Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-02-19, 12:01 AM
All District

PostOrPickScore is on a distinguished road
Copley King... are you referring to the player that left and went to Hoban as a freshman but was already back at Copley as a sophomore and then quit because the team wanted him to play on both sides of the ball.
If that is not the person you’re speaking of then I don’t know who you are referring to and guessing he is not as “skilled” as you believe him to be. FWIW I am very familiar with the situation in Copley.
Old 02-02-19, 07:19 AM
All American

Orangeman89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copley King View Post
No, I'm not talking about him and the fact that the Copley coach's wanted to put him on the line on offense is the reason he quit...If you know so much about Copley football how can you not know Hobans starting middle linebacker is from Copley the Super sophomore Damon Ollison and I didn't give him that name the media did... The kid was a amazing running back at the middle school and has lettered for Hoban the last two years as a linebacker.... His parents wouldn't let him attend to the high school because of the politics in Copley and parents and the BS that happen when he played for the middle school.... That's why I follow Hoban the kids a beast...
Damon Ollison has been everywhere, lol...
Ellet, Wadsworth, Copley, Hoban.
It's less about Copley and more about jumping to the next winner. If Hoban wasnt winning, Ollison wouldn't be there. Trust me, I know.
Old 02-02-19, 09:56 AM
All Ohio

Hitnrun is on a distinguished road
So let me get this right, a Copley player was asked to play both OL and D by the coach, obviously because the Copley OL was small and not very deep, and didn't like that idea, and elected to quit the team rather than do what his coach asked of him? No wonder Choinard resigned. If true, just very selfish attitude for any high school player to have, and the way the past two seasons have played out for Copley, apparently this kid wasn't the only player to put team first. Ridiculous.
Old 02-02-19, 11:28 AM
All American

Orangeman89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copley King View Post
Sound like your mad he's not at Ellet.... ��... Are you talking about Peewee or High School??? He's attended the middle school in Copley and still lives in Copley...What your saying sounds more like jealousy....Trust me,I know... All I was saying is the kids a good football player in the Copley area and what your saying has no relevance on my point at all.... You sounds like an adult hating on a 15 year old kid and his parents decisions... I've seen you comment on this kid in a negative way on more then this thread...What do you have against this kid???
I could care less about where the kid plays or his parents decisions, lets just be honest about it.
Ollison's situation isnt any different than a lot of kids in the area. It's all about chasing a winner. If Copley was on top he'd be at Copley. Quit making it about coaching.

We live in a society of ring chasing at all levels but the ring chasers dont like to admit it and come up with excuses (poor coaching, education, etc) to justify it.
Old 02-02-19, 01:09 PM
All District

Copley King is on a distinguished road
I want to apologize, this thread is not about a kid at Hoban its about the culture of Copley football and getting back to a winning situation... You mention Hoban and all the hate comes out....Wow... I just stated the kids good at football and lives in Copley....
Old 02-02-19, 03:07 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Would somebody just give up the ghost and say the guy's name so we can end the pi$$ing contest? LOL.
Old 02-03-19, 10:37 AM
All Ohio

Way to much drama re this, lol. In reality, does it really matter who or when it is? Most likely, the rumors have already spread thru the student body, so why not just ask one of them.
Old 02-06-19, 11:42 AM
All District

NEOballer is on a distinguished road
Jake Parsons is the new coach at Copley. Was DC at Strongsville.

https://twitter.com/MBeavenABJ/statu...84270833729539
Old 02-06-19, 12:37 PM
All Ohio

Interesting considering Copley's new AD also is from Strongsville.
Old 02-06-19, 12:41 PM
All District

bagobones is on a distinguished road
Congrats to Jake Parsons. Good guy, gets along well with the kids and is all football.
Old 02-06-19, 12:59 PM
All District

There were more than a couple reasons the announcement had to wait. None of which had anything to do with Parsons. Hearing Copley was thrilled to have him as an applicant and was a benefit that the AD knew him from his experience at Strongsville. He was seen at a boys basketball game before his official approval and is already building relationships. He has a long road ahead but hearing he has the support he needs to hang in there and get the job done.
Old 02-06-19, 01:11 PM
All District

coachrios is on a distinguished road
Great hire!! He will work hard and do well building relationships and developing and enhancing the program!
Old 02-06-19, 02:11 PM
All Ohio

JimmyOhio75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking forward to see what Coach Parsons can achieve at Copley!! Seems to be a good hire.
Old 02-06-19, 04:55 PM
All Ohio

Guess the new AD being from Strongsville, now along with the new coach, is merely a coincidence? Lets hope that isn't the case, as this program has had it's share of negative posts and complaints re the effect politics played into the demise of the program during the past few years. The success or failure of coach Parsons will now be directly tied to the AD's recommendation and ultimate decision to hire the coach, regardless if it's fair or not. We can only wish the new coach good luck, and hope all get behind him now.
Old 02-06-19, 05:58 PM
All Ohio

Just met Coach Parsons in the weight room at Copley. Seems like a great guy. Big dude too. Probably 6’6” and about 260. He will definitely command the players attention. Hoping for success on and off the field.
Old 02-06-19, 06:10 PM
All District

Hit.... the process included a lot more people than just the AD. Hearing 3 levels of interviews with some interviewers changing at each level. Final interviews involved people ranked above the AD so to suggest this was controlled by any one person couldn’t be farther from the truth. Also..... some previous coaches on staff had previous knowledge of him and spoke highly of him. Here’s to wishing him luck!!
Old 02-06-19, 07:26 PM
All World

SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Will the new coach have a teaching position in the high school or be on staff in some way?
Old 02-06-19, 07:44 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeYaSometime View Post
Will the new coach have a teaching position in the high school or be on staff in some way?
He will be a Phys Ed teacher at the high school. Copley has a current Phys Ed teacher that is retiring in June. Works out perfectly.
Old 02-06-19, 07:46 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostOrPickScore View Post
Hit.... the process included a lot more people than just the AD. Hearing 3 levels of interviews with some interviewers changing at each level. Final interviews involved people ranked above the AD so to suggest this was controlled by any one person couldn’t be farther from the truth. Also..... some previous coaches on staff had previous knowledge of him and spoke highly of him. Here’s to wishing him luck!!
Correct. The Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent were part of the interview panel, among others. This was definitely not a one person decision.
Old 02-07-19, 07:07 AM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagobones View Post
Congrats to Jake Parsons. Good guy, gets along well with the kids and is all football.
The kids loved him at McKinley,very nice guy with a lot of football knowledge to spread.
Old 02-07-19, 10:38 AM
All World

SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyOhio75 View Post
He will be a Phys Ed teacher at the high school. Copley has a current Phys Ed teacher that is retiring in June. Works out perfectly.
Thanks
Old 02-07-19, 04:16 PM
All District

bagobones is on a distinguished road
You will also likely see a Strength and Agility class the last period of the day that the football team will be expected to be enrolled in. Team gets their in season lifting performed that way.
Old 02-07-19, 05:02 PM
All District

Copley King is on a distinguished road
Congratulations to the new coach....I hear from some McKinley fans he's a good coach and should bring some diversity to the staff and should be able to keep talent in Copley....👍👏👏👏