Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Girls HS Sports > Girls Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 11-20-17, 12:11 PM
All District

LE Hawks is on a distinguished road
2018 Elite High School Girls Invitational (powered by Nike)

Hard to believe another season of high school soccer has drawn to a close.

The 2018 Nike event promises to pick up where the 2017 event left off. Additionally we will be adding a Boys weekend as well July 21 & 22, 2018. Many boys teams state wide have been looking for a summer event that offers top shelf competition and we aim to provide that with a boys weekend. The event will once again be held at Rialto Soccer Complex in West Chester, Ohio and at the Voice of America Park in West Chester.

The girls weekend will be held July 14 & 15, 2018. We will once again feature a shotgun format. We offer the opportunity to see players perform in a competitive environment featuring (5) matches that are 45 minutes in length over the course of the weekend. All fields have three man ref crew and you will be able to see current and future players against some of the tops teams in the state.

The loyalty of returning teams has been phenomenal and over the course of the past 10 plus years we have hosted the event many teams return year after year. Our event always features numerous regional and state qualifiers. So this year we look to reward those teams who advance in the state tourney and those programs who support our event by bringing multiple teams and both boys and girls teams.

While we encourage JV level and young player teams your upper level teams will be matched against upper level competition. We will not schedule you against league or seasonal opponents. The purpose of the event is competitive and instructional.

The entry fee for the 2018 event will be $425 per team.

District finalists and Regional qualifiers - $400
State semi or finalists - $375
Schools that bring a team to both the boys and girls weekend - $400 (per team)

If you want to reserve your place in the 2018 event please email
tmcewan259@gmail.com
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-17, 03:17 PM
All District

Ttt
Old 12-21-17, 12:36 PM
Junior Varsity

jed the fish show is on a distinguished road
yay!!!!!
Old 01-22-18, 02:57 PM
All District

Ttt
Old 02-09-18, 03:24 PM
All District

We have added 11 new teams this week and we are excited about the increased interest in the Nike. With the addition of two sites we are now rapidly expanding the event. Please scroll up for registration opportunities and pricing discounts.

With the addition of Kentucky and Indiana teams we are excited about the potential matchups of some great teams. Emphasis is on pre-season development and the opportunity to watch players on the field against like and similar competition.

A sincere thank you for the increased support for the Nike as we seek to make it the premiere summer event in Southern Ohio. Obviously could not do it without your support.

And don't forget to take advantage of the Boys Weekend (new this year) - signups are underway and we are excited about the quality of teams and interest in this first year event. It promises to be a tremendous opportunity for Boys teams as well.
Old 04-09-18, 09:47 AM
All District

Having passed the 60 team participation mark with addition of Fairfield HS and Simon Kenton HS (KY), we are looking to add even more quality teams to the event. Don't get left out - register today!

This event is a great opportunity for your players to participate in some quality soccer AND an opportunity for team bonding.

The girls weekend will be held July 14 & 15, 2018. We will once again feature a shotgun format. We offer the opportunity to see players perform in a competitive environment featuring (5) matches that are 45 minutes in length over the course of the weekend. All fields have three man ref crew and you will be able to see current and future players against some of the tops teams in the state.

The loyalty of returning teams has been phenomenal and over the course of the past 10 plus years we have hosted the event many teams return year after year. Our event always features numerous regional and state qualifiers. So this year we look to reward those teams who advance in the state tourney and those programs who support our event by bringing multiple teams and both boys and girls teams.

While we encourage JV level and young player teams your upper level teams will be matched against upper level competition. We will not schedule you against league or seasonal opponents. The purpose of the event is competitive and instructional.

The entry fee for the 2018 event will be $425 per team.

District finalists and Regional qualifiers - $400
State semi or finalists - $375
Schools that bring a team to both the boys and girls weekend - $400 (per team)

If you want to reserve your place in the 2018 event please register
HERE
Old 04-12-18, 11:09 AM
All Ohio

Soccer Toe is on a distinguished road
Am I reading this right ... paying (or termed discount) team to enter based on results? This doesn't seem right to me.
Old 04-12-18, 03:25 PM
All World

coachg is on a distinguished road
WOW... That doesn't seem right. Most of the small schools dont have much money. Many of the ones that make the finals come from schools with no cash flow problems.
Old 04-12-18, 03:48 PM
All World

Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Well if each girl/boy throws in $20 bucks you have your fee, Of course my kids went to Catholic school so I'm used to going into my pocket.
Old 04-13-18, 03:06 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
Well if each girl/boy throws in $20 bucks you have your fee, Of course my kids went to Catholic school so I'm used to going into my pocket.
That's not my point. It just doesn't seem right to pay for HS team performance. I guess its not surprising though with how youth sports has become a business for adults and some college sport teams have nothing to do with academics (other than keeping players eligible) and the recent payoffs in a few major college sports.

As for a Catholic educated individual in Cincinnati in the early 80s ... well lets not go there.
Old 04-13-18, 03:59 PM
All Ohio

CitrusCrunch is on a distinguished road
bad business model to me actually losing money unless I am missing something
Old 04-16-18, 08:15 AM
All American

ammtd34 is on a distinguished road
They want better teams, so they give them an incentive to come. I don't see anything wrong with that.
Old 04-16-18, 01:31 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
They want better teams, so they give them an incentive to come. I don't see anything wrong with that.
Then give them better time slots to play. Why punish the small schools that are already cash strapped. Not all schools are like Mason, Lakota, or MND.
Old 04-16-18, 07:51 PM
Junior Varsity

ohiosoccer1 is on a distinguished road
There are a lot of other tournaments and events in the pre-season to choose from that are more appropriate for smaller schools, who won't be able to compete with the big D1s that go here anyway. I'd imagine every coach wants competitive games in July to help get a look at your roster.
Old 04-17-18, 07:06 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiosoccer1 View Post
There are a lot of other tournaments and events in the pre-season to choose from that are more appropriate for smaller schools, who won't be able to compete with the big D1s that go here anyway. I'd imagine every coach wants competitive games in July to help get a look at your roster.
So you're saying they dont want the smaller schools at this tourney and this is a way to tell them they aren't welcome? I thought the sponsoring team used this as a fund raiser?
Old 04-17-18, 09:11 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachg View Post
Then give them better time slots to play. Why punish the small schools that are already cash strapped. Not all schools are like Mason, Lakota, or MND.
It's not a punishment. Schools don't have to play in it. The schools you're talking about are all hypothetical. Do you have an example of a school who would like to play in this but cannot afford the $50?
Old 04-19-18, 10:18 AM
All World

Quote:
It's not a punishment. Schools don't have to play in it. The schools you're talking about are all hypothetical. Do you have an example of a school who would like to play in this but cannot afford the $50?
The issue I have is I dont think it's right to reward a team based on results of last season.

Last edited by coachg; 04-24-18 at 02:00 PM..
Old 04-23-18, 08:40 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachg View Post
The issue I have is I dont think it right to reward a team based on results of last season.
Oh. I thought it was about schools not being able to afford it, like you said before.

There are plenty of opportunities for other schools to play in preseason events.
Old 04-23-18, 01:36 PM
All Region

werns63 is on a distinguished road
Oh I thought only Elite girls or Elite teams can come since its an Elite High School Girls Invitational.
Old 04-23-18, 02:25 PM
All District

Just to keep everyone on topic. Currently at 60 teams (yes some big, some medium and some small). For you Kentucky coaches we offer a Saturday only option for games that complies with your KHSAA restrictions!

Much like the Super Bowl (not actually a bowl) or the World Series (only US teams) the name is just a name. So if you are a HS coach of any size school of any skill level and would like to attend feel free to visit the link.
Old 04-24-18, 11:34 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Oh. I thought it was about schools not being able to afford it, like you said before.

There are plenty of opportunities for other schools to play in preseason events.
I would agree with coach, it doesn't seem right to reward (pay/discount) high school players/teams based on performance. It seems to go against OHSAA philosophy.
Old 04-24-18, 07:40 PM
Junior Varsity

Futbol2017 is on a distinguished road
It's a great tournament, great set up. Play in it if want to, don't if you don't want to. It's a fundraiser for their team, just like the other preseason tournaments. Move on.
Old 04-25-18, 09:48 AM
All Region

xscoutsoc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futbol2017 View Post
It's a great tournament, great set up. Play in it if want to, don't if you don't want to. It's a fundraiser for their team, just like the other preseason tournaments. Move on.
Yes, thank you. No one has provided actual examples of a team not playing because they can't afford $50/team, it's just all based on an idea that some guy threw out. It's not real. If a team wants to play, they are going to play, regardless of what a bigger or better team is paying.
Old 04-25-18, 11:13 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futbol2017 View Post
Don't read others opinions or comments if you don't like them ... move on.
Old 04-25-18, 12:25 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer Toe View Post
Don't read others opinions or comments if you don't like them ... move on.
Yeah imagine a chat forum having people with opinions.. Unheard of..lol
Old 04-25-18, 12:46 PM
All Ohio

what are your thoughts on discounts for multiple teams
Old 04-25-18, 03:35 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitrusCrunch View Post
what are your thoughts on discounts for multiple teams
Why do you ask? Most statements were about paying for results.
I have no problem with discounts for multiple teams ... not paying (discounting HS players/teams based on performance.
Old 04-25-18, 05:09 PM
All Ohio

so do you think OHSAA is against small schools or pretty even
Old 04-26-18, 11:28 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitrusCrunch View Post
so do you think OHSAA is against small schools or pretty even
why the 20 questions ... my only gripe (read my previous posts) is that I don't think it is right to pay players/teams directly or indirectly for their results. That's it.
Old 04-26-18, 11:53 AM
All American

cincysports4 is on a distinguished road
I personally, don't have a issue with it. It attracts the best programs in the state and possibly the midwest. A good marketing tool/strategy. Not like they are offering those teams a $200 discount.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: