Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-21-17, 09:03 PM
All American

bigkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
I believe he was referencing programs who were dominant for a long time and then fell from grace for a time like he is hoping that is in coldwater future.

It may be, but my comment was thst Minster did not deserve to be in the category of having a long standing dominant time as they went from 89 until 20whenever between titles. You remember those times....the years they didn't put in that extra work in the offseason....
so winning a State title is the only way to see if you are dominant ?

yes but we had dang good Acme teams during that time....

also with Coldwater having so many EXTRA boys and half the Seniors being 19 when they graduate, they should be dang good....
Old 09-22-17, 04:09 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
so winning a State title is the only way to see if you are dominant ?

yes but we had dang good Acme teams during that time....

also with Coldwater having so many EXTRA boys and half the Seniors being 19 when they graduate, they should be dang good....
Always heard that about MSML. Think we may try to experiment with 20 years next to try and compete with the Flyers.
Old 09-22-17, 10:02 PM
All Ohio

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Well we won... Not pretty but we won
Old 09-22-17, 10:04 PM
Freshman

Auto is on a distinguished road
Great team defense. Many more close games to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-17, 10:06 PM
All Ohio

Coldwater's defense can hold their own but the Penalties on both sides of the ball need to STOP.
Old 09-22-17, 10:54 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Coldwater's defense can hold their own but the Penalties on both sides of the ball need to STOP.
Just woke up and saw the score! Sounds like a true backyard brawl! Wonder how often 3 fg's are in a hs game especially at the smaller divisions.

Enjoy the win, watch films in the AM and get to work on the next opponant...which is?

Great job cavs!
Old 09-22-17, 11:43 PM
Freshman

BigPSH is on a distinguished road
Back to Fishmos to forget this game.
Old 09-23-17, 03:17 AM
All District

Msfootball is on a distinguished road
No shock really. As I said previously, Coldwater just has a psychological vise-grip on the Skins. How many in a row is that? I was rooting for St. Henry because would rather not see the Flyers have to play Coldwater twice this year. Looking at the bigger picture, starting to favor Kirtland to win state. I see they won like 60-0 tonight. Afraid the MAC teams are going to eat each other alive in D6
Old 09-23-17, 03:20 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msfootball View Post
No shock really. As I said previously, Coldwater just has a psychological vise-grip on the Skins. How many in a row is that? I was rooting for St. Henry because would rather not see the Flyers have to play Coldwater twice this year. Looking at the bigger picture, starting to favor Kirtland to win state. I see they won like 60-0 tonight. Afraid the MAC teams are going to eat each other alive in D6
Kirtland is the odds-on favorite in D6 there is no doubt about that. They have given MAC teams all they can handle in the past and although the MAC is very even this year and likely the most balanced ever I don't believe they have a team that is just stacked like in the past.

If the Hornets can dispatch and play with our most elite teams of the past they shouldn't have a problem this year when the teams aren't at the same level as years prior.

Last edited by thavoice; 09-23-17 at 03:37 AM.
Old 09-23-17, 03:30 AM
All District

Msfootball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Kirtland is the odds-on favorite in D6 there is no doubt about that. They have given MAC teams all they can handle in the past and although the MAC is very even this year and likely the most balanced ever I don't believe they have a team that is just stacked like in the past.

If the Hornets can dispatch and play with our most elite teams of the past they shouldn't have a problem this year when the teams aren't at the same level as in the past.
I agree with you. Usually when I see a small school in northeast ohio winning 60-0 it doesn't concern me at all. But we know Kirtland is a different animal. I would make Kirtland the favorites also.
Old 09-23-17, 03:36 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
I agree with you. Usually when I see a small school in northeast ohio winning 60-0 it doesn't concern me at all. But we know Kirtland is a different animal. I would make Kirtland the favorites also.

Unless Minster can pull one out in D7 the MAC likely gets shut out this year.
Sort of ironic in a year where the league has more very good teams than ever before and they get shut out of the gold.

It was a great run though and all good things must come to an end.
Old 09-23-17, 08:20 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Just woke up and saw the score! Sounds like a true backyard brawl! Wonder how often 3 fg's are in a hs game especially at the smaller divisions.

Enjoy the win, watch films in the AM and get to work on the next opponant...which is?

Great job cavs!
Parkway
Old 09-23-17, 08:21 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
22 games in 21 years I believe and unfortunately yes. Kirtland has my upmost respect so if they win state I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 09-23-17, 08:28 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Unless Minster can pull one out in D7 the MAC likely gets shut out this year.
Sort of ironic in a year where the league has more very good teams than ever before and they get shut out of the gold.

It was a great run though and all good things must come to an end.
I think they can but them and Cuyahoga Heights are probably going to look like the Kirtland game 3 years ago but they have to get their first. Crestview looks like a good ball club too!
Old 09-24-17, 09:22 AM
All Region

Cavman96 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPSH View Post
Back to Fishmos to forget this game.
I have to hand it to you. I thought St. Henry was the better ball club on Friday. I don't know if I'd want to see you guys again in the playoffs. Now, do all of us a favor and go beat Marion.

I heard they struggled a bit against Versailles.
Old 09-24-17, 09:26 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavman96 View Post
I have to hand it to you. I thought St. Henry was the better ball club on Friday. I don't know if I'd want to see you guys again in the playoffs. Now, do all of us a favor and go beat Marion.

I heard they struggled a bit against Versailles.
Ditto. They don't play for a few weeks yet. Maybe Anna can pull off a stunner this week.
Old 09-24-17, 09:32 AM
All Region

Cavman96 is on a distinguished road
Looking at St. Henry, I thought Fishbaugh was a senior. He's a junior. Is Andrew Lange Daylon Lange's younger brother?

They could be good for a while.