Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Cuyahoga Falls Black Tigers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-25-08, 10:45 AM
Freshman

BlackTiger88 is on a distinguished road
Youth Football

I think we should explore getting a second league for the youth..I dont know if this BYF league would be the answer. But with the limitations on the wieghts currently stops a lot of big kids from playing football. I have read other forums and the communties seem to be having a hard time with there politics. But they are completely removing the one league..I dont think we should get rid of suburban youth football it is a great league and we should not be without it. From what I have seen our current President/Director does a great job running it..We have the numbers easy and would assure more playing time and increase our number of kids playing football. I am a high school football fan I lived here in the Falls my whole life..I think we should keep an eye on these other cities over the next couple years to see if there high school football programs improve.....
Old 07-25-08, 06:34 PM
All Ohio

Smashmouth#1 is on a distinguished road
Wow, starting early this year, and out in the open.
Old 07-28-08, 09:59 AM
All World

Irish87
Black Tiger,
your suggestion is an intelligent one. If you do the research and get feedback from all your parents, volunteers, officers and coaches, you could make this work. I think if you take your time with this decision and inform the people of what is being talked about, the gossip and rumors would be at a minuimum and possilby controlled. If this would start to develope, I suggest both Directors work together to make the transition easier. Communicate, communicate, communicate to the people!
Old 07-28-08, 09:23 PM
Freshman

uomini d'onore is on a distinguished road
Middle School Program

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTiger88 View Post
I think we should explore getting a second league for the youth..I dont know if this BYF league would be the answer. But with the limitations on the wieghts currently stops a lot of big kids from playing football. I have read other forums and the communties seem to be having a hard time with there politics. But they are completely removing the one league..I dont think we should get rid of suburban youth football it is a great league and we should not be without it. From what I have seen our current President/Director does a great job running it..We have the numbers easy and would assure more playing time and increase our number of kids playing football. I am a high school football fan I lived here in the Falls my whole life..I think we should keep an eye on these other cities over the next couple years to see if there high school football programs improve.....
If your kids are going to Falls High a BIG need is to upgrade and improve the middle school program. Interest, volunteerism, fund raising, and pressure on the administration are all needed. If improvements are on this level, it will go a long way to help your son and his friends with their HS football careers.
Old 07-28-08, 09:44 PM
All Ohio

Smashmouth#1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by uomini d'onore View Post
If your kids are going to Falls High a BIG need is to upgrade and improve the middle school program. Interest, volunteerism, fund raising, and pressure on the administration are all needed. If improvements are on this level, it will go a long way to help your son and his friends with their HS football careers.
There seem to be several pointers here that would indicate that this first post was a politically motivated one from someone outside your community. I think your suggestion is sincere and also a good one. I also feel that you should work to improve the systems that are currently in place.

To clarify, I am not referring to your post I am referring to the one from BlackTiger.
Old 07-29-08, 08:38 PM
Freshman

True Intentions

My post is totally agendaless and a humble plea for the betterment of Black Tiger football. More numbers and a bigger talent pool are critical for us to turn things around here. The current youth football program is sound. I too wish they would do something with the weight limits so that the bigger kids can still play. However, the weak link in the feeder system here revolves around the middle school team(s). IE: Numbers too low to have seperate 7th and 8th grade teams, deplorable practice field and locker room at Bolich MS, coaching issues, and lack of interest and support. NEEDS TO BE FIXED IF WE EVER WANT TO SEE WINS ON FRIDAY NIGHT !
Old 07-29-08, 09:39 PM
Freshman

youth

I totally agree bolich is a mess...there are holes and the field is very unlevel..The whole place needs a face lift...If the mayor liked football... you bet it would be fixed up fast...All those kids and they cant field 7th and 8th grade teams I didnt know that..I also agree the current youth program is solid(sensitive subject).But these kids need this middle school to help them transition into high school ball..I know somebody is not going to like this BUT it has to be said...It has to be really rough coming from youth striaght into High school ball
Old 07-29-08, 10:43 PM
All Ohio

Seminoles22 is on a distinguished road
I agree with most of you that Little Black Tiger football is a phenominal program, but at the same time it is not doing anything for your high school. Maybe it isnt the program, maybe it is the kids getting lazy etc. There could be a million different reasons for a high school team being bad after they dominate the youth. Look at Stow, other than last year they have been not very good for the past 5-7 years after those same kids dominated SYFL.. Maybe your community does need a fresh start, not taking anything away from the program that you have right now but maybe choosing the other road will better yourselves in the future, i mean either way it will be fun for the kids because it is youth football. Plus, the weight limit issue is something that is coming up all over the place in other communities and only time will tell if that really did help or not... But i wouldnt bet against it, why should you? A fat little ten year that loves football and wants to play football is told he weighs to much. How is that fair? So the kid gets lazy, plays video games all day and loses interest in the sport. Who knows, maybe he could have been all-state? But a league without a weight limit gives more kids more opportunites, no matter if some agree and some don't.
Old 07-29-08, 11:40 PM
All Region

green pride
You poor misguided little boy. We have just got commitments from 3 Byf programs for next year your little experiment is not working sorry. You come on here and talk like a grown up but are just a little boy. Sorry I did not play the politics and let you be the star of the team, get over it. Keep up your hate people are getting it now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminoles22 View Post
I agree with most of you that Little Black Tiger football is a phenominal program, but at the same time it is not doing anything for your high school. Maybe it isnt the program, maybe it is the kids getting lazy etc. There could be a million different reasons for a high school team being bad after they dominate the youth. Look at Stow, other than last year they have been not very good for the past 5-7 years after those same kids dominated SYFL.. Maybe your community does need a fresh start, not taking anything away from the program that you have right now but maybe choosing the other road will better yourselves in the future, i mean either way it will be fun for the kids because it is youth football. Plus, the weight limit issue is something that is coming up all over the place in other communities and only time will tell if that really did help or not... But i wouldnt bet against it, why should you? A fat little ten year that loves football and wants to play football is told he weighs to much. How is that fair? So the kid gets lazy, plays video games all day and loses interest in the sport. Who knows, maybe he could have been all-state? But a league without a weight limit gives more kids more opportunites, no matter if some agree and some don't.
Old 07-30-08, 09:03 AM
Freshman

Smash & Green
I am not trying to put down or trying to hurt your organization in anyway!!
I just would like to see these bigger kids be able to get there chance at playing some football...There has to be a solution maybe byf is not for us..from what I read about byf seems to be a very controlled game and some excitement is missing...But at least the big kids are out on the field...What can we do for the big kids that cant play...
Old 07-31-08, 12:25 AM
Varsity

Ellet_32
[QUOTE=green pride;3178540] We have just got commitments from 3 Byf programs for next year

Who are they?
Old 07-31-08, 01:01 PM
All World

thepolster is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTiger88 View Post
Smash & Green
I am not trying to put down or trying to hurt your organization in anyway!!
I just would like to see these bigger kids be able to get there chance at playing some football...There has to be a solution maybe byf is not for us..from what I read about byf seems to be a very controlled game and some excitement is missing...But at least the big kids are out on the field...What can we do for the big kids that cant play...
WOW! this sounds very familiar. BYF is the only solution. I cant stress it enough. Our jr high will have low numbers this year but will increase by 200percent when the 32 7th graders move up. My advice to you is to get a few people together and tape a byf game and show your director. Go with the facts the byf can provide for you. Call Don Schultz and set up a meeting so your schools can make the right choice. The new syf starter league in springfield has failed many parents. I guess the oh mighty by laws are going to be broken because they cant field a whole team. The byf in Springfield has nearly increased by 30 percent and still climbing. As soon as the new syf start up league crashes we will get there 15 kids or maybe even sooner. Later dude. Make it happen, byf guys are always around to give out the facts.
Old 07-31-08, 10:57 PM
Freshman

jimmy422 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepolster View Post
WOW! this sounds very familiar. BYF is the only solution. I cant stress it enough. Our jr high will have low numbers this year but will increase by 200percent when the 32 7th graders move up. My advice to you is to get a few people together and tape a byf game and show your director. Go with the facts the byf can provide for you. Call Don Schultz and set up a meeting so your schools can make the right choice. The new syf starter league in springfield has failed many parents. I guess the oh mighty by laws are going to be broken because they cant field a whole team. The byf in Springfield has nearly increased by 30 percent and still climbing. As soon as the new syf start up league crashes we will get there 15 kids or maybe even sooner. Later dude. Make it happen, byf guys are always around to give out the facts.
Oh ya, this from a guy that falcified his sons birth certifacate so he could play. Why is it agian that you can't help out with the youth league??
Old 08-02-08, 09:34 PM
Freshman

theaman71 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down yeayea

listen youth football should have no weight limit and be cut off at 6th grade so in middle school they will have all the talent and players ready to play agianst bigger guys then them
Old 08-02-08, 10:47 PM
All Region

green pride
Yea and they could be coached by two teachers for 70 kids that makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theaman71 View Post
listen youth football should have no weight limit and be cut off at 6th grade so in middle school they will have all the talent and players ready to play agianst bigger guys then them
Old 08-04-08, 03:40 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by green pride View Post
You poor misguided little boy. We have just got commitments from 3 Byf programs for next year your little experiment is not working sorry. You come on here and talk like a grown up but are just a little boy. Sorry I did not play the politics and let you be the star of the team, get over it. Keep up your hate people are getting it now.
i knew someone would find me, even if it had to do with the old youth program i was a part of for a year, wow lol. First of all i wasnt trashing SYFL, i was just stating that i agree with the weight limit rule, bottomline. I see more positives than negatives. That doesnt make me misguided? MY little experiment? Huh? lol All i was saying is that maybe Cuyahoga Falls needs a fresh start with their youth program just like those 3 teams that came from BYF to SYFL, im sure they moved for a reason... Same for those moving from SYFL to BYF. And believe me i am far over it now. I lived my dream of playing varsity football on friday nights and i did that by not letting certain people almost make me lose interest in the game... IT IS ALWAYS ABOUT THE KIDS!!
Old 08-04-08, 05:02 PM
Freshman

2008 CF Middle School Team

Quote:
Drove by and saw about only 30 kids there for the opening night of practice. Very disappointing. My other advice for youth football parents is just to get your kid to play somewhere where they care about the kids and make it fun for them. Too much pressure at that age will most likely be a bad thing. The last thing you want is for the kids to get discouraged or to just get so sick of all the drama the adults around them produce that they don't want to play anymore. And while it is the responsibility of a school system's athletic department and head coach to find quality coaching at this level, I would rather have "two teachers" than an army of psycho fathers who want to try to emulate the college and pro mentalities as coaches.
Old 08-04-08, 11:15 PM
All Region

green pride
dont be disappointed, 30 kids on youth varsity that makes 60 middle school kids seems like big numbers to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uomini d'onore View Post
Drove by and saw about only 30 kids there for the opening night of practice. Very disappointing. My other advice for youth football parents is just to get your kid to play somewhere where they care about the kids and make it fun for them. Too much pressure at that age will most likely be a bad thing. The last thing you want is for the kids to get discouraged or to just get so sick of all the drama the adults around them produce that they don't want to play anymore. And while it is the responsibility of a school system's athletic department and head coach to find quality coaching at this level, I would rather have "two teachers" than an army of psycho fathers who want to try to emulate the college and pro mentalities as coaches.
Old 08-04-08, 11:16 PM
All Region

green pride
Your varsity coaches dont have kids on the field.
Quote:
dont be disappointed, 30 kids on youth varsity that makes 60 middle school kids seems like big numbers to me.
Old 08-09-08, 09:52 PM
Freshman

theaman71 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
hey cheif listen here i bet u play youth or did all up until high school and then did not start and cryed looking at the other teams line and over all size this year my fresh team has at least 15 youth players not one starts running back lineman d-line or line backer so how bout that son
Old 08-10-08, 11:17 AM
All Region

green pride
First off your good kids leave and go to Walsh. Our High School has 16 of the 22 starters from the youth. I did start in high school and was also a all american in college you dont have a clue
Quote:
Originally Posted by theaman71 View Post
hey cheif listen here i bet u play youth or did all up until high school and then did not start and cryed looking at the other teams line and over all size this year my fresh team has at least 15 youth players not one starts running back lineman d-line or line backer so how bout that son
Old 08-10-08, 12:05 PM
All Ohio

Buckeye29 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What's wrong with a teacher being a head coach and getting three or four dads to help him out? Isn't that what every other league does? I think 70 kids on a middle school team would be great! Although I know how you guys like to limit what kids can play and what kids can not play.
Old 08-10-08, 12:20 PM
All Ohio

Buckeye29 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
First off your good kids leave and go to Walsh. Our High School has 16 of the 22 starters from the youth. I did start in high school and was also a all american in college you dont have a clue
You're not completely right there. Falls had a lot of very good players on their team last year. Three of them got full rides from what I've heard. They darn near beat Tallmadge last year. How did Green do against Tallmadge? Just wondering.

I think it's ridiculas for you SYFL guys to think that C Falls couldn't support both leagues. Green does and C Falls have way more kids than Green. Why is the SYFL so threatened by big kids playing football? Just a question, does Massillon have youth football and is there a weight limit in it? They seem to always have a pretty good high school team.

I think all of the ex "College All-Americans" should stay in Green and out of other communities business!JMO
Old 08-10-08, 03:05 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye29 View Post
You're not completely right there. Falls had a lot of very good players on their team last year. Three of them got full rides from what I've heard. They darn near beat Tallmadge last year. How did Green do against Tallmadge? Just wondering.

I think it's ridiculas for you SYFL guys to think that C Falls couldn't support both leagues. Green does and C Falls have way more kids than Green. Why is the SYFL so threatened by big kids playing football? Just a question, does Massillon have youth football and is there a weight limit in it? They seem to always have a pretty good high school team.

I think all of the ex "College All-Americans" should stay in Green and out of other communities business!JMO
Thank you god, finally someone else agrees that weight limits just dont cut it anymore...
Old 10-21-08, 12:36 PM
All District

bigticket233 is on a distinguished road
Response to the BYF league post

For what's its worth the surburban youth have raised the weight limit for varsity from 125 to 138 less than four years due to response from various coaches at high schools. But raising the weight limits up will not create a better league or make better players at the next level. In response to the two league suggestion... the middle school and the youth black tiger program are just fine for the city. The main concern are that kids have a place to play and it's up to them where they would like to play. If they would like to play for the high school than thats great, but they need to make the commitment to working in the weight room for the freshman team during the offseason. I am telling anyone that will listen that the Black Tiger program at the high school will turn around for the 09-10 season and for the next couple of years following that as well.
Old 10-21-08, 12:59 PM
All Yappi

GRPride86 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigticket233 View Post
For what's its worth the surburban youth have raised the weight limit for varsity from 125 to 138 less than four years due to response from various coaches at high schools. .

I think Varsity went from 133 to 138, just a 5 lb increase, not a 13 lb increase.
Old 10-24-08, 09:53 AM
All District

bigticket233 is on a distinguished road
you are correct from the past year ( 2007 to now ) but look at the weight limit from the past four years or five when it was 125 at varsity... now a c-team player is max 120.. when i coached c-team in 2001 it was 106..
Old 10-24-08, 11:26 AM
All Yappi

For the past several years the weight limits were:

Varsity : 133 lbs
JV: 125 lbs.

I think they moved both up 5 lbs this year

138 lbs.
130 lbs.
Old 10-26-08, 11:34 PM
Junior Varsity

Mr.Rogers is on a distinguished road
Kevin

I do think your facts are not exact with your weights. Some years they there was growth weight from start to finish. This year it was a flat five lbs.
Old 10-27-08, 08:43 AM
All Yappi

I'm pretty sure at your first weigh in on Varsity you had to weigh 133 lbs. Each month you would get an additional 1 lb. So that would take you up 4 lbs, to 137 ?

And I think JV was the same process but starting at 125 lbs for week one.

Not exactly sure but still makes no difference. The increase really wasn't that significant.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: