Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins: Centerville (3-0) at Springfield (3-0)
Centerville by 1-7 7 35.00%
Centerville by 8-14 8 40.00%
Centerville by 15+ 1 5.00%
Springfield by 1-7 3 15.00%
Springfield by 8-14 1 5.00%
Springfield by 15+ 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-17, 09:50 AM
All American

unbiased1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigv View Post
Now that was just dumb,you just mentioned three wins,you talk like Springfield has been a power house of late,Springfield is on the come up just like Centerville and Fairmont
Bigv, you can't have it both ways! All you guys are saying is how much talent you have this year, but it's been there for 3 years. You had the best player in the conference last year, Taylor, and one of the top 3 LB's in the Gwoc.

Talent wise, you guys were behind Wayne and Trotwood(maybe) the last 3 years and that it. So, barely beating those teams last year is a problem IMO. You are correct about the turnovers and penalties.....but when do you start to hold Douglas accountable for that?

Also, other than Newark & Grove City who is Lancaster beating? They beat a Canadian team?

And Lima Sr, who will they beat to get to 5 wins?

You guys are playing 2 D2 teams in weeks 1-3, that's not going to help any D1 team get ready for the playoff gauntlet.....unless your playing Trotwood, TCC, or Hoban.
Old 09-11-17, 09:51 AM
All American

Sorry Bigv, I am not trying....at all! You Cats fans are always great posters and genuinely root for the Wildcats once they are done playing the Elks.
Old 09-11-17, 10:00 AM
All American

bigv is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbiased1 View Post
Bigv, you can't have it both ways! All you guys are saying is how much talent you have this year, but it's been there for 3 years. You had the best player in the conference last year, Taylor, and one of the top 3 LB's in the Gwoc.

Talent wise, you guys were behind Wayne and Trotwood(maybe) the last 3 years and that it. So, barely beating those teams last year is a problem IMO. You are correct about the turnovers and penalties.....but when do you start to hold Douglas accountable for that?

Also, other than Newark & Grove City who is Lancaster beating? They beat a Canadian team?

You guys are playing 2 D2 teams in weeks 1-3, that's not going to help any D1 team get ready for the playoff gauntlet.....unless your playing Trotwood, TCC, or Hoban.
Springfield football had been down for a few years,and you are right the talent has been there,But I believe our kids are learning how to win again,headed in the right direction but the turnovers are unreal,if Springfield can figure it out teams will not want to play them
Old 09-11-17, 10:06 AM
All Yappi

catscatscats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Then the AD took a silly path to helping the Wildcats jump to the next level. With all the transfers Douglas gets/will get, they should have really stepped up the non-conference schedule.

You guys have watched their first 3 games. Will any of those opponents win more than 3-4 games?
Lancaster was a playoff team last year and was expected to have a good season this year. Princenton is under a new coach believe they won 7-8 games last hear and lima was 2-0 going into game. How i look at it is Elks and Cats have both played 1 good team so game could go either way.

Fairfield scored 10 points on a bad LW team. LW is not very good at all this year and Pick North is solid
Old 09-11-17, 10:08 AM
All American

Quote:

Hard to blame the coach for interceptions and fumbles,as far as the schedule Coffman is always tough,but you have to be careful because the GWOC is no walk in the park,,plus Lancaster has made the playoffs the last three years
Old 09-11-17, 10:12 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

When Douglass took over for Gillespie it was complete chaos. Weightroom wasn't serious, team wasnt watching film and much more nonsense that went on. The way he has turned the corner and now finally has some athletes and hard nose kids to go along with what they are teaching I will take it. Wayne hasn't lost a Gwoc game in years so in your theory a lot of coaches should be questioned. Heck besides Trotwood I dont even know who has played them close in a few years. We all know Danny was a huge part of the last 3 years and would be missed at any school around no matter if it was Centerville, Wayne, Trotwood whoever the kid was special. If you think that he's gone and theres nothing left I sure hope the coaching staff thinks the sameway
Old 09-11-17, 11:01 AM
All Ohio

member1 is on a distinguished road
From the outside looking in....Plenty of talent off Limestone. Douglass has them going in the right direction and with the addition of Johnson whom brings an competitive edge with him that reminds me of what them old South teams used to play with. I think Springfield is dangerous and being a fan of them from afar the last few years I rememeber they played with an edge back in the day and it has been hit and miss since they combined. I think Danny Davis and a couple guys before him started to bring that mindset back. Now Douglass has it on the right track. It could be spreading and if so watch out! ROArrrrrrrr!!!(wildcat sound from the PA at home games)!
Old 09-11-17, 01:11 PM
All District

slowyourroll is on a distinguished road
I have not seen Springfield play but if they turn the ball over 4 times a game they have no hope when they play against Fairmont who I have seen. Fairmont has very long time consuming drives. Getting the ball once a quarter and twice by the 4th is about all there is time for.

Centervillle wins by at least a touchdown.
Old 09-11-17, 01:20 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowyourroll View Post
I have not seen Springfield play but if they turn the ball over 4 times a game they have no hope when they play against Fairmont who I have seen. Fairmont has very long time consuming drives. Getting the ball once a quarter and twice by the 4th is about all there is time for.

Centervillle wins by at least a touchdown.
What if they don't turn it over?
Old 09-11-17, 01:59 PM
GO ELKS!

ELKSONE is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by catscatscats View Post
Not same coaching staff or same players so again your basing your assumption off what
Same coaches/staff and mostly the same players from last year, right? You beat the ELKS last year, who didn't have a defense, by Hail Mary pass. The ELKS have a much improved defense and are holding their own this year against solid teams. IMO, Springfield will have a tougher time with Centerville than in years past. ELKS by 10!
Old 09-11-17, 02:01 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELKSONE View Post
Same coaches/staff and mostly the same players from last year, right? You beat the ELKS last year, who didn't have a defense, by Hail Mary pass. The ELKS have a much improved defense and are holding their own this year against solid teams. IMO, Springfield will have a tougher time with Centerville than in years past. ELKS by 10!
Can't believe you mentioned the Hail Mary pass after the gift P North just gave the Elks
Old 09-11-17, 02:06 PM
GO ELKS!

Quote:
Lancaster was a playoff team last year and was expected to have a good season this year. Princenton is under a new coach believe they won 7-8 games last hear and lima was 2-0 going into game. How i look at it is Elks and Cats have both played 1 good team so game could go either way.

Fairfield scored 10 points on a bad LW team. LW is not very good at all this year and Pick North is solid
Princeton was 6-4 last year with 5 wins against teams with a losing record.
Old 09-11-17, 02:09 PM
GO ELKS!

Quote:
Can't believe you mentioned the Hail Mary pass after the gift P North just gave the Elks
After the gift still had to score twice to catch up and win the game. Your team threw one pass to win. I'd say it was harder for the Elks to pull out a victory last Friday than it was for your team to beat us last year.
Old 09-11-17, 02:13 PM
All American

Quote:
After the gift still had to score twice to catch up and win the game. Your team threw one pass to win. I'd say it was harder for the Elks to pull out a victory last Friday than it was for your team to beat us last year.
Get a running game yet?
Old 09-11-17, 02:17 PM
All American

Quote:
Sounds like the Elks were really dominating the game
Old 09-11-17, 02:41 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Fairfield beat 1 team with a winning record last year
Lakota West was 2-8 last year and currently 0-3 this year
Pick North who i will say is solid but they beat 2 teams with winning records and this year beat a Canadian team and a Jerome team that has blown out twice so whats your point?

Centerville will be the best team we played so far but will not be surprised by them
Old 09-11-17, 02:55 PM
All Region

Jet19 is on a distinguished road
Go Cats!!
Old 09-11-17, 03:06 PM
All American

Quote:
Fairfield beat 1 team with a winning record last year
Lakota West was 2-8 last year and currently 0-3 this year
Pick North who i will say is solid but they beat 2 teams with winning records and this year beat a Canadian team and a Jerome team that has blown out twice so whats your point?

Centerville will be the best team we played so far but will not be surprised by them
I'm glad to see them back GWOC needs a strong Centerville
Old 09-11-17, 04:28 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Challenge Game (9/15): Centerville (3-0) at Springfield (3-0)

Centerville (3-0) at Springfield (3-0)
08/25/17 Centerville (Centerville) 30, Fairfield (Fairfield) 23
09/01/17 Centerville (Centerville) 42, Lakota West (West Chester) 21
09/08/17 Centerville (Centerville) 27, Pickerington North (Pickerington) 26
08/25/17 Springfield (Springfield) 55, Lancaster (Lancaster) 21
09/01/17 Springfield (Springfield) 27, Princeton (Cincinnati) 24
09/08/17 Springfield (Springfield) 19, Lima Senior (Lima) 17

Play this game and the other 11 games in the pick'em here:
http://www.yappi.com/contest/contest.php
Old 09-11-17, 05:11 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
You mentioned how well coached Lima Sr. was, their JV team was not and some of that falls on the head coach, so I question how well their varsity is coached. Whether ML JV's would beat Springfield JV's I have no idea who would win since they do not play each other.
I didn't say a word about how well Lima sr was coached
Old 09-11-17, 05:59 PM
All American

Ok, we can keep arguing about the same things!

-Douglas will continue to hurt his teams by not instilling discipline. That does not mean they will lose a lot of games, but will never live up to the standard they should, with all that talent!

-The Cats schedule has been horrible and they almost lost to 2 of those teams.

-The Elks have struggled in the run game. As I posted earlier, they were missing their best RB and maybe the best offensive player. He played Friday about half the game and once he gets his legs under him.....it will be scary. Not sure it will be this week or next week either.....so Bigv is correct on the rushing.

-hopefully we don't get a rain fest from the hurricane weather.

My prediction-
Elks 31
Wildcats 21
Old 09-11-17, 06:21 PM
All District

Pant512 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yeah,I think Springfield is worried sick about all of Centervilles weapons and blazing speed,that 1.7 per rush is scary.
Lol
Old 09-11-17, 06:25 PM
All District

Pant512 is on a distinguished road
Elks win a close one. Not exactly like Springfield dominated in those games against teams that are not all that great anyway
Old 09-11-17, 06:57 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pant512 View Post
Elks win a close one. Not exactly like Springfield dominated in those games against teams that are not all that great anyway
Didn't dominate score wise but did in yardage,just can't hold on to the ball,11 freaking turnovers in two games,it's disgusting
Old 09-11-17, 07:00 PM
All American

You guys are starting to piss me off...lol
Old 09-11-17, 07:08 PM
All American

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I didn't say a word about how well Lima sr was coached
You are correct my bad. Another poster did.
Old 09-11-17, 07:11 PM
Varsity

D.Boone2 is on a distinguished road
Elks in a close one. Just an educated guess based on the body of work so far this season. While beating Lima Senior is a good accomplishment (and it is!), the unforeseen victory Centerville had over PN is bigger. Wildcats get to play at home but I suspect Elknation will travel well and help the team get it done in a very close game.
Old 09-11-17, 08:10 PM
All District

ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
Big win by the Elks vs. Pick North. 1st big road test this week vs. the Wildcats. I am going to take the Elks in another close one 24-21. The Elks need to find a running game quickly. I don't think Springfield has enough weapons.
Elks are favored by 8, but think it will be closer.
http://www.fantastic50.net/team089.html
Old 09-11-17, 08:24 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
You are correct my bad. Another poster did.
It's cool
Old 09-11-17, 08:26 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
Elks are favored by 8, but think it will be closer.
http://www.fantastic50.net/team089.html
Ohio state was favored by 8 too