Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-16-19, 11:52 AM
All American

the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
How about Ralph Orsini?
See Page 2 Post #32, this is a done deal. they are going through the motions.
Old 01-16-19, 02:33 PM
All Ohio

JimmyOhio75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Thanks Jimmy for the relevant info. Good to see you on Yappi.
Thanks Clark. Not hanging out at Yappi much these days.
Old 01-16-19, 03:29 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by the123kidz View Post
See Page 2 Post #32, this is a done deal. they are going through the motions.
I get it my friend. That comment was intended for one of our historically obsessive mini-Schefters.
Old 01-16-19, 04:56 PM
Junior Varsity

Bucksfan1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Information View Post
The same people that you asked will think Willie McGee is a competent Athletic Director. He has no idea what he is doing.
Mcgee is a train wreck. Totally incomptetent.he has dropped the ball several times at st v. The only reason he has a job is because of LeBron James and the fact that Carone is clueless.
Old 01-27-19, 08:02 PM
All District

frs1930 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thread has gone cold since The Gresco character stopped promoting himself with fake handles. Any real news with this opening? It’s been at least two months...
Old 01-28-19, 09:41 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by frs1930 View Post
Thread has gone cold since The Gresco character stopped promoting himself with fake handles. Any real news with this opening? Itís been at least two months...
I am hearing that they plan to announce the new coach by the end of this week. They have it narrowed down to 2 candidates.
Old 01-30-19, 07:17 AM
All District

PostOrPickScore is on a distinguished road
Copley has a coach.
Old 01-30-19, 08:18 AM
All Ohio

bass10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostOrPickScore View Post
Copley has a coach.
well thanks for the info?
Old 01-30-19, 04:10 PM
All Ohio

Copley has their man. He will be approved at the School Board meeting one week from today. I have been sworn to secrecy. IMO it sounds like they made a good choice although not the popular choice.
Old 01-30-19, 04:28 PM
All District

Copley King is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyOhio75 View Post
Copley has their man. He will be approved at the School Board meeting one week from today. I have been sworn to secrecy. IMO it sounds like they made a good choice although not the popular choice.
It doesn't matter they have no talent.... Two more of Copleys better kids transferred to East... Doesn't matter who the coach is Copley will be on the losing end of the of the suburban league for the next 4 to 5 years...
Old 01-30-19, 04:59 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copley King View Post
It doesn't matter they have no talent.... Two more of Copleys better kids transferred to East... Doesn't matter who the coach is Copley will be on the losing end of the of the suburban league for the next 4 to 5 years...
Not a lot of talent in the Suburban league period. Copley has just as much opportunity as any other suburban league team. A good coach should be able to win 6-7 games. Copley could use a little more size however.
Old 01-30-19, 05:07 PM
All Ohio

Hitnrun is on a distinguished road
"Sworn to secrecy"? You would think Copley was getting ready to hire Urban Meyer or something. I hope this new Copley school board has a ton of patience, as it's going to be a long road back to competitive football, regardless of who gets this job. Some of the few talented kids they had returning are already transferring out of the district.
Old 01-30-19, 06:35 PM
All World

SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
WHAT?? Who would leave Copley for Akron East? Does Copley have OE? Or were they living in Section 8 housing, if Copley District has that?
Old 01-30-19, 07:55 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeYaSometime View Post
WHAT?? Who would leave Copley for Akron East? Does Copley have OE? Or were they living in Section 8 housing, if Copley District has that?
Kids that want to win and not pay for private school.... Obviously you know nothing about the Copley team...
Old 01-30-19, 08:02 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyOhio75 View Post
Not a lot of talent in the Suburban league period. Copley has just as much opportunity as any other suburban league team. A good coach should be able to win 6-7 games. Copley could use a little more size however.
Barberton has tons of talent and Highland wasnt that bad.. I seen them play last year and Copley doesnt have enough talent to win 6 -7 games with Bill Belichick as coach.....
Old 01-30-19, 08:49 PM
All Region

Football Fan 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Barberton has tons of talent and Highland wasnt that bad.. I seen them play last year and Copley doesnt have enough talent to win 6 -7 games with Bill Belichick as coach.....
Barberton is a great example of what can happen at Copley. A good coach will turn the program around just like Gotto has done at Barberton. 2013...2014 Barberton was winning 2/3 games year. Gotto gets hired...gets involved...and theyíve been in the playoffs the last 2 seasons.

When Copley gets it turned around please donít get back on the bandwagon. You certainly havenít done anything to help the program and enjoy kicking the. When they are down. Probably should change your screen name as well. You certainly donít care about Copley or their football program. All you do is hate on them. Go cheer on your Hoban Knights and change your name to the Knight King.
Old 01-30-19, 09:31 PM
All District

Quote:
Better kids??? I donít want to mention kids names on this site so Iíll just say, ďever heard of addition by subtraction??Ē

C.C. Is a CANCER!! Terrible locker room kid.

J.W. Simply put... not a player. And his dad is a JOKE.

New coach is better off without those two jokers and their baggage. Good luck at East! Iím sure those transfers were for Ďacademicí reasons!
Old 01-30-19, 09:32 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostOrPickScore View Post
Copley has a coach.
@coachmrwatt25
Old 01-30-19, 09:46 PM
All Region

Football Fan 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
@coachmrwatt25
I don't think so.
Old 01-30-19, 09:47 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
It shouldn't be too much of a secret if it is going before the school board of a public school district.

As to kids transferring, they're not always a loss. Certainly, there are situations where talented kids leave and create a void. Just as often they are diva kids looking for attention or the kids of overbearing parents with no perspective on their kid's talent.
Old 01-30-19, 10:25 PM
Varsity

CaptainA is on a distinguished road
Need to get someone in here and get these boys in the weightroom and ready to play some ball!!!
Old 01-31-19, 12:52 AM
All World

SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Quote:
Kids that want to win and not pay for private school.... Obviously you know nothing about the Copley team...
You didn't answer my question. Only made an assumption with no foundation.

Did the kids move? Are they open enrolling to East? If so, will they be sitting out per ohsaa rules?
Old 01-31-19, 06:07 AM
All District

Not officially announced as school is waiting on confirmation of personnel positions/openings. As for kids transferring..... isnt it telling that someone would leave the CopleyFairlawn School system and enroll at East High School instead. Pretty sure the district doesnít see that happen very often.
Old 01-31-19, 08:01 AM
Varsity

Sean5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You didn't answer my question. Only made an assumption with no foundation.

Did the kids move? Are they open enrolling to East? If so, will they be sitting out per ohsaa rules?
Just a guess, but they never really lived in the Copley district to begin with.
Old 01-31-19, 08:43 AM
All Ohio

The main issue is that in fact, football interest among the kids/parents at Copley has been declining for awhile. Although numbers were low in past successful years, the team had enough talented kids, especially at the skill positions to be more than competitive. Now, as the numbers continue to dwindle, combined w/fewer and fewer talent in the skill positions. Copley, during successful seasons, seemed to always have that electric tailback, wr, & qb, who could score any time they touched the ball. That's just not the case anymore. What few talented skill kids they did have, are leaving the program. Often past Copley teams could score at will, often winning games in a shootout. The defense has always been suspect, and recently they have become worse. Coaching? Possibly, just didn't seem the team placed much emphasis on D. Now that the talent has moved on, & nobody is stepping up to replace those kids, the results have been what they are. Until interest is rekindled in Copley, things aren't going to change much, regardless of the coach. Sadly, Copley football has become the old Cloverleaf of the AL Suburban League. Just check that game down as a win when the schedule is released. Sad, but all to true.
Old 01-31-19, 12:23 PM
All Region

gatorade_1 is on a distinguished road
The new coach will be a good hire. He is hard working, great with kids, and can coach.
Old 01-31-19, 03:35 PM
All Ohio

The most recent coach also had those same qualities. Doubt you could find many kids who played for the guy say otherwise. Its the outside influences that forced the previous coach to resign, not the kids or coaches. I would hope any high school coach would have those basic qualities to begin with.
Old 01-31-19, 06:11 PM
All District

New coach has his hands full. I agree with Gatorade about the new coach. Administration was disappointed that Coach C resigned it it is what it is. Hitnruns perspective is interesting and somewhat but not entirely accurate. 1) Copley has not lost ďskillĒ players or any players to speak of to other schools in the last few years. 2) players, to some extent were part of the issue 3) an assistant was also part of the issue. I am certain the new coach will be given every opportunity as well as support and patience from the administration to get the program turned around. If people are expecting a quick turnaround they will be disappointed. I would be looking 3 years down the road before noticeable improvement occurs.
Old 01-31-19, 09:46 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan 1 View Post
Barberton is a great example of what can happen at Copley. A good coach will turn the program around just like Gotto has done at Barberton. 2013...2014 Barberton was winning 2/3 games year. Gotto gets hired...gets involved...and theyíve been in the playoffs the last 2 seasons.

When Copley gets it turned around please donít get back on the bandwagon. You certainly havenít done anything to help the program and enjoy kicking the. When they are down. Probably should change your screen name as well. You certainly donít care about Copley or their football program. All you do is hate on them. Go cheer on your Hoban Knights and change your name to the Knight King.
Well, I don't hate on Copley I'm just speaking the truth...And yes I'm a Copley fan that happens to support Knights because they happen to have a Copley kid on the team... Can you please tell me one thing I've said that's not true and honest about the team or the parents in Copley...😨
Old 01-31-19, 09:52 PM
All District

Quote:
Better kids??? I donít want to mention kids names on this site so Iíll just say, ďever heard of addition by subtraction??Ē

C.C. Is a CANCER!! Terrible locker room kid.

J.W. Simply put... not a player. And his dad is a JOKE.

New coach is better off without those two jokers and their baggage. Good luck at East! Iím sure those transfers were for Ďacademicí reasons!
C.C is a great kid and a good football player, I've seen that kid practicing in the off season to get better and to make that team better and J.W. is solid on the field and the kid seem to like to pla y with him.... the dad I don't know that much about...