Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-13-18, 08:29 AM
All District

Alliance1 is on a distinguished road
EBC 2019 Round 2

The EBC will have a few new faces on the sidelines with Balderson, Dota, and Willison all leaving. What are your thoughts on those jobs? Whoís the right man for the hire?
The first year of the EBC caught people by surprised as My Alliance Aviators took the first crown over the supposedly heavily favored Marlington Dukes. Alliance was a sneaky team all year that got better and better as the year went. They took their lumps early, but in the end it payed off winning the title. The 2019 addition will have higher expectations. Alliance returns a good amount of players starting with QB Brandon Alexander.

What are your thoughts

P.S letís try and not turn this into a Minerva Sobbing session that frequently highjacks each EBC thread. We can talk about the Lions all you want but no complaining
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-18, 10:24 AM
All World

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Alliance is the favorite
Old 12-13-18, 10:48 AM
All Ohio

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
Alliance is the favorite
Well in taking the Dukes. They have several returning starters back including CJ Greiner, Andrew Carr Riley Bray and several others. Wish it was Augest lol. I'm ready. Put me in coach lol
Old 12-13-18, 11:49 AM
All Region

NBC 1988 is on a distinguished road
The league was actually pretty young most of the teams should be better in 2019 and the league as whole should be better.

Alliance should be the heavy favorite. They have the most coming back and most stable situation. Whiting did a great job this season and a couple more good seasons - don't be surprised if he gets plucked by a Federal League team. I was not a Whiting fan but he certainly turned me this year!

Marlington has a lot coming back. I don't think losing Balderson will be devastating, he did a great job building the program so the transition to a new coach should be seamless.

Salem loses kids but Johnson, love him or hate him, seems to be decent every year.

WB is hard to gauge with their coaching situation. They claim to have a super sophomore class but the jury is still out.

South may struggle but they seem to have some good athletes in the younger classes.

Carrollton always plays great defense. Can they get an offense in 2019??

We have our own thread for sobbing Alliance1 so this one is all about football!! There is no reason why Minerva can't be competitive in 2019. They gained valuable experience and will have size and speed returning.

I think it will be a 2 team race with Alliance and Marlington but I think Alliance will be favored. I also think it will be more balanced league from top to bottom..
Old 12-13-18, 12:01 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Wildcat View Post
Well in taking the Dukes. They have several returning starters back including CJ Greiner, Andrew Carr Riley Bray and several others. Wish it was Augest lol. I'm ready. Put me in coach lol
From a Lions perspective returning are linemen Jarrod Burress (270), Logan Williams (235), Derrick Hurst (285) and backs Garrison Markins, Jimmy Common and Chance Martineau - this is not the typical Minerva rhetoric - all 6 are sophomores and are good football players.

Also have Juniors Place and Sparks return - both can be play makers. plenty of others have experience too.

No whining and no excuses in 2019.
Old 12-13-18, 02:00 PM
All World

bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Got to ask one question, anyone know why Salem and EP quit playing? EP has Girard in 2020.
Old 12-13-18, 02:15 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog1974 View Post
Got to ask one question, anyone know why Salem and EP quit playing? EP has Girard in 2020.
Wow, that seemed like a natural rivalry.
Old 12-13-18, 02:53 PM
All World

bulldog1974 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBC 1988 View Post
Wow, that seemed like a natural rivalry.
It is, great gate, old school rivalry. Close competitive games, both schools won, neither team was dominate. D4 vs D5, no shame there.
Old 12-13-18, 06:31 PM
All District

Alliance1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The league was actually pretty young most of the teams should be better in 2019 and the league as whole should be better.

Alliance should be the heavy favorite. They have the most coming back and most stable situation. Whiting did a great job this season and a couple more good seasons - don't be surprised if he gets plucked by a Federal League team. I was not a Whiting fan but he certainly turned me this year!

Marlington has a lot coming back. I don't think losing Balderson will be devastating, he did a great job building the program so the transition to a new coach should be seamless.

Salem loses kids but Johnson, love him or hate him, seems to be decent every year.

WB is hard to gauge with their coaching situation. They claim to have a super sophomore class but the jury is still out.

South may struggle but they seem to have some good athletes in the younger classes.

Carrollton always plays great defense. Can they get an offense in 2019??

We have our own thread for sobbing Alliance1 so this one is all about football!! There is no reason why Minerva can't be competitive in 2019. They gained valuable experience and will have size and speed returning.

I think it will be a 2 team race with Alliance and Marlington but I think Alliance will be favored. I also think it will be more balanced league from top to bottom..
I agree NBC! Letís talk some football. I think whoever steps in as the head coach will find that Minervaís upcoming Junior class has some talent. That Markins kid needs to hit the weight room. Kid can flat out fly. Weight Room and culture changes programs. Look no further than my Aviators!
Old 12-14-18, 10:23 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliance1 View Post
I agree NBC! Letís talk some football. I think whoever steps in as the head coach will find that Minervaís upcoming Junior class has some talent. That Markins kid needs to hit the weight room. Kid can flat out fly. Weight Room and culture changes programs. Look no further than my Aviators!
Well Alliance's upcoming Junior class is probably the best in the conference. Alexander is really going to make some noise as a QB over the next 2 years. He seems to fly under the radar but he is a good one..
Old 12-14-18, 10:30 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliance1 View Post
You are so right Alliance1. Games are won in the off season. Alliance sure did have some strong and physical kids!

I don't know if Markins can gain more weight. He is a small kid but fast and tough as nails. Hopefully had can reach 150 - 155.

Burress has been tearing it up as a soph 285 wrestler and Williams as a soph 220. I saw the home basketball game against Dover and Common has to be over 200 lbs. that's a pretty big back for a sophomore and he can move pretty good. I heard those 3 kids live in the weight room even during their winter sports. Hopefully the more of the team will follow suit and hit the weights hard.
Old 12-17-18, 03:45 PM
All District

MINFAN is on a distinguished road
Alliance will be the King of the EBC mountain until someone can dethrone them. I donít see it happening anytime soon, at least on a consistent basis. There may be years of when other teams challenge them, but they will be the team everyone is chasing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-18, 03:43 PM
Cooling Off

The Marlboro Man is on a distinguished road
The Dukes will be the team to beat. CJ Griener is the best athlete in the conference.
Old 12-19-18, 06:10 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Marlboro Man View Post
The Dukes will be the team to beat. CJ Griener is the best athlete in the conference.

He is a good one- best quarterback I saw last year. I liked the physicality Alliance had. It will probably come down to week 10 again. Seemed like alliance handled marlington this season so I would say Alliance has the edge. Marlington doesnít have much of a sophomore class do they?? Are they going to to be able to replace the seniors?? Do get all crazy and respond be saying we will own you Marlboro man!! I am just asking the questionó stay calm!!

Old 12-19-18, 06:52 PM
Cooling Off

Can’t wait to watch the boys play this fall. The Dukes will have a healthy Sabatino back along with Griener. Plus some homegrown corn feed big boys upfront that should establish the power run game. The Aviators has their nice little run the past two years but the boys will be back and we have them at home next season!
Old 12-19-18, 07:18 PM
All Ohio

As far as Marlington goes I just pray they can stay healthy. I mentioned in a previous post in 50 years I never seen a team so riddled with injuries. From game 1 throughout the season I think we lost 4 or 5 starters. Lost 4 or 5 replacements to injuries. The playoff game against Canfield we lost 5 players that started that game. So if they can stay healthy they might be in the hunt with Alliance.
School board meeting tomorrow night so I'm guessing we'll have a new coach announcement.
Old 12-19-18, 09:03 PM
All District

EBC 2019 Round 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Wildcat View Post
As far as Marlington goes I just pray they can stay healthy. I mentioned in a previous post in 50 years I never seen a team so riddled with injuries. From game 1 throughout the season I think we lost 4 or 5 starters. Lost 4 or 5 replacements to injuries. The playoff game against Canfield we lost 5 players that started that game. So if they can stay healthy they might be in the hunt with Alliance.
School board meeting tomorrow night so I'm guessing we'll have a new coach announcement.

The qb is the best in the area- stay healthy and the Dukes will score in bunches next year. I know this yearís Junior class is good but how is the sophomore class?? I know they struggled in 7,8 and 9th grade. So they have enough to replace the graduating seniors?

Last edited by MINFAN; 12-19-18 at 10:43 PM.
Old 12-19-18, 11:09 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINFAN View Post
The qb is the best in the area- stay healthy and the Dukes will score in bunches next year. I know this yearís Junior class is good but how is the sophomore class?? I know they struggled in 7,8 and 9th grade. So they have enough to replace the graduating seniors?

Minifan nobody expects to win at the junior high. Itís all about the boys getting valuable reps and learning the fundamentals. We have great assistant coaches in our youth and junior highs that care about the development of the little Dukes. Iím excited to watch the boys play this fall.
Old 12-19-18, 11:23 PM
All District

Quote:
Minifan nobody expects to win at the junior high. Itís all about the boys getting valuable reps and learning the fundamentals. We have great assistant coaches in our youth and junior highs that care about the development of the little Dukes. Iím excited to watch the boys play this fall.

I agree- itís not about winning at that level it about development and marlington has done an excellent job at that. I asked about your sophomore class. What I have heard from some marlington friends is that class is not that athletic and struggles at every sport. I.

Old 12-19-18, 11:29 PM
Varsity

CaptainA is on a distinguished road
Alliance will be the team to beat for awhile.

No reason for debate here. The flyers should dominate for the foreseeable future. Little Vic has these boys trending just like his father did before him at NW. Surprised none of these other EBC schools didn't grab a flyers assistant yet with all these openings.
Old 12-20-18, 12:06 AM
All District

EBC 2019 Round 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainA View Post
No reason for debate here. The flyers should dominate for the foreseeable future. Little Vic has these boys trending just like his father did before him at NW. Surprised none of these other EBC schools didn't grab a flyers assistant yet with all these openings.

The coaches havenít been selected yet!!

Last edited by MINFAN; 12-20-18 at 06:15 AM.
Old 12-20-18, 08:28 AM
Cooling Off

Whoever inherits this dukes team is getting something serious. I’m excited to watch our boys play this fall.
Old 12-20-18, 10:13 AM
All Region

Quote:
Whoever inherits this dukes team is getting something serious. I’m excited to watch our boys play this fall.
I think it is awesome that you are this excited. That's what high school football is all about.. I would be excited to with next year's senior class. Your QB is special. With that being said, Alliance beat you 29-8 and they will only get better. In my opinion Alliance will be the team to beat. I don't see the Dukes climbing that mountain in 2019 but you never know. But it should be an exciting year for you.. This disrespect you show towards other schools and communities and just dumb tough.

Last edited by NBC 1988; 12-20-18 at 11:23 AM.
Old 12-20-18, 10:13 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainA View Post
That's what I am thinking too.
Old 12-20-18, 11:26 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
I think it is awesome that you are this excited. That's what high school football is all about.. I would be excited to with next year's senior class. Your QB is special. With that being said, Alliance beat you 29-8 and they will only get better. In my opining Alliance will be the team to beat. I don't see the Dukes climbing that mountain in 2019 but you never know. But it should be an exciting year for you.. This disrespect you show towards other school and just dumb tough.
I havenít shown any disrespect. Iíve stated facts. Louisville before they were known as the Leopards were known as the tigers in the 1930ís-1940ís. Everyone in Louisville wants my head because I jokingly call them little Leopards or Blue Jaguars.

Alliance is known as the Aviators and I call them pilots or flyer because thatís what an Aviator is all about

West Branch fires and then backstabs their coach because he canít beat the Dukes? Their superintendent fired him without telling the AD, or Principal. Complete joke.

Minerva has the equivalent culture of a youth t ball league and simply doesnít care that their program is on par with the Sebring Trojans. Once a proud state power, complete shame and I hope in the near future this new coach brings them back. All I stated is we produce NFL talent and Minerva graduates go work for PCC. Is there anything wrong with that no not at all, but your buddy minifan said I called them scumbags which is not at all true. He is the one that stated it.
Old 12-20-18, 11:48 AM
All Region

Quote:
I havenít shown any disrespect. Iíve stated facts. Louisville before they were known as the Leopards were known as the tigers in the 1930ís-1940ís. Everyone in Louisville wants my head because I jokingly call them little Leopards or Blue Jaguars.

Alliance is known as the Aviators and I call them pilots or flyer because thatís what an Aviator is all about

West Branch fires and then backstabs their coach because he canít beat the Dukes? Their superintendent fired him without telling the AD, or Principal. Complete joke.

Minerva has the equivalent culture of a youth t ball league and simply doesnít care that their program is on par with the Sebring Trojans. Once a proud state power, complete shame and I hope in the near future this new coach brings them back. All I stated is we produce NFL talent and Minerva graduates go work for PCC. Is there anything wrong with that no not at all, but your buddy minifan said I called them scumbags which is not at all true. He is the one that stated it.
Who other than Dymonte Thomas is in the NFL from Marlington? You act like Marlington is Bishop Gorman. I know Higgins had some tough luck with injures and Michigan State. I think Hill transferred from Tennessee. Did anyone else make the NFL? Dymonte Thomas is in the NFL because he is an incredible athlete and incredible young man who worked his butt off. Not necessarly because Marlington "produced him".

I think there is hope with our new AD at Minerva. So we are hoping we can get back to being competitive and then some.
Old 12-20-18, 12:13 PM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I haven’t shown any disrespect. I’ve stated facts. Louisville before they were known as the Leopards were known as the tigers in the 1930’s-1940’s. Everyone in Louisville wants my head because I jokingly call them little Leopards or Blue Jaguars.

Louisville was known as the BLUE RAIDERS into the late 40s maybe switched 1950 I am not sure. But keep going you are doing great!

Malboro were the warriors if I am not mistaken
Brewster Railroaders
Navarre Rams
Beach City Pirates

Did Lexington and Washington have mascots? would be interested to know

Last edited by Football 101; 12-20-18 at 12:27 PM.
Old 12-20-18, 12:43 PM
Cooling Off

Marlboro was known as the Dukes. We are true nobleman of society
Old 12-20-18, 08:29 PM
All District

Toms0655 is on a distinguished road
Well it’s official..the dukes get their number one guy..welcome back coach gulling..can’t wait for Friday nights !! Definitely the best fit for the program
Old 12-20-18, 08:43 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms0655 View Post
Well itís official..the dukes get their number one guy..welcome back coach gulling..canít wait for Friday nights !! Definitely the best fit for the program
Awesome, great coach, greater guy.