Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-15-19, 10:29 AM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
The bottom deck of the Western Hills viaduct will be closed for inspection and maintenance this Saturday (April 13) from 7AM to 3PM. https://www.wcpo.com/traffic/traffic...for-inspection
I am hearing rumblings that a chunk of funds earmarked for rebuilding the viaduct is being diverted to fix Columbia Parkway. This is what happens when the Westside has no representation on Council and the Mayor continues to stab the Westside in the back.
Old 04-15-19, 11:08 AM
All American

Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Put him on the spot, ask him publicly if thatís true. Stop lying down and taking it. Get vocal, pushback, be the squeaky wheel. I know itís not in Westsiders nature to be aggressive, but youíll always be the 2nd class citizens of the city if you donít fight back.
Old 04-15-19, 11:27 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar View Post
Put him on the spot, ask him publicly if thatís true. Stop lying down and taking it. Get vocal, pushback, be the squeaky wheel. I know itís not in Westsiders nature to be aggressive, but youíll always be the 2nd class citizens of the city if you donít fight back.
That will happen, if it comes to it.
Old 04-15-19, 01:42 PM
All American

yj_runfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
I am hearing rumblings that a chunk of funds earmarked for rebuilding the viaduct is being diverted to fix Columbia Parkway. This is what happens when the Westside has no representation on Council and the Mayor continues to stab the Westside in the back.
The amount of money required to replace (not "rebuild") the viaduct does not exist in the city's bank vault. The rumblings you hear aren't based in reality.

A better example would be the two weeks it took the city to clear the landslide on Westwood Northern Boulevard compared to the daily attention Columbia Parkway was getting.
Old 04-15-19, 01:56 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by yj_runfan View Post
The amount of money required to replace (not "rebuild") the viaduct does not exist in the city's bank vault. The rumblings you hear aren't based in reality.

A better example would be the two weeks it took the city to clear the landslide on Westwood Northern Boulevard compared to the daily attention Columbia Parkway was getting.
Columbia Pkwy is bad, but itís not catastrophic. Itís one small portion of that stretch thatís slid over the boundaries. It should not be something that breaks the bank for the city.
Old 04-15-19, 03:34 PM
All World

Quote:
True, but the share pledged by the City does exist, together with that pledged by the County and State. While we are still coming up short, without the City's share, it doesn't happen, even if the feds pony up. At some point in the not too distant future, the Viaduct closes or someone dies.

By the way, where is the two million Cranley pledged for the redevelopment of the Northwest corner of W8th and Overlook. Still waiting Mayor.
Old 04-18-19, 09:46 AM
All American

yj_runfan is on a distinguished road
Got a letter from 5/3rd Bank stating that the bank center in the new Dent Krogers will open Thursday May 16th so I assume that will be the opening day for the whole store.
Old 04-18-19, 10:41 AM
Junior Varsity

SC10EHS15 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Got a letter from 5/3rd Bank stating that the bank center in the new Dent Krogers will open Thursday May 16th so I assume that will be the opening day for the whole store.
I really hope so. Been looking forward to finally having a Marketplace on this side of town and the current Dent Kroger to close; just way too small
Old 04-18-19, 03:23 PM
All World

Anyone know anything about the "pop-up carnival" that was located on Harrison Avenue for several weeks and now is operating on Delhi Pike in what was Remke's parking lot?
Old 04-20-19, 06:00 PM
Junior Varsity

Melody is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
Anyone know anything about the "pop-up carnival" that was located on Harrison Avenue for several weeks and now is operating on Delhi Pike in what was Remke's parking lot?
No me and my mom were so curious about this. I was in Arby's drive thru on Harrison a few weeks ago and look over like wtf?! There was no signs about if it was for a church or what organization. My mom read something about it in the Western Hills Press (i think?) but all it really said was the dates it would be there. I just noticed today it was gone finally.... didn't know it went to Delhi!
Old 04-20-19, 08:24 PM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I drove past the front of the new store tonight. There were signs on the doors that said the grand opening will be Thursday, May 16 at 7:00 AM.
Old 04-23-19, 01:08 PM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Interesting article about how attempts to build a riverfront park in Lower Price Hill is affecting construction of a new concert venue at The Banks: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ll/3490126002/
Old 04-23-19, 05:53 PM
Junior Varsity

Melody is on a distinguished road
Rumor has it the Family Video on Glenmore that closed last month is going to be a Dollar General. I was hoping for a small family diner or restaurant since theres already a Dollar Tree and a Family Dollar within a few blocks.
Old 04-23-19, 07:50 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody View Post
Rumor has it the Family Video on Glenmore that closed last month is going to be a Dollar General. I was hoping for a small family diner or restaurant since theres already a Dollar Tree and a Family Dollar within a few blocks.
Is there anything good happening? All I ever read in this thread is depressing. Granted, Western Hills is what it is, but it’s upsetting that this is considered news worthy.

Last edited by Omar; 04-23-19 at 08:05 PM.