Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins: Minster (3-0) at Marion Local (3-0)
Minster by 1-7 1 6.25%
Minster by 8-14 2 12.50%
Minster by 15+ 0 0%
Marion Local by 1-7 3 18.75%
Marion Local by 8-14 6 37.50%
Marion Local by 15+ 4 25.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-17, 08:58 PM
All American

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Get to hear them Friday! That definitely is a great setup
I heard the owner won't raffle off the use of the porch anymore after that group of idiots( maybe it was the first time the boys had a beer in their hand) got a little out of hand last year at the Cats-Indians game......but just in case, maybe bring a BIG Cavs flag to block their view of the game
Old 09-12-17, 09:05 PM
All Ohio

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
I heard the owner won't raffle off the use of the porch anymore after that group of idiots( maybe it was the first time the boys had a beer in their hand) got a little out of hand last year at the Cats-Indians game......but just in case, maybe bring a BIG Cavs flag to block their view of the game
Ha! I wished I owned one
Old 09-12-17, 09:15 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Challenge Game (9/15): Minster (3-0) at Marion Local (3-0)

Minster (3-0) at Marion Local (3-0)
08/25/17 Marion Local (Maria Stein) 35, Chaminade Julienne (Dayton) 7
09/01/17 Marion Local (Maria Stein) 41, Patrick Henry (Hamler) 0
09/08/17 Marion Local (Maria Stein) 13, Coldwater (Coldwater) 7
08/25/17 Minster (Minster) 20, Fort Loramie (Fort Loramie) 0
09/01/17 Minster (Minster) 28, Covington (Covington) 0
09/08/17 Minster (Minster) 41, St John's (Delphos) 14

Play this game and the other 11 games in the pick'em here:
http://www.yappi.com/contest/contest.php
Old 09-13-17, 09:06 AM
All Yappi

IUDOGS is on a distinguished road
Cool Week 4: Minster at Maria Stein Marion Local

It's September 13, 2017

Drew Pasteur's has it:

Maria Stein Marion Local: -12

This is IUDOGS signing off.
Old 09-13-17, 03:01 PM
All District

CJK84 is on a distinguished road
Qb Huelsman is a really nice player for the Cats. Throws effectively (arm strength is decent and he's accurate) and is a very dangerous runner - excellent patience and instincts. Against DSJ I think he ran the ball a little too much - top teams will largely take that away.

I see Marion being able to do just that - limiting Huelsman's yardage on the ground and forcing the Cats to do something else that they're less accustomed to on offense.

Surprised that Minster didn't blitz more against DSJ - their lb's run well. I think Marion will be able to run the ball in this one.

That said, I'm a little worried about the Flyers having a letdown after last week, so maybe this game will be closer than if it were a different week.

ML 20-13
Old 09-13-17, 08:27 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK84 View Post
Qb Huelsman is a really nice player for the Cats. Throws effectively (arm strength is decent and he's accurate) and is a very dangerous runner - excellent patience and instincts. Against DSJ I think he ran the ball a little too much - top teams will largely take that away.

I see Marion being able to do just that - limiting Huelsman's yardage on the ground and forcing the Cats to do something else that they're less accustomed to on offense.

Surprised that Minster didn't blitz more against DSJ - their lb's run well. I think Marion will be able to run the ball in this one.

That said, I'm a little worried about the Flyers having a letdown after last week, so maybe this game will be closer than if it were a different week.

ML 20-13
why blitz the Jays , when the first team D held them to about 100 yards of total offense in the game?
Old 09-15-17, 07:39 AM
All American

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK84 View Post

ML 20-13
Minster is 3-0 ranked no.1 in the state, as a Flyer fan not too worried about a let down. Minster has good team speed on defense the Flyers need to be able to run the ball straight at the Wildcats defense. If the Flyers can run the ball between the tackles this game will be a repeat of last year, if not it will be close. ML 27- Minster 7.
Old 09-15-17, 09:19 PM
All District

Msfootball is on a distinguished road
21-7 Flyers. Defense is solid. Still haven't given up more than a touchdown in a game
Old 09-15-17, 09:34 PM
All American

Impressed with Minster's defense, shut down ML's running game. Difference in the game was the Flyer's passing game, Bruns is a top notch QB. as is Huelsman for Minster. CJK84 was correct the 1st qt. for Marion Local was much like the 2013 Anna game after the Flyer's had def. Coldwater not focused to play against a good football team.
Old 09-15-17, 10:50 PM
All Region

fireflyer is on a distinguished road
Great game. Flyers started slow, but adjusted at half time as usual, and came out looking much stronger and more confident. Huge defensive battle--Minster is impressive, and I do see them taking state this year, if they continue to improve. I was disturbed as check about all the penalties though...both teams are pretty disciplined and don't commit many penalties. What the HECK with the yellow storms? Did both teams just play so mindless and sloppy that they deserved that many penalties?
Old 09-15-17, 11:23 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
Great game. Flyers started slow, but adjusted at half time as usual, and came out looking much stronger and more confident. Huge defensive battle--Minster is impressive, and I do see them taking state this year, if they continue to improve. I was disturbed as check about all the penalties though...both teams are pretty disciplined and don't commit many penalties. What the HECK with the yellow storms? Did both teams just play so mindless and sloppy that they deserved that many penalties?
the REFS took over that great game, I would say that Minster had over 100 some yards taken of the board because of HOLDING calls( 5 called by the same REF) and one touchdown.

but what a hard hitting game, thought the Cats played solid D, Bruns threw the ball pretty good, and ran it better then I thought he could.
Old 09-16-17, 12:30 AM
Varsity

Omgrun is on a distinguished road
Yes was surprised at how well Bruns ran tonight. And the penalties for the flyers were just about as bad. would be interested in seeing what that stat was for both teams.
Old 09-16-17, 02:39 AM
All American

[QUOTE=bigkat;6838494]the REFS took over that great game, I would say that Minster had over 100 some yards taken of the board because of HOLDING calls( 5 called by the same REF) and one touchdown.

The TD that was called back came after a pass int. against ML on 4th down. Will have to watch the replay to see if all the penalties were deserved.
Old 09-16-17, 02:43 AM
All American

[QUOTE=fireflyer;6838472]Great game. Flyers started slow, but adjusted at half time as usual, and came out looking much stronger and more confident. Huge defensive battle--Minster is impressive, and I do see them taking state this year, if they continue to improve.

Cuyahoga Heights who is in D-7 this year may have something to say about the state championship game.

Last edited by Stirred not Shaken; 09-16-17 at 03:00 AM.
Old 09-16-17, 05:32 AM
All District

Msfootball is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Stirred not Shaken;6838557]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
Great game. Flyers started slow, but adjusted at half time as usual, and came out looking much stronger and more confident. Huge defensive battle--Minster is impressive, and I do see them taking state this year, if they continue to improve.

Cuyahoga Heights who is in D-7 this year may have something to say about the state championship game.
I foresee a CVC vs MAC matchup in both D6 and D7 finals this year.
Old 09-16-17, 06:18 AM
All American

[QUOTE=Stirred not Shaken;6838556]
Quote:
the REFS took over that great game, I would say that Minster had over 100 some yards taken of the board because of HOLDING calls( 5 called by the same REF) and one touchdown.

The TD that was called back came after a pass int. against ML on 4th down. Will have to watch the replay to see if all the penalties were deserved.
when the Cats were at the flyers 20 yard line, looking great and the next thing we know it is 3rd down and 45 yards to go for a First.....amazing.....
Old 09-16-17, 06:42 AM
All American

[QUOTE=Stirred not Shaken;6838556]
Quote:

there were times when the ball carrier was down.....and the SAME ref was then throwing the yellow flag.........close to 200 yards of penelaties for BOTH teams.......both teams busting their tails off, and you got a couple of zebra's (mainly ONE)decided to be part of the show....
Old 09-16-17, 07:09 AM
All District

Bengal WhoDey is on a distinguished road
Some credit should go to Minster's crowd, who filled up the visitor's stands and seemed really pumped up for this game, as did Minster's team. Marion had a pretty bad start, but the defense was able to keep them in it.

Minster's run defense was pretty good, and their QB is a good player.

Nate Bruns has the potential to be something special. There is rapid improvement from him, which should be expected as a first year starter coming off a year in which he didn't play due to injury.
Old 09-16-17, 07:23 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal WhoDey View Post
Some credit should go to Minster's crowd, who filled up the visitor's stands and seemed really pumped up for this game, as did Minster's team. Marion had a pretty bad start, but the defense was able to keep them in it.

Minster's run defense was pretty good, and their QB is a good player.

Nate Bruns has the potential to be something special. There is rapid improvement from him, which should be expected as a first year starter coming off a year in which he didn't play due to injury.
Bruns is a nice player, has a VERY STRONG arm.....but needs to work on not throwing 90mph every pass........does the boy play baseball?
Old 09-16-17, 10:43 AM
All District

CJK84 is on a distinguished road
Minster played really hard - their defense, particularly their run defense, is good.

Huelsman is a quality player, of course, but hurried a few throws and it affected his accuracy on those. Unfortunately for the Cats his lone long run (26 yards I think) for an apparent td was called back on a hold.

I don't know if the game was officiated poorly or not, but the offensive flow for both teams, particularly Minster, seemed marred by the numerous penalties. In the first quarter, holding a 7-0 lead, Minster recovered a fumble on the Marion 29 - but 4 or 5 snaps later, due solely to yellow flags, they were back on their own 35!

Good luck to both teams. I think Minster will beat FR next week on the strength of their strong run defense.
Old 09-16-17, 11:30 AM
All American

serpico is on a distinguished road
Quote:
when the Cats were at the flyers 20 yard line, looking great and the next thing we know it is 3rd down and 45 yards to go for a First.....amazing.....
I believe it was considered 'third and an acre'.
Old 09-16-17, 12:01 PM
All Region

big medicine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
I believe it was considered 'third and an acre'.
According to some quick caculations, figuring the width of the playing field at 160 ft, 45 yards would actually be 21,600 sq ft, or .49586777 acre.

So "third and half an acre" would be a more accurate statement.

If you question my math, take it up with Jack Albers.
Old 09-16-17, 06:23 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by big medicine View Post
According to some quick caculations, figuring the width of the playing field at 160 ft, 45 yards would actually be 21,600 sq ft, or .49586777 acre.

So "third and half an acre" would be a more accurate statement.

If you question my math, take it up with Jack Albers.
No Thank You.
Old 09-16-17, 07:37 PM
All American

[QUOTE=bigkat;6838575]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post

Saw some of the replay on internet able to slow the plays down and rewind.
Minster had the ball near the 20, 3rd and short, Flyers blitzed a Minster player tackled the blitzing line backer the official was right their and made the correct call. Made it 3rd and 16, next penalty was off. pass int. that was ticky tacky, pass was incomplete, now 3rd and 26 next penalty was a chop block good call it was obvious. On the TD that was called back no.44 for ML was grabbed and held it was a good call. People might not like penalties called but if their is a penalty it has to be called.

Last edited by Stirred not Shaken; 09-16-17 at 08:06 PM.
Old 09-17-17, 09:51 AM
All American

[QUOTE=Stirred not Shaken;6839163]
Quote:

Saw some of the replay on internet able to slow the plays down and rewind.
Minster had the ball near the 20, 3rd and short, Flyers blitzed a Minster player tackled the blitzing line backer the official was right their and made the correct call. Made it 3rd and 16, next penalty was off. pass int. that was ticky tacky, pass was incomplete, now 3rd and 26 next penalty was a chop block good call it was obvious. On the TD that was called back no.44 for ML was grabbed and held it was a good call. People might not like penalties called but if their is a penalty it has to be called.
holding calls could be called every play..almost........but when the ball carrier runs 10 yards and is DOWN......then the flag comes out for a holding call 5 yards BEHIND the line of scrimmage...that stinks......did ya notice on the chop block, I think it was against 44 of the Flyers? 44 did a BIG time wrestling knee to the chest of the Minster Player after the play...and nothing was called even though the ref was right there.....

anyways, it was a good game, both teams played hard, some good plays made by both teams....good luck the rest of the year..and stay injury free...