Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-15-18, 04:00 AM
All Region

The Watcher 2.0 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGB974 View Post
Going to get very interesting. From what I am hearing, not sure Channell can keep his job, but I could be way off. You know how rumors go. I have heard that he wasn't honest with administration or anyone who was listening for that matter. One of the funniest things I was told was that his Dcoordinator who he trusted and was going with him to Hamilton was feeding Burg admin the info of what was actually going down due to Channell not being up front with his administration. Not sure how true that is, but not much would surprise me at this point.....Regardless, bad situation in the Burg right now with what appears to be a cupboard much less stocked than when he arrived and a head coach who doesn't want to be there...say what you want, he has tried to leave more than once now and his "reputation" seems to be getting the best of him...IMO...not that it matters, Channell will be out and current not former Dcoordinaror will be the next head coach.... maybe I am way off or maybe you heard it here first...time will tell.
What the hell. Sounds like the DC did that to try and get the HC job 😂...donít think the current dc will get it. From what I hear the kids donít really like him and he has been a DC for one year what make him ready and not the old DC who Steve mentored to be a head coach.
Old 12-15-18, 04:08 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog Day View Post
Just think it is hard for a non-teacher to be a HC at a DI school in football because you have to ride heard over so many bodies. From what I hear Channel shot him down at West Carrollton with a negative recommendation. The comment about being a better DC than HC is based on those factors. Now, if M'burg would create something for him then that could be a different story.
I heArd the same thing from a source. I was told from some burg guys that some of the kids and there parents said if he got that job they was going to transfer there kids to play for him because they loved him so much and all the things he was doing for them and the program... From what I was told that he handled a lot of stuff for Steve like recruiting and talking to kids to come out and play football and he was in the building all the time checking on grades etc.. Just look at how many kids has went to school to play football since he left. I also heard that he is helping some of the kids thatís Sr now with recruiting because parents reached out to him.
Old 12-15-18, 04:24 PM
All Region

BaBa au Rum is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher 2.0 View Post
How would they have major issues.... it’s a lot of dc that took over programs with no head coaching experience. Look at Butler there HC was a dc with no HC experience... and him not getting WC Job is because steve talked bad about him.
I’m guessing you probably saw a lot of “red marks” on your papers...
Old 12-16-18, 02:58 PM
All District

HSfootballfan21 is on a distinguished road
Nothing is for certain but at this point it seems Channel has coached his last game for the Burg. Iím not sure what he can do to save his job but it certainly will take him showing so humility and asking for a second chance.
Old 12-17-18, 12:50 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSfootballfan21 View Post
Nothing is for certain but at this point it seems Channel has coached his last game for the Burg. Iím not sure what he can do to save his job but it certainly will take him showing so humility and asking for a second chance.
Did they let him go??
Old 12-17-18, 12:50 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaBa au Rum View Post
Iím guessing you probably saw a lot of ďred marksĒ on your papers...
I didnít know this was a writing class
Old 12-17-18, 01:28 PM
Junior Varsity

GGB974 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSfootballfan21 View Post
Looks like the kids and staff are back in the weight room and believe he held a staff meeting on Saturday. It does not appear at this point that he is going anywhere.

Secondly, I had to snicker when you used the word humility in reference to Channell.
Old 12-17-18, 03:00 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGB974 View Post
Looks like the kids and staff are back in the weight room and believe he held a staff meeting on Saturday. It does not appear at this point that he is going anywhere.

Secondly, I had to snicker when you used the word humility in reference to Channell.
I heard only four coaches showed up to the meeting. Not looking good for him if only four coaches showed up.
Old 12-22-18, 11:59 AM
Junior Varsity

Jgraves is on a distinguished road
Any news on Miamisburg and channell
Old 12-22-18, 03:33 PM
All District

fangwoc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgraves View Post
Any news on Miamisburg and channell
Community members are saying he was forced to resign on Friday!
Old 12-22-18, 08:21 PM
Varsity

Stitch69 is on a distinguished road
Burg

Where does Miamisburg go from here?
Old 12-22-18, 08:42 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch69 View Post
Where does Miamisburg go from here?
It will be a lot of guys applying for it. But I heard they want to stay with the wing-t so that cuts a lot of coaches out...
Old 12-23-18, 11:11 AM
All Region

HSFB is on a distinguished road
Is there going to be an official announcement of the resignation?
Old 12-23-18, 01:12 PM
All District

fangwoc is on a distinguished road
Next Head Coach...Earl White?
Old 12-23-18, 02:19 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangwoc View Post
Next Head Coach...Earl White?
He would be a strong hire, but will burg give him his years of teaching and he is the head wrestling coach. So if they canít match the money he is bring in I donít think that will happen.
Old 12-23-18, 02:24 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSFB View Post
Is there going to be an official announcement of the resignation?
He probably has to tell the team first. But Iím pretty sure some of the players already know....
Old 12-23-18, 02:39 PM
All District

HSsportfan is on a distinguished road
Earl White would be a great hire!!! So would Joel Derge!!! Not sure Derge would leave Tipp or want to. White wants out. Has applied for other openings this year. Either would be great if Burg still wants wing t type offense.
Old 12-23-18, 02:44 PM
All District

HSsportfan is on a distinguished road
Another great hire would be Lance Schneider. He deserves the opportunity. And the chance to kick Northmont’s rear end every year!!!!
Old 12-23-18, 03:57 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSsportfan View Post
Another great hire would be Lance Schneider. He deserves the opportunity. And the chance to kick Northmontís rear end every year!!!!
Lance wouldnít run wing t and that will be a NO..Joel is a good coach at Tipp I donít know how he will do there. They donít have the money to pay Earl...
Old 12-23-18, 04:38 PM
All Ohio

Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Lance wouldn’t run wing t and that will be a NO..Joel is a good coach at Tipp I don’t know how he will do there. They don’t have the money to pay Earl...
Derge is a great Wing T coach. Very underappreciated at Tipp where they were spoiled over the years going to so many playoffs against lessor competition in the CBC. Has done an outstanding job against teams that have bigger & more talented players overall since moving up to the GWOC. Don't think he would apply though.

Schneider would be my pick. Best coach out there at the moment. Eight GWOC Championships and State Playoffs in 16 years & should have been 9 if not for Springfield forfeiting some games one year. That's an average of a championship & playoff every other year for a career. Few if any can match that. To top it off he took over a Northmont program that had lost 22 straight games. Alter's Hall of Fame Coach, Domsek, could not buy a win at Northmont before him. Both his father Mike and Grandfather Hank who are in the Hall of Fame started their coaching careers at Miamisburg as did Lance. May be the winningest coaching family in Ohio HS history.

Last edited by Ballboy000; 12-23-18 at 06:46 PM.
Old 12-23-18, 05:06 PM
Freshman

NoNews is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by micketty View Post
wife stealer? really? cmon?
Start with Dutch Shoenberger from the Burg and get his thoughts on the matter. Guessing someone from Trenton can also relate. For you to question it shows your ignorance.
Old 12-23-18, 06:49 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballboy000 View Post
Derge is a great Wing T coach. Very underappreciated at Tipp where they were spoiled over the years going to so many playoffs against lessor competition in the CBC. Has done an outstanding job against teams that have bigger & more talented players overall since moving up to the GWOC. Don't think he would apply though.

Schneider would be my pick. Best coach out there at the moment. Eight GWOC Championships and State Playoffs in 16 years & should have been 9 if not for Springfield forfeiting some games one year. That's an average of a championship & playoff every other year for a career. Few if any can match that. To top it off he took over a Northmont program that had lost 22 straight games. Alter's Hall of Fame Coach, Domsek, could not buy a win at Northmont before him. Both his father Mike and Grandfather Hank who are in the Hall of Fame started their coaching careers at Miamisburg as did Lance. May be the winningest coaching family in Ohio history.
Yes his dad and grandfather in is there but he want run the wing-t and thatís what they want. Joel just maintained the program. Charlie played against some good teams in the playoffs while he was there. Joel havenít been to the playoffs like that since he took over. And Lance was giving kids steroid cream also so no one is going to take that chance on him...
Old 12-23-18, 06:49 PM
Varsity

wing-tcoach is on a distinguished road
Joel would be a solid candidate. You cannot find any character issues with him.
Old 12-23-18, 06:59 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by wing-tcoach View Post
Joel would be a solid candidate. You cannot find any character issues with him.
No he donít but every job isnít for everyone..... he also applied for jobs back to back while he was a tipp, so that means to me if your not happy why stay. You canít trust a person like that, who is using there job as a stepping stone for something else. He didnít want to play against the D1 schools and have to play against them every week I donít think he would last before he would try to get out just like Steve the home wrecker!!!!
Old 12-23-18, 07:07 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Yes his dad and grandfather in is there but he want run the wing-t and thatís what they want. Joel just maintained the program. Charlie played against some good teams in the playoffs while he was there. Joel havenít been to the playoffs like that since he took over. And Lance was giving kids steroid cream also so no one is going to take that chance on him...
Derge has been to the playoffs even though it is much harder to make it at the level of play he is up against versus the level of play that Tipp was at when playing in the CBC. Charlie is a great coach obviously, but also has a better talent pool at Troy than Derge has at Tipp. It is wrong to accuse people of things without first hand knowledge backed by proof. That is just plain slander.
Old 12-23-18, 07:11 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
No he don’t but every job isn’t for everyone..... he also applied for jobs back to back while he was a tipp, so that means to me if your not happy why stay. You can’t trust a person like that, who is using there job as a stepping stone for something else. He didn’t want to play against the D1 schools and have to play against them every week I don’t think he would last before he would try to get out just like Steve the home wrecker!!!!
Just because a coach test the waters to see what kind of offer they may entertain does not mean that they are not happy or looking to leave for any certain reason.
Old 12-23-18, 07:12 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballboy000 View Post
Just because a coach test the waters to see what kind of offer they may entertain does not mean that they are not happy or looking to leave for any certain reason.
Why test the waters if you donít want to leave???
Old 12-23-18, 07:24 PM
Varsity

wing-tcoach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No he donít but every job isnít for everyone..... he also applied for jobs back to back while he was a tipp, so that means to me if your not happy why stay. You canít trust a person like that, who is using there job as a stepping stone for something else. He didnít want to play against the D1 schools and have to play against them every week I donít think he would last before he would try to get out just like Steve the home wrecker!!!!
Your response to ďYou cannot find any character issuesď (in Joel Derge) is ďNo he donítĒ and then you take it to ďYou canít trust a person like thatĒ

Well-played. I have no rebuttal.
Old 12-23-18, 07:30 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Why test the waters if you don’t want to leave???
Why not? There are a lot of coaches that have left programs they are happy with for more money, less or better teaching assignments, assignments on the administrative side of the house, etc;. It's not always about the football side of the house. You never know unless you test the waters.

Last edited by Ballboy000; 12-23-18 at 07:51 PM.
Old 12-23-18, 08:40 PM
Junior Varsity

GGB974 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Why test the waters if you donít want to leave???
Probably why Burg Admin finally wiped their hands clean of the situation. Channell did not want to be at Burg, plain and simple. That was proven with Hamilton. I am hearing kids will be told tomorrow by him personally before lifting starts. Guessing this topic will blow up significantly once the parents find out.