Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-08-19, 10:47 AM
Varsity

ThePrepGuru is on a distinguished road
New Conference Idea

Schools like Trotwood and Winton Woods are on the outside looking in, because their conferences have deemed them a poor fit. Lack of freshmen and JV teams in many sports, and low participation numbers or no sport offerings in other sports have hurt them. The fact that they are dominant in football and basketball has not helped matters either. So, why not link up and approach some other "like-schools" and open the discussion about a new conference.

I like this idea because it would be perfectly ironic that the schools that have been left out, actually take an active role in raiding a couple of other conferences.

Just imagine for a minute, the potential for this conference. You are not likely going to find too many state championship contenders in soccer, tennis and golf. But this conference would be really strong in basketball, football and track & field. Plus, the other sports match up pretty nicely competitively, and the number of sports offerings match up well too.

North:
Hamilton
Middletown
Springfield
Trotwood
Wayne

South:
Colerain
Fairfield
Mt. Healthy
Princeton
Winton Woods

Last edited by ThePrepGuru; 02-08-19 at 01:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-19, 11:01 AM
Junior Varsity

allcincinnatiteam is on a distinguished road
This would be 50+ minute drive for all of the Cincinnati teams that have to drive to Dayton, this is a terrible idea......
Old 02-08-19, 11:47 AM
All Region

Blondie is on a distinguished road
I like it. Springfield playing Middletown again. What was that conference again?
Old 02-08-19, 11:52 AM
All Region

Blondie is on a distinguished road
Wol?
Old 02-08-19, 12:06 PM
All American

Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by allcincinnatiteam View Post
This would be 50+ minute drive for all of the Cincinnati teams that have to drive to Dayton, this is a terrible idea......
50 minutes? Oh my... !!!

That's not even a bad trip considering you would only take it once or twice a year.
Old 02-08-19, 12:09 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrepGuru View Post
Schools like Trotwood and Winton Woods are on the outside looking in, because their conferences have deemed them a poor fit. Lack of freshmen and JV teams in many sports, and low participation numbers or no sport offerings in other sports have hurt them. The fact that they are dominant in football and basketball has not helped matters either. So, why not link up and approach some other "like-schools" and open the discussion about a new conference.

I also like this idea because it would be perfectly ironic that the schools that have been left out, actually take an active role in raiding a couple of other conferences.

Just imagine for a minute, the potential for this conference. You are not likely going to find too many state championship contenders in soccer, tennis and golf. But this conference would be really strong in basketball, football and track & field. Plus, the other sports match up pretty nicely competitively, and the number of sports offerings match up well too.

North:
Hamilton
Middletown
Springfield
Trotwood
Wayne

South:
Colerain
Fairfield
Mt. Healthy
Princeton
Winton Woods
Mt. Healthy would be insane to even consider this.
Old 02-08-19, 12:11 PM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
what possible reason would Wayne and Springfield have for dropping closer schools (Centerville, Fairmont, Northmont, etc...) and picking up Middletown and Hamilton?
Old 02-08-19, 01:07 PM
Junior Varsity

allcincinnatiteam is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off_Tackle08 View Post
50 minutes? Oh my... !!!

That's not even a bad trip considering you would only take it once or twice a year.
The longest drive for the GMC schools is like 40-45 minutes, they don't want to make that 50 - 60 minutes, especially in basketball season.
Old 02-08-19, 01:23 PM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dograt View Post
what possible reason would Wayne and Springfield have for dropping closer schools (Centerville, Fairmont, Northmont, etc...) and picking up Middletown and Hamilton?
I think the OP was establishing many of these schools have dropped Freshman and JV sports, so schools such as Centerville who could literally have 10 freshman basketball teams if they so desired are finding it difficult to play schools like Trotwood when they don't have them.
Old 02-08-19, 02:24 PM
Varsity

ThePrepGuru is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dograt View Post
Because down the road, now that they dropped Trotwood, Springfield will be next, then Wayne. For all the same reasons they dumped Trotwood.
Old 02-08-19, 03:27 PM
All Ohio

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Ummmm...... You do realize that Winton Woods is Joining ECC for start of 2020-2021 school year? That's not on the outside anymore.

Not too much of a prep guru if you ask me.
Old 02-08-19, 04:19 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
No more Conference alignments. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-08-19, 04:40 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Nope, leave Wayne out of this idea.... The GWOC is just fine once it is down to 8 teams and just 1 league.
Old 02-08-19, 11:58 PM
All Region

shoprat2 is on a distinguished road
That long ago league was the GOL. Springfield,Hamilton,Middletown,Lima,Portsmouth,tr y that drive from Lima to Portsmouth in a old school bus with no interstate. But a great highly competitive league as good as any in the state.
Old 02-09-19, 09:34 AM
Ron Jeremey Stunt Double

skins99 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to skins99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off_Tackle08 View Post
50 minutes? Oh my... !!!

Are you forgetting all the other sports.
Old 02-09-19, 11:35 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins99 View Post
Are you forgetting all the other sports.
No. I grew up in a conference that travelled those 40-60 minutes consistently to play league games and still follow teams in conferences where that isn't all that uncommon.
Old 02-09-19, 11:35 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoprat2 View Post
That long ago league was the GOL. Springfield,Hamilton,Middletown,Lima,Portsmouth,tr y that drive from Lima to Portsmouth in a old school bus with no interstate. But a great highly competitive league as good as any in the state.
How about when Lima Senior was in the GMC?
Old 02-09-19, 08:39 PM
All Yappi

warriorblue is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrepGuru View Post

I like this idea because it would be perfectly ironic that the schools that have been left out, actually take an active role in raiding a couple of other conferences.

North:
Hamilton
Middletown
Springfield
Trotwood
Wayne

South:
Colerain
Fairfield
Mt. Healthy
Princeton
Winton Woods
As far as Winton Woods goes, you definetly have the wrong info. WW will be joining the E.C.C. in 2020.
Old 02-10-19, 08:51 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Kudos for throwing this out there and getting a discussion going! February can be a pretty boring month in the HS football forum.

I can't speak for the GWOC component of this but as a long time Fairfield fan & GMC observer your conference is inferior to the existing GMC in every way imaginable. From travel to natural rivalries to multi-sport emphasis I think we'd see an alien invasion before this conference came to be.

I'm not sure what you know about FF but the district is big on more then just football, basketball & track. I would add an elite wrestling program, baseball & softball and both boys & girls soccer. If you look at the programs I just listed there's a whole bunch of D1 state champions & runner-ups in the group.

Heck check out the AD's Twitter page (https://twitter.com/fcsdathletics) to see just how big even the "smallest" sports at FF are! And I can't even imagine not sharing a league with FF's biggest rivalries across all the sports which are Lakota West, Lakota East & Mason.

My sense of the future is that FF will always be a part of some type of GMC like D1 conference involving the Northern Cincinnati Suburbs straddling Butler, Warren & Hamilton county's. As an aside, if Princeton ever decided to leave the GMC their obvious destination would be the ECC.