Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Cuyahoga Falls Black Tigers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-08-09, 03:42 PM
All District

bigticket233 is on a distinguished road
For one from Tallmadge I am amused on how you keep trying to stir the pot here on the falls posts....you keep you program growing from one year to the next..and I am still waiting on your accusation on our program recruiting kids..if you keep accusing and have no proof than go elsewhere.. we don't need your bull on here!
Old 11-08-09, 07:14 PM
Freshman

jmd999 is on a distinguished road
bigticket....because I live in Cuyahoga Falls. Myself or anyone else should not have to go to a neighboring city because the people running the program now are doing a terrible job. And no, it's not just me, it's majority of parents and several of the coaches that feel this way. If these people are not willing to do a better job, then hopefully the BYF program is created. What you said proves my point about the current attitude of CF's board, " if you don't like the program, then go play somewhere else ". This is what one father was told when he complained about his kid having the wrong equipment. Again, the program does not belong to the current board, it belongs to the kids and their parents. Apparently, we have no choice but to hope for an alternative program to be created.
Old 11-08-09, 08:12 PM
All District

I think no matter what is said you have made your mind..good luck with your choice
Old 11-08-09, 09:55 PM
All Yappi

GRPride86 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigticket233 View Post
For one from Tallmadge I am amused on how you keep trying to stir the pot here on the falls posts....you keep you program growing from one year to the next..and I am still waiting on your accusation on our program recruiting kids..if you keep accusing and have no proof than go elsewhere.. we don't need your bull on here!
I don't have specifics but I can tell you how the entire league does it. And when I say entire, I mean (Tallmadge, Ellet, Stow, Green, Cuy Falls, Springfield). They all were looking for the standout 8th graders that could make weight on varsity. They would talk to the kids and try to get them to stay down. Heck, one year Springfield had an 8th grader that was to old to play but went ahead and changed his birth certificate.

I'm not getting on here and trying to stir any pot. I'm giving you my opinion on the leagues. Personally I think having all 8th graders play "together" at the MS would make your HS program stronger. You on the other hand are saying that they should stay in CFYF and play together. How is the entire 8th grade class going to stay together when the big nasty's can't make weight in CFYF?
Old 11-08-09, 11:39 PM
All Ohio

rghrider98 is on a distinguished road
Our HS coach will tell you the more kids participating the better and if you have a 7th 8th and V team then that seems to be giving more kids opportunities to develop. JMO Thats 3 QB's to work from and more kids getting more opportunities.
Old 11-09-09, 06:50 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRPride86 View Post
I don't have specifics but I can tell you how the entire league does it. And when I say entire, I mean (Tallmadge, Ellet, Stow, Green, Cuy Falls, Springfield). They all were looking for the standout 8th graders that could make weight on varsity. They would talk to the kids and try to get them to stay down. Heck, one year Springfield had an 8th grader that was to old to play but went ahead and changed his birth certificate.

I'm not getting on here and trying to stir any pot. I'm giving you my opinion on the leagues. Personally I think having all 8th graders play "together" at the MS would make your HS program stronger. You on the other hand are saying that they should stay in CFYF and play together. How is the entire 8th grade class going to stay together when the big nasty's can't make weight in CFYF?
Just like said in earlier posts..so lets say this again.. raise the weight limit to 165 or have none at all at the varsity level...and am still waiting on exactly which kid or kids you are referring to here in our program about being recruited..
Old 11-09-09, 10:25 PM
All Yappi

I told you everyone did or does it.

Enough said.
Old 11-10-09, 06:41 PM
All District

Listen I don't know where you get your information so in other words keep your mouth shut! Do not ever slander our youth program with that bull .. you never had any proof and you're a coward for even trying to get on our post and saying that crap! go get a life.. enough said
Old 11-11-09, 08:04 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigticket233 View Post
Listen I don't know where you get your information so in other words keep your mouth shut! Do not ever slander our youth program with that bull .. you never had any proof and you're a coward for even trying to get on our post and saying that crap! go get a life.. enough said
What's the average number of 8th graders you have on your varsity?
Old 11-11-09, 01:19 PM
All American

spartan71 is on a distinguished road
SYFL has its place in some types of communities with certain situations (no MS team=Mogadore) and in the past (many many years ago) gave undersized youth players a chance to compete with similar sized kids before entering HS to help develope their fundementals in a safer enviroment than some of the alternatives back in the day (i.e. no weight limits leagues).... with that said I believe the league became tainted over time by over ambitious coaches and directors who decide to compete for players with the school programs instead of feeding them players..

a set process of how kids will progress from youth to MS is essential for a programs continuity (note i did not say success)... Youth football is about winning to some narrow minded people (who some times have control) no doubt and that is ultimatley the reason a set non-conflicting process needs to be put in place between a youth org. and High School Head Coach's program...

IMO C.F. needs a feeder program but it seems there is a certain amout of dislike by most of the SYFL organizations toward the BYFC. I would hope that they could look past their emotions and make the right choices for their communities if considering an alternative to the present league.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: