Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-14-18, 06:35 PM
All Ohio

CincyHSfootball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
This has been a long time in the making. Started in 2013/2014 A lot of work by many people in the neighborhood and Price Hill Will. Will be another anchor for that part of Price Avenue in the Incline District. Block Coffee House is moving into the red brick building with the beautiful turret across from the Incline theater.

Here are some photos outside and inside.

https://www.google.com/search?q=phot...w=1517&bih=707
Old 02-15-18, 08:11 PM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHSfootball View Post
This has been a long time in the making. Started in 2013/2014 A lot of work by many people in the neighborhood and Price Hill Will. Will be another anchor for that part of Price Avenue in the Incline District. Block Coffee House is moving into the red brick building with the beautiful turret across from the Incline theater.

Here are some photos outside and inside.

https://www.google.com/search?q=phot...w=1517&bih=707
I appreciate your enthusiasm for the neighborhood. I am a bit concerned about Price Hill Will. I like what they are doing with the Masonic Temple, but their emphasis on low income housing is an ongoing concern. No other community development corporation in Cincinnati demonstrates their obsession with low income housing, at the expense of market rate housing, to the detriment of the neighborhood. I have had friends who have tried to buy their rehabbed homes only to be told they are over income (yeah, their plan seems to be to exclude middle income families from buying in Price Hill). I also like that the old old Masonic Temple is being converted into a coffee house but I am suspicious of BLOCs involvement. I hope BLOC does not take over the market I posted about on State Street as I think they perpetuate poverty. Here is the real kicker, the Port Authority has bought the block across Glenway from Elder, with some involvement with Price Hill Will and, guess what, no one that should know what is going on with the property, like Elder, Seton and the Price Hill Community Councils, knows anything about the plans. I am guessing that a few people who shouldn't know what is going on with those parcels know a great deal, but those with a real vested interest are being completely left in the dark.

People who care about Elder and Seton should be very concerned about this and should raise their concerns with those involved.

So, I guess I do not trust Price Hill Will, BLOC Ministries, or the Port Authority (although I do welcome the Port Authority showing interest in developing Price Hill). That mistrust comes from all of the secrecy. People would trust them more if they showed a little more transparency and a little less cronyism.

Last edited by Purplemojo; 02-15-18 at 11:13 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-15-18, 11:05 PM
All American

Panthers&Vols
Anyone tell me how long Quebec will be closed? I take Queen City to go to Elder but with Quebec down I go to Sunset. Just wondering, not that big a detour
Old 02-16-18, 08:17 AM
All American

CincyHSFootballFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
I appreciate your enthusiasm for the neighborhood. I am a bit concerned about Price Hill Will. I like what they are doing with the Masonic Temple, but their emphasis on low income housing is an ongoing concern. No other community development corporation in Cincinnati demonstrates their obsession with low income housing, at the expense of market rate housing, to the detriment of the neighborhood. I have had friends who have tried to buy their rehabbed homes only to be told they are over income (yeah, their plan seems to be to exclude middle income families from buying in Price Hill). I also like that the old old Masonic Temple is being converted into a coffee house but I am suspicious of BLOCs involvement. I hope BLOC does not take over the market I posted about on State Street as I think they perpetuate poverty. Here is the real kicker, the Port Authority has bought the block across Glenway from Elder, with some involvement with Price Hill Will and, guess what, no one that should know what is going on with the property, like Elder, Seton and the Price Hill Community Councils, knows anything about the plans. I am guessing that a few people who shouldn't know what is going on with those parcels know a great deal, but those with a real vested interest are being completely left in the dark.

People who care about Elder and Seton should be very concerned about this and should raise their concerns with those involved.

So, I guess I do not trust Price Hill Will, BLOC Ministries, or the Port Authority (although I do welcome the Port Authority showing interest in developing Price Hill). That mistrust comes from all of the secrecy. People would trust them more if they showed a little more transparency and a little less cronyism.
I personally know one of the main people involved on the Price Hill Will housing front. I will have to ask about the income requirements or I guess want for low-income buyers. I just find it hard to believe, though, since nearly every property they have done has sold at a price point considerably higher than the market price for that part of Price Hill. These homes are not cheap.
Old 02-16-18, 06:33 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHSFootballFan View Post
I personally know one of the main people involved on the Price Hill Will housing front. I will have to ask about the income requirements or I guess want for low-income buyers. I just find it hard to believe, though, since nearly every property they have done has sold at a price point considerably higher than the market price for that part of Price Hill. These homes are not cheap.
I believe it has something to do with where they get their funding, but if they want to be the development corporation for all three Price Hill neighborhoods, it is about time they do the type of development that the people in those neighborhoods want. In addition, it would be nice if they would stop creating business district deserts, like Glenway around Dr. Saboto's and the corner of West 8th and Overlook. They just need to quit tearing down buildings with no firm plans for development. How about some business development? I have seen none since Price Hill Will has been in existence (the only development I have seen has been privately planned, funded and executed, without the involvement of Price Hill Will). I am glad you know people involved with Price Hill Will. I am sure they are good people. I also hope to hear more from you in this regard. The bottom line though is that Northside, College Hill, East Walnut Hill, Madisonville, and just about every other Cincinnati neighborhood has a more effective CDC than we do in Price Hill, and the proof is in all of the development being done in those neighborhoods while we languish and weeds grow in our business districts.
Old 02-20-18, 11:55 AM
All World

I had an interesting conversation with a Tom and Chee guy this morning. He said the Western Hills location was closed due to a breach of contract on the part of the developer in that they failed to build the office complex in the gravel lot behind the strip center which had been promised causing much less business than had been projected.
Old 02-21-18, 09:57 PM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
I saw this gallery of photos of the flooding at Fernbank Park posted on Reddit: https://imgur.com/gallery/z0UQN
Old 03-03-18, 11:19 PM
Freshman

Melody is on a distinguished road
They've been remodeling the Harrison Ave. Meijer the last 2 weeks its pretty much a disaster right now but what we assumed to be a Meijer gas station in parking lot is actually a Tesla charging station. Seems pretty random to me and much more people would use a gas station?
Old 03-04-18, 12:01 AM
All Yappi

A Tesla charging station is kinda like a gas station. I assume that location was chosen due to its proximity to I-74. Makes sense for Tesla drivers headed toward Indianapolis or Chicago.
Old 03-05-18, 06:19 PM
All Yappi

I got some photos of the Tesla Supercharger: https://imgur.com/gallery/mw19d
Old 03-06-18, 10:38 AM
All Region

jjk10 is on a distinguished road
Just saw this story on Fox 19 web site.

http://www.fox19.com/story/37658006/...ed-by-vehicles
Old 03-06-18, 10:47 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Truly great, well done on the Neighborhoods Committee and anyone else involved. Thanks for sharing, jjk.

I'll admit, I'm kind of surprised they renamed Vincent Ave as opposed to Panther Ct.
Old 03-06-18, 10:48 AM
All Region

jjk10 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjk10 View Post
Just saw this story on Fox 19 web site.

http://www.fox19.com/story/37658006/...ed-by-vehicles
Klusman and Regina Ave. New Address for Elder.
Old 03-08-18, 03:48 PM
All Yappi

13 Below Brewery is re-opening after cleaning up from the flood: https://www.wcpo.com/news/insider/13...dwater-cleanup
Old 03-08-18, 11:23 PM
Varsity

Cincinnati_Kid is on a distinguished road
K-Dot's on Westbourne has reopened as Mac's.
Old 03-09-18, 01:27 AM
All Yappi

Sig Hansen can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
Honest question: Has anyone under 80 years old ever eaten at this restaurant? That's what it looks like while driving by.
Old 03-09-18, 08:09 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Tried Vera Cruz again last night. Just your run of the mill, solid Mexican place. Menu was a little underwhelming with options but it was taste was still solid. Couldn't tell you any difference between Taqueria Mercado (any location), Vera Cruz, Pancho Villa in White Oak. I was a little irritated that they placed chips and salsa at the table the second we sat down, without asking, and then charged us for it. It's only $3 so not the end of the world but don't place it down automatically if you're going to charge. Seems cheap to do.
Old 03-09-18, 08:18 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
As in Mac's Pizza Pub? https://www.macspizzapub.com/
Old 03-09-18, 08:18 AM
All Yappi

According to the baner on the front of the building, the Panera on Harrison Ave opens on April 3.
Old 03-09-18, 10:31 AM
All Yappi

PantherVOR is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig Hansen View Post
Honest question: Has anyone under 80 years old ever eaten at this restaurant? That's what it looks like while driving by.
I ate at Kdots once. Weekday lunch. Good mix of ages. Food was ok, nothing special.
Old 03-09-18, 02:23 PM
Yappi Survivor Champion

Altiora 96 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Altiora 96 Send a message via Yahoo to Altiora 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHSfootball View Post
Altoria 96, you started this thread back in April of 2005 and were the first post to it. Did you ever think almost 13 years later and over 886.000 views it is still going strong?

I wonder if Yappi has another digit on its view meter when this thread turns to over 1,000,000 views in the near future?

Nice job.

Simply put.... no. Not a chance I could have imagined any of that. At that point in my life i was on Yappi wasting time at a job I absolutely hated. I couldn't see more than 20 minutes into my future..... 13 years was an impossibility.

I stop by here about once a year to see if this is still going. I'm never let down. You are truly a dedicated bunch.

As I mentioned in the opening paragraph of the opening post of this thread, the list was emailed to me. Chain emails were a thing then. After I posted this, I started getting links to this thread emailed to me from friends who had no idea I started it. They were just passing it down the line.

I've been living in FL for 12 of the 13 years that have gone by, but I still consider myself a "True Westsider".......

I sure wish these threads were monetized like YouTube!! I'd probably be at least a hundredaire by now.

Here's to another 13!

- Altiora 96
YAPPI SURVIVOR CHAMPION
True Westsider
Old 03-09-18, 07:59 PM
Freshman

Rumor has it that now Dicks is no longer interested in Sears... instead the building is looking to be split up by levels with additions built on. Party City relocating to part, Marshall's to another part and Old Navy taking up the rest. This seems weird and crazy to me. Old Navy already left the plaza once already but that was due to loosing their lease not because of poor sales. It would be nice to have a Marshall's but its so similar to TJ Maxx. I don't see how this would work with the multiple stores and different entrances. Again just a rumor I heard and thought I'd share it.....
Old 03-09-18, 08:31 PM
All Yappi

Marshalls and TJ Maxx are the same company. Unless TJ Maxx is closing, I don't see Marshalls opening.
Old 03-09-18, 11:18 PM
Freshman

I agree but its possible I guess in Hyde Park theres a TJ Maxx and Home Goods in the same plaza....... and in Kenwood they have the big hybrid store TJ Maxx / Marshalls and Home Goods.
Old 03-12-18, 09:20 PM
Varsity

Cincinnati_Kid is on a distinguished road
Quote:
As in Mac's Pizza Pub? https://www.macspizzapub.com/
No, it's unrelated, but you're not the first person to think that!
Old 03-16-18, 04:09 PM
All Yappi

The Business Courier has an update on the new housing development at the former Deer Run Country Club: https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinna...w.html?ana=twt
Old 03-17-18, 04:27 PM
All American

Vincent and Regina is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know what is going on, on River Road where the BBQ place that was built then stayed open for about a month before closing? The one across the street from Speedway?
Old 03-17-18, 10:20 PM
All Ohio

polar panther is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent and Regina View Post
Does anyone know what is going on, on River Road where the BBQ place that was built then stayed open for about a month before closing? The one across the street from Speedway?
Someone earlier shared a link that indicated they are clearing things out down there for some housing to be built, I think condos were mentioned.
Old 03-18-18, 06:02 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by polar panther View Post
Someone earlier shared a link that indicated they are clearing things out down there for some housing to be built, I think condos were mentioned.
Thanks, I was lazy and didn't look back.

I would urge caution to anyone buying there. You can see down the street where the wall is that they use to have a few house there. I counted at least 4 stairs that use to have house. The hill has "taken" back so previous homes.
Old 03-18-18, 06:23 PM
All American

Quote:
A new gas station is better than a shuttered drive thru.

Condos could still be built a little further east if the houses on Mt. Echo Rd are ever torn down. That would make more sense than people living directly on River Rd. trying to merge into traffic.
I lived on River Road for 29 years. I always backed into my driveway to make merging easier. Speed Limit is 40 on most of it. If you aren't doing 50 you get run over.

I use to go to the Riverside Civic Club every month when I lived there. When the officer would read our crime stats he would always say we are doing pretty good. Then he would tell us Price Hills stats then we would know we were doing real well. Back in the say everyone knew everyone and if you didn't belong people would start calling each other.

The spot where Cremer was built was suppose to be a shopping center much like Oakley Station, the one off Ridge with Meijer, Target, and where FC might build their stadium. Vandecar had bought a bunch of the old railroad yard there and even had options to buy all the house on the south side of River Road by Riverside Academy. Everything was ready to go then two things happened that screwed it over. First Pete Witte and John Cranley tried to form a TIF district for the property that was in Sedamsville and Riverside and have the money go to Price Hill. Sedamsville and Riverside were going to share the TIF district and use the money to improve Sedamsville and Riverside. Pete Witte tried to steal the money from Sedamsville and Riverside and give it to Price Hill. Well that didn't go over too well in Sedamsville and Riverside which caused more bickering delaying the project, then the recession hit. So thanks to Pete Witte, the thing never got started.