Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #181  
Old 02-07-19, 03:55 PM
Ballboy000 Ballboy000 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-21-15
Posts: 511
Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big932 View Post
In conversations I’ve had involving the coaching search recently, Lance Schneider’s name has been brought up every time. He’s a Burg guy and he seems to have a lot of community support. Do you think they’ve made their decision already? Can they even do that without the interviews being completed first?
It's my own personal opinion that Lance Schneider is the only coach mentioned that can come in and win at a high level for the Burg in the New GWOC. Miamisburg has one of the smallest if not the smallest male enrollments in the newly aligned GWOC putting them at a disadvantage. Schneider was able to win 8 titles in 16 years at Northmont which also has a smaller male enrollment than most GWOC schools and it was much smaller when he first got there.
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 02-07-19, 05:20 PM
IrishBuckeye IrishBuckeye is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-07-18
Posts: 26
IrishBuckeye is an unknown quantity at this point
if Lance is pursuing the job that’s a big win for the Vikings. Looking around it seems like it’s slim pickings across the area for proven guys.
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 02-08-19, 03:19 AM
UcantCatchMe UcantCatchMe is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-13-12
Posts: 2,920
UcantCatchMe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballboy000 View Post
It's my own personal opinion that Lance Schneider is the only coach mentioned that can come in and win at a high level for the Burg in the New GWOC. Miamisburg has one of the smallest if not the smallest male enrollments in the newly aligned GWOC putting them at a disadvantage. Schneider was able to win 8 titles in 16 years at Northmont which also has a smaller male enrollment than most GWOC schools and it was much smaller when he first got there.
Not disagreeing that Lance would be a good hire but....

Northmont has been a D-1 team ever since they joined the GWOC. Back in the East and West days Butler, Troy, Trotwood, Piqua, Sidney and Greenville were all on Northmonts side of the division. None of which were D-1 teams. Looking at their non-confidence schedules from back than they mostly played small schools. Milton Union, Colonel White, CJ etc etc.

No doubt that they were successful and won alot of games. They might of had a small male enrollment but they were playing schools smaller than they were most of the time.

Miamisburg might be able to rack up wins against lesser competition like Northmont used to do in the non conference. They just won't have the luxury of playing smaller schools in conference like Northmont was able to when they first joined.
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 02-08-19, 07:37 AM
Ballboy000 Ballboy000 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-21-15
Posts: 511
Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UcantCatchMe View Post
Not disagreeing that Lance would be a good hire but....

Northmont has been a D-1 team ever since they joined the GWOC. Back in the East and West days Butler, Troy, Trotwood, Piqua, Sidney and Greenville were all on Northmonts side of the division. None of which were D-1 teams. Looking at their non-confidence schedules from back than they mostly played small schools. Milton Union, Colonel White, CJ etc etc.

No doubt that they were successful and won alot of games. They might of had a small male enrollment but they were playing schools smaller than they were most of the time.

Miamisburg might be able to rack up wins against lesser competition like Northmont used to do in the non conference. They just won't have the luxury of playing smaller schools in conference like Northmont was able to when they first joined.
Here is Northmonts schedule for 2005 & 2008. GWOC online records do not go back any further than 05. They did play some North teams but also played Wayne and Centerville twice counting the playoffs. 2008 they started playing more big schools on the schedule with St Ignatius, Wayne, Centerville, Springfield, Westerville South, Creek, Fairmont, & Cincy Elder, all of which are bigger than Northmont.

http://www.gwocsports.com/schedule.a...d=61&year=2008

http://www.gwocsports.com/schedule.a...=1&schoolid=61

Last edited by Ballboy000; 02-08-19 at 02:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 02-08-19, 10:28 AM
IrishBuckeye IrishBuckeye is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-07-18
Posts: 26
IrishBuckeye is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by UcantCatchMe View Post
Not disagreeing that Lance would be a good hire but....

Northmont has been a D-1 team ever since they joined the GWOC. Back in the East and West days Butler, Troy, Trotwood, Piqua, Sidney and Greenville were all on Northmonts side of the division. None of which were D-1 teams. Looking at their non-confidence schedules from back than they mostly played small schools. Milton Union, Colonel White, CJ etc etc.

No doubt that they were successful and won alot of games. They might of had a small male enrollment but they were playing schools smaller than they were most of the time.

Miamisburg might be able to rack up wins against lesser competition like Northmont used to do in the non conference. They just won't have the luxury of playing smaller schools in conference like Northmont was able to when they first joined.
Fair point here. You can't argue with the schedule they played when he first started there. With that being said, from '08-'14 his teams never played fewer than eight D1 teams in a season and he still found a way to win over 60% of those games. Not many people can say that. For all the good Channell did at Miamisburg he played far fewer D1 teams and had a losing record against them in the seven years he was there. With Miamisburg heading into the new GWOC that kind of experience would be tough to top.
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 02-08-19, 01:33 PM
Warrior78's Avatar
Warrior78 Warrior78 is offline
Proud Dad of a US Marine
 
Join Date: 10-05-05
Location: Warrior Way
Posts: 3,120
Warrior78 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballboy000 View Post
Here is Northmonts schedule for 2005 & 2008. GWOC online records do not go back any further than 05. They did play some North teams but also played Wayne and Centerville twice counting the playoffs. 2008 they started playing more big schools on the schedule with St Ignatius, Wayne, Centerville, Springfield, Westerville South, Creek, Fairmont, & Cincy Elder, all of which are bigger than Northmont.

http://www.gwocsports.com/schedule.a...=1&schoolid=61

http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthre...=1#post7249314

Joe Eitel has schedules farther back than that.
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 02-09-19, 03:31 AM
UcantCatchMe UcantCatchMe is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-13-12
Posts: 2,920
UcantCatchMe is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Ballboy000;7249314]Here is Northmonts schedule for 2005 & 2008. GWOC online records do not go back any further than 05. They did play some North teams but also played Wayne and Centerville twice counting the playoffs. 2008 they started playing more big schools on the schedule with St Ignatius, Wayne, Centerville, Springfield, Westerville South, Creek, Fairmont, & Cincy Elder, all of which are bigger than Northmont.

JoeEitel goes back to 2000. Northmont joined the GWOC the year it was formed, 2001.

4-7 years into the league shouldn't be considered in the same time frame as "when they first joined".
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 02-09-19, 05:26 AM
Ballboy000 Ballboy000 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-21-15
Posts: 511
Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=UcantCatchMe;7250177]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballboy000 View Post
Here is Northmonts schedule for 2005 & 2008. GWOC online records do not go back any further than 05. They did play some North teams but also played Wayne and Centerville twice counting the playoffs. 2008 they started playing more big schools on the schedule with St Ignatius, Wayne, Centerville, Springfield, Westerville South, Creek, Fairmont, & Cincy Elder, all of which are bigger than Northmont.

JoeEitel goes back to 2000. Northmont joined the GWOC the year it was formed, 2001.

4-7 years into the league shouldn't be considered in the same time frame as "when they first joined".
That's basically what I said once it was brought to my attention - Read what I wrote above. I looked at the Joe Eitel site. In 2001 Northmont played Fairmont, Springfield S, & Saint X in addition to basically a GWOC North Schedule. Northmont was smaller for male enrollment then also than they are now.
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 02-09-19, 08:37 AM
Big932 Big932 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-29-18
Posts: 34
Big932 is on a distinguished road
I think he’s trying to emphasize that Northmont didn’t have a cupcake schedule during the Schneider tenure. They were still playing Wayne, Centerville, both Springfields, Fairmont in conference. Out of conference they were playing the elite teams in Ohio: St. X, St. Ignatius, the Westerville’s, Lakota West, Chaminade Julienne (during the Javon Ringer years), LaSalle, Upper Arlington.

Last edited by Big932; 02-12-19 at 02:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 02-12-19, 02:22 PM
IrishBuckeye IrishBuckeye is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-07-18
Posts: 26
IrishBuckeye is an unknown quantity at this point
With Troy now open I wonder what impact (if any) it has on the pool of candidates for Miamisburg. I'd imagine in the Dayton area Troy and Miamisburg would be the two "best" jobs available right now. Slight edge to troy because of the league dynamics?
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Old 02-12-19, 02:38 PM
Ballboy000 Ballboy000 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-21-15
Posts: 511
Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishBuckeye View Post
With Troy now open I wonder what impact (if any) it has on the pool of candidates for Miamisburg. I'd imagine in the Dayton area Troy and Miamisburg would be the two "best" jobs available right now. Slight edge to troy because of the league dynamics?
Miamisburg doesn't want to fiddle around hiring a coach. The Troy job is by far the best available in terms of having a coaching advantage. The Trojans have the highest male enrollment in the new MVL and carry by far the largest roster of players. Contrary to that, Miamisburg, although having great facilities, is at a major disadvantage to other GWOC teams in terms of male enrollment numbers.
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 02-12-19, 03:57 PM
Big932 Big932 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-29-18
Posts: 34
Big932 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballboy000 View Post
Miamisburg doesn't want to fiddle around hiring a coach. The Troy job is by far the best available in terms of having a coaching advantage. The Trojans have the highest male enrollment in the new MVL and carry by far the largest roster of players. Contrary to that, Miamisburg, although having great facilities, is at a major disadvantage to other GWOC teams in terms of male enrollment numbers.
The timeline Iím hearing spread is interviews begin next week, theyíll do 2nd interviews and a coach should be hired before March comes.
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 02-13-19, 01:32 PM
Burghater Burghater is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 02-05-19
Posts: 3
Burghater is on a distinguished road
Whoever gets hired at Miamisburg will have a world of problems they already know they donít have a chance to win and all the yuck yucks administrators teachers faculty and friends will want their kids to be in key positions
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 02-15-19, 03:35 PM
southpaw69 southpaw69 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-27-08
Posts: 570
southpaw69 is on a distinguished road
I have the most interest in this hire (as well as all the shtuff surrounding it). How did this ever make it to the second page? I know it has been a little slow waiting for the interviews to start but who is even interviewing?
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 02-15-19, 05:28 PM
Big932 Big932 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 07-29-18
Posts: 34
Big932 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw69 View Post
I have the most interest in this hire (as well as all the shtuff surrounding it). How did this ever make it to the second page? I know it has been a little slow waiting for the interviews to start but who is even interviewing?
Iíve heard 2 possible names (Lance Schneider and Rodney Roberts) but thatís really it. Little has been leaked. Someone told me Wayneís Head Coach applied but thereís absolutely no way thatís true.
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old 02-15-19, 07:58 PM
Burghater Burghater is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 02-05-19
Posts: 3
Burghater is on a distinguished road
Whoever gets it needs to watch out for the long time assistant who has seen many coaches come and go. He is the puppeteer on every coach leaving and convinces other assistants to resign to make the head coach look bad. Him and the board member run the show and just use everyone else. Channell realized this and had been trying to get out for three years. When they confirmed he had applied at Hamilton they got him fired and tried to sabotage his rep even more. Ridiculous shenanigans from truly evil people.
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 02-15-19, 08:17 PM
Ballboy000 Ballboy000 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-21-15
Posts: 511
Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burghater View Post
Whoever gets it needs to watch out for the long time assistant who has seen many coaches come and go. He is the puppeteer on every coach leaving and convinces other assistants to resign to make the head coach look bad. Him and the board member run the show and just use everyone else. Channell realized this and had been trying to get out for three years. When they confirmed he had applied at Hamilton they got him fired and tried to sabotage his rep even more. Ridiculous shenanigans from truly evil people.
Based upon your Yappi handle of "Burghater" you obviously have a bias which means anything you say is subject to that bias & must be looked at with skepticism. From reports & rumors it appears Channel needed no help in sabotaging his own career, which is sad because he was a very capable X & O's coach.
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 02-15-19, 08:23 PM
IrishBuckeye IrishBuckeye is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-07-18
Posts: 26
IrishBuckeye is an unknown quantity at this point
I wonder if either Doug Hortman or Bryan Myers are interested. Weren’t both on the past staff? Two Burg legends with a lot of experience.
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 02-15-19, 10:57 PM
The Watcher 2.0 The Watcher 2.0 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-22-13
Posts: 269
The Watcher 2.0 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burghater View Post
Whoever gets it needs to watch out for the long time assistant who has seen many coaches come and go. He is the puppeteer on every coach leaving and convinces other assistants to resign to make the head coach look bad. Him and the board member run the show and just use everyone else. Channell realized this and had been trying to get out for three years. When they confirmed he had applied at Hamilton they got him fired and tried to sabotage his rep even more. Ridiculous shenanigans from truly evil people.
You canít blame no one but Channell, because he was the one going out having affairs with players moms and wrecked his own marriage, so I donít think he needed any help. You must be he DC that help him vandalize the coaches houses lol. Channell did the same thing at Edgewood and was let go, so I guess them coaches got him fired too 🤣🤣
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 02-15-19, 11:59 PM
Burghater Burghater is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 02-05-19
Posts: 3
Burghater is on a distinguished road
Not saying Channell is a saint at all. He had all kinds of off field games going on. But those two guys are always in the mix when back door blind sides go down.
Reply With Quote
  #201  
Old 02-19-19, 12:02 PM
HSfootballfan21 HSfootballfan21 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-29-09
Posts: 124
HSfootballfan21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw69 View Post
I have the most interest in this hire (as well as all the shtuff surrounding it). How did this ever make it to the second page? I know it has been a little slow waiting for the interviews to start but who is even interviewing?
The rumor mill in the Burg says Rodney Roberts is the next Burg HC. This is pure rumor though, nothing from people who make the call. I have to think Burg has a very short list to wait this long. Does anyone remember when Channell was hired? Was it this late? Coach Roberts would be a great hire for the Burg, but I wonder how hungry he is. When he was a young coach, i'm guessing he put in the time. I hope he would still have the same fire and patience. The Burg doesn't want a Tommy Tuberville coach! I wonder if Niswonger would be interested in the job. If Niswonger was to get the job, the same Tuberville fear would exist.
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 02-19-19, 12:03 PM
HSfootballfan21 HSfootballfan21 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-29-09
Posts: 124
HSfootballfan21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burghater View Post
Whoever gets it needs to watch out for the long time assistant who has seen many coaches come and go. He is the puppeteer on every coach leaving and convinces other assistants to resign to make the head coach look bad. Him and the board member run the show and just use everyone else. Channell realized this and had been trying to get out for three years. When they confirmed he had applied at Hamilton they got him fired and tried to sabotage his rep even more. Ridiculous shenanigans from truly evil people.
There is only one assistant who has been with the Burg since Lewis was coaching the 1st time...

Not going to name names but if we are talking about the same person, all my conversations with him were positive about Channell?
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 02-19-19, 06:50 PM
Groundhog Day Groundhog Day is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-20-16
Posts: 165
Groundhog Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSfootballfan21 View Post
The rumor mill in the Burg says Rodney Roberts is the next Burg HC. This is pure rumor though, nothing from people who make the call. I have to think Burg has a very short list to wait this long. Does anyone remember when Channell was hired? Was it this late? Coach Roberts would be a great hire for the Burg, but I wonder how hungry he is. When he was a young coach, i'm guessing he put in the time. I hope he would still have the same fire and patience. The Burg doesn't want a Tommy Tuberville coach! I wonder if Niswonger would be interested in the job. If Niswonger was to get the job, the same Tuberville fear would exist.
Roberts name is out there but the key factor will be can they pay him enough to make the move. Niswonger hasn't been coaching lately has he (at least not in 2018)? I believe Earl White (Belmont) has an interview. He brings Wing-T principles and a history of success. Similar to Roberts, can they offer enough to make him leave. With interviews starting this week, it should move rather quickly from here.
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 02-19-19, 07:38 PM
fangwoc fangwoc is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 04-30-12
Posts: 222
fangwoc is on a distinguished road
Won’t be Dion black. He’s the new HC at West Carrollton.
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 02-20-19, 01:26 PM
EuclidandViren EuclidandViren is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-01-12
Posts: 1,039
EuclidandViren is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballboy000 View Post
It's my own personal opinion that Lance Schneider is the only coach mentioned that can come in and win at a high level for the Burg in the New GWOC. Miamisburg has one of the smallest if not the smallest male enrollments in the newly aligned GWOC putting them at a disadvantage. Schneider was able to win 8 titles in 16 years at Northmont which also has a smaller male enrollment than most GWOC schools and it was much smaller when he first got there.
With Trotwood and Lebanon leaving, they (miamisburg) should be the smallest GWOC school.

Although, I have heard that Wayne/Springfield enrollment is shrinking.
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 02-22-19, 08:26 AM
southpaw69 southpaw69 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-27-08
Posts: 570
southpaw69 is on a distinguished road
Who has interviewed? Have there been a 2nd round of interviews? finalists? Anything?
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 02-22-19, 08:53 AM
Zezzo! Zezzo! is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-11
Posts: 1,929
Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuclidandViren View Post
With Trotwood and Lebanon leaving, they (miamisburg) should be the smallest GWOC school.

Although, I have heard that Wayne/Springfield enrollment is shrinking.


Absolutely not true about Springfield, their enrollment for 18-19 is greater than 17-18's enrollment of 1,800. This year's freshmen class was their largest ever.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Week 10 - Northmont (8-1) @ Miamisburg (7-2) BoltsFan06 Football 13 10-27-18 06:11 AM
Miamisburg 30 Wayne 13 vamp2syd Football 3 09-14-18 10:15 PM
Troy vs. Miamisburg TroyTrojan05 Football 28 09-23-17 05:42 PM
Huber Heights Wayne 56 Miamisburg 28 vamp2syd Football 17 09-19-17 06:18 PM
Challenge Game (9/15): Miamisburg (3-0) at Wayne (2-1) Yappi Football 1 09-12-17 10:43 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz