Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-19-18, 03:41 PM
Cooling Off

The Marlboro Man is on a distinguished road
Who cares about West Branch. Boys from Marlboro and Lexington township will still own you for years to come.
Old 12-19-18, 04:54 PM
All American

hitme is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sport View Post
dedicated to what? a program without a head coach, any assistants, or a direction of what's next?

Their own self improvement as an athlete.
Old 12-19-18, 09:27 PM
All Region

warrior333 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Marlboro Man View Post
Who cares about West Branch. Boys from Marlboro and Lexington township will still own you for years to come.
Perhaps you better take a look in that crystal ball again . Your up coming talent level is non existent . You teams will struggle from 2020-2023 , just saying every duke fan knows this just the revolution of talent every decade
Old 12-19-18, 09:29 PM
All District

Toms0655 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior333 View Post
Perhaps you better take a look in that crystal ball again . Your up coming talent level is non existent . You teams will struggle from 2020-2023 , just saying every duke fan knows this just the revolution of talent every decade
Correct...This might be the first time Iíve ever agreed with you hahaha😂😂😳
Old 12-19-18, 09:59 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms0655 View Post
Correct...This might be the first time I’ve ever agreed with you hahaha������
���� That’s the truth , but always fun tossing the knife back an forth.
I do think that your freshman Qb could be suscessful in a few years. Mechanics were good .Need to bulk him up quite a bit, little slender right now.

Last edited by warrior333; 12-19-18 at 10:59 PM. Reason: .
Old 12-19-18, 10:04 PM
Cooling Off

The crystal ball says who pays attention to junior high football. It’s all about getting reps for the boys. I’ll be excited when the boys take over late in the 4th quarter because our boys lift weights while clearly the young men of Beloit and Damascus do not.
Old 12-19-18, 10:44 PM
All Region

Quote:
The crystal ball says who pays attention to junior high football. It’s all about getting reps for the boys. I’ll be excited when the boys take over late in the 4th quarter because our boys lift weights while clearly the young men of Beloit and Damascus do not.
Crystal ball, I should’ve said your crystal meth , whose talking about JR high football ? Put away your pipe.

Last edited by warrior333; 12-19-18 at 10:46 PM. Reason: .
Old 12-19-18, 10:52 PM
All District

MINFAN is on a distinguished road
West Branch D.J. Dota out as head varsity football coach

Quote:

Marlboro Man will disappear if marlington goes 5-5 next year- as I understand it they have a weak sophomore class - i wonder how good they will be next year. Although their junior class is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-18, 10:58 PM
Cooling Off

I’m not going anywhere. I’ve lived in Marlboro my whole life and I’m excited to watch our boys play ball this fall.
Old 12-19-18, 11:02 PM
All District

Toms0655 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINFAN View Post
Marlboro Man will disappear if marlington goes 5-5 next year- as I understand it they have a weak sophomore class - i wonder how good they will be next year. Although their junior class is good.

Marlboro man doesnít speak for all of us Marlington posters..dude is a troll and is literally taking shots at all the local schools....that being said there is no chance that Marlington goes 5-5 next year... they have a lot of talent in next years senior class and there is 2/3 kids in the upcoming junior class that can contribute...cupboards arenít bare yet...they will have a tough couple years after next year but I think they will still compete
Old 12-19-18, 11:04 PM
All Region

Quote:
Iím not going anywhere. Iíve lived in Marlboro my whole life and Iím excited to watch our boys play ball this fall.
Glad to hear an just think Someday you maybe able to get a job at the Hartville Kitchen. Short drive from Marlboro.
Old 12-19-18, 11:06 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Marlboro man doesnít speak for all of us Marlington posters..dude is a troll and is literally taking shots at all the local schools....that being said there is no chance that Marlington goes 5-5 next year... they have a lot of talent in next years senior class and there is 2/3 kids in the upcoming junior class that can contribute...cupboards arenít bare yet...they will have a tough couple years after next year but I think they will still compete
A fellow duke in the high court. The cupboard isnít bare Tom you are correct. I think we have enough talent to compete at an elite level to challenge the pilots
Old 12-19-18, 11:47 PM
All District

Quote:

I Agree 100%. No way they go 5-5. Stay clean in NC games and week 10 will be a heck of a showdown!

Old 12-20-18, 12:06 AM
All World

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
If they still play Poland they’ll likely lose again
Old 12-20-18, 12:12 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
If they still play Poland theyíll likely lose again

Could be, even though Marlboro Moron is annoying, Marlington will have a lot of talent. Alliance will present a challenge if they play Poland..both teams will be pretty good..

Old 12-20-18, 02:22 AM
All World

Should be, alliance hasn’t faired too well outside of the conference last year, granted Hubbard and Canfield were state contenders and Poland was really good on defense, I would like nothing more then to see alliance beat Poland tho
Old 12-20-18, 05:48 AM
Varsity

CaptainA is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Glad to hear an just think Someday you maybe able to get a job at the Hartville Kitchen. Short drive from Marlboro.
Whats wrong with earning an honest paycheck?
Old 12-20-18, 07:51 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
And just think someday youíre little tomahawk tribe will beat the Dukes. The past 10 years have been rough for you. Iím excited to watch our boys play this fall.
Old 12-20-18, 08:04 AM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
what do you think the timeline will be in setting a new coach up?

will existing staff be utilized?

any front runners for the job?
Old 12-20-18, 08:51 AM
All Ohio

COACH_XYZ&12345 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
what do you think the timeline will be in setting a new coach up?

will existing staff be utilized?

any front runners for the job?
I believe West Branch is going to conduct interviews through January. I checked the OHSAA job operning site the other day looking at the Lousville postings and come across West Branch's posting. At least that was what it said originally, all could change, if the right candidate comes along.
Old 12-20-18, 09:47 AM
All Region

savage4president
Quote:
Old 12-20-18, 10:04 AM
All Region

NBC 1988 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH_XYZ&12345 View Post
I believe West Branch is going to conduct interviews through January. I checked the OHSAA job operning site the other day looking at the Lousville postings and come across West Branch's posting. At least that was what it said originally, all could change, if the right candidate comes along.
its going to be interested with the 4 local teams having openings.
Old 12-20-18, 12:02 PM
All District

West Branch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Kind of like how WB had beaten Marlington for 25 or 26 years straight? Yes, I know that I may live in the past but remember that the Warriors past was much better than the Dukes's present or future!!

Last edited by West Branch; 12-20-18 at 12:03 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-20-18, 12:19 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
Should be, alliance hasnít faired too well outside of the conference last year, granted Hubbard and Canfield were state contenders and Poland was really good on defense, I would like nothing more then to see alliance beat Poland tho
No excuses but Alliance was really inexperienced and play one heck of a schedule but they did improve. Plus the EBC was not a good conference last year. Not near the caliber of Mahoning and Trumbell county teams.

I really think Alliance is the only team in the EBC that will be able to compete with Girard, Canfield, Hubbard, Poland, Liberty, etc. in the next few years.
Old 12-20-18, 12:40 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Branch View Post
Kind of like how WB had beaten Marlington for 25 or 26 years straight? Yes, I know that I may live in the past but remember that the Warriors past was much better than the Dukes's present or future!!
If I wanted to watch the history channel I would. I lived through all those years. Jim Laut must be sick to his stomach knowing the Warriors canít beat the Dukes anymore.
Old 12-20-18, 12:55 PM
All Region

Being a sub 500 team is why WB made the move- if they make the right hire WB will be back and Marlboro Man will go away. I don't think they said, "Gee, we can beat the Dukes so we may as well fire the coach"

West Branch was the benchmark in the 90s, Louisville until they were left out of the league and now Alliance is the team to chase. No disrespect to Marlington but they are not the team to chase. They do have a good program but it's Alliance's league now.
Old 12-20-18, 01:07 PM
Cooling Off

I’m not going anywhere. I’m here to stay.
Old 12-20-18, 10:59 PM
All World

Where was this guy all of last year? His parents but him a computer or smart phone?
Old 12-21-18, 08:58 AM
All Region

Minerva got their coach, Marlington got their coach. There were a lot of very good applicants that may be a good fit at WB.. I hope you guys find the right guy soon..
Old 12-21-18, 11:44 AM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
The news reported a big disagreement last night at the board meeting in west branch