Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-02-19, 05:43 PM
All American

alk4474 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWPicker View Post
Davis is what the kids, coaches, and community wanted for the job. I think there is an abundancy of trust for him because he was part of the staff last year, he's always lived in Madison, and a lot of people know him very well. In my opinion, that's better than hiring someone that has no relationship with the community just because he has a little coaching experience and he's 10 years older than Davis.

In the words of the late great Aaliyah: "Age Aint Nothin' but a Number"
Itís a problem when 17 and 18 year old students that are hitting on him
Old 02-02-19, 06:28 PM
Junior Varsity

SWPicker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by alk4474 View Post
Itís a problem when 17 and 18 year old students that are hitting on him
You do know football is a male sport right? Donít think they have another Channell on their hands. Kind of a bogus statement about a guy that has had the job for 3 days and all you know about him is his age. They could have hired your beloved VV coach since he applied for the Madison job ya know..
Old 02-02-19, 06:29 PM
Junior Varsity

SWPicker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by alk4474 View Post
School board shouldnít allow this he is to young. Can risk a coach sleeping with a student. Iím not say that he would but but 25 is to young
I think if the school thought that he was in it for sleeping with the cheerleaders they wouldnít have hired him..
Old 02-03-19, 08:59 AM
Varsity

dogsdogsdogs is on a distinguished road
Madison will be fine. Poff is staying on, just did not want to put in all the hours a head coach has to in order to be successful. It does raise some eyebrows that the new head coach has little to no coaching experience.
Old 02-03-19, 09:10 AM
Freshman

PoochKick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog Day View Post
Not even close. Job has been offered and accepted and his name is not Davis. Assume waiting to iron out some things. Don't ask who but should be known soon.
Must not be clodfelter as heís in the running for Tipp. Does he have prior HC experience?
Old 02-03-19, 10:50 AM
All District

Groundhog Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoochKick View Post
Must not be clodfelter as heís in the running for Tipp. Does he have prior HC experience?
Correct, not Clodfelter. None of the other finalist as HC experience.
Old 02-03-19, 11:19 AM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickeringtonsports View Post
Yes, I graduated from Northridge back in the late 80s. I have lived in Pickerington for 17 years. I am not involved with Northridge at all but really think they should put more emphasis on competing rather than just fielding teams. I also think there are enough athletes to be competitive but the coaches are clueless.
Pick you're exactly on point 4 or 5 years ago Northridge's basketball team(full of athletes) went to the regional championship for the first time since 1945 most of the players on that team played football, at least two I know of had full rides to play football and that team didn't sniff the playoffs nor did they come close to winning their division. The SWBL is not hard league to win and the coach has been there at least 20 years and maybe has had 1 winning season. He definitely has had and continues to have the best job in America because there's no expectation to produce.
Old 02-03-19, 11:30 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by dograt View Post
Picksports
I think coach Smith is doing a great job. Parenting is your issue. I've been to Northridge games and watched parents walk out on the field with their kid for senior night/parents night, give him a hug, then keep walking right out of the stadium. Coach drives some kids to practice. he buys some kids shoes. He deals with issues none of the other league coaches have to contend with. Last years team was competitive.
Be careful what you wish for
Dograt almost every coach in America does that and a lot of them have winning records. I can name you 10 ten coaches in the Dayton area alone that do that. He's had 20 years and no success, there are no excuses for not winning year after year at a school that has or had open enrollment,nice facilities,athletes,great stadium(right off 75 in fact you pass it riding on the highway), and great location, it's in Dayton.
Old 02-03-19, 11:43 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButlerParent View Post
You have no idea what you are talking about. You have been gone a long time. The problems in Northridge have nothing to do with coaching. We play them in 7 on 7 all the time and they are coached well. They dont have much talent and their line is terrible. Still went 5-5 this year and most losses were close so not sure what you are complaining about.
BP I understand your point but that's been the best that he can do. He's went 5-5 before more than once but he's not consistently going 5-5 between those 5-5 years he's had 1,2,3 sometimes 4 win seasons more than his 5-5 seasons. The problem is not lack of line play every year, he's in the been in the building all of those years he can't develop a line? In the SWBL most of the demographics are the same for every school. There is no difference between Northridge kids and the other kids in the conference, I would even say Northridge has the most talent year after year. The problem is he's a tenured teacher at the school so they don't care about about his football record.
Old 02-03-19, 08:00 PM
Varsity

formercardinal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Correct, not Clodfelter. None of the other finalist as HC experience.
Not true, one of the finalist has at least 10 years of head coaching experience and had success at a D V school.
Old 02-04-19, 09:09 PM
Junior Varsity

Ball47 is on a distinguished road
Carlisle had their interviews forever ago...who did they hire??
Old 02-05-19, 05:47 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezzo! View Post
BP I understand your point but that's been the best that he can do. He's went 5-5 before more than once but he's not consistently going 5-5 between those 5-5 years he's had 1,2,3 sometimes 4 win seasons more than his 5-5 seasons. The problem is not lack of line play every year, he's in the been in the building all of those years he can't develop a line? In the SWBL most of the demographics are the same for every school. There is no difference between Northridge kids and the other kids in the conference, I would even say Northridge has the most talent year after year. The problem is he's a tenured teacher at the school so they don't care about about his football record.

Wrong! On so many points. The kids in West Milton and the kids in Bellbrook arenít the same. The kids In Dixie arenít the same as the kids in Oakwood. Northridge has talent in some sports but the contact sports they arenít talented as a rule. Football, they sucked back in the 70s when I was in school.
Smith is doing the best he can with kids from broken homes and parents that donít care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-05-19, 06:03 PM
Junior Varsity

latti6935a is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
Smith is doing the best he can with kids from broken homes and parents that donít care.

Bingo! Glad to see that somebody gets it.
Old 02-06-19, 09:06 AM
All District

fangwoc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball47 View Post
Carlisle had their interviews forever ago...who did they hire??
It is hired. Public announcement should come soon

Last edited by fangwoc; 02-06-19 at 02:29 PM.
Old 02-06-19, 06:30 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangwoc View Post
It is hired. Public announcement should come soon
Who is hired? Or are they waiting on Clodfelter until he is finished interviewing elsewhere.
Old 02-07-19, 09:34 AM
All American

Sooooo, tell me why between the years 2009-2010 the basketball team went 30-13 and the football team in those same years went 5-20 with the same kids that came from broken homes which is not completely true. Also in 2015 why did the basketball team make it to the regional final in basketball with every person in the village of Northridge was there to support the same kids with broken homes and with parents that don't care, but some how three of those kids on that team received full rides to college to play.....FOOTBALL!
Stop the pity party, every high school in America has kids on teams that come from broken homes and parents that don't care even private schools.
Old 02-07-19, 09:39 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
Wrong! On so many points. The kids in West Milton and the kids in Bellbrook arenít the same. The kids In Dixie arenít the same as the kids in Oakwood. Northridge has talent in some sports but the contact sports they arenít talented as a rule. Football, they sucked back in the 70s when I was in school.

Hey MU you're right! 2 out of 14 schools is equality.
Old 02-07-19, 11:53 AM
All District

Quote:
Who is hired? Or are they waiting on Clodfelter until he is finished interviewing elsewhere.
Clodfelter pulled out. Probably making sure everything is good with the BOE before their next meeting. I assume they will make the announcement soon (with the caveat "pending Board approval").
Old 02-07-19, 12:01 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Clodfelter pulled out. Probably making sure everything is good with the BOE before their next meeting. I assume they will make the announcement soon (with the caveat "pending Board approval").
Without mentioning a name, Any hints of who it is?
Old 02-07-19, 12:36 PM
All District

Quote:
Without mentioning a name, Any hints of who it is?
He's still on The Masked Singer. An assistant who is familiar with the SWBL. I'm not good at clue dropping so I'm stopping there.
Old 02-07-19, 01:24 PM
All District

fangwoc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
initials RR?
No
Old 02-07-19, 01:41 PM
Varsity

Something is wrong if RR applied and they didn't hire him...................
Old 02-07-19, 02:00 PM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
I'm betting they made a smart hire.
Old 02-07-19, 02:01 PM
Varsity

So Clodfelter got to name the new coach!
Old 02-07-19, 02:40 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by formercardinal View Post
So Clodfelter got to name the new coach!
What?
Old 02-07-19, 03:27 PM
Varsity

If dograt is right then Clodfelter has a say. No way without those connections they hire him over RR
Old 02-09-19, 10:42 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Poff said he would stay as an assistant if the new coach wanted him. This hire might be a way to keep Poff around. young coach, but with experience on the staff.
Iíd like to see Poff hang around. Good guy with great knowledge and would be an asset to a young coach. Important to surround yourself with a good staff and with Poff you know that there is no hidden agenda.
Old 02-09-19, 10:43 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by formercardinal View Post
If dograt is right then Clodfelter has a say. No way without those connections they hire him over RR
All signs point to Clodfelter coming here to Tipp.
Old 02-09-19, 12:08 PM
All World

munoz45
Is it Coach Ripl from Madison going to Carlisle?
Old 02-09-19, 02:11 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Just curious, how does a movement of the Bethel coach to Tipp get on the SWBL coaching thread?