Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-05-19, 09:40 PM
All District

Toms0655 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliance1 View Post
What’s insane about the EBC last year is how does Marlington get 6 first team players all EBC and Alliance only gets 5?? I stated on here I thought Himmelheber should have beennplayer of the year, but I think it’s wrong the league champions had less players 1st team.
I was surprised by this too...one of the dukes 2way lineman only played 5 games but was first team last year so I feel as he was kind of an add on which means it was 5 each but I see your point ..who was Alliance’s biggest 1st team snub?
Old 01-05-19, 09:54 PM
Freshman

Father of Faircrest3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainA View Post
I think Gulling will be in for a rough night come week 10. Alliance physically embarrassed the dukes last year. Quite simply a much more physical team and they return quite a few of the big boys up front. You only listed skill players and the aviators always have plenty of speed but have recently looked much better in the trenches. Whiting does a great job developing his linemen

I honestly think the development of the Aviators line may have stemmed from the hiring of Ben Bolog. He used to be a Marlington guy if I’m not mistaken. Surprising season from a line that was expected to struggle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-06-19, 12:00 AM
All District

Alliance1 is on a distinguished road
Either Demarko Brooks or Brandon Mazzei deserved to be on the first team. Brooks was a shutdown corner and a WR/TB for the Aviators, he had like a 90 yard TD against the Dukes, Mazzei was a 3 year starter at LT. Both guys were Team Captains.

Regardless it is what is and Aviators got the grand prize and defeated the heavily favored Dukes who all year we’re touted as the “team to beat.” Yet people forget Alliance has won 13 consecutive league games. This disrespect fueled Alliance, much as this stupid “powerhouse thread”
Old 01-06-19, 12:14 PM
All District

Starkflavor is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Either Demarko Brooks or Brandon Mazzei deserved to be on the first team. Brooks was a shutdown corner and a WR/TB for the Aviators, he had like a 90 yard TD against the Dukes, Mazzei was a 3 year starter at LT. Both guys were Team Captains.

Regardless it is what is and Aviators got the grand prize and defeated the heavily favored Dukes who all year we’re touted as the “team to beat.” Yet people forget Alliance has won 13 consecutive league games. This disrespect fueled Alliance, much as this stupid “powerhouse thread”
I for one would've loved to see a healthy dukes team against Alliance. No way does Alliance run straight up the middle had Garrett young played. But football is a game of injuries. Noone ran on the dukes prior to that injury. Losing a 270 pound nose guard is devastating. I agree w Mazzei being all league.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 01-06-19, 12:35 PM
Freshman

Father of Faircrest3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkflavor View Post
I for one would've loved to see a healthy dukes team against Alliance. No way does Alliance run straight up the middle had Garrett young played. But football is a game of injuries. Noone ran on the dukes prior to that injury. Losing a 270 pound nose guard is devastating. I agree w Mazzei being all league.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think Mazzei actually started 4 years. Definitely deserving of the honor. But it would’ve been an interesting matchup. Aviators had Leonard, an all conference center, and Oldfield, and all conference d-lineman playing guard.

Old 01-07-19, 12:06 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father of Faircrest3 View Post
I honestly think the development of the Aviators line may have stemmed from the hiring of Ben Bolog. He used to be a Marlington guy if I’m not mistaken. Surprising season from a line that was expected to struggle.

I agree, the OLine is what made the difference this year with Bolog and the Unckrich gang
Old 01-07-19, 04:53 PM
Varsity

CaptainA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I agree, the OLine is what made the difference this year with Bolog and the Unckrich gang
Sounds like those two did an amazing job. Alliance looked very physical running between the tackles this year.
Old 01-11-19, 06:39 AM
All Ohio

Capo Cannoli is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms0655 View Post
He’s a baseball kid...I see college baseball in his future not football
What’s wrong with baseball kids lol!?! Baseball kids know how to compete and be mentally tough. Don’t see those kids get to rattled too often.
CJ is a good all around (athletic) kid
Old 01-15-19, 10:29 AM
All District

Did the Dukes retain most of the coaching staff? Anyone new? Anyone leave?
Old 01-15-19, 11:14 AM
All District

Toms0655 is on a distinguished road
Only coach I heard left was the offensive line coach who went with balderson to glen oak
Old 01-30-19, 11:18 PM
Varsity

Who else is excited to watch the dukes play ball !!!
Old 01-31-19, 09:34 AM
All Region

mrroosevelt is on a distinguished road
Me too Cap.......but be patient. It's still wrestling season for now!!
Old 01-31-19, 11:24 AM
All Region

tb81 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Marlboro Man View Post
Due to popular demand, I have started this thread because here in Marlboro, Lexington, and Washington townships we are true nobleman. We are here to talk about the 2019 Marlington Dukes football team. This program is the most consistent program in stark county and we have not sustained a losing season in over decade.

Griener, Sabatino, Bray, Carr are just a few solid returning nobleman to the team. I expect this group of Nobleman to conquer the EBC. It’s too bad the little Leopards aren’t in this league anymore

I thought Marlington was the ringleader of kicking Louisville out of the NBC? NBC could of been saved if Marlington would of agreed to a two division NBC that would of put Louisville, Marlington, Alliance, Dover and Phila in the big school division but Marlington wanted no part of it?
Old 01-31-19, 01:41 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb81 View Post
I thought Marlington was the ringleader of kicking Louisville out of the NBC? NBC could of been saved if Marlington would of agreed to a two division NBC that would of put Louisville, Marlington, Alliance, Dover and Phila in the big school division but Marlington wanted no part of it?
I know for a fact that the NP and Dover talk is all a bunch of malarkey and about as believable as a politician. I personally am a HS football fan in general and would love to see those matchups and would be really excited to watch all those teams play some ball!!!
Old 01-31-19, 06:18 PM
All Ohio

Ville-ified is on a distinguished road
Are you sure there’s nothing to the story about Marlington and Alliance not wanting to be in the big tier with Louisville, Dover, and NP? The reason I think it might be true is because the first person I heard talk about it was Mike Brown from the Alliance Review. He used to do a weekly YouTube show called In the Huddle, and he mentioned it on that show. So it’s not like it was an outsider talking about Alliance and Marlington, it was a guy that seems like a big Marlington homer and writes for the Alliance paper.
Old 01-31-19, 08:08 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ville-ified View Post
Are you sure there’s nothing to the story about Marlington and Alliance not wanting to be in the big tier with Louisville, Dover, and NP? The reason I think it might be true is because the first person I heard talk about it was Mike Brown from the Alliance Review. He used to do a weekly YouTube show called In the Huddle, and he mentioned it on that show. So it’s not like it was an outsider talking about Alliance and Marlington, it was a guy that seems like a big Marlington homer and writes for the Alliance paper.
In the words of the great Donald J Trump "Fake News".
Old 01-31-19, 09:52 PM
Varsity

I don't believe the Dukes or the Aviators would back down from anyone. Look at the Aviators non conference schedule this year Hubbard,Canfield, Indian Creek, and Poland. All 4 were playoff caliber teams 3 out of 4 of them are as good or better than Louisville, NP, and Dover. So tell me who are the Dukes and Aviators dodging? I know for a fact that the Dover and NP talk is nothimg more than a bizzare fantasy of some people in Nimishillen township.
Old 02-04-19, 09:16 AM
All Region

NBC 1988 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=CaptainA;7244406]I don't believe the Dukes or the Aviators would back down from anyone. Look at the Aviators non conference schedule this year Hubbard,Canfield, Indian Creek, and Poland. All 4 were playoff caliber teams 3 out of 4 of them are as good or better than Louisville, NP, and Dover. So tell me who are the Dukes and Aviators dodging? I know for a fact that the Dover and NP talk is nothimg more than a bizzare fantasy of some people in Nimishillen township.[/QUOTE

If Alliance and Marlington did vote against a 2 tier conference it probably was not a football decision. There are many more student athletes other than football that the administration has to think about. As much as I respect both football programs I really think the EBC is the right conference for both in every other sport. Just look at the boys and girls basketballs standing.. And the wrestling standings. Hopefully the "other" teams will close the gap in football.. So they may not be dodging anyone in football but they certainly feel they are in the best competitive situation in almost every other sport.
Old 02-04-19, 09:45 AM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
Still waiting for a real explanation for what transpired. Hmm former Minerva AD explained it exactly as what is being talked about right in front of me couple years ago. The idea of bringing some teams in and going two tier was explored. While Marlington and Alliance were not the ones to suggest leaving, they certainly were no votes to invite a dover and np and going tiers. I understand that - was their prerogative to vote for what was best for their school.

Minerva was wavering - not sure how the answer was "lets just reform a league and leave one school out" but that is what happened making the schools left in the league look weak to many in the county - the same way many outside the county deem the Fed kinda weak for not adding the obvious team in Massillon. And a picture can be painted of how the schedule has been upgraded and I laugh. The dukes posted an 8-2 record this year and were the 8 seed by .19 points.
Old 02-04-19, 03:09 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
Still waiting for a real explanation for what transpired. Hmm former Minerva AD explained it exactly as what is being talked about right in front of me couple years ago. The idea of bringing some teams in and going two tier was explored. While Marlington and Alliance were not the ones to suggest leaving, they certainly were no votes to invite a dover and np and going tiers. I understand that - was their prerogative to vote for what was best for their school.

Minerva was wavering - not sure how the answer was "lets just reform a league and leave one school out" but that is what happened making the schools left in the league look weak to many in the county - the same way many outside the county deem the Fed kinda weak for not adding the obvious team in Massillon. And a picture can be painted of how the schedule has been upgraded and I laugh. The dukes posted an 8-2 record this year and were the 8 seed by .19 points.
I heard the same story but never from an AD. So your source has a lot more credibility than mine. Alliance does play a tough NC schedule but Marlington?? I really think Alliance will be the team everyone is chasing in the upcoming years.. but I heard Marlington added New Philadelphia and Miami Trace to the 2019 NC schedule?
Old 02-05-19, 02:06 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ville-ified View Post
The whole two tier fantasy league putting Dover an NP in the NBC would have never worked out. Tier leagues never work. Look at the AAC out in valley... All of this was proposed by West Branch/Salem Company just so they could dominate the “smaller tier” because they were tired of playing Louisville. People forget Dover was in the NBC and left quickly because of travel. It’s a shame the NBC did what it did to Louisville because after the so called decision to leave Louisville Has done nothing but downgraded the League.

To add your comment about Mike Brown and the Huddle show. There is a reason he was not retained by the Alliance review
Old 02-05-19, 09:16 AM
Freshman

HawgDarts is on a distinguished road
Within the coming years it’ll be no surprise if the EBC is dissolved and a league forms with Louisville, Marlington, Alliance, and a few “obscure” federal league teams. I’m sure this would attract teams like New Philly and Dover.

Old 02-05-19, 10:47 AM
All Ohio

Ville-ified is on a distinguished road
The EBC might fall apart but I don’t think any of the current Fed teams are leaving. Not even Lake or Green. Why would any of them want to leave a very stable league with minimal travel to join something new with longer travel times?
Old 02-05-19, 11:07 AM
All Region

I don't think the EBC will fall apart. There is a lot of parity in every sport but football right now. The girls basketball, for example, has some really good teams and a tight race. All of the other winter sports are tight too. The bottom line is that best fit for Louisville was the NBC. Yes they may have had a few more kids and yes they did win a lot of championships in multiple sports. but the best place for Louisville was the NBC. The league took a huge hit in just about every sport by losing them (from a competitive standpoint). it wasn't a perfect fit for Louisville or some of the other schools, but it was better than being independent for Louisville, especially in the other sports.
Old 02-11-19, 04:09 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBC 1988 View Post
I don't think the EBC will fall apart. There is a lot of parity in every sport but football right now. The girls basketball, for example, has some really good teams and a tight race. All of the other winter sports are tight too. The bottom line is that best fit for Louisville was the NBC. Yes they may have had a few more kids and yes they did win a lot of championships in multiple sports. but the best place for Louisville was the NBC. The league took a huge hit in just about every sport by losing them (from a competitive standpoint). it wasn't a perfect fit for Louisville or some of the other schools, but it was better than being independent for Louisville, especially in the other sports.
EBC is held together about as tight as a runny turd. Only a matter of time until the league members all go their separate ways. No matter I'll still be ready to watch the boys play some ball!!!!
Old 02-12-19, 01:24 PM
All District

Roobear33 is on a distinguished road
Anyone hear a rumor of Minerva/Carrollton/Canton South entertaining talks of joining forces with Sandy Valley among others in forming a NEW league? I've heard this from a few different people, at least one being a formidable source!!! Just curious....
Old 02-12-19, 02:15 PM
All Region

I have not heard but it wouldn't surprise me that they are at least talking. That would be a good fit for Sandy Valley. The question is what other teams would join the 4? WB?? Salem? United?
Old 02-12-19, 06:04 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobear33 View Post
Anyone hear a rumor of Minerva/Carrollton/Canton South entertaining talks of joining forces with Sandy Valley among others in forming a NEW league? I've heard this from a few different people, at least one being a formidable source!!! Just curious....
Formidable? Don't wanna mess with your source maybe you shouldn't be saying anything?
Old 02-12-19, 08:44 PM
All District

Roobear33 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainA View Post
Formidable? Don't wanna mess with your source maybe you shouldn't be saying anything?
HAHA, i aint sceered... How's this: RELIABLE!!!
Old 02-12-19, 09:05 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobear33 View Post
HAHA, i aint sceered... How's this: RELIABLE!!!
I was just kidding what you said would make sense.