Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-19-17, 11:31 AM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
Matchups matter also, since all schools don't play each other.

What if these were 2 potential crossover schedules for 2016 (last year because, quite frankly, the Buckeye was better last year)
Franklin-Carlisle
VV-Madison
Bellbrook-MU
Brookville-Preble
Monroe-Northridge
Oakwood-Dixie
Eaton-Waynesville

the SW would probably go 7-0 in that scenario.

What if the schedule was:
Franklin-Waynesville
VV-Dixie
Bellbrook-Northridge
Monroe-Madison (played, Mad won)
Oakwood-MU (played, MU won)
Brookville-Carlisle
Eaton-Preble

The last 2 games woulda been toss-ups in my book. The Buckeye could've gone 4-3.
We all know the SW is better, but the numbers don't mean anything to me unless they all play each other.
Old 09-20-17, 07:27 AM
All Region

Use2ball is on a distinguished road
Yes from what I've seen the buckeye is very down this year compared to last year and even the year before. I thought Madison would run rough shot through the league and their schedule with Milton right behind them but they have looked very vulnerable and a very thin carlisle team with a couple nice players could surprise them. The sw looks as strong as I've seen it, bellbrook still has to beat Franklin or valley view to be taken serious. I still would agree franklin d is not as strong as last year.
Old 09-20-17, 07:35 AM
All American

Captain Awesome is on a distinguished road
Franklin D is much improved over last years.
Old 09-20-17, 07:40 AM
All Ohio

CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
which one is it fellas franklin d improved or not?
Old 09-20-17, 07:44 AM
Junior Varsity

VVboys32 is on a distinguished road
They've allowed 42 points in 4 games! Not sure how many yards allowed in the passing/running game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-17, 07:49 AM
All American

They are giving up less than 200 yards a game /
Old 09-20-17, 07:49 AM
Junior Varsity

VVboys32 is on a distinguished road
Last year at this time, against the same opponents, they gave up 62 points! This doesn't say much considering this is a whole new year! Just some numbers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-17, 08:33 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Franklin D is much improved over last years.
How do you figure? You loss Kramer, Scott, Hillard,etter all multi year starters also Robinson and Kevin banks. Several was all sw Ohio and a couple playing college ball. Franklin had all the big play makers they have this year with all these multi year all SWBL Performers. Franklin was better O and D last year. Everybody they have played is much weaker this year.
Old 09-20-17, 08:39 AM
All American

eagle172 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to eagle172
Franklins "D"

Franklin gave up less than 200 yards to Piqua( 1- 1st down in 1st half) a team that put 35 pts.and 400 yards against Trotwood...This would be my 1st clue. I would say the defense is improved.IMO
Old 09-20-17, 08:49 AM
Varsity

Franklin77 is on a distinguished road
When you giving up 20 plus points a game on average. then several games 30 to 40 plus points a game last year not good. This year they haven't had to have offense winning games. Defense is helping them a lot more this year then last yea.
Old 09-20-17, 09:01 AM
All American

Not always about Jimmy's and Joe's the scheme has gotten better, they returned Centers, Knipper, Clark all three LB's, and they returned Glossip, and Kepler on the line, so five starters on D, and Figliola and Arnwine played a bunch last year so that's seven guys returning who have played a lot of football on Friday nights.

Not like they are young on that side of the ball, and the biggest thing is the depth they rotate a lot of bodies on that defensive front 7, not only keeping fresh bodies on the field, but they are building for the future. This team is deep as shown by Woods coming in for White and beating a Piqua team who took Trotwood to the wire, it was 0-0 when he came in.
Old 09-20-17, 10:05 AM
All District

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Use2ball View Post
Yes from what I've seen the buckeye is very down this year compared to last year and even the year before. I thought Madison would run rough shot through the league and their schedule with Milton right behind them but they have looked very vulnerable and a very thin carlisle team with a couple nice players could surprise them. The sw looks as strong as I've seen it, bellbrook still has to beat Franklin or valley view to be taken serious. I still would agree franklin d is not as strong as last year.
Madison still might run through the Buckeye, I think Oakwood might be a problem for them this week, though. The way they threw the ball over Monroe's head last Friday, is the same way Monroe was able to beat Madison. But overall you're right, the Buckeye division seems to be down, which might allow Madison to blow through the division and still make the playoffs.
Old 09-20-17, 10:10 AM
All World

ex_dc_atc is on a distinguished road
Franklin's game against Piqua is what stands out to me. It shows their defensive improvement.

Last edited by ex_dc_atc; 09-20-17 at 02:11 PM.
Old 09-20-17, 10:38 AM
All Ohio

CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
hornets will get a first hand look at that franklin defense in october but at least its at home. in the meantime we gotta get past those folks up in brookville which aint an easy thing to do especially at their place
Old 09-20-17, 11:11 AM
All Region

BBfootball92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Not always about Jimmy's and Joe's the scheme has gotten better, they returned Centers, Knipper, Clark all three LB's, and they returned Glossip, and Kepler on the line, so five starters on D, and Figliola and Arnwine played a bunch last year so that's seven guys returning who have played a lot of football on Friday nights.

Not like they are young on that side of the ball, and the biggest thing is the depth they rotate a lot of bodies on that defensive front 7, not only keeping fresh bodies on the field, but they are building for the future. This team is deep as shown by Woods coming in for White and beating a Piqua team who took Trotwood to the wire, it was 0-0 when he came in.
You can't bank on what piqua did with trotwood. The last 3 years they've (trotwood)gotten off to poor starts the opening 2 weeks of the season and turned it on. Look on max preps if you don't remember. Not taking anything away from piqua because it is impressive but t wood can sleep walk through those games and still come out on top , they get much more improved as the season goes on
Old 09-20-17, 01:03 PM
All American

Play-offs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOldBlood View Post
Madison still might run through the Buckeye, I think Oakwood might be a problem for them this week, though. The way they threw the ball over Monroe's head last Friday, is the same way Monroe was able to beat Madison. But overall you're right, the Buckeye division seems to be down, which might allow Madison to blow through the division and still make the playoffs.
I think The Mohawks would need to run the table to play in week 11. IMO I think the drop 2 of the next 3
Old 09-20-17, 01:58 PM
All District

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle172 View Post
I think The Mohawks would need to run the table to play in week 11. IMO I think the drop 2 of the next 3
If Madison doesn't make the playoffs this year, there will be a lot of long faces in Mohawk-land. They been hanging their hat on this team since the end of last season. I think everyone will know more about the team after Oakwood this week. I personally think the Monroe game was a fluke and I expected VV to give them fits, but they hung in there for a half before VV wore them down. After watching Oakwood last week, I think Madison has better players, we'll see if they show up to play.
Old 09-20-17, 04:16 PM
All American

Pass D

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOldBlood View Post
If Madison doesn't make the playoffs this year, there will be a lot of long faces in Mohawk-land. They been hanging their hat on this team since the end of last season. I think everyone will know more about the team after Oakwood this week. I personally think the Monroe game was a fluke and I expected VV to give them fits, but they hung in there for a half before VV wore them down. After watching Oakwood last week, I think Madison has better players, we'll see if they show up to play.
Better Show up with the Pass Defense!
Old 09-21-17, 08:07 AM
Freshman

GoArrowsGo is on a distinguished road
In keeping with the Southwestern vs. Buckeye theme as it related to this year. Madison could very well run the table and win the Buckeye (I think they will) and Monroe could very well finish last in the Southwestern (though I think they will beat Eaton and have a shot against Brookville). Monroe handled Madison pretty well so that right there says a lot about the difference between the quality of teams in each side of this conference right now
Old 09-21-17, 09:21 AM
All Region

Looking over the Defensive stats for Franklin you still can't convince me last years D didn't have better players, the scheme may have improved but all the key contributors this year was on D last, plus the players I mentioned. The secondary seemed weak last year but only oakwood really exploited it, I heard you have a new db coach which probably helps.
Old 09-21-17, 09:25 AM
All Region

One impressive D stat for Franklin i saw is the longest run they have allowed in the last 2 years was a 46 yard run by Ridge Reed of carlisle and that was 1st game of last season.
Old 09-21-17, 11:17 AM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Franklin-Valley View

Franklin-Valley View: Something's got to give in clash of SWBL unbeatens

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/p...BpVDcBbLLLAuL/
Old 09-21-17, 11:24 AM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
Use2ball. I know zero about Franklin's D, but I have an observation. If they have alot of the same kids, is it possible those kids are bigger, faster, stronger, and experienced? If those kids are now as good as the ones who graduated, and the new starters are as good as these kids were last year....Is it possible the parts aren't as good but the TEAM is?
Old 09-21-17, 12:08 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by dograt View Post
Use2ball. I know zero about Franklin's D, but I have an observation. If they have alot of the same kids, is it possible those kids are bigger, faster, stronger, and experienced? If those kids are now as good as the ones who graduated, and the new starters are as good as these kids were last year....Is it possible the parts aren't as good but the TEAM is?
Only hole that theory has is im basing what I say on the fact I saw them 3 times last year and twice this. The players that return don't look any better than last year and they lost 3 All- sw Ohio players who was multiple year starters that none of the young guys look anywhere close to. scheme may be better talent is not.

Last edited by Use2ball; 09-21-17 at 12:41 PM.
Old 09-21-17, 06:56 PM
All Ohio

CHS91 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Use2ball View Post
One impressive D stat for Franklin i saw is the longest run they have allowed in the last 2 years was a 46 yard run by Ridge Reed of carlisle and that was 1st game of last season.

That's not true. St Mary's ran all over Franklin, including a 65 yard touchdown run. They had close to 500 yards rushing.
Old 09-21-17, 08:05 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Quote:
Originally Posted by dograt View Post
Matchups matter also, since all schools don't play each other.

What if these were 2 potential crossover schedules for 2016 (last year because, quite frankly, the Buckeye was better last year)
Franklin-Carlisle
VV-Madison
Bellbrook-MU
Brookville-Preble
Monroe-Northridge
Oakwood-Dixie
Eaton-Waynesville

the SW would probably go 7-0 in that scenario.

What if the schedule was:
Franklin-Waynesville
VV-Dixie
Bellbrook-Northridge
Monroe-Madison (played, Mad won)
Oakwood-MU (played, MU won)
Brookville-Carlisle
Eaton-Preble

The last 2 games woulda been toss-ups in my book. The Buckeye could've gone 4-3.
We all know the SW is better, but the numbers don't mean anything to me unless they all play each other.
Oakwood beat MU this year.
Old 09-22-17, 08:30 AM
All Region

It's hard to look at last year and also hard to compare teams and opponents scores , it gives you a little bit of insight but can also be very deceiving especially in high school ball. Example:
Franklin 51
Bellbrook 13

Franklin 66
Oakwood 48 (was agame until late 3rd-early 4th)

Bellbrook 28
Oakwood 0

Weird stuff lol
Old 09-22-17, 07:10 PM
All Region

Updates ??
Bb 14
Eaton 0 half
We lost #1 ferguson to injury ... going to hurt our swbl league chances with valley view and franklin looming the next 2 weeks
Old 09-22-17, 07:15 PM
Varsity

dogsdogsdogs is on a distinguished road
Dogs look bad down 16-6 at halftime
Old 09-22-17, 07:31 PM
All Region

21-0 bellbrook winning 6 to go in 3rd