Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-11-19, 09:32 PM
All American

yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblotter56 View Post
Who is your brother then (you said two younger brothers in the past), and your mom that teaches in the district and you not Roberts who is the only Tipp athlete that was on the Wilmington team for two years before quitting? Even if you had a brother in high school there is no way you would know all the details through this process.

You are making Tipp look bad and are definitely part of the problem that the new coach will be facing.
Kicker
Old 02-11-19, 09:34 PM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakyak View Post
This is really good for my vb. Tipp is still going to stay tipp , Troy is now worse. VB has a shot ( starting in 2020)

I worry again if Troy gets wright or carter. That would push them right back up.
Troy is still the favorite until proven otherwise. Burgbacher was a great coach, there is no doubt about it. Certainly appreciate what he did for Troy, just wish it was a little longer. I will never tell someone what to do with their life or career, so I wish him well. But heís going to learn quickly that he made a mistake when these 2 play.

To touch on your point though, Troy is going to be a little down next year anyway no matter who coaches. They lose a lot. Add that to a new coach and it could be a growing year. But again, Champs until proven otherwise.

Anxiously awaiting to see who they hire.
Old 02-11-19, 09:36 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyTrojan05 View Post
Troy is still the favorite until proven otherwise. Burgbacher was a great coach, there is no doubt about it. Certainly appreciate what he did for Troy, just wish it was a little longer. I will never tell someone what to do with their life or career, so I wish him well. But heís going to learn quickly that he made a mistake when these 2 play.

To touch on your point though, Troy is going to be a little down next year anyway no matter who coaches. They lose a lot. Add that to a new coach and it could be a growing year. But again, Champs until proven otherwise.

Anxiously awaiting to see who they hire.
I think there younger classes are really good.
Old 02-11-19, 09:41 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
If Tipp actually created an AD-caliber paying admin job for him, then Burgbacher certainly didn't make a mistake with his wallet. I guess that remains to be seen though.

This thread's too long for me bother back tracking, but is Wright a teacher? If so, I'd have to imagine he's your next coach at Troy already being in-house if he wants it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-19, 09:43 PM
All Yappi

TroyTrojan05 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
If Tipp actually created an AD-caliber paying admin job for him, then Burgbacher certainly didn't make a mistake with his wallet. I guess that remains to be seen though.

This thread's too long for me bother back tracking, but is Wright a teacher? If so, I'd have to imagine he's your next coach at Troy already being in-house if he wants it.

Yes he is a teacher
Old 02-11-19, 09:48 PM
Junior Varsity

jblotter56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Kicker
are implying that itís their kicker thatís tippisgreat? Is he the one who quit mid season in basketball? What the hell is going on in Tipp if thatís true?
Old 02-11-19, 09:49 PM
All American

Quote:
are implying that itís their kicker thatís tippisgreat? Is he the one who quit mid season in basketball? What the hell is going on in Tipp if thatís true?
Wittenberg kicker a few years ago? Warm or cold Tippisgreat?
Old 02-11-19, 09:49 PM
All American

TheBenchwarmer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Troy will still smack that azz. Matt Burgbacher made a massive mistake and he will pay for years to come.

If this is true, look for Tyler Wright to be the next head coach for Troy. One that I would fully support.
I would expect them to take a hard look at some former head coaches before the hand it over to a greenhorn. Big jump up from being an assistant coach. At the very least they will want to talk to some bigger names.
Old 02-11-19, 09:50 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBenchwarmer View Post
I would expect them to take a hard look at some former head coaches before the hand it over to a greenhorn. Big jump up from being an assistant coach. At the very least they will want to talk to some bigger names.
Hyatt!@@!@!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-19, 09:54 PM
Varsity

FeartheRooster is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBenchwarmer View Post
Maybe heíll just lie on his applications, seems to work for some...you devil.
Old 02-11-19, 09:56 PM
All American

TheBenchwarmer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hyatt!@@!@!!!!!!!!!
Just stop. I didnít even mention him.
Old 02-11-19, 10:01 PM
All Yappi

nwwarrior09 is on a distinguished road
I'd think Troy would draw major interest from up and comers at smaller schools around the Miami Valley. However, I'd have to think if you see your in-house assistant (Wright) as a future HC then this is the time to elevate and probably keep him for the long haul, as opposed to probably losing him in the next few years.

Old 02-11-19, 10:09 PM
All District

StSebastian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Wittenberg kicker a few years ago? Warm or cold Tippisgreat?
Oh good lord... have we been getting lectured by a kicker about a football program? I am still pretty confident it is Schultz... but this may be worse...

And I say that having a vested interest in kickers...
Old 02-11-19, 10:31 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by StSebastian View Post
Oh good lord... have we been getting lectured by a kicker about a football program? I am still pretty confident it is Schultz... but this may be worse...

And I say that having a vested interest in kickers...
Totally agree. As mentioned ages ago in this thread the Tipp kicker played basketball and quit basketball midseason for personal gain and it all makes sense.
Old 02-11-19, 10:35 PM
All American

Quote:
Totally agree. The Tipp kicker played basketball and quit basketball midseason for personal gain and it all makes sense.
Kicker on wittenberg roster a few years ago. Nothing this year
Old 02-11-19, 10:46 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Kicker on wittenberg roster a few years ago. Nothing this year
Why would a Wittenberg kicker be interested in starting this thread?. In both your last posts it seemed you were implying it was the Tipp kicker. Where in the hell did Wittenberg come from?
Old 02-11-19, 10:58 PM
All American

TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Agree. This is a home run. Your best team ever is still 8-2 and losing by 21 in the playoffs.

Also, your a kicker. Stay focused on special teams and leave us alone.
If Iím not mistaken Butlerís ceiling is very similar to that of Tipp. Hasnít Tipp gone 2-1 vs Butler the last 3 years?
Old 02-11-19, 11:06 PM
All American

Quote:
Why would a Wittenberg kicker be interested in starting this thread?. In both your last posts it seemed you were implying it was the Tipp kicker. Where in the hell did Wittenberg come from?
Your lost in this thread. Compose yourself, execute and stay focused.

http://www.wittenbergtigers.com/spor...2015-16/roster

I am not connecting the dots for you since I am not sure there correct myself.
Old 02-11-19, 11:11 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
If Iím not mistaken Butlerís ceiling is very similar to that of Tipp. Hasnít Tipp gone 2-1 vs Butler the last 3 years?
Tipp is getting closer to VB when it comes to football. Hiring Matt clearly gets them close if not even right now.

Historically, Tipp has been the little bottle sucking, diaper poping baby brother to Tipp City in the sports that matter. I see that continuing.
Old 02-11-19, 11:49 PM
All Region

Ballboy000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post

Wright is a math teacher at Troy. I believe that Matt will be in charge of In School Detention at Tipp, a position that many schools have. Should afford him a lot of time to concentrate on football.
Old 02-12-19, 12:19 AM
All Region

Quote:
Yak YaK is still chasing that red herring that Shultz threw out there to divert the heat off of him. 21 year olds don't spend all of their time on Yappi or worrying about who the next coach of a HS football team is going to be. They have a lot more things in life to occupy them at that age and their preferred method of communicating is twitter & instagram, not discussion boards like Yappi. No one that Derge coached that played at Wilmington or Wittenberg has brothers (plural) and a mother that is a teacher or school board member at Tipp.

Last edited by Ballboy000; 02-12-19 at 12:36 AM.
Old 02-12-19, 12:49 AM
All Region

Quote:
Both Troy and Tipp have the least number of starters returning of all the MVL teams. Troy though, has 45 upperclassmen returning that will be juniors and seniors. When you have those kind of numbers you can bet there is a lot of talent there. Teams that play them early will have a better chance than teams that play them later in the season. Troy will need to find a DC along with their HC but if they are able to keep their assistant coaches other than Charlie they will be in good shape. Troy had by far the best overall staff in the GWOC in my opinion & stats back that up.

Last edited by Ballboy000; 02-12-19 at 03:16 AM.
Old 02-12-19, 12:54 AM
All Ohio

HomeRunsNDunks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Your lost in this thread. Compose yourself, execute and stay focused.

http://www.wittenbergtigers.com/spor...2015-16/roster

I am not connecting the dots for you since I am not sure there correct myself.
Trying not to stir the pot. This ď21Ē year old seems to be very well aged, or have an outstanding memory. His post history includes mentioning Alex Carmona, who played for Troy in 2000-2002 and how great of a ball player Dusty Beam was (graduated high school in 1995?) I donít imagine that heís ď21Ē. It might be his old man, or someone not related at all.
Old 02-12-19, 12:58 AM
All Ohio

HomeRunsNDunks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballboy000 View Post
Both Troy and Tipp have the least number of starters returning of the all the MVL teams. Troy though, has 45 upperclassmen returning that will be juniors and seniors. When you have those kind of numbers you can bet there is a lot of talent there. Teams that play them early will have a better chance than teams that play them later in the season. Troy will need to find a DC along with their HC but if they are able to keep their assistant coaches other than Charlie they will be in good shape.
Troyís biggest holes will need to be filled on the defense. Siler returns at QB, Culp-Bishop departs but Walters his back-up is very good and probably would have started on every other team in the MVL last season. Heís that good. Heís really strong, pretty fast, might take some time to adjust but he should have a really big senior year for a guy that has seen extremely limited playing time. The big holes are Sam Jackson, Shane Shoop and Blake Burton on defense. Those were some impressive linebackers that could fly around the field and were physical as well.
Old 02-12-19, 07:50 AM
All Region

OHFball10 is on a distinguished road
When should we expect an actual official announcement of this hiring?

So far it's been only posts on this thread and comments confirming it, but nothing from the schools or any news outlets.
Old 02-12-19, 09:07 AM
Varsity

permian
Itís official

https://www.tdn-net.com/sports/57369...for-tippecanoe
Old 02-12-19, 09:11 AM
All Region

OHFball10 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by permian View Post
Apparently I only needed to wait a couple hours to get the official announcement
Old 02-12-19, 09:15 AM
All Ohio

freedom_isnt_free is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
The recent results are similar hard to say about the ceiling. Before the Burgbacher higher I would say Butler had a higher ceiling. Better stadium, fitness/training center and more diverse pool of athletes. Hiring Burgbacher though should give them an added advantage. Troy was really bad before he took over and he salvaged a program and established a power. Now that he is gone Troy will drop significantly and will be battling equally with Butler, Tipp and Piqua.
Old 02-12-19, 09:19 AM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
The Burgbachers are in high regard in both communities. Interesting if Charlie goes back to Tipp and assumes his assistant position.
Still one of the best coaches I've ever seen. Matt is a quality hire and Tipp is very smart for making it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-19, 09:25 AM
All World

troyboy73 is on a distinguished road
Burgbacher left Troy for Tipp City? Even it is where he went to high school, if you do not want to stay then get the f@@@ out and never come back. Bullcrap comments from Matt in the TDN article.