Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-09-19, 02:43 PM
Freshman

DudeBro is on a distinguished road
SWBL coaching changes

Accidentally hit button, ignore me
Old 02-09-19, 03:30 PM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
Just curious, how does a movement of the Bethel coach to Tipp get on the SWBL coaching thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He was also rumored to have applied for Carlisle
Old 02-10-19, 07:49 AM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Quote:
Originally Posted by dograt View Post
He was also rumored to have applied for Carlisle

Gotcha.

Old 02-11-19, 07:11 AM
Freshman

JackAttack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dograt View Post
I'm betting they made a smart hire.
Clever
Old 02-12-19, 07:30 AM
Varsity

srv2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
Smith is doing the best he can with kids from broken homes and parents that donít care.

Sorry BlessEm, you are dead wrong on this. Talk "off the record" with any assistant coach (from NR) or opposing league coach and they will tell you the same thing. While Smith is a good guy, he has done a lousy job with the talent he has had over the years. Absolutely no discipline of the players and that is his Achilles heel. Stud doesn't want to run sprints, he don't run them. Other kids see that and they bail. No repercussions for missing practice, hmmm...Johnny does it so I will too and on and on.

Now, contrast that to basketball with the basketball coach Lisath. He is stern and has rules. The first year he was at NR, the difference was unbelievable. The prior year they were fighting (players vs fans) in the stands, technical fouls out the wazzoo etc. He gets there and that stopped. So don't use the excuse of "low expectations" due to poor homelife.

If you still think Smith is not the reason, look no further than a few years ago. They had a kid that was a legit D1 TE or receiver. Kid was also a monster basketball player so he may have went somewhere (I lost track). Smith almost NEVER utilized him in the games. There were times this cat could have single handedly carried the Bears and Smith didn't get him the ball. And there are so many instances of this kind of coaching that it can't be overlooked and dismissed as "the kids".

I respect your insight and opinion on SWBL football, but frankly coaching like this needs to be called out for what it is, and it is not good.
Old 02-12-19, 09:27 AM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
I appreciate your insight. You're very right on many points.
You do have to look at the expectations of not only the players and fans but the admin.
No doubt he could have done better but then he has numbers problems.
I'm just saying that the kid at Northridge has a little higher Hill to climb than a kid from Valley View or Waynesville.
Who wants that job at Northridge? Fantastic facilities but the kid he gets is also dealing with issues at home.
My daughter teaches at Mt Healthy and the kids there are much like the Northridge kids. Tons of home issues that impede on the coaches and teachers. 3rd graders shooting 4th graders at home. Unfortunate situation. Terrible parents.
They need a disciplinarian that the kids WANT to please. That I do agree with you.
Thanks for your input.