Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-05-19, 07:58 AM
Johnny Moxon Johnny Moxon is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-22-17
Posts: 86
Johnny Moxon is on a distinguished road
IVC Football 2019

Is it football season yet? Got to imagine Ridgewood and Garaway are this years favorites to win the south. North should be Sandy without a doubt.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 02-05-19, 09:00 AM
Football 101 Football 101 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-20-10
Posts: 1,245
Football 101 is on a distinguished road
best thread ever
and its back!!!!!!!

Indian Valley won't have a say this year in the South title chase?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-05-19, 10:39 AM
RubberChickenII RubberChickenII is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-21-17
Posts: 136
RubberChickenII is on a distinguished road
IV lost a great group, but have talent coming back and are well coached. They will have a say.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-05-19, 03:01 PM
generalisimo generalisimo is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 12-06-17
Posts: 31
generalisimo is on a distinguished road
Does any one know what East Canton has coming back? It's been a good three year run,but they should be loosing a lot of talent.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-05-19, 04:13 PM
HS_Ball HS_Ball is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 12-01-18
Posts: 19
HS_Ball is on a distinguished road
How many IVC North/South schools make the playoffs? 4?
RidgeWood
Indian Valley
Sandy Valley
Another North School..... TCC made it last year not sure who they have back. Strasburg was all sophmores last year and like TCC can make it with 4-5 wins. Malvern maybe?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-05-19, 07:10 PM
Damage450 Damage450 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-06-18
Posts: 142
Damage450 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Moxon View Post
Is it football season yet? Got to imagine Ridgewood and Garaway are this years favorites to win the south. North should be Sandy without a doubt.
My early guesses

North

Sandy Valley
East Canton
Buckeye Trail
TCC
Malvern
Strasburg

South

Ridgewood
Garaway
Indian Valley
Claymont
Tusky Valley
Newcomerstown
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-06-19, 08:26 AM
RubberChickenII RubberChickenII is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-21-17
Posts: 136
RubberChickenII is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage450 View Post
My early guesses

North

Sandy Valley
East Canton
Buckeye Trail
TCC
Malvern
Strasburg

South

Ridgewood
Garaway
Indian Valley
Claymont
Tusky Valley
Newcomerstown
Malvern has been down as of recent but should be improved. Younger talent has been forced into playing early, rewards of that should be on horizon. I believe Malvern could finish top part of the North, not on Sandy's level but should be able to play with/beat the rest of the division.

Garaway/Wood could finish either way and Indian Valley will get to play the nobody believes in us card, cant count them out. Tusky Valley will finish above Claymont. Newcomerstown/Claymont probably find themselves at the bottom of the North as well.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-06-19, 09:04 AM
mingua mingua is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 03-13-17
Posts: 75
mingua is on a distinguished road
Thanks for starting up this thread again!

Hopefully that statistical guy will post the early projections of his algorithm soon!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-06-19, 09:16 AM
hdvhsmgr hdvhsmgr is online now
All American
 
Join Date: 08-22-01
Location: Columbus, OH, USA
Posts: 1,488
hdvhsmgr is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know who Garaway plays in Week 3?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-06-19, 11:46 AM
Johnny Moxon Johnny Moxon is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-22-17
Posts: 86
Johnny Moxon is on a distinguished road
Week 3 according to Arbiter is TBA.
Week 2 they have bellaire.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-06-19, 01:18 PM
Bo Kimble Bo Kimble is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-06-06
Location: Lurking around
Posts: 1,333
Bo Kimble is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Moxon View Post
Week 3 according to Arbiter is TBA.
Week 2 they have bellaire.
Congrats to Garaway beefing up the out of conference schedule. Bellaire made the postseason last year & is a program that has a solid reputation historically. It seems like a great early season tune up, kinda makes you wonder why we never, ever, ever, ever, everrrrrrrr have the same conversations about Ridgewood . They have underwhelmed with their OOC schedules.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-06-19, 01:51 PM
RubberChickenII RubberChickenII is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-21-17
Posts: 136
RubberChickenII is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Kimble View Post
Congrats to Garaway beefing up the out of conference schedule. Bellaire made the postseason last year & is a program that has a solid reputation historically. It seems like a great early season tune up, kinda makes you wonder why we never, ever, ever, ever, everrrrrrrr have the same conversations about Ridgewood . They have underwhelmed with their OOC schedules.
Ridgewood's non conference schedule has seemed to struggle over last few seasons, but hasnt been from lack of trying on Wood's behalf. You must have just started following IVC within last few years. Not sure how Garaway is credited with the Bellaire scheduling, while Ridgewood has never ever ever ever ever scheduled anyone any good? Really? Ridgewood opened with that exact same team, Bellaire, in both 2015 and 2016 and series ended when Bellaire did not want to renew the contract.
Wood scheduled Martins Ferry(Perennial playoff team) for 2 years prior to that. Prior to that scheduled Shadyside for 2 years, who also refused to renew the contract.

2 years ago, against many Wood fans wishes, put long time local rival Coshocton back on the schedule, starting in 2017.
Here is Coshocton's 2016 record and schedule before you rebuttal with Coshocton isnt any good :

Coshocton 2016 Football (12-2)
8/26 H Fairless (4-6) [5:17] W 38-0
9/2 A St Clairsville (4-6) [4:15] W 32-27
9/9 H Columbus Crusaders (club) (7-3) W* 20-14
9/17 A Bishop Rosecrans (7-4) [7:27] W 44-14
9/23 H Cambridge (7-4) [4:15] W 34-27
9/30 A New Lexington (3-7) [4:15] W 42-14
10/7 A Meadowbrook (2-8) [4:15] W 49-21
10/14 A Dover (7-4) [3:9] L 21-24
10/21 H Claymont (6-4) [4:15] W 42-12
10/28 H River View (0-10) [4:15] W 49-26
11/5 H # Ironton (7-4) [5:19] W 34-11
11/12 N # Garaway (11-1) [5:19] W 23-20
11/19 N # Wheelersburg (12-1) [5:19] W 30-20
11/26 N # Coldwater (13-2) [5:20] L 14-33
* - game does not count in OHSAA rankings
# - Ohio playoff game

Scheduling a state semi finalist isnt considered "attempting to beef up the schedule"? Ridgewood cant control opposing teams success once they schedule them.

Last year Ridgewood replaced Buckeye Trail with Wayne County League Northwestern, here is their previous 2 seasons. Yes in 2017 they were 5-5 but beat 9-4 Hillsdale and lost competitive games to Norwayne and Dalton, who both had playoff wins.

Northwestern 2017 Football (5-5)
8/25 H Loudonville (0-10) [6:22] W 42-7
9/1 A Black River (11-2) [5:17] L 13-21
9/8 A Columbia (5-5) [6:21] L 21-26
9/15 A Smithville (6-4) [6:21] L 14-27
9/22 H Hillsdale (9-4) [6:22] W 22-20
9/29 H Waynedale (0-10) [6:21] W 20-6
10/6 A Rittman (3-7) [7:25] W 37-0
10/13 H Norwayne (10-2) [6:21] L 7-19
10/20 A Chippewa (4-6) [5:17] W 25-16
10/27 H Dalton (12-1) [7:25] L 21-34

Northwestern 2016 Football (8-3)
8/26 A Loudonville (1-9) [6:21] W 41-7
9/2 H Black River (8-4) [5:17] W 35-27
9/9 H Columbia (8-3) [6:21] W 22-7
9/16 H Smithville (6-4) [6:21] W 41-22
9/23 A Hillsdale (7-4) [6:21] W 42-27
9/30 A Waynedale (1-9) [5:18] W 56-6
10/7 H Rittman (2-8) [6:21] W 55-6
10/14 A Norwayne (11-2) [5:18] L 6-30
10/21 H Chippewa (6-4) [5:18] W 34-10
10/28 A Dalton (7-4) [6:21] L 14-20
11/5 H # Swanton (10-2) [5:18] L 22-40
# - Ohio playoff game

Im not sure your comment holds a lot of water. I cant argue those teams have not ended up having successful seasons after the Wood has scheduled them, but to say they haven't attempted to is simply not true.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-06-19, 07:50 PM
lon lon is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 03-09-17
Location: Cadiz
Posts: 97
lon is on a distinguished road
I was just curious I thought Ridgewood would jump all over John Glenn having an opening but they wouldn't touch it. Surprised the heck out of me.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-06-19, 09:11 PM
Damage450 Damage450 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-06-18
Posts: 142
Damage450 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberChickenII View Post
Malvern has been down as of recent but should be improved. Younger talent has been forced into playing early, rewards of that should be on horizon. I believe Malvern could finish top part of the North, not on Sandy's level but should be able to play with/beat the rest of the division.

Garaway/Wood could finish either way and Indian Valley will get to play the nobody believes in us card, cant count them out. Tusky Valley will finish above Claymont. Newcomerstown/Claymont probably find themselves at the bottom of the North as well.
Honestly it's hard to comment on Tusky Valley until they have a coach. I know this much, when I saw them play last year they didn't have many kids on the team and they had a bunch of seniors if I remember correctly. Wasn't the Love kid a senior?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-07-19, 08:54 AM
Bo Kimble Bo Kimble is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-06-06
Location: Lurking around
Posts: 1,333
Bo Kimble is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberChickenII View Post
Ridgewood's non conference schedule has seemed to struggle over last few seasons, but hasnt been from lack of trying on Wood's behalf. You must have just started following IVC within last few years. Not sure how Garaway is credited with the Bellaire scheduling, while Ridgewood has never ever ever ever ever scheduled anyone any good? Really? Ridgewood opened with that exact same team, Bellaire, in both 2015 and 2016 and series ended when Bellaire did not want to renew the contract.
Wood scheduled Martins Ferry(Perennial playoff team) for 2 years prior to that. Prior to that scheduled Shadyside for 2 years, who also refused to renew the contract.

2 years ago, against many Wood fans wishes, put long time local rival Coshocton back on the schedule, starting in 2017.
Here is Coshocton's 2016 record and schedule before you rebuttal with Coshocton isnt any good :

Coshocton 2016 Football (12-2)
8/26 H Fairless (4-6) [5:17] W 38-0
9/2 A St Clairsville (4-6) [4:15] W 32-27
9/9 H Columbus Crusaders (club) (7-3) W* 20-14
9/17 A Bishop Rosecrans (7-4) [7:27] W 44-14
9/23 H Cambridge (7-4) [4:15] W 34-27
9/30 A New Lexington (3-7) [4:15] W 42-14
10/7 A Meadowbrook (2-8) [4:15] W 49-21
10/14 A Dover (7-4) [3:9] L 21-24
10/21 H Claymont (6-4) [4:15] W 42-12
10/28 H River View (0-10) [4:15] W 49-26
11/5 H # Ironton (7-4) [5:19] W 34-11
11/12 N # Garaway (11-1) [5:19] W 23-20
11/19 N # Wheelersburg (12-1) [5:19] W 30-20
11/26 N # Coldwater (13-2) [5:20] L 14-33
* - game does not count in OHSAA rankings
# - Ohio playoff game

Scheduling a state semi finalist isnt considered "attempting to beef up the schedule"? Ridgewood cant control opposing teams success once they schedule them.

Last year Ridgewood replaced Buckeye Trail with Wayne County League Northwestern, here is their previous 2 seasons. Yes in 2017 they were 5-5 but beat 9-4 Hillsdale and lost competitive games to Norwayne and Dalton, who both had playoff wins.

Northwestern 2017 Football (5-5)
8/25 H Loudonville (0-10) [6:22] W 42-7
9/1 A Black River (11-2) [5:17] L 13-21
9/8 A Columbia (5-5) [6:21] L 21-26
9/15 A Smithville (6-4) [6:21] L 14-27
9/22 H Hillsdale (9-4) [6:22] W 22-20
9/29 H Waynedale (0-10) [6:21] W 20-6
10/6 A Rittman (3-7) [7:25] W 37-0
10/13 H Norwayne (10-2) [6:21] L 7-19
10/20 A Chippewa (4-6) [5:17] W 25-16
10/27 H Dalton (12-1) [7:25] L 21-34

Northwestern 2016 Football (8-3)
8/26 A Loudonville (1-9) [6:21] W 41-7
9/2 H Black River (8-4) [5:17] W 35-27
9/9 H Columbia (8-3) [6:21] W 22-7
9/16 H Smithville (6-4) [6:21] W 41-22
9/23 A Hillsdale (7-4) [6:21] W 42-27
9/30 A Waynedale (1-9) [5:18] W 56-6
10/7 H Rittman (2-8) [6:21] W 55-6
10/14 A Norwayne (11-2) [5:18] L 6-30
10/21 H Chippewa (6-4) [5:18] W 34-10
10/28 A Dalton (7-4) [6:21] L 14-20
11/5 H # Swanton (10-2) [5:18] L 22-40
# - Ohio playoff game

Im not sure your comment holds a lot of water. I cant argue those teams have not ended up having successful seasons after the Wood has scheduled them, but to say they haven't attempted to is simply not true.
Followed it for long enough to understand that they've crowned themselves kings and their reign is unending. It's them and their people who identify as a notch or two above everyone else, you referenced Northwestern was 5-5 but beat Hillsdale and had competitive games elsewhere, a program in the caliber that they place themselves in wouldn't need qualifying statements about opponents & counting opponents' competitive losses your validation of their usual weak OOC schedule may not hold much water.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-07-19, 10:37 AM
styx styx is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-18-14
Posts: 299
styx is on a distinguished road
Sorry Ridgewood fans but Garaway has clearly earned the rep as the premiere program in the league over the last decade...
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-07-19, 11:29 AM
RubberChickenII RubberChickenII is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-21-17
Posts: 136
RubberChickenII is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by styx View Post
Sorry Ridgewood fans but Garaway has clearly earned the rep as the premiere program in the league over the last decade...
You are entitled to your opinion. But what are you basing it on? League titles? Playoff appearnces? Playoff wins? Farthest postseason run?

League titles

2018- Wood
2017- Indian Valley
2016- Garaway
2015- Wood
2014- Garaway
2013- Malvern
2012- Garaway
2011- Wood, Garaway, Malvern split
2010- Wood
2009- Wood

Last 10 Years, your time frame not mine,
Wood 5 Titles, Garaway 4

Playoff Appearances?

Wood 7 Appearances- 18,16,15,14,11,10,09

Playoff record 5 and 7

Garaway 4 Appearances- 16,14,12, 11

Playoff Record 3 and 4

Im assuming you must be basing it off of head to head record. Garaway 6 wins, Wood 4 and Playoff winning percentages

Wood 41.66%
Garaway 42.85%

Pretty cut and dry....garaway premiere team in league

Last edited by RubberChickenII; 02-07-19 at 11:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-07-19, 11:52 AM
Johnny Moxon Johnny Moxon is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-22-17
Posts: 86
Johnny Moxon is on a distinguished road
This isn’t past decade but didn’t Ridgewood win nine straight 02-2010?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-07-19, 02:54 PM
Kenny Tuggle Kenny Tuggle is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-29-14
Posts: 200
Kenny Tuggle is on a distinguished road
3 way split this last year. The IVC doesn't do head to head for league title. Wood, way and IV all had 1 league loss.



Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberChickenII View Post
You are entitled to your opinion. But what are you basing it on? League titles? Playoff appearnces? Playoff wins? Farthest postseason run?

League titles

2018- Wood
2017- Indian Valley
2016- Garaway
2015- Wood
2014- Garaway
2013- Malvern
2012- Garaway
2011- Wood, Garaway, Malvern split
2010- Wood
2009- Wood

Last 10 Years, your time frame not mine,
Wood 5 Titles, Garaway 4

Playoff Appearances?

Wood 7 Appearances- 18,16,15,14,11,10,09

Playoff record 5 and 7

Garaway 4 Appearances- 16,14,12, 11

Playoff Record 3 and 4

Im assuming you must be basing it off of head to head record. Garaway 6 wins, Wood 4 and Playoff winning percentages

Wood 41.66%
Garaway 42.85%

Pretty cut and dry....garaway premiere team in league
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-07-19, 03:20 PM
dhs22p dhs22p is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-06-06
Posts: 461
dhs22p is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Tuggle View Post
3 way split this last year. The IVC doesn't do head to head for league title. Wood, way and IV all had 1 league loss.
Actually it was a 2 way tie since Garaway lost to TV in week 10.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-07-19, 07:46 PM
Kenny Tuggle Kenny Tuggle is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-29-14
Posts: 200
Kenny Tuggle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhs22p View Post
Actually it was a 2 way tie since Garaway lost to TV in week 10.
That's true! Totally forgot about that
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-18-19, 12:49 PM
styx styx is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 09-18-14
Posts: 299
styx is on a distinguished road
How has TV not hired a coach? Spot was basically open in September...
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-19-19, 07:56 AM
Bo Kimble Bo Kimble is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-06-06
Location: Lurking around
Posts: 1,333
Bo Kimble is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by styx View Post
How has TV not hired a coach? Spot was basically open in September...
Kinda like opening a game with a Delay of Game penalty....
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-19-19, 08:20 AM
Johnny Moxon Johnny Moxon is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-22-17
Posts: 86
Johnny Moxon is on a distinguished road
Can’t believe they didn’t retain the guy that took over. He inherited a mess and did a nice job. And finished with a huge win against Garaway to end the year.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-19-19, 09:55 AM
Journey Journey is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Posts: 1,773
Journey is on a distinguished road
I mean if they haven't gotten a new dude, they may still keep the Pirate slayer?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-19-19, 04:10 PM
Damage450 Damage450 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-06-18
Posts: 142
Damage450 is on a distinguished road
From what I hear there are some major problems at Tusky Valley. I'd stay as far away from that job as possible.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-19-19, 07:59 PM
BelowTheLine BelowTheLine is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 10-04-18
Posts: 21
BelowTheLine is on a distinguished road
Best of luck to the new TV head coach. The IVC could use a strong TV.

https://www.timesreporter.com/sports...board-approval
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-19-19, 11:18 PM
Johnny Moxon Johnny Moxon is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-22-17
Posts: 86
Johnny Moxon is on a distinguished road
Yes it could.

With the change in 2020 the ivc big school division will be strong.
Sandy, Ridgewood, and Garaway will be very good in 2020 and I’m sure IV will be in the mix. It would be nice to see Tusky be competitive with these teams.


In 2020, there is a legit possibility of SV, Gway, Wood, or IV winning the IVC.
It will be interesting to see the TV team in years to come.
Best of luck to the new coach!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-19-19, 11:36 PM
Lightning2 Lightning2 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-20-18
Posts: 30
Lightning2 is on a distinguished road
It would make for some very entertaining games if they make a turn around. I like the switch, glad that it’s finally going to happen. Sv, garaway, wood and IV should be a good battle for the top for a while. Looking forward to it!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-20-19, 07:58 AM
Damage450 Damage450 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-06-18
Posts: 142
Damage450 is on a distinguished road
I hope he succeeds but the odds are stacked against him. One thing is for sure, it's going to be a huge culture shock to go from a place where football is King to Tusky Valley.

Anybody know anything about this guy beyond the article? Offense he plans on running? Defensive philosophy? The article really didn't tell you much unless you know some of the background of the Tusky Valley debacle.

Last edited by Damage450; 02-20-19 at 08:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2019 StX Football ReLoad St Xavier Bombers 49 02-22-19 10:34 AM
Barberton: A Coaching Legacy frecriss Barberton Magics 18 11-28-18 11:02 AM
2018 Louisville Leopards Football LeopardNation Football 100 09-23-18 05:11 PM
Week 4: Marlington Dukes (2-1) at Louisville Leopards (0-3) LeopardNation Football 51 09-16-17 08:15 PM
Week 2: North Canton Hoover Vikings at Louisville Leopards LeopardNation Football 76 09-03-17 07:29 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz