Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-12-17, 05:54 PM
Varsity

Pant512 is on a distinguished road
Will the GWOC cannibalize itself

With so many good teams in the same conference and same region. There's a good chance some really good teams get left out of the playoffs. Any thoughts
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-17, 12:05 AM
All Ohio

nooks is on a distinguished road
If you're really good there's no need to worry...
Old 09-13-17, 06:05 AM
All District

ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pant512 View Post
With so many good teams in the same conference and same region. There's a good chance some really good teams get left out of the playoffs. Any thoughts
Interesting comment. With the GWOC taking 7 of the top 9 spots in R3, I am guessing that 2-3 will be knocked out in league play. I am not convinced that Fairmont, Beavercreek, or Miamisburg are playoff teams.
Old 09-13-17, 06:51 AM
All Ohio

King Arthur is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
there's a good chance some decent teams get left out of the playoffs.
fify
Old 09-13-17, 07:36 AM
All American

America is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
Interesting comment. With the GWOC taking 7 of the top 9 spots in R3, I am guessing that 2-3 will be knocked out in league play. I am not convinced that Fairmont, Beavercreek, or Miamisburg are playoff teams.
If Fairmont beats Boro, they'll cruise to 7-0 before playing Wayne, Centerville, and Springfield. If they go 7-3 I think they'll be out. But 8-2 they should get in because they'll pick up some good second level points from teams like Mburg and Alter.
Old 09-13-17, 07:49 AM
All Ohio

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
The top 2 teams in the National East should be pretty safe, especially if say a Centerville goes 9-1, only losing to Wayne.

A third team maybe makes it if the other cards fall right and who they lose to. Will probably come down to some goofy scenario to see if Cass Tech in Detroit wins or loses LOL.

Someone who could possibly prevent 3 teams from the National East making it is Northmont. But the Bolts get Centerville, Springfield and Wayne in cross-division games this year on top of their GWOC division so they may play their way out of the conversation.

Region 3 is definitely one of the trickier regions in the state in that you have the biggest Dayton schools (sans Springboro and Lebanon) competing against most of Columbus' big boys without a lot of crossover to knock each other out. I don't know if it was on purpose but if so, wise of the coaches to load up on Cincinnati area teams this year to score more Harbins.

The GWOC really took it to the GMC this year out of conference.
Old 09-13-17, 10:17 AM
All District

slowyourroll is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
If Fairmont beats Boro, they'll cruise to 7-0 before playing Wayne, Centerville, and Springfield. If they go 7-3 I think they'll be out. But 8-2 they should get in because they'll pick up some good second level points from teams like Mburg and Alter.
It's very possible looking at what they have played like. If they can't beat 1 of 3 to get in at that point they would not be deserving of the playoffs. Region 3 is being dominated at the top by the GWOC. I like the competition.
Old 09-13-17, 10:18 AM
Freshman

Acoachtoo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Just a little curious, have you seen Miamisburg play to be making a comment about being not convinced that they are not a playoff team?
Old 09-13-17, 10:24 AM
Freshman

[QUOTE=America;6834815]If Fairmont beats Boro, they'll cruise to 7-0 before playing Wayne, Centerville, and Springfield. If they go 7-3 I think they'll be out. But 8-2 they should get in because they'll pick up some good second level points from teams like Mburg and Alter.[/QUOTE

Are you that sure Fairmont will beat Miamisburg? If so what have you seen from both teams that gives you that impression?
Old 09-13-17, 12:57 PM
All District

GOBURG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acoachtoo View Post
Just a little curious, have you seen Miamisburg play to be making a comment about being not convinced that they are not a playoff team?
The gate swings both ways....I am not convinced the Elks are a playoff team either.
Old 09-13-17, 01:08 PM
All District

BlueBlood4Life is on a distinguished road
No Respect

I can't believe the lack of respect Miamisburg is getting. Made the playoffs for the last 4-5 years straight last year making it to the Regional Final. Fairmont wins 3 games and beats a down Alter team and they're the greatest thing since sliced bread. I understand Miamisburg played 3 D-3 schools, but they did exactly what they should have in those games and dominated from beginning to end. For what it's worth they even beat Trotwood in their scrimmage and were by far the more physical team.
Old 09-13-17, 07:44 PM
All District

Professor.Klump is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlood4Life View Post
I can't believe the lack of respect Miamisburg is getting. Made the playoffs for the last 4-5 years straight last year making it to the Regional Final. Fairmont wins 3 games and beats a down Alter team and they're the greatest thing since sliced bread. I understand Miamisburg played 3 D-3 schools, but they did exactly what they should have in those games and dominated from beginning to end. For what it's worth they even beat Trotwood in their scrimmage and were by far the more physical team.
Miamisburg didn't play the Trotwood squad that's on the field now, I'm not saying the outcome would be different if they did, but they didn't.

Don't let your practice game victory give you a green light to use us to prove your point!!!

Made the playoffs 4-5 years straight, Bwhahahahhhh.
Final Four, State Game, or State Champ since 2010.

Your first three games are laughable, lol, get a W Friday against a team you may see in November THEN we can talk about playoffs!!! Hell none of the Div I GWOC teams have a signature win yet so who knows, who's who!!!

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
Old 09-13-17, 08:18 PM
Varsity

Pant512 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor.Klump View Post
Miamisburg didn't play the Trotwood squad that's on the field now, I'm not saying the outcome would be different if they did, but they didn't.

Don't let your practice game victory give you a green light to use us to prove your point!!!

Your first three games are laughable, lol, get a W Friday against a team you may see in November THEN we can talk about playoffs!!! Hell none of the Div I GWOC teams have a signature win yet so who knows, who's who!!!

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
Actually that's a good point
Old 09-13-17, 09:24 PM
All Yappi

vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
What signifies a signature win?

Centerville over Pick-North (top 3 Col area team top 15 in state), Fairfield
Wayne over Ol-Liberty (final 4 last year, 13-1)
Springfield over @ Lancaster plus Lima Sr....
Northmont over Fairfield
Fairmont over Alter

Beavercreek and Miamisburg.... have not played anybody
Old 09-14-17, 01:30 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
What signifies a signature win?

Centerville over Pick-North (top 3 Col area team top 15 in state), Fairfield
Wayne over Ol-Liberty (final 4 last year, 13-1)
Springfield over @ Lancaster plus Lima Sr....
Northmont over Fairfield
Fairmont over Alter

Beavercreek and Miamisburg.... have not played anybody
Centerville maybe(Pick-North). Wayne nope, Ol-Liberty's two victories came against soft competition. Springfield nope, their 3-0 record is hollow, against 3 teams that won't make any noise in November. Northmont LOL nope. Fairfields only victory came against a 0-3 Lakota West, and that score was 10-3 LMFBAO... So Northmont over Fairfield, again LOL. Hell after this week(Butler) I don't see another Northmont victory this season. Fairmont Maybe(Milford), Alter....nope, without John Bievens Alter is not a team putting fear into the GWOC, and looking at their schedule they(ALTER) won't be tested until November.
This weekend will tell us a lot, I can't wait.

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
Old 09-14-17, 02:25 PM
All District

Smile

Quote:
Centerville maybe(Pick-North). Wayne nope, Ol-Liberty's two victories came against soft competition. Springfield nope, their 3-0 record is hollow, against 3 teams that won't make any noise in November. Northmont LOL nope. Fairfields only victory came against a 0-3 Lakota West, and that score was 10-3 LMFBAO... So Northmont over Fairfield, again LOL. Hell after this week(Butler) I don't see another Northmont victory this season. Fairmont Maybe(Milford), Alter....nope, without John Bievens Alter is not a team putting fear into the GWOC, and looking at their schedule they(ALTER) won't be tested until November.

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
Is there something wrong with Bievens or are you talking about how he was used sparingly in the second half of the Fairmont game when Alter had to pass in the second half because the running game was not cutting it on Fairmonts defense.
Old 09-14-17, 04:08 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowyourroll View Post
Is there something wrong with Bievens or are you talking about how he was used sparingly in the second half of the Fairmont game when Alter had to pass in the second half because the running game was not cutting it on Fairmonts defense.
Bievens is Alter's only weapon, the QB threw a good ball, but when John went down I just didn't see anything.

Lets be honest Bievens scored the winning TD, the REFS called it back. Fairmont basically could not stop an decent offense with minimal weapons. I would like to see Fairmont go at least 2-1 the next three weeks. Springboro played WW close, so will see.

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
Old 09-14-17, 07:57 PM
All District

Quote:
Based on the score differential of the crappy teams you have played. Burg hasn't played anyone remotely close to Pick North. Ask me that question after Wayne beats you by 40 tomorrow.
Old 09-14-17, 08:02 PM
All Region

Looseball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pant512 View Post
Agreed. The GWOC is the most underrated D1 league in southwest Ohio. Better this year than the GMVC.
Old 09-14-17, 08:35 PM
All American

America is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looseball View Post
Agreed. The GWOC is the most underrated D1 league in southwest Ohio. Better this year than the GMVC.
I will agree with that. This is the first year in a while that the GWOC has plenty of good football teams. Mason, Colerain, and Sycamore are solid but that conference isn't exactly a gauntlet this year
Old 09-14-17, 09:31 PM
All Yappi

Kyle_E_Woyote is on a distinguished road
No cannibalism. Wayne eats elk meat.
Old 09-15-17, 07:43 AM
Freshman

Quote:
Based on the score differential of the crappy teams you have played. Burg hasn't played anyone remotely close to Pick North. Ask me that question after Wayne beats you by 40 tomorrow.
Just what I thought!! You have not seen Burg play. If so you would have known that starters did not play in the 3rd and 4th quarters of those games. Burg could have scored 70 plus points in all those games. I will make it a point to ask you that question after Springfield beat Centerville tonight.
Old 09-15-17, 07:48 AM
Proud Dad of a US Marine

Warrior78 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_E_Woyote View Post
No cannibalism. Wayne eats elk meat.
That's right! Nfamous will have Elk burgers in two weeks!
Old 09-15-17, 10:18 PM
All District

Quote:
Just what I thought!! You have not seen Burg play. If so you would have known that starters did not play in the 3rd and 4th quarters of those games. Burg could have scored 70 plus points in all those games. I will make it a point to ask you that question after Springfield beat Centerville tonight.
Hey Acoachtoo - where are you????
Old 09-15-17, 10:46 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Hey Acoachtoo - where are you????
I'm right here!! I don't run or hide!! There are still games left to play.
Old 09-15-17, 10:49 PM
All District

Quote:
I'm right here!! I don't run or hide!! There are still games left to play.
Elks won by 12 and Burg lost by 28. 0-2 tonight. Acoachtoo don't know football!
Old 09-15-17, 10:58 PM
All District

[QUOTE=Professor.Klump;6836407]Bievens is Alter's only weapon, the QB threw a good ball, but when John went down I just didn't see anything.

Lets be honest Bievens scored the winning TD, the REFS called it back. Fairmont basically could not stop an decent offense with minimal weapons. I would like to see Fairmont go at least 2-1 the next three weeks. Springboro played WW close, so will see.

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY[/QUOTE

Bievens played in the 3rd and 4th qtr. Bievens is not effective in the passing game is what really limited his time. It was a Domsitz decision to stop running the ball. I don't think I could really ever say Alter has minimal weapons. While I agree Bievens is a beast Alter realized they were not going to win running the ball on a Fairmont squad that was dominating the line of scrimmage.

With the win against Springboro now I think 2-1 on the next three will happen next week against Beavercreek. I don't see the Creek stopping Fairmont.
Old 09-16-17, 12:36 AM
All World

UcantCatchMe is on a distinguished road
Quote:

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
You've lost all credibility with this post.

The wins against Fairfield are good wins. Springfield's Ws we're good wins. The win against Liberty was a good win.

So let me get this straight the wins above are bad in your opinion but a Fairmont win against Milford draws a "maybe".

You've lost your dam mind lol.
Old 09-16-17, 07:07 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by UcantCatchMe View Post
You've lost all credibility with this post.

The wins against Fairfield are good wins. Springfield's Ws we're good wins. The win against Liberty was a good win.

So let me get this straight the wins above are bad in your opinion but a Fairmont win against Milford draws a "maybe".

You've lost your dam mind lol.
Lol, I thought I was spot on..

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
Old 09-16-17, 08:32 AM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Trot wood is the best team in the GWOC right now. Hands down. Centerville is second and Wayne third.