Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-23-18, 08:54 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
If you want a wing-T coach, I'd recommend the former Anna coach Brian Rioch. Not sure he'd want to leave Shelby County though.
Old 12-23-18, 09:01 PM
Junior Varsity

Jgraves is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGB974 View Post
Probably why Burg Admin finally wiped their hands clean of the situation. Channell did not want to be at Burg, plain and simple. That was proven with Hamilton. I am hearing kids will be told tomorrow by him personally before lifting starts. Guessing this topic will blow up significantly once the parents find out.
Why would they be mad, when some of them want him to go
Old 12-23-18, 09:13 PM
All Region

Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGB974 View Post
Probably why Burg Admin finally wiped their hands clean of the situation. Channell did not want to be at Burg, plain and simple. That was proven with Hamilton. I am hearing kids will be told tomorrow by him personally before lifting starts. Guessing this topic will blow up significantly once the parents find out.
Based upon all the conversation it appears the Burg Administration was giving him a chance to find a job before pulling the trigger. I doubt they had any intention of retaining him if what has been said is true.
Old 12-23-18, 10:11 PM
All District

Groundhog Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgraves View Post
Lance wouldnít run wing t and that will be a NO..Joel is a good coach at Tipp I donít know how he will do there. They donít have the money to pay Earl...
I think Lance has a variety of skeletons in his closest that NO ONE has been willing to take a chance. Plus, if Miamisburg feels Channel turned into a negative risk I don't believe they are going to want to be the one to give Lance that second chance in case it blows up in their face when there is no need to take that chance.

Not sure Doerge wants to move up into the "new" GWOC (that seems weird to call it that) because M'burg will have their hands full. If following Charlie was hard, Channell W-L will be tough to follow (don't think community will just be happy to have a coach who can keep it in his pants).

Still wouldn't rule out Earl. He is coaching 3 sports to make up for his lost AD gig (thanks Mark Baker). Plus, he really wants out. Sometimes less money but a better job can overcome the stress he feels at Belmont (and I'm not talking pressure to win from Admin). M'burg could provide a better quality of life. Would Miamisburg be interested? Will be interesting to see what happens.
Old 12-23-18, 11:02 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog Day View Post
I think Lance has a variety of skeletons in his closest that NO ONE has been willing to take a chance. Plus, if Miamisburg feels Channel turned into a negative risk I don't believe they are going to want to be the one to give Lance that second chance in case it blows up in their face when there is no need to take that chance.

Not sure Doerge wants to move up into the "new" GWOC (that seems weird to call it that) because M'burg will have their hands full. If following Charlie was hard, Channell W-L will be tough to follow (don't think community will just be happy to have a coach who can keep it in his pants).

Still wouldn't rule out Earl. He is coaching 3 sports to make up for his lost AD gig (thanks Mark Baker). Plus, he really wants out. Sometimes less money but a better job can overcome the stress he feels at Belmont (and I'm not talking pressure to win from Admin). M'burg could provide a better quality of life. Would Miamisburg be interested? Will be interesting to see what happens.
True!!!! I meet Earl before and I donít think he is willing to take a pay cut just for a football job unless they have something else with it!!
Old 12-24-18, 09:03 AM
All District

Knoch is on a distinguished road
If all of this is true about Channel being let go from Miamisburg would not surprise me. My concern is where does Miamisburg go from here. Miamisburg is notable for the good old boy system. Keeping all hires within. They love to hire only people that are from Miamisburg or live in Miamisburg or are Alumni of Miamisburg. Not only in coaching but also in teaching.
Old 12-24-18, 09:42 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoch View Post
If all of this is true about Channel being let go from Miamisburg would not surprise me. My concern is where does Miamisburg go from here. Miamisburg is notable for the good old boy system. Keeping all hires within. They love to hire only people that are from Miamisburg or live in Miamisburg or are Alumni of Miamisburg. Not only in coaching but also in teaching.
I'm not from Miamisburg but I'm not sure that I see anything wrong with hiring people that have a vested interest in the community & schools. It wasn't until just recently if I am not mistaken that if one worked for the City of Dayton that they had to live within the City of Dayton. If given the choice, would you prefer employees/teachers that have a vested interest in your community, schools, & property values or not?
Old 12-24-18, 10:37 AM
All Region

Quote:

Agree with you on Derge. Although he would be a good fit, I don't see where he has anything to gain by going to Miamisburg so doubt seriously that he would apply. He is doing a good job at Tipp & will no longer have to face the likes of Northmont & Trotwood etc; Gave Northmont a damn good game this year though. Statistically, his teams have done better offensively & defensively in the GWOC than Tipp did in the CBC. Just tough competition from mostly larger schools.

I think whoever gives Schneider a second chance will not regret it. You live & learn from your mistakes. He didn't say anything that most other coaches in America have not said out loud privately to fellow coaches, some of it in jest. He just made the mistake of putting it in an email to his inner circle & 11 months later someone leaked it out. Why, is probably another conversation. His sin is very minor compared to the rumors on Channel. The guy is a proven winner from a family of Hall of Fame coaches. Has a 10 year old son that will probably be a great QB someday like his dad & grandpa were. Franklin obviously did not have a problem with him calling their plays from the box the last five games of this season where his dad was the OC. They went 5-0 in that stretch by the way. I think he deserves a chance at redemption & to return to his passion. He is going to make some school very happy.
Old 12-24-18, 11:16 AM
All American

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
I’ve been harsh on Derge before, but I believe the way Tipp finished the season gave the admin and fans a bode of confidence in him. He has no character issues at all. And I think he can succeed at Tipp, and he wants to stay in Tipp. He just bought a house close to Tipp and he has stated that he wants to raise his kid here. I think Tipp will find a lot more success in this new league and all will be forgotten. Also I do not believe Derge would be interested in Miamisburg. Tipp will be in a much better position to win in their new conference whereas Miamisburg will be at the bottom of the new GWOC
Old 12-24-18, 11:40 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
Iíve been harsh on Derge before, but I believe the way Tipp finished the season gave the admin and fans a bode of confidence in him. He has no character issues at all. And I think he can succeed at Tipp, and he wants to stay in Tipp. He just bought a house close to Tipp and he has stated that he wants to raise his kid here. I think Tipp will find a lot more success in this new league and all will be forgotten. Also I do not believe Derge would be interested in Miamisburg. Tipp will be in a much better position to win in their new conference whereas Miamisburg will be at the bottom of the new GWOC
I think the Burg is looking at being at the bottom of the new GWOC also. Maybe not if they hire Schneider though. He has a vested interest in not only finding redemption but also in wanting to beat certain teams.
Old 12-24-18, 11:47 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballboy000 View Post
I think the Burg is looking at being at the bottom of the new GWOC also. Maybe not if they hire Schneider though. He has a vested interest in not only finding redemption but also in wanting to beat certain teams.
He wouldnít be a good fit because they want to still run the wing-T because the kids love it. So now they are trying to make white for the better of the kids.
Old 12-24-18, 11:50 AM
Junior Varsity

Just heard he told the kids today and shook their hands and walked out
Old 12-24-18, 11:59 AM
All Region

Quote:
He wouldn’t be a good fit because they want to still run the wing-T because the kids love it. So now they are trying to make white for the better of the kids.
If that is what they want fine, but the type of offense a team runs is not what makes them a winner. Coaching makes the difference. There are plenty of Wing T teams out there that cannot buy a win just as there are other teams with different offensive styles that cannot.
Old 12-24-18, 12:43 PM
All District

Knoch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm not from Miamisburg but I'm not sure that I see anything wrong with hiring people that have a vested interest in the community & schools. It wasn't until just recently if I am not mistaken that if one worked for the City of Dayton that they had to live within the City of Dayton. If given the choice, would you prefer employees/teachers that have a vested interest in your community, schools, & property values or not?
I will happy to answer your question...Absolutely, I have lived here for 25 years. One of my kids graduated from Burg and my son is currently at the high school. So if anyone is vested in the community it would be my family.
The city of Dayton if I am not mistaken...I could be wrong, but I thought if they were police, fire, city council, mayor...etc. Then they must live in Dayton.

If given the choice I would prefer the best coach and if he happens to be from Miamisburg great if not then put an outside coach in the schools like Channel as In-School suspension person.

We will see who applies.
Old 12-24-18, 02:37 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoch View Post
I will happy to answer your question...Absolutely, I have lived here for 25 years. One of my kids graduated from Burg and my son is currently at the high school. So if anyone is vested in the community it would be my family.
The city of Dayton if I am not mistaken...I could be wrong, but I thought if they were police, fire, city council, mayor...etc. Then they must live in Dayton.

If given the choice I would prefer the best coach and if he happens to be from Miamisburg great if not then put an outside coach in the schools like Channel as In-School suspension person.

We will see who applies.
Great point. But itís a lot of coaches that will lose years even taking that job
Old 12-24-18, 04:27 PM
All District

Groundhog Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Great point. But itís a lot of coaches that will lose years even taking that job
Depending on where you come from. Come from a district that is behind in pay compared to Miamisburg, or M'burg may have more steps. Key thing is where do you END up for your last three years for STRS. This is where it may work for Coach White.
Old 12-24-18, 09:14 PM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Depending on where you come from. Come from a district that is behind in pay compared to Miamisburg, or M'burg may have more steps. Key thing is where do you END up for your last three years for STRS. This is where it may work for Coach White.
5 years now
Old 12-24-18, 09:48 PM
Varsity

SW FB Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Agree with you on Derge. Although he would be a good fit, I don't see where he has anything to gain by going to Miamisburg so doubt seriously that he would apply. He is doing a good job at Tipp & will no longer have to face the likes of Northmont & Trotwood etc; Gave Northmont a damn good game this year though. Statistically, his teams have done better offensively & defensively in the GWOC than Tipp did in the CBC. Just tough competition from mostly larger schools.

I think whoever gives Schneider a second chance will not regret it. You live & learn from your mistakes. He didn't say anything that most other coaches in America have not said out loud privately to fellow coaches, some of it in jest. He just made the mistake of putting it in an email to his inner circle & 11 months later someone leaked it out. Why, is probably another conversation. His sin is very minor compared to the rumors on Channel. The guy is a proven winner from a family of Hall of Fame coaches. Has a 10 year old son that will probably be a great QB someday like his dad & grandpa were. Franklin obviously did not have a problem with him calling their plays from the box the last five games of this season where his dad was the OC. They went 5-0 in that stretch by the way. I think he deserves a chance at redemption & to return to his passion. He is going to make some school very happy.
Lance would be a great hire for the Burg. He grew up there, his dad coached there and also would coach with Lance. One learns from their mistakes and his was minor compared to what some coaches have done. Give him a chance and their program will win.
Old 12-25-18, 04:33 AM
All District

icecold is on a distinguished road
Stop it...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 12-25-18, 05:02 PM
Junior Varsity

Just heard Jay Minton, Lance Snider, Rodney Roberts, and Jay Niswonger is applying for the job!!!!
Old 12-25-18, 05:53 PM
All Region

Wink

Quote:
Just heard Jay Minton, Lance Snider, Rodney Roberts, and Jay Niswonger is applying for the job!!!!
Lay off the Eggnog Graves, you've had too much.
Old 12-25-18, 06:10 PM
Junior Varsity

Big932 is on a distinguished road
Jay Minton leaving Wayne for Miamisburg wouldn’t make much sense. That’s an absurd claim.
Old 12-25-18, 06:44 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big932 View Post
Jay Minton leaving Wayne for Miamisburg wouldnít make much sense. Thatís an absurd claim.
Okay remember you heard it here first
Old 12-25-18, 06:45 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Jay Minton leaving Wayne for Miamisburg wouldn’t make much sense. That’s an absurd claim.
Wayne don’t have anything left in the tank and I would rather play with Miamisburg home grown kids than Wayne ijs
Old 12-25-18, 07:21 PM
All Region

Quote:
Jay Minton leaving Wayne for Miamisburg wouldnít make much sense. Thatís an absurd claim.
Graves has obviously been drinking too much of the holiday spirits. Minton is the AD & Head Coach at Wayne ... he's going nowhere unless it's into retirement.
Old 12-25-18, 08:11 PM
Junior Varsity

Big932 is on a distinguished road
How can any of these guys apply for a job that hasn’t been posted yet?
Old 12-25-18, 08:21 PM
All District

icecold is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Wayne donít have anything left in the tank and I would rather play with Miamisburg home grown kids than Wayne ijs
Absurd

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 12-26-18, 08:50 AM
All Ohio

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Rodney Roberts is an interesting name that no one has brought up. He's a wing-t guy and has proven he can be successful.
Old 12-26-18, 10:30 AM
All American

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOldBlood View Post
Rodney Roberts is an interesting name that no one has brought up. He's a wing-t guy and has proven he can be successful.
I think 6 or so years ago when Charlie was gonna retire for the first time, Tipp was all but set on hiring Rodney. Of course Charlie decided he no longer wanted to retire from coaching, coached two more years then left for Troy
Old 12-26-18, 12:07 PM
All Ohio

Exit 29 is on a distinguished road
Rodney would be a solid hire. He is a wing t guy but 2011-2013 Franklin went away from it, the talent he had at his disposal made it a lot easier to do that. I think he would run it at Miamisburg but he would implement some new concepts and different formations.