Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins: Gilmour Academy (4-0) at Mogadore (4-0)
Gilmour Academy by 1-7 1 12.50%
Gilmour Academy by 8-14 0 0%
Gilmour Academy by 15+ 0 0%
Mogadore by 1-7 2 25.00%
Mogadore by 8-14 4 50.00%
Mogadore by 15+ 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-18-17, 02:35 PM
Over The Hills Over The Hills is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-05-12
Location: FP H Section in the day
Posts: 737
Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Challenge Game (9/22): Gilmour Academy (4-0) at Mogadore (4-0)

Going to see this one Friday.

Thoughts?

Is this Mogadore team on par with their squads from the last couple years?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 09-18-17, 02:57 PM
Struthersfan Struthersfan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-20-11
Location: San Jacinto, California
Posts: 2,618
Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Mogadore has upgraded their schedule, thus closer scores.

Difficult to win in Mogadore.

Money's on the Wildcats.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-18-17, 05:54 PM
Over The Hills Over The Hills is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-05-12
Location: FP H Section in the day
Posts: 737
Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Last year week 2:

Mogadore. 21
Gilmour. 7

GA Sr. QB Cira suffered broken arm early in 1st Qtr in that game.
GA lost 4 starters to graduation counting QB. 5..... forgot about kicker.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-18-17, 06:13 PM
James x2 James x2 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Location: Over there
Posts: 341
James x2 is on a distinguished road
Wildcats are really tough at home

Would be surprised if Mogadore didn't win by at least 17
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-18-17, 06:54 PM
Over The Hills Over The Hills is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-05-12
Location: FP H Section in the day
Posts: 737
Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
How many returning starters for Mogadore his season?



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-18-17, 06:57 PM
Mr. Slippery's Avatar
Mr. Slippery Mr. Slippery is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-05-07
Location: Slippery Rock
Posts: 17,784
Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over The Hills View Post
How many returning starters for Mogadore his season?



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm sure you'll get an answer from Moggy faithful, but it's almost not even worth asking. Mogadore is one of those programs that reloads.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-18-17, 07:32 PM
ideliver ideliver is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-30-15
Posts: 389
ideliver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
I'm sure you'll get an answer from Moggy faithful, but it's almost not even worth asking. Mogadore is one of those programs that reloads.

Agree, but replacing an Austin Williams doesn't happen easily...even for a storied program like Mogadore
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-18-17, 07:46 PM
Over The Hills Over The Hills is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-05-12
Location: FP H Section in the day
Posts: 737
Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ideliver View Post
Agree, but replacing an Austin Williams doesn't happen easily...even for a storied program like Mogadore
He was a hell of a player for sure....# 44?

Is he playing college football somewhere?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-18-17, 07:56 PM
Over The Hills Over The Hills is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-05-12
Location: FP H Section in the day
Posts: 737
Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
I'm sure you'll get an answer from Moggy faithful, but it's almost not even worth asking. Mogadore is one of those programs that reloads.
Thanks Mr. Slip.

I am familiar with Mogadore for sure and I agree.
Saw them the last couple years.
Also saw them in State Championship in the 90's.
Most insane game ever after getting smoked in the 1st half.
They also had a crazy ending to playoff game against Tiffin Calvert in the 80's friends used to talk about all the time.

BTW I am coming to CCC with my sons to see the Winton Woods game in a few weeks.
Never been there and looking forward to it.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-18-17, 08:12 PM
FirestoneFan FirestoneFan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-02-02
Location: Suffield
Posts: 5,018
FirestoneFan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to FirestoneFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over The Hills View Post
Going to see this one Friday.

Thoughts?

Is this Mogadore team on par with their squads from the last couple years?
I will be there as well. I look for Moggy to win but not without a struggle. No superstar offensive threats for the Wilcats but the defense is pretty tough. 28-13 would be my guess.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-18-17, 08:19 PM
Over The Hills Over The Hills is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-05-12
Location: FP H Section in the day
Posts: 737
Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirestoneFan View Post
I will be there as well. I look for Moggy to win but not without a struggle. No superstar offensive threats for the Wilcats but the defense is pretty tough. 28-13 would be my guess.
Not sure will happen but on tradition and rep alone I expect Mogadore D to be hard hitting and very good.

Gilmour starting D hasn't given up a point yet in 4 games but the competition wasn't very strong.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-18-17, 08:27 PM
Mr. Slippery's Avatar
Mr. Slippery Mr. Slippery is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-05-07
Location: Slippery Rock
Posts: 17,784
Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over The Hills View Post
Thanks Mr. Slip.

I am familiar with Mogadore for sure and I agree.
Saw them the last couple years.
Also saw them in State Championship in the 90's.
Most insane game ever after getting smoked in the 1st half.
They also had a crazy ending to playoff game against Tiffin Calvert in the 80's friends used to talk about all the time.

BTW I am coming to CCC with my sons to see the Winton Woods game in a few weeks.
Never been there and looking forward to it.
You shouldn't have any trouble getting tickets. The 4+ hour drive will limit how many Winton Woods fans make the trip, and our more casual fans generally won't come if they've never heard of the opponent. I hope we can make it an entertaining game in 2.5 weeks. Winton Woods is reportedly loaded with talent this year. They usually have some talent, but it seems they have more than usual, and it has been translating into some big wins this year.

If you need any help with directions or tips on parking, just ask.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-18-17, 08:38 PM
Over The Hills Over The Hills is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-05-12
Location: FP H Section in the day
Posts: 737
Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Slippery View Post
You shouldn't have any trouble getting tickets. The 4+ hour drive will limit how many Winton Woods fans make the trip, and our more casual fans generally won't come if they've never heard of the opponent. I hope we can make it an entertaining game in 2.5 weeks. Winton Woods is reportedly loaded with talent this year. They usually have some talent, but it seems they have more than usual, and it has been translating into some big wins this year.

If you need any help with directions or tips on parking, just ask.
Thanks...I'll hit up the game thread that week for the local scoop.

I drove down from Cleveland last year when WW played at SVSM.
They brought the band and had maybe 200 fans?
There was more fans than I expected for such a long drive.
They are loaded this year for sure.

Back to this game....
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-18-17, 08:44 PM
Over The Hills Over The Hills is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-05-12
Location: FP H Section in the day
Posts: 737
Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Was really surprised at the score of the Mogadore vs Elyria Catholic game this season....thought they'd win bigger.

EC is 1-3 and lost to VASJ......it was VASJ's only win....Vikes also 1-3.

I try not to form too much of an opinion on teams unless I have watched them play.
Comparing scores is tricky biz.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-18-17, 09:27 PM
wildcat71 wildcat71 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-10-10
Posts: 1,599
wildcat71 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over The Hills View Post
Was really surprised at the score of the Mogadore vs Elyria Catholic game this season....thought they'd win bigger.

EC is 1-3 and lost to VASJ......it was VASJ's only win....Vikes also 1-3.

I try not to form too much of an opinion on teams unless I have watched them play.
Comparing scores is tricky biz.
MOGADORE does not usually run up a score on teams. From my understanding they were already up 28-7 when second, third team entered. Most cases the other teams leave in starters and you have a closer final score. This game was not that clise..
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-18-17, 09:42 PM
Yappi Yappi is offline
Go Buckeyes
 
Join Date: 04-15-01
Location: Ohio
Posts: 47,081
Yappi will become famous soon enough
Gilmour Academy (4-0) at Mogadore (4-0)
08/26/17 Gilmour Academy (Gates Mills) 26, East Technical (Cleveland) 6
09/02/17 Gilmour Academy (Gates Mills) 16, Valley Christian School (Youngstown) 0
09/09/17 Gilmour Academy (Gates Mills) 38, Hawken (Gates Mills) 8
09/16/17 Gilmour Academy (Gates Mills) 34, Trinity (Garfield Heights) 0
08/25/17 Mogadore (Mogadore) 28, Linsly (Wheeling) [WV] 0
09/01/17 Mogadore (Mogadore) 34, Geneva (Geneva) 21
09/08/17 Mogadore (Mogadore) 14, Norton (Norton) 13
09/15/17 Mogadore (Mogadore) 35, Elyria Catholic (Elyria) 21

Play this game and the other 11 games in the pick'em here:
http://www.yappi.com/contest/contest.php
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-19-17, 09:19 AM
Over The Hills Over The Hills is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-05-12
Location: FP H Section in the day
Posts: 737
Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
This week's AP D5 & D6 Polls:

Both teams ranked in Top Ten this week:

DIVISION V

1. Pemberville Eastwood (12)4-0225

2. Canfield S. Range (7)4-0207

3. Anna (1)4-0175

4. Wheelersburg (4)4-0168

5. Liberty Center (1)4-0154

6. Genoa Area4-0102

7. Portsmouth West4-090

8. Orwell Grand Valley4-078

9. Gates Mills Gilmour Academy4-033

10. Marion Pleasant3-028

Others receiving 12 or more points: Jamestown Greeneview (1) 27. Sullivan Black River 23. Gahanna Columbus Academy 16. Johnstown Northridge 12. Milan Edison 12.

----------------------------------------------

DIVISION VI

1. Maria Stein Marion Local (23)4-0255

2. St. Henry4-0188

3. Creston Norwayne (1)4-0169

4. Kirtland (2)4-0168

5. Mogadore4-0166

6. Carey4-0100

7. Smithville4-090

8. Coldwater2-263

9. Sarahsville Shenandoah4-057

10. Nelsonville-York4-038

Others receiving 12 or more points: West Liberty-Salem 27. Shadyside 17. Findlay Liberty-Benton 15. Tipp City Bethel 14. Galion Northmor 13.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-19-17, 10:12 AM
IUDOGS IUDOGS is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-29-01
Location: BLOOMINGTON, IN USA
Posts: 5,395
IUDOGS is on a distinguished road
Cool Week 5: Gates Mills Gilmour Academy at Mogadore

It's September 19, 2017

Drew Pasteur's has it:

Mogadore: -10



This is IUDOGS signing off.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-19-17, 02:38 PM
Over The Hills Over The Hills is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-05-12
Location: FP H Section in the day
Posts: 737
Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Mogadore guys ...

If we can get there a bit early where is the spot to grab a burger or wings and a few brews?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-19-17, 06:47 PM
chopblock chopblock is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-20-04
Location: USA
Posts: 232
chopblock
Roma's pizza about 1 block from stadium. Went there last year before a game. It is hooked to the wildcat cafe. There is some football memorabilia in there.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-20-17, 03:21 PM
jmog jmog is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-11-12
Posts: 2,270
jmog is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over The Hills View Post
Mogadore guys ...

If we can get there a bit early where is the spot to grab a burger or wings and a few brews?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roma's pizza about 2 blocks from the stadium.

If you get there early enough and have a few extra minutes, try The Clay Oven instead. Food is amazing, all cooked in a home made wood fired clay brick oven. Mostly Italian fare but darn good.

They have a full bar too. The food prep takes a little longer than Roma's but is worth the wait. Food is second to none.

Clay oven is 1 block from school, about half way between school and Roma's. Across from the gas station.

Trust me, get there early enough and eat at Clay Oven. It is worth it.

Owner is Joe Skye, father of probably the the best defender on Mogadore's team and a 2 time state placer in wrestling (Paul Skye).

Roma's atmosphere is all Mogadore sports and would be a great beer stop after the game to see the small town sports memorabilia.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-20-17, 03:23 PM
jmog jmog is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-11-12
Posts: 2,270
jmog is on a distinguished road
Cal preps says Mogadore 24-17 on a neutral field.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-21-17, 07:13 AM
Over The Hills Over The Hills is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-05-12
Location: FP H Section in the day
Posts: 737
Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopblock View Post
Roma's pizza about 1 block from stadium. Went there last year before a game. It is hooked to the wildcat cafe. There is some football memorabilia in there.
Thanks Chop.

Nothing better than grabbing some grub in a place before the game loaded with photos and jerseys of the local schools.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-21-17, 07:14 AM
Over The Hills Over The Hills is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-05-12
Location: FP H Section in the day
Posts: 737
Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmog View Post
Roma's pizza about 2 blocks from the stadium.

If you get there early enough and have a few extra minutes, try The Clay Oven instead. Food is amazing, all cooked in a home made wood fired clay brick oven. Mostly Italian fare but darn good.

They have a full bar too. The food prep takes a little longer than Roma's but is worth the wait. Food is second to none.

Clay oven is 1 block from school, about half way between school and Roma's. Across from the gas station.

Trust me, get there early enough and eat at Clay Oven. It is worth it.

Owner is Joe Skye, father of probably the the best defender on Mogadore's team and a 2 time state placer in wrestling (Paul Skye).

Roma's atmosphere is all Mogadore sports and would be a great beer stop after the game to see the small town sports memorabilia.
Thanks JMOG.

Hope to get there......can't seem to have enough time these days to get anywhere early lol.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-21-17, 07:22 AM
Over The Hills Over The Hills is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-05-12
Location: FP H Section in the day
Posts: 737
Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Hoping these two teams continue to play each other.

Next season Gilmour enters the North Coast League.

Not sure what that will do the schedule overall.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-22-17, 07:35 AM
Over The Hills Over The Hills is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-05-12
Location: FP H Section in the day
Posts: 737
Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Game Day

What is the scouting report on Mogadore?

GA is a little thin with about 30 guys dressed grades 9-12.

D line has been the strength of the team led by Senior DI commit (Buffalo) Tyler Leroux and Junior Jack Kosar.
The entire defense has been really good so far.

Offense is more of an old school spread with QB under center.
Lotta different guys contribute.
Will have to throw more against this tough part of the schedule but I think they are up for it.
Junior QB Jack Krebs is one tough azz football player no doubt.

Main weakness is just roster #'s with lots of guys that take a ton of snaps.
Overall the team is pretty healthy with one exception so far.

Any info on Mogadore?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-23-17, 07:42 AM
jmog jmog is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 05-11-12
Posts: 2,270
jmog is on a distinguished road
Good hard hitting game.

GA returns the opening kickoff for TD and both defenses are extremely stout the whole first half leaving the score 7-0 at half.

Mogadore nearly returns the 2nd half kickoff for a TD and then only has to go about 30/35 yards to tie the score.

I think with the lower numbers GA just got worn down by the middle of the 3rd Q. Mogadore's defense was just as good in the 2nd half if not better but Mogadore was able tO punch it in 3 times during the half.

Mogadore 21
GA 7

Good game
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-23-17, 07:46 AM
BuckeyeUrban BuckeyeUrban is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-19-14
Posts: 450
BuckeyeUrban is on a distinguished road
Congrats to Moggy! Another solid win over a private school! Score one for the Publics! Lol
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Challenge Game (9/22): Stow-Munroe Falls (4-0) at Wadsworth (4-0) Yappi Football 30 09-23-17 08:44 AM
Challenge Game (9/22): Wheelersburg (4-0) at Jackson (4-0) Yappi Football 6 09-22-17 11:33 PM
Challenge Game (9/22): Kettering Fairmont (4-0) at Beavercreek (4-0) slowyourroll Football 36 09-22-17 10:07 PM
Challenge Game (9/22): Canton South (4-0) at Salem (4-0) Yappi Football 3 09-21-17 11:52 AM
Challenge Game (9/15): Columbus Academy (3-0) at London (3-0) Yappi Football 1 09-13-17 09:16 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:15 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz