Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-02-18, 02:24 PM
Junior Varsity

FOOTBALLGUYDT is on a distinguished road
You can think what you want but I'm definitely not Picetti. It's funny I started the post to get people's incite on who might get the job or who would be a good hire. But I've noticed besides a few people on here all the little comments and what not are people who have recently signed up or probably have multiple accounts. Some one got a little butt hurt b/c of the discussion either didn't agree with them or thought someone wasn't a good fit for the program. I never once said Wetzel or any of the other coaches wouldn't be a good fit. I just voiced who I felt would be a good fit.
Old 05-02-18, 02:48 PM
All World

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Time will tell , Wetzel seems motivated and he is a good coach . patience may be needed here though . Hope it works out for them
Old 05-03-18, 09:48 AM
All American

The Dock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
Time will tell , Wetzel seems motivated and he is a good coach . patience may be needed here though . Hope it works out for them
I agree. However, I don't think the Delaware community has any choice but to be patient. Anyone thinking that Delaware is going to pull winning seasons and be in contention for week 11 play in the next 1-2 years is out of their g.d. mind. For that matter, it will probably take 3-5 years before that happens. It'll be an incremental rebuild.

After all, I don't see why Delaware would have that high of expectations in the short-term. Their counterparts to the north and west, Buckeye Valley, has never even made playoffs before. I can understand, somewhat, if Delawarians (denonym?) felt as if they had to "Win, And Win Quick" on the basis of being flanked and rivaled by a really good, traditional power in Buckeye Valley. But... that's not the case, at all.
Old 05-03-18, 12:32 PM
Junior Varsity

FOOTBALLGUYDT is on a distinguished road
Completely agree it's definitely going to take some time to build. Sometimes I think the school district goes into a win now idea. I think that's why they hired Golden and Wetzel. Both very good coaches but thinking what they've done prior can turn around a winner sooner. That's not going to happen it'll take time for Hayes. They will literally have to build from the ground up. Starting at pee wee, middle school, and the high school. They'll have to find a way to keep kids wanting to come out for football. They've had okay season's. A 500 season is a winner in Delaware. I see it 5 years before they could actually get going. Have heard the two middle school classes don't have the greatest athletes right now. So might take a while for the overhaul.
Old 05-03-18, 03:06 PM
All District

yipyap is on a distinguished road
Buckeye valley has never made the playoffs but they did have some good seasons. Included in there is a 7-3 last year. They had a couple of championships but they played in a league where they were the largest school. I know Hayes and valley is a rivalry and my thought is buckeye probably leads the series and Hayes has been a bigger school. If I am wrong on that I apologize.
Old 05-07-18, 10:32 AM
All District

presnapread is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by yipyap View Post
Buckeye valley has never made the playoffs but they did have some good seasons. Included in there is a 7-3 last year. They had a couple of championships but they played in a league where they were the largest school. I know Hayes and valley is a rivalry and my thought is buckeye probably leads the series and Hayes has been a bigger school. If I am wrong on that I apologize.
Hayes, easily, leads the series.
Old 02-10-19, 08:24 PM
Freshman

Independence, MO is on a distinguished road
Hey whatever happened with this match up btw? did Hayes pull it off i heard they were having a great year were undefeated for a while .
Old 02-10-19, 08:25 PM
Freshman

Independence, MO is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOOTBALLGUYDT View Post
AHM and Harrycrane I agree with both of you this was done when Golden was hired as well as now Wetzel. It's their safe hire b/c they know them. The article said 10 candidates had ties to Delaware County. Crazy that they didn't like one of them to give them a shot. Hopefully Wetzel does a good job. Be nice to see the Hayes/Bradley game this year since Picetti is the DC at Bradley I'm sure he'll have that game circled on the schedule. I mean last year Bradley beat the snot out of Hayes. It was a blowout before half. They called the dogs off and put the two's in. I can say Picetti might get the green light to keep the 1's in a little longer to prove maybe they missed the right young assistant with a chip on his shoulder just saying. I'm sure if any of the other guys have Hayes on their schedule they'll have the game circled. I just know about him as a candidate b/c of his time at Tangy. But lets see what'll happen. Will he turn the program around or will they be looking for a new HC in 3 years? I know what my opinion is but we'll just have to wait and see.
Hey whatever happened with this match up btw? did Hayes pull it off i heard they were having a great year were undefeated for a while .
Old 02-10-19, 10:20 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independence, MO View Post
http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/teams...=704&year=2018

Refer to joeeitel.com for all queries regarding Ohio HS football results since roughly 2000. You'll be glad you did.
Old 02-11-19, 09:46 AM
All District

TheJect is on a distinguished road
JoeEitel is a great site. This guy is a master. Coaches refer to this site toward to end of the season to view playoff possibilities. This guy should have sponsorships or $$$ thrown at him.
Old 02-11-19, 11:40 AM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJect View Post
JoeEitel is a great site. This guy is a master. Coaches refer to this site toward to end of the season to view playoff possibilities. This guy should have sponsorships or $$$ thrown at him.
Joe's site is great for that, but I like it even more for looking up past game results. As of the 2017 season, Joe is the official computer points tabulator for the OHSAA, so I hope he is getting a little bit of money from that arrangement.
Old 02-13-19, 04:46 PM
Yappi Supporter

FormerWildcat is on a distinguished road
One thing is for sure, Coach Wetzel is personally better off at Delaware Hayes than Westerville North. Most of Westerville's best players want to go to Westerville Central, and if they don't end up at Central, they'll go to Westerville South before they'll go to Westerville North. The deck is pretty much stacked against you at North right now.