Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-07-19, 03:55 PM
All Ohio

Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big932 View Post
In conversations I’ve had involving the coaching search recently, Lance Schneider’s name has been brought up every time. He’s a Burg guy and he seems to have a lot of community support. Do you think they’ve made their decision already? Can they even do that without the interviews being completed first?
It's my own personal opinion that Lance Schneider is the only coach mentioned that can come in and win at a high level for the Burg in the New GWOC. Miamisburg has one of the smallest if not the smallest male enrollments in the newly aligned GWOC putting them at a disadvantage. Schneider was able to win 8 titles in 16 years at Northmont which also has a smaller male enrollment than most GWOC schools and it was much smaller when he first got there.
Old 02-07-19, 05:20 PM
Junior Varsity

IrishBuckeye is an unknown quantity at this point
if Lance is pursuing the job that’s a big win for the Vikings. Looking around it seems like it’s slim pickings across the area for proven guys.
Old 02-08-19, 03:19 AM
All World

UcantCatchMe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballboy000 View Post
It's my own personal opinion that Lance Schneider is the only coach mentioned that can come in and win at a high level for the Burg in the New GWOC. Miamisburg has one of the smallest if not the smallest male enrollments in the newly aligned GWOC putting them at a disadvantage. Schneider was able to win 8 titles in 16 years at Northmont which also has a smaller male enrollment than most GWOC schools and it was much smaller when he first got there.
Not disagreeing that Lance would be a good hire but....

Northmont has been a D-1 team ever since they joined the GWOC. Back in the East and West days Butler, Troy, Trotwood, Piqua, Sidney and Greenville were all on Northmonts side of the division. None of which were D-1 teams. Looking at their non-confidence schedules from back than they mostly played small schools. Milton Union, Colonel White, CJ etc etc.

No doubt that they were successful and won alot of games. They might of had a small male enrollment but they were playing schools smaller than they were most of the time.

Miamisburg might be able to rack up wins against lesser competition like Northmont used to do in the non conference. They just won't have the luxury of playing smaller schools in conference like Northmont was able to when they first joined.
Old 02-08-19, 07:37 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by UcantCatchMe View Post

Northmont has been a D-1 team ever since they joined the GWOC. Back in the East and West days Butler, Troy, Trotwood, Piqua, Sidney and Greenville were all on Northmonts side of the division. None of which were D-1 teams. Looking at their non-confidence schedules from back than they mostly played small schools. Milton Union, Colonel White, CJ etc etc.

No doubt that they were successful and won alot of games. They might of had a small male enrollment but they were playing schools smaller than they were most of the time.

Miamisburg might be able to rack up wins against lesser competition like Northmont used to do in the non conference. They just won't have the luxury of playing smaller schools in conference like Northmont was able to when they first joined.
Here is Northmonts schedule for 2005 & 2008. GWOC online records do not go back any further than 05. They did play some North teams but also played Wayne and Centerville twice counting the playoffs. 2008 they started playing more big schools on the schedule with St Ignatius, Wayne, Centerville, Springfield, Westerville South, Creek, Fairmont, & Cincy Elder, all of which are bigger than Northmont.

http://www.gwocsports.com/schedule.a...d=61&year=2008

http://www.gwocsports.com/schedule.a...=1&schoolid=61

Last edited by Ballboy000; 02-08-19 at 02:49 PM.
Old 02-08-19, 10:28 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by UcantCatchMe View Post

Fair point here. You can't argue with the schedule they played when he first started there. With that being said, from '08-'14 his teams never played fewer than eight D1 teams in a season and he still found a way to win over 60% of those games. Not many people can say that. For all the good Channell did at Miamisburg he played far fewer D1 teams and had a losing record against them in the seven years he was there. With Miamisburg heading into the new GWOC that kind of experience would be tough to top.
Old 02-08-19, 01:33 PM
Proud Dad of a US Marine

Warrior78 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Here is Northmonts schedule for 2005 & 2008. GWOC online records do not go back any further than 05. They did play some North teams but also played Wayne and Centerville twice counting the playoffs. 2008 they started playing more big schools on the schedule with St Ignatius, Wayne, Centerville, Springfield, Westerville South, Creek, Fairmont, & Cincy Elder, all of which are bigger than Northmont.

http://www.gwocsports.com/schedule.a...=1&schoolid=61

http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthre...=1#post7249314

Joe Eitel has schedules farther back than that.
Old 02-09-19, 03:31 AM
All World

UcantCatchMe is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Ballboy000;7249314]Here is Northmonts schedule for 2005 & 2008. GWOC online records do not go back any further than 05. They did play some North teams but also played Wayne and Centerville twice counting the playoffs. 2008 they started playing more big schools on the schedule with St Ignatius, Wayne, Centerville, Springfield, Westerville South, Creek, Fairmont, & Cincy Elder, all of which are bigger than Northmont.

JoeEitel goes back to 2000. Northmont joined the GWOC the year it was formed, 2001.

4-7 years into the league shouldn't be considered in the same time frame as "when they first joined".
Old 02-09-19, 05:26 AM
All Ohio

[QUOTE=UcantCatchMe;7250177]
Quote:

JoeEitel goes back to 2000. Northmont joined the GWOC the year it was formed, 2001.

4-7 years into the league shouldn't be considered in the same time frame as "when they first joined".
That's basically what I said once it was brought to my attention - Read what I wrote above. I looked at the Joe Eitel site. In 2001 Northmont played Fairmont, Springfield S, & Saint X in addition to basically a GWOC North Schedule. Northmont was smaller for male enrollment then also than they are now.
Old 02-09-19, 08:37 AM
Junior Varsity

Big932 is on a distinguished road
I think he’s trying to emphasize that Northmont didn’t have a cupcake schedule during the Schneider tenure. They were still playing Wayne, Centerville, both Springfields, Fairmont in conference. Out of conference they were playing the elite teams in Ohio: St. X, St. Ignatius, the Westerville’s, Lakota West, Chaminade Julienne (during the Javon Ringer years), LaSalle, Upper Arlington.

Last edited by Big932; 02-12-19 at 02:32 PM.
Old 02-12-19, 02:22 PM
Junior Varsity

With Troy now open I wonder what impact (if any) it has on the pool of candidates for Miamisburg. I'd imagine in the Dayton area Troy and Miamisburg would be the two "best" jobs available right now. Slight edge to troy because of the league dynamics?
Old 02-12-19, 02:38 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishBuckeye View Post
With Troy now open I wonder what impact (if any) it has on the pool of candidates for Miamisburg. I'd imagine in the Dayton area Troy and Miamisburg would be the two "best" jobs available right now. Slight edge to troy because of the league dynamics?
Miamisburg doesn't want to fiddle around hiring a coach. The Troy job is by far the best available in terms of having a coaching advantage. The Trojans have the highest male enrollment in the new MVL and carry by far the largest roster of players. Contrary to that, Miamisburg, although having great facilities, is at a major disadvantage to other GWOC teams in terms of male enrollment numbers.
Old 02-12-19, 03:57 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Miamisburg doesn't want to fiddle around hiring a coach. The Troy job is by far the best available in terms of having a coaching advantage. The Trojans have the highest male enrollment in the new MVL and carry by far the largest roster of players. Contrary to that, Miamisburg, although having great facilities, is at a major disadvantage to other GWOC teams in terms of male enrollment numbers.
The timeline Iím hearing spread is interviews begin next week, theyíll do 2nd interviews and a coach should be hired before March comes.
Old 02-13-19, 01:32 PM
Freshman

Burghater is on a distinguished road
Whoever gets hired at Miamisburg will have a world of problems they already know they donít have a chance to win and all the yuck yucks administrators teachers faculty and friends will want their kids to be in key positions
Old 02-15-19, 03:35 PM
All Ohio

southpaw69 is on a distinguished road
I have the most interest in this hire (as well as all the shtuff surrounding it). How did this ever make it to the second page? I know it has been a little slow waiting for the interviews to start but who is even interviewing?
Old 02-15-19, 05:28 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw69 View Post
I have the most interest in this hire (as well as all the shtuff surrounding it). How did this ever make it to the second page? I know it has been a little slow waiting for the interviews to start but who is even interviewing?
Iíve heard 2 possible names (Lance Schneider and Rodney Roberts) but thatís really it. Little has been leaked. Someone told me Wayneís Head Coach applied but thereís absolutely no way thatís true.
Old 02-15-19, 07:58 PM
Freshman

Whoever gets it needs to watch out for the long time assistant who has seen many coaches come and go. He is the puppeteer on every coach leaving and convinces other assistants to resign to make the head coach look bad. Him and the board member run the show and just use everyone else. Channell realized this and had been trying to get out for three years. When they confirmed he had applied at Hamilton they got him fired and tried to sabotage his rep even more. Ridiculous shenanigans from truly evil people.
Old 02-15-19, 08:17 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burghater View Post
Whoever gets it needs to watch out for the long time assistant who has seen many coaches come and go. He is the puppeteer on every coach leaving and convinces other assistants to resign to make the head coach look bad. Him and the board member run the show and just use everyone else. Channell realized this and had been trying to get out for three years. When they confirmed he had applied at Hamilton they got him fired and tried to sabotage his rep even more. Ridiculous shenanigans from truly evil people.
Based upon your Yappi handle of "Burghater" you obviously have a bias which means anything you say is subject to that bias & must be looked at with skepticism. From reports & rumors it appears Channel needed no help in sabotaging his own career, which is sad because he was a very capable X & O's coach.
Old 02-15-19, 08:23 PM
Junior Varsity

I wonder if either Doug Hortman or Bryan Myers are interested. Weren’t both on the past staff? Two Burg legends with a lot of experience.
Old 02-15-19, 10:57 PM
All Region

The Watcher 2.0 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You canít blame no one but Channell, because he was the one going out having affairs with players moms and wrecked his own marriage, so I donít think he needed any help. You must be he DC that help him vandalize the coaches houses lol. Channell did the same thing at Edgewood and was let go, so I guess them coaches got him fired too 🤣🤣
Old 02-15-19, 11:59 PM
Freshman

Not saying Channell is a saint at all. He had all kinds of off field games going on. But those two guys are always in the mix when back door blind sides go down.
Old 02-19-19, 12:02 PM
All District

HSfootballfan21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw69 View Post
The rumor mill in the Burg says Rodney Roberts is the next Burg HC. This is pure rumor though, nothing from people who make the call. I have to think Burg has a very short list to wait this long. Does anyone remember when Channell was hired? Was it this late? Coach Roberts would be a great hire for the Burg, but I wonder how hungry he is. When he was a young coach, i'm guessing he put in the time. I hope he would still have the same fire and patience. The Burg doesn't want a Tommy Tuberville coach! I wonder if Niswonger would be interested in the job. If Niswonger was to get the job, the same Tuberville fear would exist.
Old 02-19-19, 12:03 PM
All District

HSfootballfan21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
There is only one assistant who has been with the Burg since Lewis was coaching the 1st time...

Not going to name names but if we are talking about the same person, all my conversations with him were positive about Channell?
Old 02-19-19, 06:50 PM
All District

Groundhog Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSfootballfan21 View Post
The rumor mill in the Burg says Rodney Roberts is the next Burg HC. This is pure rumor though, nothing from people who make the call. I have to think Burg has a very short list to wait this long. Does anyone remember when Channell was hired? Was it this late? Coach Roberts would be a great hire for the Burg, but I wonder how hungry he is. When he was a young coach, i'm guessing he put in the time. I hope he would still have the same fire and patience. The Burg doesn't want a Tommy Tuberville coach! I wonder if Niswonger would be interested in the job. If Niswonger was to get the job, the same Tuberville fear would exist.
Roberts name is out there but the key factor will be can they pay him enough to make the move. Niswonger hasn't been coaching lately has he (at least not in 2018)? I believe Earl White (Belmont) has an interview. He brings Wing-T principles and a history of success. Similar to Roberts, can they offer enough to make him leave. With interviews starting this week, it should move rather quickly from here.
Old 02-19-19, 07:38 PM
All District

fangwoc is on a distinguished road
Won’t be Dion black. He’s the new HC at West Carrollton.
Old 02-20-19, 01:26 PM
All American

EuclidandViren is on a distinguished road
Quote:
With Trotwood and Lebanon leaving, they (miamisburg) should be the smallest GWOC school.

Although, I have heard that Wayne/Springfield enrollment is shrinking.
Old 02-22-19, 08:26 AM
All Ohio

southpaw69 is on a distinguished road
Who has interviewed? Have there been a 2nd round of interviews? finalists? Anything?
Old 02-22-19, 08:53 AM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuclidandViren View Post
With Trotwood and Lebanon leaving, they (miamisburg) should be the smallest GWOC school.

Although, I have heard that Wayne/Springfield enrollment is shrinking.

Absolutely not true about Springfield, their enrollment for 18-19 is greater than 17-18's enrollment of 1,800. This year's freshmen class was their largest ever.