Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-29-19, 10:21 AM
Varsity

RollingTrain is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1995 View Post
Gecewich is one of those guys who likes to see his name out there.
I disagree with that....going from Jerome to Versailles would be considered a massive downgrade in a lot of circles. Jerome has pretty much the best of everything facilities-wise, money-wise, etc. Would I want that job? No. But I'm also not a Dublin guy. I don't think Bob is either.
Old 01-29-19, 10:57 AM
All Region

Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingTrain View Post
I disagree with that....going from Jerome to Versailles would be considered a massive downgrade in a lot of circles. Jerome has pretty much the best of everything facilities-wise, money-wise, etc. Would I want that job? No. But I'm also not a Dublin guy. I don't think Bob is either.
Dublin is probably the richest community in the Columbus area. I would imagine teachers & coaches are paid better there than in most areas of the state.
Old 01-29-19, 11:14 AM
Varsity

RollingTrain is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballboy000 View Post
Dublin is probably the richest community in the Columbus area. I would imagine teachers & coaches are paid better there than in most areas of the state.
Dublin is up there, but not the top. New Albany, Bexley and Upper Arlington are all above it. Powell is quickly catching up.
Old 01-29-19, 11:23 AM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
You'd have to be given the keys to the village to go from Jerome to Versailles. Based on pay scale differences and potentially seniority accrued, I'd imagine you have to make an administrative position or find a way to give the coach 2-3 additional supplemental contracts of decent value to make things financially attractive. If the guy was staying in the classroom, you'd have to probably give multiple plan periods or periods where he's "mentoring" instead of teaching.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 01-29-19, 02:31 PM
All World

serpico will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
You'd have to be given the keys to the village to go from Jerome to Versailles.
Many would see it the other way around. Thatís not a knock on Dublin, but some prefer rural living to urban.
Old 01-29-19, 02:39 PM
All Ohio

southpaw69 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
Many would see it the other way around. That’s not a knock on Dublin, but some prefer rural living to urban.
I don't think his comments were not in any way directed at the clientele or the area. It was pertaining to $$.
Old 01-29-19, 02:48 PM
All Yappi

I definitely meant about the $$$. Going from teaching/coaching at Jerome to doing the same at Versailles would have to be a big pay cut, especially if you have to go down a few steps on your teaching contract. The cost of living, etc. should be a lot less, but over the years you'd give up a ton of money, and you'd give up a lot of money down the road on your retirement unless you eventually gained some administrative job.

Old 01-29-19, 03:53 PM
All Ohio

Rangerfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingTrain View Post
Going from Jerome to a MAC school is a massive upgrade, football-wise.
Old 01-29-19, 04:06 PM
All World

serpico will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw69 View Post
I don't think his comments were not in any way directed at the clientele or the area. It was pertaining to $$.
I know what you mean, and I wasnít taking it as a slap at Versailles. My only point is that some people are willing to work for less to live in an area they prefer.
Old 01-29-19, 05:22 PM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I definitely meant about the $$$. Going from teaching/coaching at Jerome to doing the same at Versailles would have to be a big pay cut, especially if you have to go down a few steps on your teaching contract. The cost of living, etc. should be a lot less, but over the years you'd give up a ton of money, and you'd give up a lot of money down the road on your retirement unless you eventually gained some administrative job.

so a teacher at Jerome with 10 years of experience...makes more then a teacher at Versailles with 10 years of experience... probably a Football HC probably takes home around 6 to 7 thousand at Versailles....not sure what they pay at Jerome
Old 01-29-19, 05:47 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
so a teacher at Jerome with 10 years of experience...makes more then a teacher at Versailles with 10 years of experience... probably a Football HC probably takes home around 6 to 7 thousand at Versailles....not sure what they pay at Jerome
The pay scale I found online was a couple of years out of date, but for the 2016-17 school year a teacher at Jerome with 10 years of credited experience and a master's degree (probably safe to assume) took home close to $72k. Dublin's pay scale was very front loaded in the first 6-10 years.

6-7 years of experience as the football coach, from how I interpreted their scale, was worth nearly $11k for a total of $83k salary. If they didn't have a pay freeze, this year that's probably comes out to $85k or more. I'd think it would have to be a $20k or more pay cut to go to Versailles, maybe more if he is beyond step 10 at Jerome.

Old 01-30-19, 12:21 AM
All Region

Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The pay scale I found online was a couple of years out of date, but for the 2016-17 school year a teacher at Jerome with 10 years of credited experience and a master's degree (probably safe to assume) took home close to $72k. Dublin's pay scale was very front loaded in the first 6-10 years.

6-7 years of experience as the football coach, from how I interpreted their scale, was worth nearly $11k for a total of $83k salary. If they didn't have a pay freeze, this year that's probably comes out to $85k or more. I'd think it would have to be a $20k or more pay cut to go to Versailles, maybe more if he is beyond step 10 at Jerome.

That sounds about right. Close to the same difference between many Cincy schools and Dayton schools. Coaching stipends are much closer than the teachers salary's. Some schools automatically include 1 or more of the weight room stipends with the Head Football Coaches stipend which could account for part of the 11K.
Old 02-04-19, 09:45 AM
Freshman

Psychedelic Tiger is on a distinguished road
Does anyone think Versailles could lure a certain coach from another MAC school who is on paid administrative leave to come rebuild the program? Would make for an interesting story line, that's for sure. Don't really know where Versailles goes from here.
Old 02-04-19, 11:49 AM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychedelic Tiger View Post
Does anyone think Versailles could lure a certain coach from another MAC school who is on paid administrative leave to come rebuild the program? Would make for an interesting story line, that's for sure. Don't really know where Versailles goes from here.
I certainly wouldn't rule that out as a possibility. Otherwise it's back to taking applications and interviews.
Old 02-04-19, 12:17 PM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
I certainly wouldn't rule that out as a possibility. Otherwise it's back to taking applications and interviews.
back to taking applications.....setting up interviews
Old 02-04-19, 01:09 PM
All District

OCLWarrior is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Man, this league is getting to be like a soap opera. There is about as much drama here as in the CCC.
Old 02-04-19, 01:13 PM
All District

Quote:
Didn't they get enough applications the first time? Are they opening it up for junior high and pee wee coaches with experience?
Old 02-04-19, 04:11 PM
All American

Quote:
Its only logical. Any updates from Tigertown about candidates or lack there of?
Old 02-04-19, 04:18 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCLWarrior View Post
Man, this league is getting to be like a soap opera. There is about as much drama here as in the CCC.
Not even close. We're not booting the best 4 teams from the conference in the name of 'fairness'
Old 02-04-19, 05:30 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Not even close. We're not booting the best 4 teams from the conference in the name of 'fairness'
No, but we have a school where they can't find a coach for football who wants the job (I thought Parkway was bad). The other is a coach who put his foot down on teenage drunks and the community and school told him to mind his own business. Shall I make some popcorn and wait to see how it turns out? Who knows, there might be another sideshow waiting to happen.
Old 02-04-19, 05:38 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCLWarrior View Post
No, but we have a school where they can't find a coach for football who wants the job (I thought Parkway was bad). The other is a coach who put his foot down on teenage drunks and the community and school told him to mind his own business. Shall I make some popcorn and wait to see how it turns out? Who knows, there might be another sideshow waiting to happen.
Didn't Minster kick a bunch of people off their football team for drinking like 12 years ago? What changed? What is happening to Versailles is odd but not that unheard of. And Parkway is just dealing with Parkway things.. I guess.
Old 02-06-19, 06:56 AM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
It will be interesting to see if Stokes puts his name in for the Versailles job, if he does it would be a slam dunk hire.
Old 02-06-19, 10:18 AM
Varsity

Pigskin is on a distinguished road
From what I have heard, the trouble in Minster has cleared up like a fart in the wind. Stokes is back to coaching football and all is well. Don't get your hopes up that he is going anywhere soon.
Old 02-06-19, 10:20 AM
All District

stripedwarrior is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigskin View Post
From what I have heard, the trouble in Minster has cleared up like a fart in the wind. Stokes is back to coaching football and all is well. Don't get your hopes up that he is going anywhere soon.
Falls in line with what I heard.
Old 02-06-19, 04:33 PM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigskin View Post
You might be right but I would be surprised if Stokes is Minster's HC this fall.
Old 02-11-19, 10:10 AM
Freshman

Psychedelic Tiger is on a distinguished road
Any updates on this situation? Versailles used to have a weights class during the day but if they don't offer that anymore, I would imagine any incoming coach would want to get that off-season lifting program started soon.
Old 02-11-19, 06:32 PM
All American

Quote:
Any updates on this situation? Versailles used to have a weights class during the day but if they don't offer that anymore, I would imagine any incoming coach would want to get that off-season lifting program started soon.
I hope they at least have someone running the weight room right now or they'll be behind.