Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-14-19, 05:54 PM
All Yappi

OhioBobcatFan06 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JcksnPlrBrs2002 View Post
I would definitely object to somebody saying something like "Mormons are terrorists".
Agreed 100%

It’s like searching little old ladies before they board airplanes. Complete waste of time. Everyone knows it’s not the Mormons blowing things up
Old 04-14-19, 06:19 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
Those poor Nazis being treated badly because some people did something...those poor KKK being treated badly because some people did something.

Yes it's that dumb.

See what she doesn't understand is the blowback on Muslims has less to do with 9/11 or any other incident and more to do with the indifference or outright refusal to condemn the ideology that leads to terrorism. At best it's "well yes they are misguided...but America is evil and made them do it!"
What's the big deal about brushing a little bad behavior aside, man ? Simmer down.....

Hey bud. Quick question for you - who has a longer-running legacy of systemic violence against Jews, or anyone that refuses to join them for that matter ?

Muslims or Nazis ?

Who has killed more innocents, historically ?

Muslims or Nazis ?

Nazis better re-emerge and get into the slave trade. Muslims are pulling further ahead on that count every day. Nazis are gonna be 3-time losers here.
Old 04-14-19, 06:22 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
SO you are not for the Freedom of Religion?
Freedom of religion has never extended to belief systems that pose existential threats to people, something Islam has proven itself to be in the most emphatic way. If Islam wants to be accepted in the West, it needs to undergo a massive overhaul and Westernize.
Old 04-14-19, 06:28 PM
All World

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Freedom of religion has never extended to belief systems that pose existential threats to people, something Islam has proven itself to be in the most emphatic way. If Islam wants to be accepted in the West, it needs to undergo a massive overhaul and Westernize.
Opens a pandora's box....I would say the religion in the US with some of the biggest institutional problems is the Catholic church...do we ban it as well. (Note: I am Catholic BTW)
Old 04-14-19, 06:30 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
Your complete transformation into the very people you used to put down and mock during the Obama years is so fascinating.
complete ? hardly

You just realized you've been left alone with only the 40 watt crew on your side of the whole "Resist Trump!" thing, huh ?
Old 04-14-19, 06:54 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Opens a pandora's box....I would say the religion in the US with some of the biggest institutional problems is the Catholic church...do we ban it as well. (Note: I am Catholic BTW)
No, it really doesn't. Islam is the only major religion that brings violence and oppression wherever it spreads. The same cannot be said for Christianity, Hinduism, Sikhism, Buddhism, or Judaism.
Old 04-14-19, 06:59 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
...except for the part where it's asinine to compare Muslims to Nazis.
It's not asinine to compare radical Muslims to Nazis
Old 04-14-19, 07:19 PM
All American

JcksnPlrBrs2002 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It's not asinine to compare radical Muslims to Nazis
Old 04-14-19, 09:17 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Most Muslims prefer soccer
Old 04-14-19, 11:29 PM
All American

USA70PP is an unknown quantity at this point
I find it humorous some on this thread take exception to equating Muslims with Nazis but have no problem at all in equating President Trump with Hitler.
Old 04-15-19, 12:38 AM
All Yappi

Progressives: F Nazis!

Also Progressives: Those damn Jews, amirite?
Old 04-15-19, 08:45 AM
All World

jmog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Progressives: F Nazis!

Also Progressives: Those damn Jews, amirite?
That is a true and funny statement.
Old 04-15-19, 09:42 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA70PP View Post
I find it humorous some on this thread take exception to equating Muslims with Nazis but have no problem at all in equating President Trump with Hitler.
Find one single post where I've done that. It's honestly more annoying to me than anything when I see other left-leaning people do that.
Old 04-15-19, 09:56 AM
All World

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Find one single post where I've done that. It's honestly more annoying to me than anything when I see other left-leaning people do that.
Do you feel guilty because you side with and associate with the people that do? My mother always warned me that you are known by the people that you associate with so pick your friends carefully. Could it be you have not chosen wisely?

Last edited by 19AL63; 04-15-19 at 04:45 PM.
Old 04-15-19, 11:00 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
Do you feel guilty because you side with and associate with the people that do? My mother always warned me that you are know by the people that you associate with so pick your friends carefully. Could it be you have not chosen wisely?
People making silly comparisons is not a partisan phenomenon.

Every political cycle, there's a certain percentage of people on the "other side" (pick whichever you'd like) that post a bunch of "[x] is like Hitler" memes, and they're all embarrassing.

Last edited by JcksnPlrBrs2002; 04-15-19 at 04:59 PM.
Old 04-15-19, 03:56 PM
All American

JcksnPlrBrs2002:
Get under your skin did it? I said "some". I did not say any poster in particular.
Old 04-15-19, 04:38 PM
All American

Quote:
JcksnPlrBrs2002:
Get under your skin did it? I said "some". I did not say any poster in particular.
I was the one poster in the thread who called it out the comparison as ridiculous, so I think it was pretty obvious who you were trying (poorly, I might add) to take a jab at. It wasn't even remotely accurate, so I asked you to direct me to a post that would've backed it up. You haven't (and can't), so, far from "getting under my skin", you just made me chuckle a bit.
Old 04-15-19, 04:44 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
Do you feel guilty because you side with and associate with the people that do? My mother always warned me that you are know by the people that you associate with so pick your friends carefully. Could it be you have not chosen wisely?
Somebody let AL off of facebook again.
Old 04-15-19, 05:25 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by USA70PP

We know not to equate WWII era Germans with Nazis so I don't see anything objectionable with that exception. It seems reasoned.
Old 04-15-19, 07:45 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcksnplrbrs2002 View Post
i was the one poster in the thread who called it out the comparison as ridiculous, so i think it was pretty obvious who you were trying (poorly, i might add) to take a jab at. It wasn't even remotely accurate, so i asked you to direct me to a post that would've backed it up. You haven't (and can't), so, far from "getting under my skin", you just made me chuckle a bit.
drafo
Old 04-15-19, 07:54 PM
All American

Quote:
drafo
...drafo?
Old 04-15-19, 11:54 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Wonder how Jackson 02 feels about Omar equating Al Queda and Hezbollah to America?

I love these dopes are running around calling their political opponents Nazis, white supremacists, the very embodiment of evil then crying about "incitement to violence". They had members of Congress actually advocating altercations with members of the administration.
Old 04-16-19, 02:40 AM
All American

Quote:
Wonder how Jackson 02 feels about Omar equating Al Queda and Hezbollah to America?
Did she? I'd have to see what you're referring to.

Quote:
I love these dopes are running around calling their political opponents Nazis, white supremacists, the very embodiment of evil then crying about "incitement to violence".
I think I was pretty clear in previous posts in this thread that I personally find that sort of hyperbole counterproductive. There are liberals who do it, and it makes me cringe, and there are conservatives who do it, and it makes me cringe. Go image search on Google just about any recent major political figure along with the name "Hitler" and you'll get plenty of results. There have been a few legitimate criticisms in regards to certain comments and eyebrow-raisers from the current administration ("good people on both sides" comes to mind) involving situations with actual white supremacists, but most of it I just write off as simply "a certain percentage of people across the entire political spectrum just really like to cut straight to invoking Godwin's Law".

Quote:
They had members of Congress actually advocating altercations with members of the administration.
Again, I'd have to see what you're referring to. I realize some of the people on Fox News have quite the imagination, but I'm not sure what this is about.
Old 04-16-19, 07:00 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I was the one poster in the thread who called it out the comparison as ridiculous, so I think it was pretty obvious who you were trying (poorly, I might add) to take a jab at. It wasn't even remotely accurate, so I asked you to direct me to a post that would've backed it up. You haven't (and can't), so, far from "getting under my skin", you just made me chuckle a bit.
Both happy and bjf have also posted in this thread. If you thought it was directed at you, that's a you problem.
Old 04-16-19, 07:51 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
I think the democrats deserve a shout-out for their public embrace of transparency! Ilhan Omar is a true face of the party and it's right that she should be front & center in all things democrat as we head into the 2020 election season!
Old 04-16-19, 07:57 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
I think the democrats deserve a shout-out for their public embrace of transparency! Ilhan Omar is a true face of the party and it's right that she should be front & center in all things democrat as we head into the 2020 election season!
Someone has been listening to Rush and Hannity. This is just silly.
Old 04-16-19, 08:09 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Not at all Happy. Omar is the face of the democrat party. To the left she stands for Religious Freedom and fits perfectly the party's move towards anti-semitism.

She's also the poster girl for refugee based immigration. I mean here is this poor Muslim family rescued from a refugee camp in the Horn of Africa and brought to the USA. She becomes an American citizen and gets elected to the Congress.

Then she shows her appreciation by casually talking about the most horrific attack on America in the modern era as if it was no bid deal. She uses the opportunity not to condemn the evil committed against this country but to whine about the treatment of Muslims after 9/11. You know the kind of terrible treatment she received like getting elected to the US congress.

Omar embodies the democrat party because she is a world class INGRATE. But hey she's a credit to her party and I hope she lands on even more magazine covers!
Old 04-16-19, 08:10 AM
All World

jmog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Quoted for Irony
Old 04-16-19, 08:12 AM
All World

Lottiie has ODS(an overblown media trumpeting of a simple congresswoman that you are projecting ALt Right talking points to represent the whole Domocratic party)
Old 04-16-19, 08:19 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Lottiie has ODS(an overblown media trumpeting of a simple congresswoman that you are projecting ALt Right talking points to represent the whole Domocratic party)
You misunderstand Happy, I love the lady - she is just perfect as the face of the democrat party! I love AOC to and think she should get even more coverage. Her ideas are refreshingly clear about the democrat party's intentions for the country.

The sooner old prune face Nancy is replaced in the public mind by the young guns Omar & AOC the better for the democrat party and the country.

And Happy, you need to take a page out of our book and quit being embarrassed about AOC & Omar and learn to embrace them!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: