Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-11-18, 01:02 PM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Versailles Head coach?

any word on what is happening on this coaching search?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-18, 05:08 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Haven't heard a thing
Old 12-12-18, 08:20 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
They really need to bring MIke Cramer back into the area. He is the architect, founding father, catalyst and creator of one of, if not the best and most successful programs in the state, Marion Local.
Old 12-12-18, 10:36 AM
Freshman

Matuszak is on a distinguished road
Applicant deadline was Dec. 7th and they have started scheduling interviews.
No idea how many applicants.
Some names have been heard around town, but nothing confirmed.
Old 12-12-18, 10:58 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matuszak View Post
It is just me, but they should keep the names under wraps as much as possible to safeguard the privacy of the candidates as this is only HS. I know others may disagree with me on that.

There was a search for HC locally a number years ago and I was on the inside and they reiterated many, many times that they were NOT discuss names with anyone outside the room. They wanted to keep it to themselves for privacy reasons and as good faith to those who applied.
Old 12-12-18, 11:08 AM
Freshman

Matuszak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
It is just me, but they should keep the names under wraps as much as possible to safeguard the privacy of the candidates as this is only HS. I know others may disagree with me on that.

There was a search for HC locally a number years ago and I was on the inside and they reiterated many, many times that they were NOT discuss names with anyone outside the room. They wanted to keep it to themselves for privacy reasons and as good faith to those who applied.
I agree. I was just saying that there are rumors and speculation on who has or might have applied.
Old 12-12-18, 01:26 PM
All World

names get passed around in small towns, expecially when it involves a possible new coach for a football
Old 12-12-18, 01:28 PM
All World

Quote:
when is the next school board meeting? I would say that early next year , Tigerball will have its new coach
Old 12-12-18, 07:52 PM
All Region

Champ Kind is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
They really need to bring MIke Cramer back into the area. He is the architect, founding father, catalyst and creator of one of, if not the best and most successful programs in the state, Marion Local.
Unfortunately,not many others understand this. If they did, Coach Cramer would have resurrected at least one other program by now.
Old 12-13-18, 07:35 PM
All American

Quote:
I agree. I was just saying that there are rumors and speculation on who has or might have applied.
Rumors aside, who do the people of Versailles want?
Old 12-17-18, 09:20 AM
Freshman

Psychedelic Tiger is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Rumors aside, who do the people of Versailles want?
I believe many around town want a former Tigerballer to take the reigns. I don't think either of those guys are interested at this point in their careers and have good things going where they currently are at. I wouldn't be surprised if they hired someone from outside the area with no connection to Versailles.
Old 12-17-18, 05:37 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychedelic Tiger View Post
I believe many around town want a former Tigerballer to take the reigns. I don't think either of those guys are interested at this point in their careers and have good things going where they currently are at. I wouldn't be surprised if they hired someone from outside the area with no connection to Versailles.
I'll give you guys some advice. You guys need someone who will get the most out of whatever talent is in the building and caters the offense to what fits his/her athletes. If it takes running the ball 50 times, passing it 50 times, or 50/50. Whatever fits the athletes. Tim Goodwin is good at that. Chip Otten is good at that. Geron Stokes is good at that. Last year, I watched you guys run the jet sweep probably 60% of the time and it didn't work. I thought when I watched your QB warm up with his receivers that he had a decent arm and his receivers had some decent speed. Maybe a 3 wide receiver 2 Back set could've been a success. Bottom line: I'd just be open to the idea of something that isn't just pure wing-T or Triple Option but you certainly don't have to go full Bob Olwin whom I played against (as well as Adam Miller). Find the Happy medium with your next coach! Good luck and I cant wait to see who you guys hire.
Old 12-17-18, 07:18 PM
All Region

Quote:
I'll give you guys some advice. You guys need someone who will get the most out of whatever talent is in the building and caters the offense to what fits his/her athletes. If it takes running the ball 50 times, passing it 50 times, or 50/50. Whatever fits the athletes. Tim Goodwin is good at that. Chip Otten is good at that. Geron Stokes is good at that. Last year, I watched you guys run the jet sweep probably 60% of the time and it didn't work. I thought when I watched your QB warm up with his receivers that he had a decent arm and his receivers had some decent speed. Maybe a 3 wide receiver 2 Back set could've been a success. Bottom line: I'd just be open to the idea of something that isn't just pure wing-T or Triple Option but you certainly don't have to go full Bob Olwin whom I played against (as well as Adam Miller). Find the Happy medium with your next coach! Good luck and I cant wait to see who you guys hire.
That's incredible that you can watch the QB warm up and determine the formation/set that would be successful.
Old 12-17-18, 08:34 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ Kind View Post
That's incredible that you can watch the QB warm up and determine the formation/set that would be successful.
Well I watched them throw deep routes and he seemed like he could throw a decent ball. For all I know he might not be as accurate as I think when it comes to other routes but from what I saw in warmups and in the game made it seem like he probably could handle it. He probably isn't Nathan Bruns or Clay Schmitz but he could get the job done. As far as formation, It's my complete opinion but I'd like to see them at least try it. Out of the 3 WR 2 Back set they could run the option/Misdirection which would I think please the Tigerball contingent but could also make Versailles a passing threat and being good at both would make them unpredictable. Just an opinion. Do with that what you will.
Old 12-17-18, 08:53 PM
All World

Quote:
do you mean Hetricks son, who is at Brookville
Old 12-17-18, 11:15 PM
All American

InTheDarke is on a distinguished road
If I recall correctly, Versailles went outside the program when Al retired, and it was a disaster. I'm not sure how it is today, but growing up within 4 miles there, I saw a lot of isolationist attitudes permeate the community. I hope it's not that way these days. They really do need a good hire though. Tigerball as it was hasn't existed in almost 15 years.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Old 12-18-18, 08:42 AM
Freshman

Psychedelic Tiger is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
do you mean Hetricks son, who is at Brookville
He's been a hot name for years, but I also think people are hoping Luthman from St. Henry will come back and coach his alma mater. I do not think either of those guys are coming back to save the day for the Tigers. Whoever is chosen to lead the Tigers next will need to work with the whole program. Get everyone on the same page so it is known what is expected when kids get to the high school level.
Old 12-18-18, 09:59 AM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
Isn't Dick Roll at Lehman a Tigerball guy?
Old 12-18-18, 10:29 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
He's been a hot name for years, but I also think people are hoping Luthman from St. Henry will come back and coach his alma mater. I do not think either of those guys are coming back to save the day for the Tigers. Whoever is chosen to lead the Tigers next will need to work with the whole program. Get everyone on the same page so it is known what is expected when kids get to the high school level.
A few Tiger Fans at the Coldwater/St Henry game were rooting for Coldwater for the sole reason that they thought a loss would help their cause in him coming back....
Old 12-23-18, 10:43 AM
Junior Varsity

Del Griffith is on a distinguished road

this is a joke, right.....please tell me you are joking!
Old 12-23-18, 10:51 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Griffith View Post

this is a joke, right.....please tell me you are joking!
Track him down and ask him who built the MSML program into what it is today.
Old 12-23-18, 11:15 AM
All World

Quote:
I have heard the same thing on Luthman...
Old 12-23-18, 08:32 PM
All American

When do you think they'll get this all finished? I'd imagine they'd want this all settled by the 1st or 2nd week of January at the very latest.
Old 12-24-18, 08:53 AM
Varsity

RollingTrain is on a distinguished road
I was in the area over the weekend and heard Keenan Leighty’s name mentioned....I wouldn’t go down that path, but...
Old 12-24-18, 09:19 AM
All World

from the Columbus or Cincy area......heard it at a x_mas party last night
Old 12-24-18, 12:47 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingTrain View Post
I was in the area over the weekend and heard Keenan Leighty’s name mentioned....I wouldn’t go down that path, but...
He just started his first season as Coldwater's Head girls Basketball Coach so I'd highly doubt it at this point he'd just up and leave. He's been on our football staff for 4 years now.
Old 12-24-18, 05:25 PM
All World

Quote:
He just started his first season as Coldwater's Head girls Basketball Coach so I'd highly doubt it at this point he'd just up and leave. He's been on our football staff for 4 years now.
an opportunity to be the HC of a football team..really?
Old 12-24-18, 11:59 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
an opportunity to be the HC of a football team..really?
Ok, lives in Coldwater, first year in the building as a teacher and coaching his own Daughter. I doubt he'll leave that, that quickly for the Versailles job. I'm sure he'll want to be a head football coach again at some point but now I don't think is the time.
Old 12-25-18, 12:51 AM
All Yappi

At times I believe people think of HS coaching jobs like they are college or professionals by always believing a coach will move often to chase the next 'promotion' or bigger job.
Rolfes in Celina was like that, the former Minster coach was as well, but for the most part these are just family men who aren't interested in always uprooting their lives and families to chase a HS coaching job.

WIth that said, I hope everyone has a very Happy Festivus. Now let the feats of strength and airing of grievances commence.
Old 12-25-18, 07:14 PM
All Region

Mike Cramer should be the one and only candidate.