Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-11-19, 10:14 AM
All Region

NBC 1988 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOsportsfan09 View Post
I'm just taking an educated guess here, but like boomersooner85 said in the most recent post, I don't think the coaching change is the sole reason for the transfers. I believe a lot of it has to do with the levy.

Say you're a kid that open enrolls at WB. Then, a wave of unknowns comes to the surface. New coach, new pay to participate policy, and many others. Some of these families may decide to go back to "the home school district" and not have to deal with pay to participate in not only athletics, but other school activities as well. They may be looking at this as what would be the difference between a new coach at WB and my child going to "home district" with a coach there that would be new to my kid as well? No pay to participate. Plus, if busing was a plus for a family, and high school busing is taken away like it is at WB now, what's the difference between open enrolling a child at a neighboring school district and staying at WB? Not having to pay to participate in athletics and/or extracurricular activities.

I believe this is bigger than just some transferring for a coaching change, but this is just my educated guess. I have no kids, not married, but someone that has been in the area of this conference's schools for a long time, so I know families at some of these schools, WB included.
That makes perfect sense. I can see how that would weigh on the decision. Education and being part of a stable district is much more important than football.
Old 02-11-19, 10:18 AM
All Region

NBC 1988 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomersooner85 View Post
Warrior333: Many of those boys transferring at the junior high level (8th grade) are not a result of the coaching change but rather uncertainty with the levy and from a lack of playing time. One of those students has a high ceiling and is possibly transferring out for to pursue bigger opportunties. With the issues at the 7th grade level (lack of numbers) there would be natural concern for the future. Everything hinges on this levy without a doubt.
The inability to pass a levy makes sense. Lets hope the school and community can get together, find common ground and get something done. After years of playing against west branch and observing them after the playing days- one thing that stands out is a prideful community.