Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins: Minster (3-0) at Marion Local (3-0)
Minster by 1-7 1 6.25%
Minster by 8-14 2 12.50%
Minster by 15+ 0 0%
Marion Local by 1-7 3 18.75%
Marion Local by 8-14 6 37.50%
Marion Local by 15+ 4 25.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-08-17, 09:32 PM
Msfootball Msfootball is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-23-14
Posts: 174
Msfootball is on a distinguished road
Minster (3-0) @ Marion Local (3-0)

Both teams have outscored their first three opponents by an identical total of 89-14. Minster coming off a big win over Delphos St. John's while the Flyers earned a hard fought victory over Coldwater. Last season Marion Local had their way with Minster 44-6
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 09-08-17, 09:37 PM
loramie fan loramie fan is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-19-10
Posts: 246
loramie fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msfootball View Post
Both teams have outscored their first three opponents by an identical total of 89-14. Minster coming off a big win over Delphos St. John's while the Flyers earned a hard fought victory over Coldwater. Last season Marion Local had their way with Minster 44-6
two future state champions?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-08-17, 09:39 PM
D4fan D4fan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-08-15
Location: At work
Posts: 2,439
D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msfootball View Post
Both teams have outscored their first three opponents by an identical total of 89-14. Minster coming off a big win over Delphos St. John's while the Flyers earned a hard fought victory over Coldwater. Last season Marion Local had their way with Minster 44-6
Same point totals , different competition. Flyers by 14 or more.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-08-17, 09:43 PM
Msfootball Msfootball is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-23-14
Posts: 174
Msfootball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by loramie fan View Post
two future state champions?
That would be nice. I root for all MAC teams to do well in postseason. Although I won't weep if Coldwater misses the playoffs. Tonight was enough. Rather not face them again lol.

On a side note, Minster is D7. Pretty sure Marion Local has never lost to a D7 team yet. Anyone have the exact record against D7 opponents? I would guess around 30 wins.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-08-17, 10:43 PM
Cavman96 Cavman96 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-14-14
Posts: 304
Cavman96 is on a distinguished road
I'll chip in. Marion Local is beatable, but you have to make big plays to do it. You're not going to pound the ball on them, they're too good up front. Their secondary can be beaten but you have to have the playmakers to do it. And they practically blitz every down, so you're QB better be able to pick it up.

Dirkson is a beast, but the rest of their line, I'm not sure about. They got us tonight because they are just better than we were.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-08-17, 11:39 PM
CJK84 CJK84 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-04-15
Posts: 184
CJK84 is on a distinguished road
Minster appears to be a really good D-VII team again, but D-VI ML will hopefully be too much for them.

The game is at Marion so that's an advantage for the Flyers. Having to recover from a highly intense game against Coldwater is an issue for ML, however.

Looking forward to this one.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-09-17, 05:38 AM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 1,525
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
ML 21- Minster 7
Flyers defense looks to be as good last years, especially at creating turnovers. Hopefully the offensive line will get better as the season progresses. Bruns at QB has a rocket for an arm.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-09-17, 11:25 PM
Msfootball Msfootball is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-23-14
Posts: 174
Msfootball is on a distinguished road
I'll say Marion Local 27 - Minster 7
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-10-17, 06:24 AM
Vinegar Vinegar is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 05-02-17
Posts: 59
Vinegar is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Forget about the game....how much will the 50/50 be?!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-10-17, 06:56 AM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 1,525
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegar View Post
Forget about the game....how much will the 50/50 be?!!
About 15% of the CW-ML game, Between 1500-2000 dollars. I would be surprised if Minster fills half the visitor side of the bleachers at Marion Local. Friday night is reserved for counting money and drinking beer in Minster.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-10-17, 09:22 AM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 2,423
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
About 15% of the CW-ML game, Between 1500-2000 dollars. I would be surprised if Minster fills half the visitor side of the bleachers at Marion Local. Friday night is reserved for counting money and drinking beer in Minster.
hopefully a few Cavs fans show up to help the 50/50 get a little higher.....
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-10-17, 11:18 AM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 1,525
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Back to the game it will be imperative for ML to slow down Minster's do everything QB Jared Huelsman. Would be a good game for the Flyer's o-line to take control of the LOS and keep Minster's offense off the field.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-10-17, 11:32 AM
flyeaglesfly flyeaglesfly is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-08-17
Posts: 13
flyeaglesfly is on a distinguished road
wow huge game good luck everyone, enjoy it
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-10-17, 11:41 AM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 836
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
hopefully a few Cavs fans show up to help the 50/50 get a little higher.....
Id rather watch us play Fort than sit in Marion's visitor stands.

Marion Local 27 Minster 10
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-10-17, 12:10 PM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 2,423
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Back to the game it will be imperative for ML to slow down Minster's do everything QB Jared Huelsman. Would be a good game for the Flyer's o-line to take control of the LOS and keep Minster's offense off the field.
so I haven't watch the replay of the Marion-Coldwater game yet, how do you attack the Flyers D, I know they probably Blitz a lot......
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-10-17, 12:17 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 836
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
so I haven't watch the replay of the Marion-Coldwater game yet, how do you attack the Flyers D, I know they probably Blitz a lot......
You pretty much have to try to step inside of the blitz if that makes sense. If they blitz off both edges you're probably going to have to try to take off on a dive or step up and throw a quick route over the middle. That's kinda how Sam broke off his 40 yard run if I'm not mistaken.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-10-17, 01:09 PM
gneiss rocks gneiss rocks is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-31-16
Posts: 667
gneiss rocks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Id rather watch us play Fort than sit in Marion's visitor stands.

Marion Local 27 Minster 10
Without the track in front I thought the Flyers may have the best visitor seats in the MAC?
Being from Maria Stein I never watched a game from there but know the view and may go undercover one of these weaks...
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-10-17, 01:36 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 836
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gneiss rocks View Post
Without the track in front I thought the Flyers may have the best visitor seats in the MAC?
Being from Maria Stein I never watched a game from there but know the view and may go undercover one of these weaks...
The sight lines are terrible. You need to move the stands back like 10 feet and get bigger stands. I sat on the 50 last year and couldn't see the winning touch down. Plus the scoreboard is at an angle so you need to jump just to see it past peoples heads. I don't think not having the track makes a difference. Anna's is back far enough to give you good sight lines. The only visitor stand that is worse in our league is St Henry because it just so cramped that you're basically kneeing the person in front of you the whole game.

Last edited by StateChampion2012; 09-10-17 at 01:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-10-17, 02:06 PM
gneiss rocks gneiss rocks is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-31-16
Posts: 667
gneiss rocks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
The sight lines are terrible. You need to move the stands back like 10 feet and get bigger stands. I sat on the 50 last year and couldn't see the winning touch down. Plus the scoreboard is at an angle so you need to jump just to see it past peoples heads. I don't think not having the track makes a difference. Anna's is back far enough to give you good sight lines. The only visitor stand that is worse in our league is St Henry because it just so cramped that you're basically kneeing the person in front of you the whole game.
Maybe I won't watch from there... probably for the best I heard that is where all the losers sit
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-10-17, 02:24 PM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 2,423
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gneiss rocks View Post
Without the track in front I thought the Flyers may have the best visitor seats in the MAC?
Being from Maria Stein I never watched a game from there but know the view and may go undercover one of these weaks...
meet you at the korner before the game ...I'LL bring some extra orange and Black clothing for you...
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-10-17, 02:24 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 836
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gneiss rocks View Post
Maybe I won't watch from there... probably for the best I heard that is where all the losers sit
You can say that for now
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-10-17, 02:50 PM
gneiss rocks gneiss rocks is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-31-16
Posts: 667
gneiss rocks is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
meet you at the korner before the game ...I'LL bring some extra orange and Black clothing for you...
I know to many people from minster, i lived there several years....bring face paint and afro wig also....
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-10-17, 04:01 PM
serpico serpico is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-22-07
Posts: 2,276
serpico is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
The sight lines are terrible. You need to move the stands back like 10 feet and get bigger stands. I sat on the 50 last year and couldn't see the winning touch down. Plus the scoreboard is at an angle so you need to jump just to see it past peoples heads. I don't think not having the track makes a difference. Anna's is back far enough to give you good sight lines. The only visitor stand that is worse in our league is St Henry because it just so cramped that you're basically kneeing the person in front of you the whole game.
The stands are filled once every two years, so bigger stands aren't needed.

I'm sorry our tiny country school facilities couldn't properly accommodate our hifalutin visitors from the northwest.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-10-17, 04:18 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 836
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
The stands are filled once every two years, so bigger stands aren't needed.

I'm sorry our tiny country school facilities couldn't properly accommodate our hifalutin visitors from the northwest.
Not trying to be a dick just stating facts. Really? No other school brings enough fans to fill your visitor stands?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-10-17, 05:46 PM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 2,423
bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Not trying to be a dick just stating facts. Really? No other school brings enough fans to fill your visitor stands?
that's a bull poop post by serpico......
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-10-17, 05:54 PM
Bengal WhoDey Bengal WhoDey is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-01-07
Posts: 226
Bengal WhoDey is on a distinguished road
Coldwater is currently the only fanbase that fills up the visitor side the past few years. I'd say there is a decent chance Minster will fill it up, and if somehow both teams are still undefeated, Anna could do it as well this year, but that is out of the norm.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-10-17, 06:02 PM
serpico serpico is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-22-07
Posts: 2,276
serpico is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
that's a bull poop post by serpico......
Please elaborate. Was anything I said incorrect?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-10-17, 06:09 PM
StateChampion2012 StateChampion2012 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 04-14-17
Location: Coldwater
Posts: 836
StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal WhoDey View Post
Coldwater is currently the only fanbase that fills up the visitor side the past few years. I'd say there is a decent chance Minster will fill it up, and if somehow both teams are still undefeated, Anna could do it as well this year, but that is out of the norm.
I hope they do. I don't see why Minster couldn't. They're neighbors. Anna , when they're winning, can travel well so I wouldn't be surprised if they do.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-10-17, 07:01 PM
Stirred not Shaken Stirred not Shaken is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-05-14
Posts: 1,525
Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Believe ML put new bleachers on the visitor side 6 or 7 years ago before that the bleachers that were on the visitor side used to be the home bleachers. Sat on the visitor side when my nephew ( from Coldwater ) played a JV game at ML thought the seating was great was right on top of the field. Versailles use to bring a crowd the size of Coldwater but that has been many moons ago.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-10-17, 07:06 PM
buckeye1689 buckeye1689 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 08-22-16
Location: Huber Heights
Posts: 460
buckeye1689 is on a distinguished road
ML big. ML will go undeafted into the playoffs
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Challenge Game (9/15): Galion (3-0) at Pleasant (2-0) Yappi Football 1 09-13-17 09:20 AM
Challenge Game (9/15): Jamestown Greeneview (3-0) at Mechanicsburg (3-0) Yappi Football 1 09-13-17 09:10 AM
Challenge Game (9/15): Miamisburg (3-0) at Wayne (2-1) Yappi Football 1 09-12-17 10:43 AM
Challenge Game (9/15): Ashtabula Lakeside (3-0) at Canfield (3-0) Yappi Football 22 09-12-17 10:19 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz