Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-03-19, 04:40 AM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Still no game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-03-19, 03:53 PM
All World

Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Look for an week off......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Still no game.

If we keep lollygagging, there won't be any game.
Even a Toledo Scott won't be available.

Typical feet dragging when it comes to scheduling in Struthers.

I don't know the lady, but she's not proactive in getting our schedule finalized for this year. Never even tried contacting StC. What's left on ohsaa.org just isn't gonna work because of distance or not a conducive matchup. (Too big or too small)

I can honestly see an open date.

Old 02-03-19, 05:11 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Struthersfan View Post
If we keep lollygagging, there won't be any game.
Even a Toledo Scott won't be available.

Typical feet dragging when it comes to scheduling in Struthers.

I don't know the lady, but she's not proactive in getting our schedule finalized for this year. Never even tried contacting StC. What's left on ohsaa.org just isn't gonna work because of distance or not a conducive matchup. (Too big or too small)

I can honestly see an open date.

Iím guessing they have something up their sleeve. Week 2 is supposed to be the debut of the new turf so.....

Honestly if she donít get a game she has to go. Thatís going to cost the school some good money missing a home game.

Old 02-03-19, 11:25 PM
All World

Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
I get what you're saying Spread.

Week Two is generally gorgeous weather. A packed house at Struthers Stadium.
Would seriously be a shame if we ended with a bye week. A HUGE financial loss to the program.

They'd have to have her head for a stunt like that.
I hope we're wrong about this.
Old 02-04-19, 02:26 AM
All World

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Seems like everything is hush hush at this point, they either have a game set and just arnt saying anything, or they won’t have one if you ask me that’s where it’s at
Old 02-04-19, 11:02 AM
Freshman

Struthersfan00 is on a distinguished road
Looking forward to seeing a lot of struthers games this year, 11 returning aac 1st team and 2nd team athletes, lots of potential with this senior group. They have been an up and coming group to watch. Hawkins should be the qb, brown at tailback, hall and ryan if he plays. The line should be dominant the way I see it with 4 seniors and a junior. Offense should be a powerhouse and the defense should be stout, would be a big year for tomko if he stays healthy. All in all this cats team has the team to go deep into the playoffs
Old 02-07-19, 07:54 PM
All American

BTrev is on a distinguished road
A bye in week 2 shouldn't be tolerated... whoever is responsible for that should be brought to terms.

Cats lose a single game and they're likely not even a top 4 seed... 2 losses would put them on the bubble again.
I don't foresee many losses this year... 6-3 at worst, based on the current schedule. I'd confidently take the over on that, though.
Hopefully they have something in the works for week 2.
Old 02-07-19, 08:00 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Iím guessing they have something up their sleeve. Week 2 is supposed to be the debut of the new turf so.....

Honestly if she donít get a game she has to go. Thatís going to cost the school some good money missing a home game.

Wouldn't week 1 be the debut of the new turf/stadium?
The Lakeside game is at home...
Old 02-07-19, 09:02 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Struthersfan00 View Post
Looking forward to seeing a lot of struthers games this year, 11 returning aac 1st team and 2nd team athletes, lots of potential with this senior group. They have been an up and coming group to watch. Hawkins should be the qb, brown at tailback, hall and ryan if he plays. The line should be dominant the way I see it with 4 seniors and a junior. Offense should be a powerhouse and the defense should be stout, would be a big year for tomko if he stays healthy. All in all this cats team has the team to go deep into the playoffs
I agree. Basically the entire offense this year was either 1st or 2nd team All AAC last year.

QB: Hawkins - 1st team DB
FB: Tomko - 1st team LB
RB: Brown - 1st team DB
WR: Ryan - 1st team Athlete
WR: Hall - 1st team WR
TE: Serrano - 1st team DL
LT: Walker - 1st team OL
LG: Sekol - 2nd team DL
C: Felleti - 2nd team OL
RG: ?
RT: Vlosich - 1st team OL

I really like the backfield... Hawkins has been backing up Hall the last couple years, and couldn't have played better when he went in for JD last year. And there's a lot of depth at FB and RB... Cummings, Donnadio, the Marshalls, etc. Plus Hawkins can scramble for yards and carry on designed keepers.
Ryan and Hall were great surprises last year... who do you think fills Caldwell's role this year? They should have talent... Durken, Peterson, etc. Think we see less 11 and 10 personnel and more 21 and 22 personnel with more of a commitment to the ground game?
The OL will be dominant, barring any serious injuries... Iarussi going down was a big set back a couple years ago.
Who's the 4th Senior you have starting, presumably at RG? Lucente?
Old 02-07-19, 09:32 PM
All American

Defensively, there are a few more holes to fill, but not many. The pieces are in place.

DE: Serrano
DT: Walker
DT: Vlosich
DE: Sekol
ILB: Tomko
ILB: Cummings
OLB: ?
CB: ?
FS: Hawkins
SS: Brown

The DL basically returns in full... I think Sekol probably played more DT than DE, with Kistler book ending Serrano last year. And they'll need guys to step up to rotate in for the starters to keep everyone fresh.
Not sure what they do at OLB... they need someone to step up, either at OLB or at ILB next to Tomko... which would let Cummings take over the Burnside role.
They lose both corners from last year, but they should have guys ready to fill in. Hall, Peterson, Durken, Norberg, etc. Maybe Hawkins sees less time on defense if he's the starting QB? Wouldn't hurt... especially against the weaker competition.
Old 02-08-19, 05:20 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTrev View Post
Defensively, there are a few more holes to fill, but not many. The pieces are in place.

DE: Serrano
DT: Walker
DT: Vlosich
DE: Sekol
ILB: Tomko
ILB: Cummings
OLB: ?
FS: Hawkins
SS: Brown

The DL basically returns in full... I think Sekol probably played more DT than DE, with Kistler book ending Serrano last year. And they'll need guys to step up to rotate in for the starters to keep everyone fresh.
Not sure what they do at OLB... they need someone to step up, either at OLB or at ILB next to Tomko... which would let Cummings take over the Burnside role.
They lose both corners from last year, but they should have guys ready to fill in. Hall, Peterson, Durken, Norberg, etc. Maybe Hawkins sees less time on defense if he's the starting QB? Wouldn't hurt... especially against the weaker competition.

I think Hawkins will be the muzz this season. Kid ainít comin off the field haha.
RG- Lucente I would think.
The other receiver Iím thinking is durkin. They also got a kid in from lowelville for the second time in three years. He started at loweville last year. Donít know if heíll play much. Also that Peterson kid will play too. Hopefully Ryan plays again. Hall will be the X factor I think.

also I thought lakeside was away but Iím probably wrong.

Old 02-08-19, 05:23 AM
All Yappi

Ok yeah so lakeside is at home. Gives them even less time to prepare the field than I thought.

Old 02-08-19, 06:16 AM
All World

Moton will probably be a corner and durkin as well if healthy. 8 should be back as well so he will be in the mix as well. I know it isn’t a popular thing being said around town, but Ryan is not a D1 basketball talent even tho he has a ysu offer, he realistically has a way bigger football ceiling then hoops. Again not the most popular thing to say but the most obvious
Old 02-08-19, 06:18 AM
All World

Another thin while I’m on here, I think 7 wins is secured to get in this year, Wb is good for at least 4 wins with their schedule, lakeside at least 3, that’s already more then Campbell Edgewood and Jefferson gave us combined. Girard hopefully wins a couple but 2 is probably where they will be depending on their non conference.
Old 02-08-19, 12:25 PM
All District

NEohioFB is on a distinguished road
Not coming here to stir anything up. Definitely bring a lot of talent back this year, and I stated that on the NE8 thread, but too much weight is being put on "All-Conference". We're talking about Edgewood, Jefferson, Lakeview and a 'ehh' Niles team. But I'm not sure if we all know what exactly "All-Conference" means. Hubbard won the division so they get the most nominee's, say 12. Then Struthers gets 11. So on and so forth. Some of the players that Hubbard and Struthers put up for AC are probably just shoe-ins. Again, I think Struthers is going to be successful, but I wouldn't put too much thought into the AC talk.
Old 02-08-19, 01:06 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEohioFB View Post
Not coming here to stir anything up. Definitely bring a lot of talent back this year, and I stated that on the NE8 thread, but too much weight is being put on "All-Conference". We're talking about Edgewood, Jefferson, Lakeview and a 'ehh' Niles team. But I'm not sure if we all know what exactly "All-Conference" means. Hubbard won the division so they get the most nominee's, say 12. Then Struthers gets 11. So on and so forth. Some of the players that Hubbard and Struthers put up for AC are probably just shoe-ins. Again, I think Struthers is going to be successful, but I wouldn't put too much thought into the AC talk.

Struthers had 17. Only 11 return. Which is a lot.

Old 02-14-19, 09:53 AM
Freshman

Struthersfan00 is on a distinguished road
Lakeside is home, no news on the week 2 game which is unfortunate, AD better get it together. We would hate to see this team get handicapped with only 9 games this year. With that being said, the rest of the games scheduled can easily be won. Toughest games I can see being are Hubbard, South Range, and Poland; none of them will even be any good this season so sky is the limit
Old 02-14-19, 10:35 AM
Junior Varsity

sbfan10 is on a distinguished road
So what you are saying is struthers will be 10-0 or 9-0 this year because the 3 toughest aren't even any good
Old 02-14-19, 03:38 PM
All Ohio

HubCapper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Struthersfan00 View Post
Lakeside is home, no news on the week 2 game which is unfortunate, AD better get it together. We would hate to see this team get handicapped with only 9 games this year. With that being said, the rest of the games scheduled can easily be won. Toughest games I can see being are Hubbard, South Range, and Poland; none of them will even be any good this season so sky is the limit

Thanks
Old 02-14-19, 09:15 PM
All World

It’s Hubbard being the toughest and most meaningful for a league title and Poland being the most meaningful in terms of morale. South range should be good but there not going to be on the same level as the other 2 yet
Old 02-14-19, 09:17 PM
All World

Hubbard will get more production out of the upcoming QB then Daniels was as a qb. If their athletes stay healthy they are the toughest challenge for anyone, to say teams arnt gonna be any good is just dumb
Old 02-14-19, 09:21 PM
All Yappi

Wonít say Hubbard will be bad. They have a lot of talent there. Theyíll be a playoff team and that game will decide the conference. South Range is the ? We will see how they are when they play a decent team every week.

Old 02-15-19, 12:41 AM
All District

Alliance1 is on a distinguished road
Looking at the Schedules made by eagle fan, New Philadelphia has an opening week 2. That would be a great game for Struthers
Old 02-15-19, 01:06 AM
All World

wghfan is on a distinguished road
Has the Struthers AD even tried to work out anything with Akron East for week 2?
Old 02-15-19, 03:35 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by wghfan View Post
Has the Struthers AD even tried to work out anything with Akron East for week 2?
Canít give you a 100 percent answer, but probably not sheís literally clueless
Old 02-15-19, 09:01 AM
All World

wghfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
Canít give you a 100 percent answer, but probably not sheís literally clueless
I seen Akron East, is still open on the OSHAA website. The coach or AD's email is right on there to contact. Doesn't sound too difficult.
Old 02-15-19, 09:56 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wghfan View Post
I seen Akron East, is still open on the OSHAA website. The coach or AD's email is right on there to contact. Doesn't sound too difficult.

It is for her