Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins: Boardman (3-0) at Steubenville (3-0)
Boardman by 1-7 11 27.50%
Boardman by 8-14 6 15.00%
Boardman by 15+ 0 0%
Steubenville by 1-7 7 17.50%
Steubenville by 8-14 8 20.00%
Steubenville by 15+ 8 20.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 09-13-17, 12:14 PM
Flood Flood is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 04-08-03
Posts: 2,818
Flood is on a distinguished road
Ouch...
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-13-17, 12:26 PM
Egret Egret is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Posts: 3,783
Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone 22 View Post
It just kills me how you Big Red followers talk about reload, rebuild whatever. The 9 home games you play, the weak schedule that you play, the numerous black eye's you have taken, does not add up to an elite football program. Sorry, that's just the facts.
I don't really care for Steubenville but this is just the most asinine post I have seen on here. Play-offs every year, multiple state championships and back to back final appearances certainly qualifies as elite. What freaking rock have you been under?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-13-17, 01:23 PM
erdna erdna is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-29-09
Posts: 91
erdna is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone 22 View Post
It just kills me how you Big Red followers talk about reload, rebuild whatever. The 9 home games you play, the weak schedule that you play, the numerous black eye's you have taken, does not add up to an elite football program. Sorry, that's just the facts.
You ma'am are JEALOUS!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-13-17, 01:29 PM
Egret Egret is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-08-09
Posts: 3,783
Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdna View Post
You ma'am are JEALOUS!
"Ma'am". Well done to that freaking little girl.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-13-17, 01:53 PM
Krasula24 Krasula24 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 01-06-15
Location: Wauseon
Posts: 237
Krasula24 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone 22 View Post
It just kills me how you Big Red followers talk about reload, rebuild whatever. The 9 home games you play, the weak schedule that you play, the numerous black eye's you have taken, does not add up to an elite football program. Sorry, that's just the facts.
back 2 back state finals...... & that is not elite?! that is trash and childish...
i didn't have a team to root for, but now i do.... go big red!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 09-13-17, 02:33 PM
BHSspartans13 BHSspartans13 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-27-06
Posts: 2,837
BHSspartans13 is on a distinguished road
Can an admin bump and combine this with the other game thread please?
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-13-17, 02:37 PM
valuska valuska is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-13-11
Posts: 197
valuska is on a distinguished road
Big Red's weak schedule this year includes D1- Upper St. Clair(2-1) (wpial-only loss to BR), D1-Morgantown WV(1-2) , D2-Boardman(3-0), D3-Dover(3-0), D3-New Philly(3-0), D2- University School(1-2), and D4- Ursuline(1-2).

Sixteen straight years to playoffs with last four years regional champions.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 09-13-17, 03:49 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 4,410
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHSspartans13 View Post
Doubt they will. Boardman will be on again in week 8 live on Thursday at Ursuline. Also the canfield game should be game of the week as canfield will probably be undefeated and Boardman 5-1 or 6-0. Though to be fair any of Boardman's best 3 could be GOTW.
Ah didn't canfield beat boatdman last season after struthers beat them? They put it on GOTW anyways.

Week 6 is going to be Poland- Struthers. Krispinsky has told people I know from both communities.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 09-13-17, 04:32 PM
simkon simkon is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-27-11
Posts: 386
simkon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Ah didn't canfield beat boatdman last season after struthers beat them? They put it on GOTW anyways.
Week 6 is going to be Poland- Struthers. Krispinsky has told people I know from both communities.
Looking at Canfield's schedule being as they generally don't televise away games or games with one non-valley team, there really is not much opportunity unless you would just not televise Canfield at all which I guess they could do if they wanted to.
Canfield was away to non-area teams in week 1 and 3, had they been home they may have considered either game if there was not a good game in the area that week. East and Niles are not good this year so that would not be worthwhile (plus Niles was just on), Howland is not awful but they were just on recently. It won't be Lakeside, since this week is Hickory vs Sharon. If they are going to show Canfield this year it would have to be Struthers, Boardman or Poland. And if week 6 is actually Poland vs Struthers then that would effectively mean Canfield won't be on until week 11 if they make the playoffs and they don't choose a different game.

So far these teams have been the GOTW
Boardman
Champion
East Palestine
Hickory
Howland
Niles
Salem
Sharon
Springfield
South Range
Struthers
Warren JFK
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 09-13-17, 05:18 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 4,410
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Poland - Canfield wk 10 is being talked about.

They will play a team twice in one year. Happens every year.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 09-13-17, 05:46 PM
fish82 fish82 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-16-05
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 11,167
fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollred View Post
thoughts on the game?


This will be steubenville's only test of the season.
fify
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 09-13-17, 06:25 PM
BHSspartans13 BHSspartans13 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-27-06
Posts: 2,837
BHSspartans13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Poland - Canfield wk 10 is being talked about.

They will play a team twice in one year. Happens every year.
I mean Boardman already has 2, possibly a 3rd if they do Mooney next week.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 09-13-17, 06:48 PM
kingpin2010 kingpin2010 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 01-27-10
Location: McDonald, OH
Posts: 3,510
kingpin2010 is on a distinguished road
Just an FYI Struthers vs Canfield has already been picked for week 5. I doubt Struthers-Poland gets week 6 since that would be 3 out of 4 weeks with Struthers on
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 09-13-17, 07:16 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 4,410
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin2010 View Post
Just an FYI Struthers vs Canfield has already been picked for week 5. I doubt Struthers-Poland gets week 6 since that would be 3 out of 4 weeks with Struthers on
???
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 09-13-17, 07:16 PM
Buckeye Elite Buckeye Elite is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 08-10-14
Posts: 1,353
Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
I could be wrong but I heard boardman mooney next week and poland struthers after that
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 09-13-17, 07:20 PM
BHSspartans13 BHSspartans13 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-27-06
Posts: 2,837
BHSspartans13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Elite View Post
I could be wrong but I heard boardman mooney next week and poland struthers after that
Week 5 is already showing Canfield v Struthers on the WKBN website. Will be interesting if they show either team in Week 6.

Anyways, enough with the distractions, almost gameday in Death Valley. Expect the Spartans to come out with some extra anger as they don't like being included in that garbage WKBN power poll lol...
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 09-13-17, 07:31 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 4,410
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHSspartans13 View Post
Week 5 is already showing Canfield v Struthers on the WKBN website. Will be interesting if they show either team in Week 6.

Anyways, enough with the distractions, almost gameday in Death Valley. Expect the Spartans to come out with some extra anger as they don't like being included in that garbage WKBN power poll lol...
Hmmmmm Interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 09-13-17, 07:41 PM
simkon simkon is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-27-11
Posts: 386
simkon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Hmmmmm Interesting.
So it looks like someone heard incorrectly. So if they show Struthers vs Canfield week 5 would they more likely show Canfield and Boardman or Struthers and Poland?
What other big games are week 6?

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 09-13-17, 08:06 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 4,410
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by simkon View Post
So it looks like someone heard incorrectly. So if they show Struthers vs Canfield week 5 would they more likely show Canfield and Boardman or Struthers and Poland?
What other big games are week 6?

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk
Makes more sense to go Boardman - Mooney then struthers - Poland.

Wkbn always changes it up after week 3 every year.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 09-13-17, 08:36 PM
simkon simkon is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-27-11
Posts: 386
simkon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
Makes more sense to go Boardman - Mooney then struthers - Poland.
Wkbn always changes it up after week 3 every year.
http://wkbn.com/2017/08/21/wkbn-game...r-17th-season/
Friday September 22, 2017
Struthers vs. Canfield (Tape Delay broadcast at 11PM on FOX Youngstown/Replay Saturday at 9am on MyYTV)

This was literally just posted online tonight, I talked to a friend of mine briefly and he confirmed it. It will not be Mooney at Boardman for week 5. It may be Poland at Struthers or Canfield at Boardman for week 6. But like others have said it is not likely to be Struthers 3 weeks so close together.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 09-13-17, 08:51 PM
Spartan0505 Spartan0505 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-21-07
Posts: 2,189
Spartan0505 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHSspartans13 View Post
Week 5 is already showing Canfield v Struthers on the WKBN website. Will be interesting if they show either team in Week 6.

Anyways, enough with the distractions, almost gameday in Death Valley. Expect the Spartans to come out with some extra anger as they don't like being included in that garbage WKBN power poll lol...

That poll is a joke. Has 3 PA teams that nobody in this area cares about but not Boardman who's ranked #7 in the state in D2. Big joke.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 09-13-17, 08:52 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 4,410
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
That's busted. I wouldn't expect Canfield two weeks in a row tho.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 09-13-17, 09:07 PM
simkon simkon is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-27-11
Posts: 386
simkon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
That's busted. I wouldn't expect Canfield two weeks in a row tho.
Well what are their choices if they don't show Canfield or Struthers week 6?

Canfield was once GOTW 3 or 4 weeks in a row in 2005 I think it was, but usually they only have Canfield 0-1 games most years unless they are particularly good like this year in which case they generally (but not always) show 2 or 3 of their biggest games irrespective of anything else.

I am honestly curious to see what game they have for week 6...
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 09-13-17, 09:24 PM
Purple Hayes Purple Hayes is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-16-02
Location: Canton, OH
Posts: 864
Purple Hayes
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelValley View Post
Boardman is dramatically improved on offense. Very balanced attack running and passing the ball, and is spreading the ball to different receivers. Also, O'Horo (QB) is a good/tough runner. It makes it very hard to key on just one or 2 things. ]
I agree, I was really impressed with Boardman last week when I saw them play Jackson. Nice balance and the quarterback and skilled kids are difference makers. I will take Boardman in a close one, 27-21

If big red beats them, I don't see how anybody will touch them in their division

Last edited by Purple Hayes; 09-13-17 at 10:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 09-13-17, 09:26 PM
Cannoli137 Cannoli137 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-02-15
Posts: 158
Cannoli137 is on a distinguished road
Wonder what the "Fact Check Button", looks like, lol
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 09-13-17, 09:26 PM
jackson03 jackson03 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-03-13
Posts: 1,064
jackson03 is on a distinguished road
I had no idea Steubenville crafted their schedule the way they do, I know nothing about PA football, and I can't autistically compare scores. I guess they looked good against Morgantown.

Screw it, my eyes are bleeding trying to watch WTOV9. Pasteur has Boardman by 1, and that's what I'm going with. Steubenville gets caught napping against their biggest challenge remaining.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 09-13-17, 09:33 PM
Spread All Day Spread All Day is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-25-11
Location: The valley
Posts: 4,410
Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by simkon View Post
Well what are their choices if they don't show Canfield or Struthers week 6?

Canfield was once GOTW 3 or 4 weeks in a row in 2005 I think it was, but usually they only have Canfield 0-1 games most years unless they are particularly good like this year in which case they generally (but not always) show 2 or 3 of their biggest games irrespective of anything else.

I am honestly curious to see what game they have for week 6...
South Range - Crestview.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 09-13-17, 10:53 PM
dean martin1 dean martin1 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-12-17
Posts: 3
dean martin1 is on a distinguished road
"Big Red Band" will be rocking the Scaffidi Restaurant and Tavern pre-game Friday night at 5:30. Great FAMILY FRIENDLY atmosphere, food, and beer within five minute walking distance to the stadium, plenty of free parking. I stopped in pregame last year and it was awesome. The band takes over the place for a 4 to 5 song set and just turns the place out. Great pregame celebration for what is to be an exciting game. Hope to see some of my Boardman friends.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 09-14-17, 03:42 AM
valuska valuska is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 10-13-11
Posts: 197
valuska is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson03 View Post
I had no idea Steubenville crafted their schedule the way they do, I know nothing about PA football, and I can't autistically compare scores. I guess they looked good against Morgantown.

Screw it, my eyes are bleeding trying to watch WTOV9. Pasteur has Boardman by 1, and that's what I'm going with. Steubenville gets caught napping against their biggest challenge remaining.
Pasteur also picked Jackson to win by 8 pts. last week so what does that tell you. One thing for sure is Big Red will not be caught napping on Friday night. Should be an exciting and hard hitting football game. Harding Stadium is a great place to watch football. Visiting fans are within 10 yds. of the field in the front row....like being in the middle of the action. Hope to see a big and loud contingent from Boardman.

Last edited by valuska; 09-14-17 at 06:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 09-14-17, 04:49 AM
jackson03 jackson03 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 09-03-13
Posts: 1,064
jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by valuska View Post
Pasteur also picked Jackson to win by 8 pts. last week so what does that tell you.
It tells me he has good taste.

Go Spartans!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Challenge Game (9/15): Centerville (3-0) at Springfield (3-0) ELK Strong Football 100 09-15-17 10:52 PM
Challenge Game (9/15): Amherst (3-0) at Midview (3-0) Yappi Football 3 09-12-17 11:01 AM
Challenge Game (9/15): Miamisburg (3-0) at Wayne (2-1) Yappi Football 1 09-12-17 10:43 AM
Challenge Game (9/15): Ashtabula Lakeside (3-0) at Canfield (3-0) Yappi Football 22 09-12-17 10:19 AM
07/12 - ALBB - unofficial State / Regional schedules as I found them seclmw Baseball 0 07-12-17 07:28 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz