Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-23-15, 12:26 AM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Not really a surprise tonight. Kind of what most people had guessed.

The one "interesting" part was when Spencer tried to climb over the walkers and everything went wrong. Thought it was funny how Rick was mad at him but it seems like on this show, everything Rick does has the same kind of result.

Anyone else having a a hard time remembering characters names on the show now? Seemed like the first few seasons it was much easier to follow with the smaller casts and better development of characters. Now they mention a name on the show and I have to look it up or ask someone "who is _______?"
Old 11-23-15, 08:55 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
Not really a surprise tonight. Kind of what most people had guessed.

The one "interesting" part was when Spencer tried to climb over the walkers and everything went wrong. Thought it was funny how Rick was mad at him but it seems like on this show, everything Rick does has the same kind of result.

Anyone else having a a hard time remembering characters names on the show now? Seemed like the first few seasons it was much easier to follow with the smaller casts and better development of characters. Now they mention a name on the show and I have to look it up or ask someone "who is _______?"

Yea with the move to Alexandria characters are starting to blur together for me to.

Spoilers Alert Big Time:

I was glad to see Glen is back. I actually bought into his escape under the dumpster. However, why did they have to put us through all the drama? Kind of bush league by the writers/producers if you ask me.

The thing about the WD is how many characters are total losers. I'm not talking bad guys - a great villain is fun. I'm talking sniveling, whiny, little worthless pieces of ####! Last nights episode featured two prime examples: Morgan & Enid (is she now the most annoying character on WD). As for Morgan, I loved how Michone gave him that "what the hell are you babbling about" look when he was trying to explain his "all life is precious" philosophy.

Well the ending of last nights episode left it clear that next week some folks probably aren't going to make it out alive. Rick & Company should have dumped some burning oil down on the walkers while they were bunched up under the wall. Now they'll be fighting in the streets!
Old 11-23-15, 12:43 PM
All Yappi

Spille is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Yea with the move to Alexandria characters are starting to blur together for me to.

Spoilers Alert Big Time:

I was glad to see Glen is back. I actually bought into his escape under the dumpster. However, why did they have to put us through all the drama? Kind of bush league by the writers/producers if you ask me.

The thing about the WD is how many characters are total losers. I'm not talking bad guys - a great villain is fun. I'm talking sniveling, whiny, little worthless pieces of ####! Last nights episode featured two prime examples: Morgan & Enid (is she now the most annoying character on WD). As for Morgan, I loved how Michone gave him that "what the hell are you babbling about" look when he was trying to explain his "all life is precious" philosophy.

Well the ending of last nights episode left it clear that next week some folks probably aren't going to make it out alive. Rick & Company should have dumped some burning oil down on the walkers while they were bunched up under the wall. Now they'll be fighting in the streets!
I think the writers may be moving along a comic story line with Enid. Sophia is alive and well in the comic and Maggie and Glenn are her "mom and dad". With the conversation Glenn had with Enid, I immediately thought that they might have them act as parents for Enid as the story moves along.

Never expected the tower to take down the wall, I always thought the walkers would have found a weak spot and busted through. I don't think your burning idea is out of the question. Darryl, Sasha and Abe are heading back with the fuel truck and RPG, however flaming zombies on the loose will make them much tougher to fight without guns.

I'm most interested to see the fallout of the wolf being held my Morgan. Carol's radar caught on to that immediately and she's not very happy with Morgan.

Plenty of deaths next week. Deanna, Ron and other Alexandrians are likely candidates, but will a main character die? Will Ron succeed in shooting (and killing) Carl or Rick? Rick said he would aim and miss, we shall see. Could be another comic storyline playing out on the big screen, but I'll say no more. Should be a crazy mid-season finale.

The "help" call at the end of episode 6 has to be someone from Alexandria after the wall came down.
Old 11-23-15, 01:50 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spille View Post
I think the writers may be moving along a comic story line with Enid. Sophia is alive and well in the comic and Maggie and Glenn are her "mom and dad". With the conversation Glenn had with Enid, I immediately thought that they might have them act as parents for Enid as the story moves along.

Never expected the tower to take down the wall, I always thought the walkers would have found a weak spot and busted through. I don't think your burning idea is out of the question. Darryl, Sasha and Abe are heading back with the fuel truck and RPG, however flaming zombies on the loose will make them much tougher to fight without guns.

I'm most interested to see the fallout of the wolf being held my Morgan. Carol's radar caught on to that immediately and she's not very happy with Morgan.

Plenty of deaths next week. Deanna, Ron and other Alexandrians are likely candidates, but will a main character die? Will Ron succeed in shooting (and killing) Carl or Rick? Rick said he would aim and miss, we shall see. Could be another comic storyline playing out on the big screen, but I'll say no more. Should be a crazy mid-season finale.

The "help" call at the end of episode 6 has to be someone from Alexandria after the wall came down.
I forgot about the RPG! What a great opportunity for the special effects folks to dazzle us with some exploding zombies!
Old 11-23-15, 03:50 PM
Go Buckeyes

I was curious who left the balloons out there on the road?? After a day or so, those balloons don't float anymore. So was it someone new or was it just something that we are supposed to overlook to move the story line along?

I'm probably in the extreme minority but I wouldn't mind seeing Carl being taken out by the kid with the gun or a walker...
Old 11-23-15, 04:06 PM
All Yappi

Oops, I meant that Maggie is Sophia's mom in the comic. Glenn was her dad but he is no longer.

Yappi - I think that is just something that we are supposed to overlook, although, it is only day 2. I have no idea, would helium filled latex balloons last more than a day?
Old 11-23-15, 05:59 PM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yappi - I think that is just something that we are supposed to overlook, although, it is only day 2. I have no idea, would helium filled latex balloons last more than a day?
They said in Talking Dead last night that in the show's universe only one day has passed since the season's opening scene in the quarry.
Old 11-23-15, 06:54 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
They said in Talking Dead last night that in the show's universe only one day has passed since the season's opening scene in the quarry.
That redefines the idea of "The Longest Day"!
Old 11-24-15, 05:54 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Besides the first episode I have not been liking this season. Glenn should be dead or a walker, give me a break. Are you telling me that even if he could make it under the dumpster that the walkers would just leave him there when they were clawing at him? If that was the case that they would give up and leave then why are they still surrounding the compound? Don't get me started with Spence falling into the hoard of walkers who all move out of the way for him.... he also should be done....

Just last week we saw a guy who has been out in this for years walk backwards into a walker and get bit???? come on... lets get back to consistency.... if the show does not want to kill off Glenn then don't put him in that situation.
Old 11-25-15, 01:22 AM
All Yappi

MCGal
Send a message via AIM to MCGal
Quote:
I was curious who left the balloons out there on the road?? After a day or so, those balloons don't float anymore. So was it someone new or was it just something that we are supposed to overlook to move the story line along?

I'm probably in the extreme minority but I wouldn't mind seeing Carl being taken out by the kid with the gun or a walker...
Those were Glenn's post in the herd move but I agree they shouldn't have been that full.
Old 11-26-15, 12:33 AM
All American

SportsGenius is on a distinguished road
Quote:

What are you talking about. We get balloons for birthday parties and they float to the ceiling for a good 2-3 days.
Old 11-26-15, 12:33 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Besides the first episode I have not been liking this season. Glenn should be dead or a walker, give me a break. Are you telling me that even if he could make it under the dumpster that the walkers would just leave him there when they were clawing at him? If that was the case that they would give up and leave then why are they still surrounding the compound? Don't get me started with Spence falling into the hoard of walkers who all move out of the way for him.... he also should be done....

Just last week we saw a guy who has been out in this for years walk backwards into a walker and get bit???? come on... lets get back to consistency.... if the show does not want to kill off Glenn then don't put him in that situation.
Several were clawing at him, but he killed them and it blocked the entrance to him. Enid also some how got them to leave the dumpster and go elsewhere.
Old 11-26-15, 02:02 AM
All Yappi

MCGal
Are those your guesses? Because there's nothing suggesting she got the zombies to leave? As for the balloons, if it has really only been a day then yes they'd still be up but it seems like it should've been a few days by now
Old 11-26-15, 11:40 AM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGenius View Post
Several were clawing at him, but he killed them and it blocked the entrance to him. Enid also some how got them to leave the dumpster and go elsewhere.
It just seems that it has gotten to the point where no more of the main characters are going to get knocked off. They introduce new characters and kill them off. I am OK with that but don't put the main characters in a "no way out" situation but somehow they get out of it.

Glenn was laying there with walkers all around him and eating the guy laying on him. He should of gotten it there... other wise, what risk are the walkers. Just lay down and stay still if they are around. ???

I'm lust not liking what has been going on of late... hopefully it turns around this last episode.
Old 11-26-15, 12:17 PM
Go Buckeyes

Quote:
What are you talking about. We get balloons for birthday parties and they float to the ceiling for a good 2-3 days.
Google says: "11 latex balloons generally last between 12-20 hours filled with helium, and about 2-3 days when treated with Hi-Float. Foil balloons last approx. 5-7 days. Air-filled balloons generally last for a couple of weeks, but will not float."

With that said, it really doesn't matter because our heroes have been VERY busy for the last 24 hours. Move a herd, lose a herd, fight off the wolves, and have the wall knocked down.
Old 11-28-15, 06:52 PM
All Yappi

PantherProud
Quote:
Oops, I meant that Maggie is Sophia's mom in the comic. Glenn was her dad but he is no longer.

I've seen one last a good week
Old 11-28-15, 06:57 PM
All Yappi

PantherProud
Quote:

Yeah, the help to make it believable. He basically built up a wall around him so that the "live" Walker's couldn't see him.
Old 11-29-15, 11:33 PM
All Yappi

I'm not a big fan of cliff hangers and that was a huge CLIFF HANGER!

Did anyone catch the two minute "prologue" with Sasha, Daryl & Abraham they ran on "Into the Badlands"? Very interesting set-up of a new group.

BTW, thanks Walking Dead because I can't get that stupid song out of my head: TIP TOE THROUGH THE TULIPS, THROUGH THE TULIPS...............! Tiny Tim lives on the Walking Dead!
Old 11-30-15, 12:26 AM
All Yappi

MCGal
Not just "a new group".. that is THE group... so excited for the 2nd half of the season
Old 11-30-15, 12:35 AM
Go Buckeyes

For those that don't watch the Badlands:

Old 11-30-15, 12:53 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
For those that don't watch the Badlands:

Yep, that's the group of baddies led by the most famous villain of them all, Negan, the character played by Jeffery Dean Morgan. Still a lot to get through before we see him though. I didn't think we'd see him until the finale but maybe we will see him before then. What an entrance he makes, wonder if it the series will be equal to the comic.
Old 11-30-15, 12:54 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
I'm not a big fan of cliff hangers and that was a huge CLIFF HANGER!

Did anyone catch the two minute "prologue" with Sasha, Daryl & Abraham they ran on "Into the Badlands"? Very interesting set-up of a new group.

BTW, thanks Walking Dead because I can't get that stupid song out of my head: TIP TOE THROUGH THE TULIPS, THROUGH THE TULIPS...............! Tiny Tim lives on the Walking Dead!
I had something different in mind for a cliffhanger but yes that was a good one.
Old 11-30-15, 03:12 AM
All American

I hate that damn kid.
Old 12-01-15, 08:12 AM
All World

WykidWytch
Quote:
I hate that damn kid.
I said the same thing.
Old 12-01-15, 10:08 AM
All Yappi

PantherProud
Robert Kirkman confirms that it was Eugene on the radio saying "help" that we heard at the end of the Darryl/Sasha/Abraham episode 2 weeks ago.
Old 12-01-15, 08:18 PM
All American

Im hoping Carl doesn't regret not handling Ron more sternly. Took his gun, but hopefully he tells Rick. Him letting Ron get away with what he was gonna do is the same as Morgan keeping the wolf(just on a smaller scale)
Old 12-01-15, 09:12 PM
All Yappi

PantherProud
The Walking Dead is Back!

Maybe it's just me but I think that was the extent of the Ron attempts to kill Carl. They didn't really dwell on it, but I think Carl got through to him and ron noticed that Carl didn't rat him out.
Old 12-02-15, 10:00 AM
All American

Was anyone able to hear what exactly Ron whispered in Carl's ear? I couldn't tell and I tried to hear several times
Old 12-02-15, 12:46 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherProud View Post
Maybe it's just me but I think that was the extent of the Ron attempts to kill Carl. They didn't really dwell on it, but I think Carl got through to him and ron noticed that Carl didn't rat him out.
I don't. Ron doesn't seem to me to be the type to learn his lesson. I think he will try again somehow. I was hoping Carl would have been Carl and killed Ron in the bedroom. Carl is becoming weak, exactly what he spoke against last season about living behind the walls, that the group may become weak. Glenn is and almost was killed, Darryl is and almost was killed. Seems that only Rick, Carol and Abe have that take no chances mentality.
Old 12-02-15, 12:57 PM
All Yappi

Having gone back and watched the episode again, have some thoughts. The very first scene with the ants, at first I thought it was just an indication of how long Sam has been upstairs, but now after seeing the cliffhanger at the end, I think it's more symbolic of what's going to happen to Sam, as in the walkers play the role of the ants and Sam plays the role of the food.

Why did Carol take a knife down to kill the wolf? Why not a gun? And why is she giving Morgan a pass? Seems like the Carol we have come to know would not have hesitated to Kill Morgan since he has put the group in danger.

Deanna was a terrible shot with a gun, except at the end when.

Where is Aaron and Heath? Seems if Aaron would have told Rick about the sewer, a plan could have been formulated that if something were to happen, everyone get to the sewer (and maybe even the armory to grab a gun) and get out that way.

Disappointed Darryl, Abe and Sasha didn't make it back in time before the tower came down. The clip with the new group does have me anxious to see how that confrontation ends. I envision them agreeing to turn over their weapons only to have one of them fire that RPG and taking out the entire group.

All in all, the MSF was not what I expected, I can only hope they push the action back to the 2nd half of the season.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: