Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-25-19, 12:32 PM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingTrain View Post
You'd have to think Sidney Lehman would be all over joining up with Loramie, Miami East, Covington and Bethel. You're up to five now. My guess is finding 2-3 more compatible schools won't be easy, but also maybe won't be hard. LCC is obviously there lurking as an option. If it took them to get to eight members does anyone say no?

It's a weird spot to be in for these four schools - you drop the dead weight but you lose schedule filler.
I also would assume Troy Christian would be interested
Old 01-25-19, 12:41 PM
All Yappi

winbypin will become famous soon enough
Lehman & Troy Christian are the obvious choices to approach. They both have shown they can compete with those remaining schools in all sports. If they were able to get Troy Christian could they pull Dayton Christian in (only other football playing school in the MBC)? DC plays football only now in the MVC I believe.

Of course that leads to more ripple effects as the MBC loses two members. Doesn't matter for football obviously but does in other sports.
Old 01-25-19, 01:52 PM
All District

BucksFan937 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBig View Post
This new league would be for all sports. Kicking Covington, Miami East, Fort Loramie (only affected for football), Bethel would kill those schools.

Bethel and Miami East are close enough they could team up but they are leaving Covington out to dry.

The new conference with all those teams would be rotten across the board in almost all sports. Maybe a blip on the radar in some sports such as Bradford's softball.

Boys Basketball--All those teams stink
Football-- All those teams stink (Miss Valley, Bradford barely have enough numbers)
Baseball--Outside of TCN all those teams stink!
Girls Basketball- All those teams STINK!
Volleyball-- All those teams STINK!

all those schools get rocked in every OHSAA tournament outside the blips.

This is a heckuva move for those kids. Teach em that if you can't compete, don't worry about working harder.....we will just quit and play other teams that STINK!

These communities and administrators should be embarrassed this is the example they are setting for their children.
Aside from football, I don't agree with this at all with the boys sports. The top 4-5 in basketball this year will be in the new conference, the top 4 teams from baseball this past year will be in the new conference (Bethel and Covington were last and dead last). Given I'm not saying anybody had postseason success in any regards. Quite frankly the only team that has any post season success lately at all is Fort Loramie, and they are football only.

Overall I hate the way this has seemed to play out. I do think there is room for improvement with how the CCC is currently set up and I'm not sure what would be the best option to fix it. I would prefer splitting into divisions and maybe adding a few schools that may be interested. This could have helped with some of the travel issues. In the end I just hope this works out better for everyone.
Old 01-25-19, 02:05 PM
Junior Varsity

allcincinnatiteam is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBig View Post
This new league would be for all sports. Kicking Covington, Miami East, Fort Loramie (only affected for football), Bethel would kill those schools.

Bethel and Miami East are close enough they could team up but they are leaving Covington out to dry.

The new conference with all those teams would be rotten across the board in almost all sports. Maybe a blip on the radar in some sports such as Bradford's softball.

Boys Basketball--All those teams stink
Football-- All those teams stink (Miss Valley, Bradford barely have enough numbers)
Baseball--Outside of TCN all those teams stink!
Girls Basketball- All those teams STINK!
Volleyball-- All those teams STINK!

all those schools get rocked in every OHSAA tournament outside the blips.

This is a heckuva move for those kids. Teach em that if you can't compete, don't worry about working harder.....we will just quit and play other teams that STINK!

These communities and administrators should be embarrassed this is the example they are setting for their children.
Tri-Village's girls basketball team is #5 in the state right now in D4.....
Old 01-25-19, 02:29 PM
All Region

shoprat2 is on a distinguished road
Guess this does show that what goes around comes around. Remember when Covington back doored the Src. They got tired of losing to Versailles in fb and saw falling enrollment so the AD and fb coach then started looking for a new conference. Some of the others got Wind what was up and started looking for places to go. The conference then fell apart. A real shame some quality fb and wrestling from those schools.
Old 01-25-19, 03:05 PM
All World

ex_dc_atc is on a distinguished road
More than anything, this sounds like it was handled so poorly. To hold meetings without the other 4 schools, to try to act as though you want to leave the league, but also want to keep the league name? It's just a backdoor way of kicking those other four schools out of the league.
Old 01-25-19, 06:31 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
CCC Changes Coming?

Here's a senario for you...
Miami East joins the SWBL Covington joins the MAC with Ft Loramie. Bethel joins the CBC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by BlessEmAll; 01-25-19 at 06:55 PM.
Old 01-25-19, 07:23 PM
Varsity

RollingTrain is on a distinguished road
The CBC is full with the addition of North Union (Mad River) and London (Kenton Trace). North Union was a geograhic question mark - no way would Bethel and Miami East be a fit with them in the Mad River.
Old 01-25-19, 07:26 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe51391 View Post
This will lead into a SWBL change as well. I see a few new conferences forming (changing) because of this. I see one conference like this

North
Arcanum
Tri Village
Ansonia
Bradford
MV
West Milton
Northridge

South
Preble Shawnee
Twin Valley South
Tri County North
National Trail
Dixie
Brookville
Eaton

Franklin Monroe (No Football)

Then I could see Covington and FL going to the MAC and maybe ME going to with Parkway getting dropped.ME and Bethel going to OHC or CBC if ME doesn't get into MAC. With the "new" CCC it would allow 2 out of conference games and 2 interdivision games so for the teams that are bigger BV Eaton WM they could schedule enough points outside of the conference to get them in the playoffs.

Ok. Milton isn't leaving the SWBL to play Miss Valley, Ansonia, Tri Village etc. That's comical.
Milton will not leave the SWBL. Miami East and Bethel could join the SWBL. Covington to the MAC with FL.
THE CCC splitting isn't going to cause upheaval in other conferences, especially the SWBL. Schools aren't jumping at the chance to join the CCC. Look for the MBC to offer Ft Loramie, Covington and Miami East.
This whole thing is a joke. What are we teaching kids? Quit if you can't win? These 10 schools are terrible. Newton and FM leaving? They don't play football.

Old 01-25-19, 07:29 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
The CBC is full with the addition of North Union (Mad River) and London (Kenton Trace). North Union was a geograhic question mark - no way would Bethel and Miami East be a fit with them in the Mad River.

Bethel and Miami East used to play those schools in other leagues. North Union doesn't preclude Bethel from joining anymore than Northwestern.

Old 01-25-19, 08:42 PM
Freshman

flyer2932 is on a distinguished road
I do not see the MAC adding any schools unless someone would leave.
Wonder if Anna would be interested in leaving the MAC and joining a new conference with fellow SCL member Fort Loramie.

Anna (football only)
Fort Loramie (Football only)
Bethel
Covington
Miami East
Sidney Lehman
Troy Christian
Milton Union

Seems like that would be decent conference with minimal travel for all schools.
Old 01-25-19, 09:00 PM
All District

IndianaBanana is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer2932 View Post
I do not see the MAC adding any schools unless someone would leave.
Wonder if Anna would be interested in leaving the MAC and joining a new conference with fellow SCL member Fort Loramie.

Anna (football only)
Fort Loramie (Football only)
Bethel
Covington
Miami East
Sidney Lehman
Troy Christian
Milton Union

Seems like that would be decent conference with minimal travel for all schools.
In the "ain't gon' happen" hypothetical where Anna leaves the MAC to join, I think it would be LCC's only opportunity to land a conference with a decent proximity and comparable size.

Heck, I'll say that even without Anna in the equation.
Old 01-25-19, 10:11 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
Ok. Milton isn't leaving the SWBL to play Miss Valley, Ansonia, Tri Village etc. That's comical.
Milton will not leave the SWBL. Miami East and Bethel could join the SWBL. Covington to the MAC with FL.
THE CCC splitting isn't going to cause upheaval in other conferences, especially the SWBL. Schools aren't jumping at the chance to join the CCC. Look for the MBC to offer Ft Loramie, Covington and Miami East.
This whole thing is a joke. What are we teaching kids? Quit if you can't win? These 10 schools are terrible. Newton and FM leaving? They don't play football.

Bless Em, The only way Covington enters the MAC conversation is if Pakway bolts to the Northwest Conference and St Johns closes which isn't happening at this time. Travel would suck for sports other than football otherwise. Fort Loramie would get in first.

Now I have an Idea.

Bethel
Covington
Miami East
Milton Union
West Liberty Salem
Triad
Mechanicsburg
Lehman
LCC
Fort Loramie
Degraff Riverside (If Fort Loramie goes to the MAC)

Troy Christian could also fit.
Old 01-25-19, 10:39 PM
Varsity

FeartheRooster is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Off your point that schools arenít chomping at the bit to join the CCC, youíre exactly right. So thatís kind of why I donít know if i can blame these smaller schools much. Itís a weak league overall. If Milton was getting their butt beat time and time again, year after year theyíd do the same. These High Schools want to be competitive and teach their student athletes far more than how to lose and get beat up on. Now donít go getting confused and thinking I agree with the ďtake your ball and go homeĒ mentality, thatís not it. I just can understand the perspective here of wanting to give your schools a chance to be successful. Just like if Anna left the MAC would anyone say anything? As one of the biggest schools in the MAC but not a ďpower houseĒ, would it be in their best interest to stay and win a league title once every decade?
Food for thought.
Old 01-26-19, 04:01 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeartheRooster View Post
Off your point that schools arenít chomping at the bit to join the CCC, youíre exactly right. So thatís kind of why I donít know if i can blame these smaller schools much. Itís a weak league overall. If Milton was getting their butt beat time and time again, year after year theyíd do the same. These High Schools want to be competitive and teach their student athletes far more than how to lose and get beat up on. Now donít go getting confused and thinking I agree with the ďtake your ball and go homeĒ mentality, thatís not it. I just can understand the perspective here of wanting to give your schools a chance to be successful. Just like if Anna left the MAC would anyone say anything? As one of the biggest schools in the MAC but not a ďpower houseĒ, would it be in their best interest to stay and win a league title once every decade?

Food for thought.

Milton was getting their butt beat in the SRC. They left when SCC, Versailles and Miami East left. We ended up in the SWBL.
Tri County N, Arcanum and Ansonia have had success. Bradford is sad.
East should join the CBC... Again. The SWBL isn't changing and Milton isn't leaving.
Covington kinda screwed over the SRC when they left. Miami East would be a good fit for the SWBL.
New Bremen, Parkway and St John's haven't been successful in the MAC. THEY AREN'T LEAVING

Old 01-26-19, 04:39 PM
All Ohio

Blue Jay Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Milton was getting their butt beat in the SRC. They left when SCC, Versailles and Miami East left. We ended up in the SWBL.
East should join the CBC... Again. The SWBL isn't changing and Milton isn't leaving.
Covington kinda screwed over the SRC when they left. Miami East would be a good fit for the SWBL.
New Bremen, Parkway and St John's haven't been successful in the MAC. THEY AREN'T LEAVING

Wait, what???
Old 01-26-19, 04:53 PM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I am almost certain beyond any doubt Covington and Bethel have always been in the CCC as original members. They were both Three Rivers Conference before that.
Old 01-26-19, 05:35 PM
Varsity

dogsdogsdogs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4fan View Post
I am almost certain beyond any doubt Covington and Bethel have always been in the CCC as original members. They were both Three Rivers Conference before that.
Sorry to say you are wrong about Covington. In the 80's, Covington was in the SRC winning the football league title in 1985 for sure.
Old 01-26-19, 06:11 PM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
Bring back the SRC!
Old 01-26-19, 08:26 PM
All Region

shoprat2 is on a distinguished road
Covington was in the SRC. Bethel was not. Covington bolted when they saw their run of success coming up short against Tipp,Versailles. They held the secret talks then, when word got out as it always seems to happen Tipp and MU started looking for a place to land. ME went with Covington to the Ccc. The schools that got screwed were Stebbins and Springfield Catholic. It did take a little bit for Versailles to land in the MAC.
Old 01-26-19, 08:32 PM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This will lead into a SWBL change as well. I see a few new conferences forming (changing) because of this. I see one conference like this

North
Arcanum
Tri Village
Ansonia
Bradford
MV
West Milton
Northridge

South
Preble Shawnee
Twin Valley South
Tri County North
National Trail
Dixie
Brookville
Eaton

Franklin Monroe (No Football)

Then I could see Covington and FL going to the MAC and maybe ME going to with Parkway getting dropped.ME and Bethel going to OHC or CBC if ME doesn't get into MAC. With the "new" CCC it would allow 2 out of conference games and 2 interdivision games so for the teams that are bigger BV Eaton WM they could schedule enough points outside of the conference to get them in the playoffs.
Old 01-26-19, 08:36 PM
All World

Quote:
I have been hearing for a few years Bethel and Miami East are creating competitive balance problems in the CCC. Those are both growing communities and the remainder of the Darkeand Preble schools are culturally different. I would think Newton and Bradford would be welcomed by those schools pulling away.

Within ten years Bethel is projected to have the same enrollment as East, and East is projected to grow by up to 25 percent over that time.
my understanding is that Miami East was getting lots of kids from Troy up until this year when they stopped open enrollment.
Old 01-26-19, 08:42 PM
All World

Quote:
You'd have to think Sidney Lehman would be all over joining up with Loramie, Miami East, Covington and Bethel. You're up to five now. My guess is finding 2-3 more compatible schools won't be easy, but also maybe won't be hard. LCC is obviously there lurking as an option. If it took them to get to eight members does anyone say no?

It's a weird spot to be in for these four schools - you drop the dead weight but you lose schedule filler.
Maybe Troy Christian, Milton Union, Northridge, that would give them 8...…... NEW CCC league.....
Old 01-26-19, 08:48 PM
All World

Quote:
Here's a senario for you...
Miami East joins the SWBL Covington joins the MAC with Ft Loramie. Bethel joins the CBC.

as long as NO teams want to leave the MAC, and haven't heard that there are any( even people sitting at a bar, talking after they had a few beers in them), I think the MAC will stay where they are at.
Old 01-26-19, 09:54 PM
Varsity

joe51391 is on a distinguished road
I just feel there is going to be so much movement in the Dayton region for the SWBL not to be effected. When they expanded last time I thought it watered down the conference. Eaton Brookville WM and VV had really good football programs and were constantly in the playoffs then when they expanded it all came to a halt for the most part. I really see PS and Dixie joining the new CCC and maybe even BV WM and Eaton. Eaton and BV might be a stretch because of size but it might work with the 2 out of conference games. I see Bellbrook VV Oakwood Franklin and Carlisle type schools going to a bigger conference with the other schools being left out to dry.
Old 01-27-19, 09:04 AM
All Ohio

bcw is on a distinguished road
I donít think there are as many options here as some are saying.....
I canít see the MAC taking on anyone
I donít see the OHC or CBC taking on anyone. The OHC just expanded (east) and I donít see them jumping right back into that game. Same for the CBC plus none of the schools are big enough. (Miami East has left the CBC once and seem to be better for it).

Troy Christian and Sidney Lehman are the no brainers. Would Riverside like to join a tougher league but theoretically one with more stability? The NWCC is really bad and the schools sometimes struggle to field football teams. I think it would be a good move.......Someone said Dayton Christian. Whatís their situation? That would make 8
Old 01-27-19, 11:09 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

You're wrong. Covington was in the SRC.

Old 01-27-19, 11:15 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I just feel there is going to be so much movement in the Dayton region for the SWBL not to be effected. When they expanded last time I thought it watered down the conference. Eaton Brookville WM and VV had really good football programs and were constantly in the playoffs then when they expanded it all came to a halt for the most part. I really see PS and Dixie joining the new CCC and maybe even BV WM and Eaton. Eaton and BV might be a stretch because of size but it might work with the 2 out of conference games. I see Bellbrook VV Oakwood Franklin and Carlisle type schools going to a bigger conference with the other schools being left out to dry.

Milton is bigger than Brookville by a few students. The largest school in the buckeye is Northridge. The SWBL will not change at all. Maybe a northern league will change but not the SWBL. Brookville will never leave the SWBL. Dixie might and that would be a good time to add Miami East. But I don't think East and Covington split. Bethel is growing and could be D5 soon. FL is an anomaly. Where do they fit in? They have great sports there and fit the MAC very well. Parkway leaving won't open a spot for them?

Old 01-27-19, 11:17 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Jay Fan View Post
Wait, what???

St John's hasn't been a consideration in Football in a while. They used to be. In any other league they would dominate in my opinion.

Old 01-27-19, 11:24 AM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Milton is bigger than Brookville by a few students. The largest school in the buckeye is Northridge. The SWBL will not change at all. Maybe a northern league will change but not the SWBL. Brookville will never leave the SWBL. Dixie might and that would be a good time to add Miami East. But I don't think East and Covington split. Bethel is growing and could be D5 soon. FL is an anomaly. Where do they fit in? They have great sports there and fit the MAC very well. Parkway leaving won't open a spot for them?

Yes it would but even then we could also choose to remain at 9 and play 2 non conference games and not have to drop anybody from the league schedule. I would love to see Fort Loramie join the league but if we added another football only member, I can see more MAC people throwing a fit like they already do for Anna. Is it time for Parkway to go? Well that's up for them to decide.