Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-29-16, 07:21 AM
All Region

throwback is on a distinguished road
SWOC Champs vs GCL-S Champs Rd 1

Congrats to Edgewood for winning the SWOC outright. Unfortunately their prize is a trip to LaSalle for an end of season beat down by the LaSalle defense. Positive is that Cougar fans will get to see some real big boy football. The 1 town all stars against the half a county all stars. David versus Goliath without a slingshot. LaSalle by 4 (touchdowns that is).
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-16, 07:40 AM
Freshman

Edgefan20 is on a distinguished road
I'm not going to say Edgewood is going to pull the upset but there is a reason we play the football games. Edgewood is know for knocking off goliath and any given day that can happen.
Old 10-29-16, 07:47 AM
All Region

M86 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgefan20 View Post
I'm not going to say Edgewood is going to pull the upset but there is a reason we play the football games. Edgewood is know for knocking off goliath and any given day that can happen.
Just telling you. Been watching HS football for 25 years and Edgewood has never seen a team like this LaSalle team. Not the old Trotwood or Winton teams they upset. This Lancer team will not give you an inch. I would love to see Edgewood do well but realistically I just don't see it.

LaSalle would fight for the D1 title this year. Dominant.
Old 10-29-16, 07:52 AM
All Region

throwback is on a distinguished road
Edgefan, it is great to support your team but pulling an upset against LaSalle is not likely. Just look at the level of competition LaSalle is playing and winning. Giving up only 6 points to Colerain. Yikes. Beating Moeller, Elder, and X. Those are all big boy teams who would decimate any team on Edgewood's schedule. You don't become competitive with the big dogs by beating up on the baby seals in the SWOC.
Old 10-29-16, 08:28 AM
All American

EdgeFan57 is on a distinguished road
Edgewood appears to be building the program back to the winning ways again. Winning the SWOC outright and landing a playoff game against Goliath. Edgewood will definitely be the underdog by at least 3-4 scores. I'd love to see an excellent week of preparation and come in the overwhelming underdog put enough fight in this dog to keep it close. Regardless I'll be there supporting the Blue!!!

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk
Old 10-29-16, 09:03 AM
All District

Weflyhigh513 is on a distinguished road
LaSalle by 35. Second half starts with a running clock

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 10-30-16, 08:52 PM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Playoffs

Week 11: Edgewood-La Salle among local first-round matchups

http://www.journal-news.com/sports/w...XwabHsbhqq2pN/
Old 10-30-16, 09:03 PM
All Yappi

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by throwback View Post
Congrats to Edgewood for winning the SWOC outright. Unfortunately their prize is a trip to LaSalle for an end of season beat down by the LaSalle defense. Positive is that Cougar fans will get to see some real big boy football. The 1 town all stars against the half a county all stars. David versus Goliath without a slingshot. LaSalle by 4 (touchdowns that is).
Uh yeah you are right.Uh Lasalle is an all-star team just like the rest of the private schools in the state. Noway Public schools can compete with 3 county all-star teams. All the private schools should be bumped up to D1. Columbus Desales had 31 seniors from 13 different middle schools. No way a public school with one middle school can compete with that.
Old 10-31-16, 08:27 AM
Freshman

The sad thing is those trotwood teams had a solid 7+ power five d1 kids on their rosters. Edgewood has seen teams as talented as lasalle. Edgewood beat up on a very good Brookhaven team. All I am saying is they won't lay down to a name of a program. Edgewood is not as talented as lasalle obviously being able to pick the kids you want from the west side of Cincy has its benefits. But I believe there are two dogs in this fight. And if it doesn't get ugly real quick like most of you are predicting, you are in for a dog fight. I believe the team we played from Columbus has as much talent as lasalle and it didn't get ugly until the 2nd half. I believe that team has something like 5 D1 guys on it and I'm pretty sure 3 of them were up front. All I am saying is don't count Edgewood out because the game is played on the field and not in this chat room.
Old 10-31-16, 08:37 AM
Freshman

You can look at common opponents of teams Edgewood beat and lasalle. You beat Canada prep by 18 and mount healthy beat them by 7 we beat mount healthy by 21. Harrison barely lost to east central and you guys dominated them. But Edgewood handled Harrison. I'm just saying there is correlation of why I say an upset can happen. Does Edgewood play near the schedule lasalle does, not event close but teams we play have played some good teams and have had good results or close games.
Old 10-31-16, 08:51 AM
All District

And here we go with the upset talk again. You can not use common opponents to determine what one team will do against another, many have tried in the past and failed. But you get your hopes if you want, just like the last 10 LS opponents who were going to shock the world. If you think LS cant handle the Wing T, just search LaSalle vs. Perry in youtube and watch the highlights from last years title game against Mr. Football. The LS defense has only gotten better and flies to the ball. Your QB better be ready to throw otherwise it will be a long night for Cougar nation.

Old 10-31-16, 09:26 AM
All American

If Edgewood can come in with the same intensity they did against DeSales and play a PERFECT GAME then and only then will this game be close at all. I'm a diehard Edgewood fan, but I'm a realist too. I think most Edgewood fans feel the same way. We're proud of our program and support them win or lose. We can't just hand pick our players like most big programs can do. We play with cards we're dealt and usually succeed very well. That's what makes us so proud. It'll definitely be David vs Goliath but don't think for one second that David won't bring his slingshot (like someone else had mentioned)
Good luck to both teams and GO COUGARS.

Old 10-31-16, 09:31 AM
Freshman

I don't know if you read my previous post but I am pretty sure I already gave lasalle where credit is due, how can you not two time defending state champs. I clearly stated that if the game doesn't get ugly quick it's gonna be a dog fight. I said lasalle is superior in the talent department, but I wouldn't expect someone who appears to be quite arrogant to read what's on the post in plain black and white. EdgeFan57 is right it's gonna take a perfect game to win for the cougs.
Old 10-31-16, 10:44 AM
All District

Quote:
I don't know if you read my previous post but I am pretty sure I already gave lasalle where credit is due, how can you not two time defending state champs. I clearly stated that if the game doesn't get ugly quick it's gonna be a dog fight. I said lasalle is superior in the talent department, but I wouldn't expect someone who appears to be quite arrogant to read what's on the post in plain black and white. EdgeFan57 is right it's gonna take a perfect game to win for the cougs.
No what you actually tried to do was correlate that because LaSalle dominated East Central, who barely beat Harrison, and you dominated Harrison, that you could hang with LaSalle. That was the logic that you tried to use.

Old 10-31-16, 11:11 AM
All Region

Pull-to-Trap is on a distinguished road
Analyzing Edgewood's entire season reveals a few things:

Injuries on the first series of the first game had an impact on the first few games. It took at least two games to get the situation settled. The current center hadn't ever played the position before so that took a minute or two to learn. He seems to have a handle on it now and they are playing their best NOW. Pretty good adjustment I would say.
Running backs are just getting into their grove really. What does it look like if Garrett and Hayden aren't also injured on that first series?

Defense is young and only their second season in that system; also playing their best NOW.

No excuses but barring the injuries this team is 9-1. St Francis Desales was the real deal and probably gives LaSalle a run if they had played. I believe Edgewood learned alot from that game which will help them come Friday. Besides, I didn't see a 245 fast and powerful RB on the LaSalle roster and that was the main problem.

Irregardless, I will be there supporting Edgewood no matter what, as usual.

You will be hard pressed to find a team with the sort of passionate following, love and support that Edgewood has. We are hard on opponents, referees and even ourselves at times during the game, but its with passion and good intent. I hope its a good one. See you there and good luck.
Old 10-31-16, 11:21 AM
All American

lasalle9802 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull-to-Trap View Post
Analyzing Edgewood's entire season reveals a few things:

Injuries on the first series of the first game had an impact on the first few games. It took at least two games to get the situation settled. The current center hadn't ever played the position before so that took a minute or two to learn. He seems to have a handle on it now and they are playing their best NOW. Pretty good adjustment I would say.
Running backs are just getting into their grove really. What does it look like if Garrett and Hayden aren't also injured on that first series?

Defense is young and only their second season in that system; also playing their best NOW.

No excuses but barring the injuries this team is 9-1. St Francis Desales was the real deal and probably gives LaSalle a run if they had played. I believe Edgewood learned alot from that game which will help them come Friday. Besides, I didn't see a 245 fast and powerful RB on the LaSalle roster and that was the main problem.

You will be hard pressed to find a team with the sort of passionate following, love and support that Edgewood has. We are hard on opponents, referees and even ourselves at times during the game, but its with passion and good intent. I hope its a good one. See you there and good luck.
#2 White.
Old 10-31-16, 11:28 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasalle9802 View Post
#2 White.
I see that but not 6'1 and 245 with speed. Understanding that the rosters typically add height and weight, #2 is listed 5'11 and 200. The kid from DeSales was legit and maybe even heavier than 245. 50lbs is a big difference. As the Donald would say, that hurts bigly....
Old 10-31-16, 11:42 AM
All American

Extra Point is an unknown quantity at this point
[QUOTE=Pull-to-Trap;6604502] Irregardless, I will be there supporting Edgewood no matter what, as usual.

If you graduated from a private school, you would know that irregardless is not a word.....

Edgewood does not have much of a chance, regardless of the great community support.....
Old 10-31-16, 12:12 PM
All Region

[QUOTE=Extra Point;6604568]
Quote:

If you graduated from a private school, you would know that irregardless is not a word.....

Edgewood does not have much of a chance, regardless of the great community support.....
Actually its a "nonstandard" adverb used to apply emphasis. Kind of a combo of irrespective and regardless. But thanks though.....
Old 10-31-16, 12:27 PM
All American

Quote:
I see that but not 6'1 and 245 with speed. Understanding that the rosters typically add height and weight, #2 is listed 5'11 and 200. The kid from DeSales was legit and maybe even heavier than 245. 50lbs is a big difference. As the Donald would say, that hurts bigly....
Don't forget he also has been clocked at a 4.6 in the 40. Reminded me of Earl Campbell. I was expecting big and fast but didn't expect the power he had. Alonzo Booth is a beast if anyone wants to check him out on YouTube.

Old 10-31-16, 12:31 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasalle9802 View Post
#2 White.
According to the GCL website #2 is listed at 5'8" 185...
The back from DeSales is 6'1" 245.

Last edited by EdgeFan57; 10-31-16 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-31-16, 12:47 PM
All District

CinciSportsFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgeFan57 View Post
#2 is listed at 5'8" 185...
The back from DeSales is 6'1" 245.

He's also a 4 star athlete that is going to a major D1. Trying to make a case that 2 players are comparable in ability based on size is rediculous. Hell, J. Larkin was 5'10 180 and is a top 3 back in GCL history and it'd be asinine to say size impacted his ability in a negative way.
Old 10-31-16, 12:58 PM
All Region

wrestlingdad3 is on a distinguished road
Ok....you played ONE kid this year you think is good, give it a rest. Lasalle has heard it all before. Bring you "A" game please. The boys, coaches and fans welcome your challenge from the sticks. Please do not take this as disrespectful but it just gets old. Beat your chest all week and tell yourself Lasalle is cocky......respect is earned, not given, see you all Friday. Good luck. LRD

Oh.....and good luck stopping Christian Turner....under the radar stud. Kid can do it all.
Old 10-31-16, 01:01 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinciSportsFan View Post
He's also a 4 star athlete that is going to a major D1. Trying to make a case that 2 players are comparable in ability based on size is rediculous. Hell, J. Larkin was 5'10 180 and is a top 3 back in GCL history and it'd be asinine to say size impacted his ability in a negative way.
I never insinuated #2 isn't a great RB. I simply stated that the size, power and speed of Booth is something not many high school teams will ever face. And with the problem Edgewood had against that type of back there's not a back comparable to him on the La Salle roster. With that said, does that mean Edgewood will stop #2? Who knows. Probably won't stop him, just hope to slow him down a bit. He's a great back with a great line.

Old 10-31-16, 01:06 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingdad3 View Post
Ok....you played ONE kid this year you think is good, give it a rest. Lasalle has heard it all before. Bring you "A" game please. The boys, coaches and fans welcome your challenge from the sticks. Please do not take this as disrespectful but it just gets old. Beat your chest all week and tell yourself Lasalle is cocky......respect is earned, not given, see you all Friday. Good luck. LRD

Oh.....and good luck stopping Christian Turner....under the radar stud. Kid can do it all.
I wouldn't consider #21 "under the radar"
And no one is beating their chest except for a couple La Salle fans.

Old 10-31-16, 01:16 PM
All American

Extra Point is an unknown quantity at this point
[QUOTE=Pull-to-Trap;6604619]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra Point View Post

Actually its a "nonstandard" adverb used to apply emphasis. Kind of a combo of irrespective and regardless. But thanks though.....
You mean like a Jackwagon?? I feel you Trap........

Maybe Edgewood can chug on over to "Mamby-Pamby" land and find some self confidence..........
Old 10-31-16, 01:19 PM
All Region

wrestlingdad3 is on a distinguished road
I don't believe in beating your chest but honestly those people have the right. Lasalle is a two time defending champ. Don't get upset at people stating facts. Edgewood has had a good season but to date they have really beaten nobody of significance. Once again respect is earned not given. Win on Friday or play like Perrysburg did last year then you will have Lasalle's respect. Until then it's all trashtalk. Anything can happen on any given day, and please keep your boy Cannon from saying idiotic stuff. If you win we will say congratulations.
Old 10-31-16, 01:19 PM
All Yappi

MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Edgewood is not as talented as lasalle obviously being able to pick the kids you want from the west side of Cincy has its benefits.
I don't want to participate in the same dbaggery WeFlyHigh has already engaged in, but there is no way LS can simply pick who they want from the west side. If that were the case, LS would be DI and would roll anybody. Let's at least be logical.
Old 10-31-16, 01:26 PM
All Yappi

MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgeFan57 View Post
And no one is beating their chest except for a couple La Salle fans.
There are three LS fans in this thread: Me, LS9802 and ExtraPoint. Not sure I've seen chest thumping yet.
Old 10-31-16, 01:29 PM
All District

For the record, are you calling me a dbag or them? 😆 Just.trying to set the record straight....LRD! SSDD