Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-06-19, 03:45 AM
All District

wresfan is on a distinguished road
Clinton massie

What names are expected to sign tomorrow and where
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-19, 09:41 AM
All American

Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
Looks like Phillips and Schmidt are the only two who officially signed and they’re both headed to Ball State. I would assume that guys like Beam, Laake and Voss will end up D2 but are still searching where they want to go. Very talented class.
Old 02-07-19, 12:50 PM
All District

wresfan is on a distinguished road
Where is the myers kid going
Old 02-07-19, 02:36 PM
All Ohio

PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wresfan View Post
I had a feeling you would ask that. That's all I've ever seen you post.
Old 02-08-19, 04:10 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Quote:
Originally Posted by wresfan View Post

Knowing his parents I know they are somewhat creeped out by your interest in their son. I'm watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-19, 02:00 AM
Varsity

flash18 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off_Tackle08 View Post
Looks like Phillips and Schmidt are the only two who officially signed and they’re both headed to Ball State. I would assume that guys like Beam, Laake and Voss will end up D2 but are still searching where they want to go. Very talented class.
Very talented to say the least with some good role players. Quite a few kids that can and will play at the next level. If only a few more coaches were committed instead of focusing their time on the freshman class and pee wee football then maybe they wouldn't have got bounced week 2 of playoffs.
Old 02-09-19, 03:03 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash18 View Post
Very talented to say the least with some good role players. Quite a few kids that can and will play at the next level. If only a few more coaches were committed instead of focusing their time on the freshman class and pee wee football then maybe they wouldn't have got bounced week 2 of playoffs.
I have to disagree on some fronts. Coaches are focused on the same things they always have been and one of those areas is the development of the next generation.

IMO there were some players that were focused on beyond HS/extra curriculars and not all in on the things that mattered. At the end of the day- you’re not going to win ‘em all. Massie is a absolute Unit of a program.
Old 02-09-19, 08:19 AM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Congrats to Matt Phillips. Best of luck @ Ball State.
Old 02-09-19, 10:03 AM
Freshman

HighSchoolisOver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off_Tackle08 View Post
I have to disagree on some fronts. Coaches are focused on the same things they always have been and one of those areas is the development of the next generation.

IMO there were some players that were focused on beyond HS/extra curriculars and not all in on the things that mattered. At the end of the day- you’re not going to win ‘em all. Massie is a absolute Unit of a program.

“You’re not going to win em all” attitude may be OK at Goshen but in Clarksville we play to win every time while leaving everyone’s heart and sole on the field!
Sad to witness the only 2 Div1 commits so far, not being used in the London game much. When the offense has under 100 ground yards you change the plan. But the Massie O coordinator is too arrogant to recognize the only positive yards came right b4 half from shotgun. But went right back to “ground pound” in the 3rd. There are 7 pairs of hands as receiving options as proven in 7:7 summer but forgotten by fall.
That coupled without any changes on D to stop the run- like using some of those +250lb O lineman to plug hole since London ran around untouched to the Massie secondary.
Regardless of the future prospects and a name only peewee title- you live in the moment in HS football. No distractions, no let downs.
Biggest let down of the season was the head coach trusting in the wrong leader when he was injured and recovering. Without a trusted man at the helm, and a clear mind to change it up when necessary, you sadly stay home in late November.

Old 02-09-19, 11:28 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighSchoolisOver View Post
“You’re not going to win em all” attitude may be OK at Goshen but in Clarksville we play to win every time while leaving everyone’s heart and sole on the field!
Sad to witness the only 2 Div1 commits so far, not being used in the London game much. When the offense has under 100 ground yards you change the plan. But the Massie O coordinator is too arrogant to recognize the only positive yards came right b4 half from shotgun. But went right back to “ground pound” in the 3rd. There are 7 pairs of hands as receiving options as proven in 7:7 summer but forgotten by fall.
That coupled without any changes on D to stop the run- like using some of those +250lb O lineman to plug hole since London ran around untouched to the Massie secondary.
Regardless of the future prospects and a name only peewee title- you live in the moment in HS football. No distractions, no let downs.
Biggest let down of the season was the head coach trusting in the wrong leader when he was injured and recovering. Without a trusted man at the helm, and a clear mind to change it up when necessary, you sadly stay home in late November.

Isn't this the same coaching staff that took Massie to the state finals the year before and same offensive minded guys who won back to back state titles? Takes me back to the years of listening to the "experts" in the stands yelling at Dan to throw the ball more and saying they could/would never make it in his old school offense.

How many teams/years have you coached again?

I think I have an idea about what it means to pour your heart and soul into some football... those coaches do that.

On the recruiting note- you have no idea what you're talking about. This class is very talented and they will sign some more guys to schools- just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean anything. Lots of D1 FCS/D2 schools are now seeing who is still out there from signing day. The kids at Massie who are doing the right things will end up right where they need to be.

I'll give you one last word of advice. You want to help that community/school/football program and all of the other athletic programs in general? Get off your computer/phone and start rallying for the levy so they can pay those professionals what they deserve to be paid and keep bodies in the building who want to help those kids grow.
Old 02-09-19, 04:30 PM
Varsity

I do agree with off tackle on some of his points... This is the same staff but without Big Dan at the helm and on the sideline this team struggled and was a different team. From the start coaches that have been in place for years traded roles from jv to freshman and vice versa. This was agreed by the staff to accommodate a few coaches that have sons that played freshman. However, what seemed an easy move in my opinion and the opinion of many others actually threw off the balance and repetitive nature this program has had in the past while they have been successful.

So now a coach that is usually a mutant and as friendly as a stick in the mud now became vocal and vibrant as he led the freshman team. This freshman team most definitely can play some ball but it was obvious a few coaches vested more time with them due to the fact they had sons that played. From the first freshman win over Moeller there was a buzz around Clarkville and most folks were talking about this legendary freshman class.

With that said, each week became about who the freshman are playing and what D1 program are they taking down now. It was obvious from pep rally's when coach spoke of the varsity then quickly started speaking of this freshman class every time looking past the jv team. The boys noticed the parents noticed but the coaching staff could not see they were dividing the program.

We all can remember homecoming week as the freshman were scheduled to play a game the same time as the pep rally. Big Dan I believe was the only coach that attended and he couldn't wait to get outta there and back to the freshman game. So when I say there was more focus on the freshman it was very obvious throughout the year there was. Again, the upper classmen from sophomore to seniors all felt this vibe. Feel free to ask any one of them
I am sure they would tell you the same.

Again, I certainly feel the last practice before the London game definitely set the tone for that night. You had coaches missing practice for various reasons from coaching pee wee to who knows what else and the team breakfast was like a funeral as I recall only 2 coaches and about 25-30 players attending.

As far as the talent on this team... We had and will have quite a few guys go play next level and that is why i think some of these coaches let this team down. D1 guys standing on the sideline when it's lose and go home is proposterous. It should have been all hands on deck and bastard defense or not you gotta make the changes.

Anyways congrats to Matt and Seth and I look forward to seeing some other D1 signees.
Old 02-09-19, 04:33 PM
Varsity

#Flash18isdoingfine #coachhaspersonsalityasastickinmud
Old 02-11-19, 07:14 PM
All District

WISHBONE14 is on a distinguished road
everyone please keep Trey Uetrecht in there prayers , the former massie linebacker and current Ball state football player was in a serious car accident heading back to ball state last evening.....thoughts and prayers to Trey and his family.....
Old 02-12-19, 07:04 AM
All Ohio

bulldog5704 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bulldog5704
Prayers for that young man. Was a great player and very good sportsman when we played them his Sr year. Hate to hear things like that.
Old 02-12-19, 03:22 PM
All District

triple option is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog5704 View Post
Prayers for that young man. Was a great player and very good sportsman when we played them his Sr year. Hate to hear things like that.
Honestly, one of the nicest, polite, coachable, hard working players I've seen come through CM. Thanks Bulldog