Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-08-19, 10:06 AM
All Region

Irish02 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
You can make a decision to get rid of the kids and be bad or keep the troubled kids, be able to compete and live with all of the bs that comes with it. I would do what East decided to do and just live with all of the problems that come with some of the kids that they have. Without those kids they would be back to 0-10. East is doing something no other city team (besides Ellet) recently has been able to do, win nonleague games. East is winning all of these games on the road in tough environments with little or no fan support. Ellet wins the games against cupcakes. East is giving these kids an opportunity to play and be part of a family that cares about them (something a lot of them don't have).
This says A LOT about your character!!!
Old 02-08-19, 10:15 AM
All World

BigWorm can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish02 View Post
This says A LOT about your character!!!
Son, there are winners and losers in life, I am a winner.
Old 02-08-19, 10:19 AM
Varsity

ThePrepGuru is on a distinguished road
If a coach is a great X & O guy, and a disciplinarian on and off the field, works hard to get his kids doing well in school, and promotes them to the college coaches, they are likely not going to be the head coach at East. They would be at a much more affluent and tradition-rich school. I'd say for the job he does with a total lack of resources, kudos to Coach Hayes. He's really good for the Dragons!
Old 02-08-19, 10:50 AM
All Region

Quote:
Son, there are winners and losers in life, I am a winner.
Grandpa, I'd rather win with integrity!
Old 02-08-19, 12:29 PM
All World

Quote:
They wouldnt win with those other kids.
Old 02-08-19, 12:29 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrepGuru View Post
If a coach is a great X & O guy, and a disciplinarian on and off the field, works hard to get his kids doing well in school, and promotes them to the college coaches, they are likely not going to be the head coach at East. They would be at a much more affluent and tradition-rich school. I'd say for the job he does with a total lack of resources, kudos to Coach Hayes. He's really good for the Dragons!
Good post
Old 02-08-19, 02:40 PM
All Region

Quote:
They wouldnt win with those other kids.
Exactly!
Old 02-08-19, 03:13 PM
Varsity

HighSchoolFB45 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Like he said, allowing those kids to be on the team is helping those kids. By kicking them off the team, they’ll go right back to causing more trouble off the field and giving them more time on the streets. Giving them a football team is giving them a family and good environment. I’m sure you live around or attend a high class city private school that never had to deal with those problems, so you can’t imagine to comprehend what those kids go through
Old 02-11-19, 09:08 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighSchoolFB45 View Post
Like he said, allowing those kids to be on the team is helping those kids. By kicking them off the team, they’ll go right back to causing more trouble off the field and giving them more time on the streets. Giving them a football team is giving them a family and good environment. I’m sure you live around or attend a high class city private school that never had to deal with those problems, so you can’t imagine to comprehend what those kids go through
The comment that I was specifically replying to was "keep the troubled kids, be able to compete and live with all of the bs that comes with it. I would do what East decided to do and just live with all of the problems".

I guess I should have quoted that before. I live in Akron and have been around these programs a lot. I am full aware of what its like. I have no problem what so ever in helping these young men out and keep them off the streets and out of trouble. But when you have to deal with the "BS" that's where I draw the line. I feel you do have to give them so leeway and work with them. But there's a bigger picture than just playing football and winning games.

As I stated before, I'd rather do it with integrity!
Old 02-11-19, 10:08 AM
All World

Quote:
The comment that I was specifically replying to was "keep the troubled kids, be able to compete and live with all of the bs that comes with it. I would do what East decided to do and just live with all of the problems".

I guess I should have quoted that before. I live in Akron and have been around these programs a lot. I am full aware of what its like. I have no problem what so ever in helping these young men out and keep them off the streets and out of trouble. But when you have to deal with the "BS" that's where I draw the line. I feel you do have to give them so leeway and work with them. But there's a bigger picture than just playing football and winning games.

As I stated before, I'd rather do it with integrity!

Wow you contradict yourself so many times.
Old 02-11-19, 12:42 PM
All Region

Quote:
Wow you contradict yourself so many times.
Let me clarify for you...Give them a chance but if they create a lot of headaches you have to cut them loose!

Not sure where I contradicted myself?

Giving them a shot and/or eliminating the BS is still coaching with integrity. The initial comment that I was replying to was when someone said they would do what East has done and that is to live with all the BS just to be competitive.
Old 02-11-19, 06:15 PM
All American

JJBulldog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Let me clarify for you...Give them a chance but if they create a lot of headaches you have to cut them loose!

Not sure where I contradicted myself?

Giving them a shot and/or eliminating the BS is still coaching with integrity. The initial comment that I was replying to was when someone said they would do what East has done and that is to live with all the BS just to be competitive.
You can't possibly know these kids personally, nor the coaches they play for. You can't know what limits are set and how But you throw ignorant shade, anyway. Says a lot about your lack of personal integrity.
Old 02-12-19, 03:24 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
You can't possibly know these kids personally, nor the coaches they play for. You can't know what limits are set and how But you throw ignorant shade, anyway. Says a lot about your lack of personal integrity.
You are correct. I do not know the players personally, but I do know most of the coaches. My comments are based off my experiences of being around their program and programs alike. You would not believe the things I've seen some coaches do or put up with just to win and be competitive. I removed myself from being around those programs. But I'm the one with a lack of personal integrity??? It's the personal integrity that I do have that allowed me to see what coaching without integrity actually looks like. So my "ignorant shade" isn't so ignorant after all.
Old 02-13-19, 08:24 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBulldog View Post
Boom! Great post!
Old 02-13-19, 01:26 PM
All Region

Quote:
Boom! Great post!
Definition of integrity in English:

1 - The quality of being honest and having strong moral principles

I suppose my honesty makes me ignorant and lacking integrity. Go spend a season with their program or other programs that are similar. If you have any integrity at all you would be saying the same things I am.

But carry on...
Old 02-13-19, 09:57 PM
All World

SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Speaking of East, a fight in the school cafeteria today took almost an hour to get under control with Akron Police on the scene. Six students were arrested and face criminal charges.

http://www.cleveland19.com/2019/02/1...feteria-brawl/

This follows another “altercation” at Innes CLC less than a week ago which resulted in a student being injured. Students videotaped the bullying incident which is with the article.

http://www.cleveland19.com/2019/02/1...science-class/

And people wonder why parents choose the private schools over Akron Public Schools.
Old 02-14-19, 08:52 AM
All Region

gatorade_1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeYaSometime View Post
Speaking of East, a fight in the school cafeteria today took almost an hour to get under control with Akron Police on the scene. Six students were arrested and face criminal charges.

http://www.cleveland19.com/2019/02/1...feteria-brawl/

This follows another “altercation” at Innes CLC less than a week ago which resulted in a student being injured. Students videotaped the bullying incident which is with the article.

http://www.cleveland19.com/2019/02/1...science-class/

And people wonder why parents choose the private schools over Akron Public Schools.
Over 150 fights in the first semester at East. It really is a shame! Having saw your post and being told by a East Staff member about the fights, I think Coach Hayes does a really good job!
Old 02-15-19, 01:20 AM
All World

StarstoShine is on a distinguished road
For those that have transfered to East stay safe