Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-25-18, 09:05 AM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Panther Fitness Center

http://www.elderhs.org/About-Us/News...Fitness-Center
Old 05-25-18, 09:16 AM
All American

trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow...that's awesome. And so needed. This will indeed help enrollment and the athletic program. Very exciting for future Panthers.
Old 05-25-18, 09:21 AM
All Yappi

Don Flamenco
I just received the email this morning and just watched the video. This is going to be very impressive. Few, if any high schools have a facility like this. The overall facility upgrades at Elder in recent years have been amazing. Now they need to be able to sell that and market that to perspective families because it blows away almost all the competition. This is great news all the way around.
Old 05-25-18, 09:27 AM
All World

Ehs 2005
Old 05-25-18, 10:49 AM
All American

Jerry Maguire is an unknown quantity at this point
This thing is going to be amazing especially since Rudolph has most of the say of how everything is designed inside and out. Obviously we see the outside and it looks awesome, but the inside will probably be immaculate.

Only thing missing now is a pool ...which I know will never happen.
Old 05-25-18, 10:53 AM
All District

ElderHockeyDad
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Maguire View Post

Only thing missing now is a pool ...which I know will never happen.
And an ice rink!
Old 05-25-18, 12:17 PM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
I would have been very happy about this six months ago when I first heard about it. After all that has gone on since, my feelings are very mixed. Tons of money for the very disappointing athletic program and nothing, apparently, for outreach, diversity and PR. I was hoping to have a big splashy announcement about those initiatives but after Kurt's vague letter we have heard nothing.

Why? Is there no one at the wheel?
Old 05-25-18, 12:45 PM
All American

trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
I would have been very happy about this six months ago when I first heard about it. After all that has gone on since, my feelings are very mixed. Tons of money for the very disappointing athletic program and nothing, apparently, for outreach, diversity and PR. I was hoping to have a big splashy announcement about those initiatives but after Kurt's vague letter we have heard nothing.

Really?

Broaden your mind. You don't see this new building as a potential piece in drawing a more diverse and expanded reach?
Old 05-25-18, 12:46 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
Really?

Broaden your mind. You don't see this new building as a potential piece in drawing a more diverse and expanded reach?
If you bait the hook but you do not cast the line, you get nothing.
Old 05-25-18, 01:27 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

This has been in the works much longer than you realize. The announcement may seem like poor timing in regards to the issue during basketball, but it isn't like they just decided to do this and ignore than issue in the process.
Old 05-25-18, 01:35 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
This has been in the works much longer than you realize. The announcement may seem like poor timing in regards to the issue during basketball, but it isn't like they just decided to do this and ignore than issue in the process.
I know. But we can do both and there is no reason that the administration could not have gotten its act together and announced a big outreach effort a couple months ago during the enrollment period for the class of 2022.

Elder has a real problem which is bad enough and a perceived problem that is much worse and is unfair. Since the biggest problem is public perception, the solution must also be very very public. What we get instead is silence on the issue at hand and a big glossy weight room.

I appreciate Rudy's very generous contribution. Its just that we need to reset our priorities.
Old 05-25-18, 01:45 PM
All Yappi

JElder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I know. But we can do both and there is no reason that the administration could not have gotten its act together and announced a big outreach effort a couple months ago during the enrollment period for the class of 2022.

Elder has a real problem which is bad enough and a perceived problem that is much worse and is unfair. Since the biggest problem is public perception, the solution must also be very very public. What we get instead is silence on the issue at hand and a big glossy weight room.

I appreciate Rudy's very generous contribution. Its just that we need to reset our priorities.
Obviously this will help with bringing in all kinds of students. This will be a HUGE step in getting that done.
Old 05-25-18, 01:55 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by JElder View Post
Obviously this will help with bringing in all kinds of students. This will be a HUGE step in getting that done.
Without outreach, how are they going to know about it? Sure it will help with those kids who would be touring Elder to begin with, but that is not where the problem lies.
Old 05-25-18, 02:00 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I agree to an extent, they need to be more transparent especially regarding that issue. I'm not worried as much about the timeline of it though, provided once they make their move it is very significant. Covering things up with a band aid isn't going to cut it, so take your time and make the appropriate changes/plans to move forward.

I'm still not sure why you had to dump on this great news regarding the fitness center though.
Old 05-25-18, 02:04 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
I'm still not sure why you had to dump on this great news regarding the fitness center though.
Frustration, silence on the part of the administration and love for the school.

I am done now. I just hope we hear something big and well thought out over the summer. In all the noise that starts as football season approaches, I hope we do not hear the faint sounds of a broom sweeping things under the rug. Thus far we have heard nothing else.
Old 05-25-18, 02:06 PM
All American

CincyHSFootballFan is on a distinguished road
I am happy for Elder on this. It has been in the works for some time, plus Kyle came to them with Money for this project. So I am glad they are able to get it done.

I also agree with PurpleMojo and am hoping Elder's next big project is a community center along the Glenway side of Campus.
Old 05-25-18, 08:15 PM
All American

Vincent and Regina is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Frustration, silence on the part of the administration and love for the school.

I am done now. I just hope we hear something big and well thought out over the summer. In all the noise that starts as football season approaches, I hope we do not hear the faint sounds of a broom sweeping things under the rug. Thus far we have heard nothing else.
This is great news. I am glad some of the more well off alumni are giving back. I am excited to see this happen.

When you drive your car just looking at the mirrors and not the windshield, nothing good comes from it. Yes you need to look in the mirrors every so often, but you are safer if you keep your eyes looking out the windshield. People choose Elder for many different reasons. They did what they needed to do, they learned their lesson, they are moving forward. Change does not happen overnight and dwelling on it like some of you are is not good for You or Elder. I have had set backs in my life, I learn from them and move on.
Old 05-25-18, 08:22 PM
All American

CincyHSFootballFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent and Regina View Post
This is great news. I am glad some of the more well off alumni are giving back. I am excited to see this happen.

When you drive your car just looking at the mirrors and not the windshield, nothing good comes from it. Yes you need to look in the mirrors every so often, but you are safer if you keep your eyes looking out the windshield. People choose Elder for many different reasons. They did what they needed to do, they learned their lesson, they are moving forward. Change does not happen overnight and dwelling on it like some of you are is not good for You or Elder. I have had set backs in my life, I learn from them and move on.
I think it’s legitimate to question if Elder learned anything or did what they needed to do as you phrase it. I do not think a single thing they have done to this point actually addresses the problem.
Old 05-25-18, 10:59 PM
Junior Varsity

Mad Dogg is on a distinguished road
Thank you Kyle!
Old 05-29-18, 06:20 AM
All District

foreword is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dogg View Post
Thank you Kyle!
Yes! Thank you, Kyle........especially after the sh!t the archdiocese put you through to get this done.......should have been done months ago but the archdiocese wanted to argue over how the money was donated for this building. If Elder doesn't break away from the fricking archdiocese, we will never have the school we want.
Old 05-29-18, 06:47 AM
All Ohio

CincyHSfootball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreword View Post
Yes! Thank you, Kyle........especially after the sh!t the archdiocese put you through to get this done.......should have been done months ago but the archdiocese wanted to argue over how the money was donated for this building. If Elder doesn't break away from the fricking archdiocese, we will never have the school we want.
The Archdiocese if one of the most inept, backward and Unchristian organizations I have ever worked with. Their lack of vision and out of touch nature with the real world is beyond reproach. The hypocrisy that exits within that organization is shameful.
Old 05-29-18, 08:25 AM
All Yappi

Don Flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreword View Post
If Elder doesn't break away from the fricking archdiocese, we will never have the school we want.
Amen to that. I wish there was a way Elder could do that. St X is very fortunate they don't have deal with that crap.

Last edited by Don Flamenco; 05-29-18 at 01:37 PM.
Old 06-20-18, 12:03 PM
All World

I have to say Kyle has been very good to Price Hill of late. It is noticed and appreciated.

Thanks Kyle
Old 06-30-18, 06:20 PM
All Region

Dale Cooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank god for Rudolph. This is huge for Elder as an Athletic program and as a school. This is one of the best LEGAL recruiting tactics you can have.

Last edited by Dale Cooper; 06-30-18 at 06:34 PM.