Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-23-18, 01:27 PM
All Region

Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby77 View Post
Because someone thought it was cute to make a reference about Hoban recruiting a good player from Manchester.
Bobby, that's old news.
Old 12-23-18, 03:22 PM
Varsity

Information is on a distinguished road
Bobbyboy is that what they say at Hoban? Are you sure the BOD had no involvement of bullying or dictating his resignation?
Old 01-29-19, 08:39 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngguy View Post
Hettich's Senior Year highlights.
I read on Twitter this morning that Hettich has committed to Ashland. Good choice for the young man.
Old 01-30-19, 12:48 PM
All American

Stizostedion
I am hearing from friends in College Park that Maryland is about to offer Wright. They project him as a slot type receiver, returner, or DB. They think he can be coached up and has the frame to add a few more pounds. I saw him play for the first time in the playoff game against Orrville. I was impressed but thought the RB from Orrville showed plenty of promise too.
Old 01-30-19, 03:21 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizostedion View Post
I am hearing from friends in College Park that Maryland is about to offer Wright. They project him as a slot type receiver, returner, or DB. They think he can be coached up and has the frame to add a few more pounds. I saw him play for the first time in the playoff game against Orrville. I was impressed but thought the RB from Orrville showed plenty of promise too.
Wright has received numerous offers in the last week or per Twitter. Rutgers and Northwestern and Duke this week. I do believe that he may have received one from Maryland earlier, but am not sure. He has a very good athlete, but is rough around the edges on both sides of the ball.

Hettich will do well at Ashland with solid coaching.

The 3rd player being recruited is Johnson. The rumor is he has decided to forego baseball and pursue football and has received 4 offers on the D3 level.
Old 01-30-19, 03:54 PM
All District

DCoach47 is on a distinguished road
From somebody who saw Wright firsthand, he is a legit D1 athlete. If he is to be a RB, he could play at a MAC school that has a high-powered offense, like Toledo. But, I think he is probably better off playing some type of slot receiver for one of the bigger schools.

IMO I do not think he is blue-blood big, AKA Ohio State or Michigan, Bama, USC, schools like that. But anywhere else? I think it's fair game
Old 01-30-19, 04:31 PM
All American

the123kidz is on a distinguished road
I don't think he sees the offensive side of the ball in college at a D-1. I've been watching him for awhile and I think he will play defense in college as a safety. Where ever he goes and whatever he plays as a position he will do great.
Old 01-30-19, 06:22 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by the123kidz View Post
I don't think he sees the offensive side of the ball in college at a D-1. I've been watching him for awhile and I think he will play defense in college as a safety. Where ever he goes and whatever he plays as a position he will do great.
Good assessment, however he needs work on his coverage skills. Tackling is fine, but gets beat more than he should. He will be fine because he is an athlete.
Old 01-31-19, 08:17 PM
All World

TopCat is on a distinguished road
It's impressive when any college is interested. When you have academically prestigious schools like Duke and Vandy offering you scholarships, I think you have to look at them very seriously. Playing in college is a gift, playing after college is a rarity. A degree from one of those two schools can set you up for life. Just something to think about.
Old 02-01-19, 01:26 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
It's impressive when any college is interested. When you have academically prestigious schools like Duke and Vandy offering you scholarships, I think you have to look at them very seriously. Playing in college is a gift, playing after college is a rarity. A degree from one of those two schools can set you up for life. Just something to think about.
True, but from what I hear, he won't end up at either place.
Old 02-03-19, 12:19 PM
All American

Stizostedion
Quote:
True, but from what I hear, he won't end up at either place.
I am hearing he wants OSU. At least that is what my Maryland friends who are recruiting him say.
Old 02-03-19, 03:38 PM
All Region

Quote:
I am hearing he wants OSU. At least that is what my Maryland friends who are recruiting him say.
I do not think they have offered him yet.
Old 02-06-19, 03:51 PM
All American

Stizostedion
Quote:
I do not think they have offered him yet.
I have heard from my sources inside the U of Maryland program that he has made two unofficial visits to OSU. An official visit is supposed to be in the works and so could an offer. He has made official visits to Duke, Vanderbilt, Akron, Northwestern, Rutgers, Toledo, and Iowa State. He has offers from all of those. Maryland, UVa, Pitt, Kentucky, Memphis, Va Tech, Boston College, Cinci, Indiana, Syracuse, and every school in the MAC are expected to offer. If he does not get the OSU offer he likes Northwestern or Akron. A lot can and will change between now and when he signs.
Old 02-06-19, 04:20 PM
All Region

Quote:
I have heard from my sources inside the U of Maryland program that he has made two unofficial visits to OSU. An official visit is supposed to be in the works and so could an offer. He has made official visits to Duke, Vanderbilt, Akron, Northwestern, Rutgers, Toledo, and Iowa State. He has offers from all of those. Maryland, UVa, Pitt, Kentucky, Memphis, Va Tech, Boston College, Cinci, Indiana, Syracuse, and every school in the MAC are expected to offer. If he does not get the OSU offer he likes Northwestern or Akron. A lot can and will change between now and when he signs.
He goes back to OSU next month and UM, MSU and NW next month. He is deciding in May.
Old 02-08-19, 07:56 AM
All World

TopCat is on a distinguished road
This should provide some insight into where things stand for now. https://247sports.com/Article/Duke-N...FQnnmqfy3pbeAc
Old 02-12-19, 06:13 PM
All Region

Quote:
Johnson announced today that he has committed Baldwin-Wallace. Good luck to this multi-talented young man. He and Hettich are the only players from Manchester to commit to play at the next level.
Old 02-12-19, 08:03 PM
All Ohio

Nino Brown is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
This should provide some insight into where things stand for now. https://247sports.com/Article/Duke-N...FQnnmqfy3pbeAc
I like this player. I hope he does not over shoot. Plenty of players better than him have been lost on the bench at the BIG SCHOOLS. My advice, which is not worth a lick, if he does not see himself as a top pick (3 rounds) in the NFL , in two years, he might want to stay away from them. Find his fit. Get bigger, stronger faster and play early.
Old 02-13-19, 06:19 PM
All American

the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Johnson announced today that he has committed Baldwin-Wallace. Good luck to this multi-talented young man. He and Hettich are the only players from Manchester to commit to play at the next level.
This is a great pick by Johnson. He can contribute early in this program. As a BW alumni who's son has competed against Johnson the last 2 years I am glad he will be on team that I pull for now. YJFL!
Old 02-13-19, 07:01 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by the123kidz View Post
This is a great pick by Johnson. He can contribute early in this program. As a BW alumni who's son has competed against Johnson the last 2 years I am glad he will be on team that I pull for now. YJFL!
From what I have heard, it came down to John Carroll and BW with Wooster 3rd. He decommitted to Mount Union Baseball.
Old 02-13-19, 09:15 PM
All Ohio

Nino Brown is on a distinguished road
Quote:
From what I have heard, it came down to John Carroll and BW with Wooster 3rd. He decommitted to Mount Union Baseball.
Just throwing this out there. D3 there is no commiting . You go to their school and if your GPA is this and ACT is that you get money off. Their is no letter of letter of intent. I fell bad for those kids that pose with a blank piece of paper in front of their coaches and families and say...wooot i just commited to Such and such.
Old 02-14-19, 08:54 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino Brown View Post
Just throwing this out there. D3 there is no commiting . You go to their school and if your GPA is this and ACT is that you get money off. Their is no letter of letter of intent. I fell bad for those kids that pose with a blank piece of paper in front of their coaches and families and say...wooot i just commited to Such and such.
FYI, I'm sure there are others who feel that this IS a big deal.

NCAA Division III Celebratory Signing Form
The NCAA Division III membership voted to approve the use of a “non-binding standardized celebratory form” which can be signed by a prospect after the prospect has been accepted to a Division III institution. While the use of the form will be optional, only a standardized form provided by the NCAA will be permissible for a “signing ceremony.”

The “non-binding celebratory form” was recommended and approved because of the increasing popularity of signing ceremonies at high schools when prospects sign a National Letter of Intent or athletic scholarship agreement with an NCAA Division I or II university on their “signing day.” Because Division III colleges don’t offer athletic scholarships, Division III recruits were often left to sign only a blank piece of paper, or an admission agreement with the Division III institution.

This form gives prospects the ability to celebrate their admittance to a Division III institution while continuing their education and participation in collegiate athletics.

The celebratory signing form below is produced and sponsored by the NCAA.

Last edited by Youngguy; 02-14-19 at 10:32 PM.
Old 02-14-19, 09:48 PM
All District

Grendel is on a distinguished road
Sounds like Youngguy has the insiders information on this Johnson kid! lol
Old 02-15-19, 07:58 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
Sounds like Youngguy has the insiders information on this Johnson kid! lol
I know a couple of parents whose sons signed this LOI the last few years and they allowed me to copy it and share for those who doubt that it exists. I don't understand why anyone would belittle it and the player by posting such stuff.
Old 02-15-19, 10:26 AM
Junior Varsity

Fan22 is on a distinguished road
It’s his grandpa
Old 02-15-19, 10:36 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan22 View Post
Itís his grandpa
I find that funny. I know his grandpa and he tells me people keep asking him if youngguy is him. Even the coaches accused him of being youngguy.. I am not his grandpa. LOL.