Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-05-19, 02:46 PM
Varsity

McKPups is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopamine View Post
Anyone read that guy who runs the cantonmckinley.com - Cooper? He just wrote an incredible piece about who he wants to be the next football coach at McKinley Let me paraphrase. 'We must hire Grimsely because he's my friend and I like him.' Ah, to see the intelligence of the average Canton football fan. They always were stupid and hired a lot of stiffs but it seems they are getting more stupid as the years roll by. With fans like these you don't need enemies. Get ready for a stiff like Miller, Robinson, Brideweiser, or the Spider as your next head coach and I see the final shovel of dirt put on this once great football program.
Mike Cooper is a McKinley fan, yes. He doesn't run CantonMcKinley.com. He voiced his opinion, just like you're voicing yours. And Canton fans have hired coaches? When has that happened?
Old 02-05-19, 02:51 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachrios View Post
The passing of Mr Chris Smith changed things on a downward trend more than people realize! AA was not ready to do the things he decided to do...I wish and pray that things turn for the better in Canton! I loved my time there and will always be a Pup! Leadership and Character first, then Championships will follow! There are good people there that will do the right thing! Go Pups!
Thank you for the support and kind words, coach!
Old 02-05-19, 02:55 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phog View Post
That doesn't mean he is qualified to hire a football coach.
No, it doesn't. And he isn't. He made it known who he'd like as the next coach. Nothing more than that.
Old 02-05-19, 07:20 PM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetitdone View Post
Because they are called kids and you adults sit and bash them like they did anything to you accept I guess make you jealous. Especially you Canton City Rats who should do nothing but respect that town,. After all you only have a tradition because of them. That's why. You get it now
Oh yea I get it,go take care of your GlenOak and St Thomas connections and don't worry yourself with the BULLDOGS or your fake luv for TigerTown...go back in your hole...get another name change...BAM!
Old 02-05-19, 08:36 PM
Freshman

Peycash12 is on a distinguished road
Hire badre and watch it work. any coach on staff shouldnt mind working for him . Most of them did as position coaches on offense . (Hall& McLeod). Keep grimsley as backer coach , find a d cord and officer sharpe gone continue to do a great job on staff and in the community . Hedricks dbs and watch it work . I believe the staff would rather see badre as head over anyone else on the list .
Old 02-05-19, 09:05 PM
All District

TheBranch79 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peycash12 View Post
Hire badre and watch it work. any coach on staff shouldnt mind working for him . Most of them did as position coaches on offense . (Hall& McLeod). Keep grimsley as backer coach , find a d cord and officer sharpe gone continue to do a great job on staff and in the community . Hedricks dbs and watch it work . I believe the staff would rather see badre as head over anyone else on the list .
Didnít he get fired from his last job? They canít do better?
Old 02-05-19, 09:42 PM
Freshman

No , he resigned due to depleted numbers at st Thomas . Doing better would be to hire him and keep the offense rolling. Every offense he’s coordinated scores points . Google that resignation letter it’s nov3
Old 02-05-19, 10:07 PM
Junior Varsity

Browns12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
Cooper has a twitter account that he links to his facebook account for things he writes on facebook. That's where you will find it. When you get to his twitter page scroll down to Jan 28th date and look for the words "another visit post".

https://twitter.com/CantonMcKinley

A lot of great coaches on this list! Mckinley has their hands full
Old 02-05-19, 10:25 PM
All American

my2sense is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreakoffice View Post
Dayton Dunbar
Bluestreak?!? Which one is the Dayton guy?
Old 02-06-19, 08:34 AM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
Hall is lead man in weight room

PEYCASH you are wrong - Hall was on Dline last year was not a position coach under Badre

The noise from Massillon was Badre wasn't bad but if he tries to get brother in......not so good idea - he wasn't getting high praise from the tigers for performance.

not sure why there is a propaganda campaign on yappi by one poster - heck there is a teacher on staff that wants it - played D1 college - well received by Bulldog community

I'm hoping they do due diligence and interview a pool of candidates to get the right "fit"

Best of luck to the committee
Old 02-06-19, 09:11 AM
All District

OGnir is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
Hall is lead man in weight room

PEYCASH you are wrong - Hall was on Dline last year was not a position coach under Badre

The noise from Massillon was Badre wasn't bad but if he tries to get brother in......not so good idea - he wasn't getting high praise from the tigers for performance.

Best of luck to the committee

Badre would do a nice job

On his brother Walid Bardawil, wasn't he on the McK staff for a few weeks after leaving Massillon and ended up at Jackson ? He is now the head coach and AD at TCC.
Old 02-06-19, 09:34 AM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
Several of the candidates would do a nice job IMO

but suddenly there is a newbie posting heavy, pushing one candidate.

was badre's brother the guy that was AD and HC for like a month before being dismissed?

Cummings had to come back and coach after stepping away due to the awkward vacancy at TCC.
Old 02-06-19, 10:35 AM
Freshman

My bad on hall coaching o line but don’t get me started on the propaganda topic . So what a newbie is rooting for badre , he has the most experience on the staff . Just because your a teacher , played d1 one ball and loved by the community , doesn’t mean your ready to be a head coach . It makes sense to keep the same staff , since , the kids already believe in these coaches and badre offensive system . Find a new QB and DC things should be fine . By the way , Wally had the tigers strong as strength coach , much stronger than roddy has them now . And as long as the team lifts , who cares about a lead man in the weight room. I’d lead if I wanted the job too .

Last edited by Peycash12; 02-06-19 at 10:47 AM.
Old 02-06-19, 10:46 AM
All District

TheBranch79 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No , he resigned due to depleted numbers at st Thomas . Doing better would be to hire him and keep the offense rolling. Every offense heís coordinated scores points . Google that resignation letter itís nov3
Just read the article, didnít mention anything about depleted numbers just that he was leaving for personal reasons. Usually when a coach leaves for personal reasons and then finds himself on a staff within a year, the writing is in the wall and/or fired.

Just looking at the applicants makes you think how attractive this job actually is. W
Old 02-06-19, 10:53 AM
All Yappi

MCGal is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MCGal
Why are people overlooking Wattley so much? He seems like a top candidate on that list to me
Old 02-06-19, 11:27 AM
Freshman

Thebranch79, google whbc.com nov3,2017

After struggling through a 1-9 season with a depleted roster of players , badre b has resigned as head of STA 😉 . What writing on the wall ? Maybe thatís what reardon saw since no perry or tiger dubs. I want to see badre get the job , whatís wrong with that ? Then say propoganda when you have mike cooper rooting for grimsley , certain others rooting for mck alums , Dayton coaches now whately . I would like to see Antonio Hall as head just no experience as o and d cord or head coach .
Old 02-06-19, 01:49 PM
All Yappi

Maxie can only hope to improve
Quote:
My bad on hall coaching o line but donít get me started on the propaganda topic . So what a newbie is rooting for badre , he has the most experience on the staff . Just because your a teacher , played d1 one ball and loved by the community , doesnít mean your ready to be a head coach . It makes sense to keep the same staff , since , the kids already believe in these coaches and badre offensive system . Find a new QB and DC things should be fine . By the way , Wally had the tigers strong as strength coach , much stronger than roddy has them now . And as long as the team lifts , who cares about a lead man in the weight room. Iíd lead if I wanted the job too .

Are you serious? The Tigers aren't as strong as they were a couple years ago?? Where do you get this stuff? What does this have to do with the McKinley job? That being said, again, good luck to The Bulldogs' search for a coach.
Old 02-06-19, 04:56 PM
All American

Stark Born & Bred is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBranch79 View Post
Just read the article, didnít mention anything about depleted numbers just that he was leaving for personal reasons. Usually when a coach leaves for personal reasons and then finds himself on a staff within a year, the writing is in the wall and/or fired.

Just looking at the applicants makes you think how attractive this job actually is. W
The original story out of Aquinas was that he resigned. In time, the story became that he was asked to resign or be fired and the rationale was that he would not put in the time they believed necessary to encourage both junior high kids to attend Aquinas and Aquinas students to play football. They wanted a salesman and a football coach and they did not think he was serving those two masters well.
Old 02-06-19, 04:58 PM
All American

Stark Born & Bred is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Thebranch79, google whbc.com nov3,2017

After struggling through a 1-9 season with a depleted roster of players , badre b has resigned as head of STA �� . What writing on the wall ? Maybe thatís what reardon saw since no perry or tiger dubs. I want to see badre get the job , whatís wrong with that ? Then say propoganda when you have mike cooper rooting for grimsley , certain others rooting for mck alums , Dayton coaches now whately . I would like to see Antonio Hall as head just no experience as o and d cord or head coach .
If Grimsley is head coach, could he hire a Mayle as a coordinator? That would be a real gathering of Canton "royalty."
Old 02-06-19, 06:26 PM
Freshman

Does grimsley have a bachelors ? Last I heard he didn’t, i was told you need that qualify . I believe Antonio Hall and Frank McLeod does along w badre . And to Maxie , I was only comparing Walid B to roddy since they mentioned his tenure at Massillon . We all know D Studers the man .
Old 02-07-19, 10:57 AM
All District

frs1930 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Browns12 View Post
A lot of great coaches on this list! Mckinley has their hands full
Got any favorites on that list?
Old 02-07-19, 11:08 AM
Junior Varsity

Browns12 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by frs1930 View Post
Got any favorites on that list?

Thereís 3 names that Iíve heard more and more about this past season. Wattley, Gresko and Kosiorek. We all know coach Wattleys past with coaching at St. Vís but I think he would be a great fit right now. Kosiorek took over at Gilmore a few years back and transformed a program and had one of the best players in the state last year. And Gresko from Kenston won a state championship last season as I believe their qbs coach. There are a few other names on the list that have impressive resumes though.. so who knows whatís going to happen.

Does anyone know when they will start the interview process?
Old 02-07-19, 10:00 PM
Success is Tradition!

just a fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCGal View Post
Why are people overlooking Wattley so much? He seems like a top candidate on that list to me
I've never been one to offer opinions regarding applicants for McKinley coaching positions, but I have to agree that he stands out as a top candidate. Only question is...can he succeed at a urban public school?
Old 02-08-19, 12:09 AM
All American

JJBulldog is on a distinguished road
Some good points made. I'm closing this thread as another has the actual list.
Old 02-08-19, 08:25 AM
All District

Lefthook37 is on a distinguished road
Come on man !!!!!
Old 02-08-19, 09:59 AM
Freshman

Interviews start this Saturday and Sunday and according to the StV. thread Whattley wasn’t so good and neither was his staff . Refer to StV thread .
Old 02-08-19, 05:18 PM
All Yappi

So who gets an interview and who doesn't get one?
Old 02-08-19, 06:00 PM
All Region

DickShadow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark Born & Bred View Post
If Grimsley is head coach, could he hire a Mayle as a coordinator? That would be a real gathering of Canton "royalty."
Hahaha, now thats funny, not only would I find a Mayle but also a Croston to fill a coaching spot
Old 02-08-19, 06:18 PM
All Yappi

A lot of schools in and around Stark have recently hired a new football coach and have chosen someone that fits their program,I see McKinley doing the same.

Last edited by Raymo; 02-09-19 at 11:58 AM.
Old 02-10-19, 02:24 PM
All Yappi

Anyone hear who is interviewing the applicants this weekend?