Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins: Centerville (3-0) at Springfield (3-0)
Centerville by 1-7 7 35.00%
Centerville by 8-14 8 40.00%
Centerville by 15+ 1 5.00%
Springfield by 1-7 3 15.00%
Springfield by 8-14 1 5.00%
Springfield by 15+ 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-17, 06:44 PM
All District

ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
WK 4 : Centerville (3-0) @ Springfield (3-0)

Big win by the Elks vs. Pick North. 1st big road test this week vs. the Wildcats. I am going to take the Elks in another close one 24-21. The Elks need to find a running game quickly. I don't think Springfield has enough weapons.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-17, 07:17 PM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
Game of the week.
Old 09-09-17, 07:25 PM
All Yappi

catscatscats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
Big win by the Elks vs. Pick North. 1st big road test this week vs. the Wildcats. I am going to take the Elks in another close one 24-21. The Elks need to find a running game quickly. I don't think Springfield has enough weapons.
Springfield has more then enough weapons. If they lose it will be the stupid penalties and bad turnovers
Old 09-10-17, 08:12 AM
All American

bigv is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELK Strong View Post
Yeah,I think Springfield is worried sick about all of Centervilles weapons and blazing speed,that 1.7 per rush is scary.
Old 09-10-17, 01:04 PM
GO ELKS!

ELKSONE is an unknown quantity at this point
Springfield has a lot of great individual athletes, but they don't play well as a team. Centerville by 10
Old 09-10-17, 05:37 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELKSONE View Post
Springfield has a lot of great individual athletes, but they don't play well as a team. Centerville by 10
And you seen this when?
Old 09-10-17, 05:38 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by catscatscats View Post
And you seen this when?
He hasn't.
Old 09-10-17, 07:08 PM
GO ELKS!

ELKSONE is an unknown quantity at this point
1 League since the merger, doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.
Old 09-10-17, 07:39 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELKSONE View Post
1 League since the merger, doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.
Not same coaching staff or same players so again your basing your assumption off what
Old 09-10-17, 08:03 PM
Varsity

HSFootballFan1972 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
And you seen this when?
*saw (not seen)
Old 09-10-17, 08:17 PM
All American

unbiased1 is an unknown quantity at this point
First, always look forward to the trip to Springfield, North, or South! I will miss the grass, but have always enjoyed the hospitality......and appreciate the updates every year by Cats, Big, and CFIK.

Now onto the game. Listen, Elksone is a little more direct than I would have been out of the gate. But over the last 30 years a majority of the South teams are always far superior in talent, but have struggled to win more than 20% of the games played.

My thoughts & questions:

1-I think it was a big mistake for Douglas to get out of the Coffman series, while scheduling a very average Lima Sr,, and a miserable Princeton team. At this point, how good or bad are the Wildcats? They have looked so, so the last 2 weeks and my guess is it was ugly last week against Lima....who is not known as a team oriented, disciplined unit. My point is, going against Centerville, Fairmont, Wayne, Beavercreek, and Springboro will result in some surprising Losses.

2-Danny Davis was one of the top 5 athletes to ever come out of Springfield IMO. He was the reason you guys made the playoffs. I'm sure there is a committee of backs, but he was special.

3-it took a Hail Mary to beat one of the worst Centerville teams ever? I would tell you that all 3 phases of the Elks game has improved 10fold. Has Springfield improved?

4-rushing is a problem, but did you guys know that the starting RB missed the first 2 games and played a little against North? He's the real deal if he stays healthy.

5-The Wildcats will have some studs, but the Elks have played against a ton of college signees in the first 3 games. Someone else could give accurate information, but I would bet close too 12 D1 commitments. I don't think the Elks will be surprised by the size or speed Friday.

Look forward to your guys feedback!
Old 09-10-17, 08:34 PM
All Yappi

Kyle_E_Woyote is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSFootballFan1972 View Post
*saw (not seen)
This game could be a see-saw battle!
Old 09-10-17, 08:51 PM
All District

Bull_Elk is on a distinguished road
As far as radio and internet broadcast of this game, it is the GWOC game of the week and can be heard on
HANK-FM (101.5) http://www.1015hankfm.com/high-schoo...g-august-24th/

For TV replay, it is scheduled at 11pm Fri night on:
Spectrum Sports, Ch. 1311 (HD), 311 and 99
Old 09-10-17, 09:37 PM
All District

slowyourroll is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbiased1 View Post
First, always look forward to the trip to Springfield, North, or South! I will miss the grass, but have always enjoyed the hospitality......and appreciate the updates every year by Cats, Big, and CFIK.

Now onto the game. Listen, Elksone is a little more direct than I would have been out of the gate. But over the last 30 years a majority of the South teams are always far superior in talent, but have struggled to win more than 20% of the games played.

My thoughts & questions:

1-I think it was a big mistake for Douglas to get out of the Coffman series, while scheduling a very average Lima Sr,, and a miserable Princeton team. At this point, how good or bad are the Wildcats? They have looked so, so the last 2 weeks and my guess is it was ugly last week against Lima....who is not known as a team oriented, disciplined unit. My point is, going against Centerville, Fairmont, Wayne, Beavercreek, and Springboro will result in some surprising Losses.

2-Danny Davis was one of the top 5 athletes to ever come out of Springfield IMO. He was the reason you guys made the playoffs. I'm sure there is a committee of backs, but he was special.

3-it took a Hail Mary to beat one of the worst Centerville teams ever? I would tell you that all 3 phases of the Elks game has improved 10fold. Has Springfield improved?

4-rushing is a problem, but did you guys know that the starting RB missed the first 2 games and played a little against North? He's the real deal if he stays healthy.

5-The Wildcats will have some studs, but the Elks have played against a ton of college signees in the first 3 games. Someone else could give accurate information, but I would bet close too 12 D1 commitments. I don't think the Elks will be surprised by the size or speed Friday.

Point 1- was enough for me
My point is, going against Centerville, Fairmont, Wayne, Beavercreek, and Springboro will result in some surprising Losses.

Tall task if you ask me.
Old 09-10-17, 10:51 PM
All American

If Springfield cuts down on turnovers(11) in the last two games I don't think this game will be close,unless the Elks can find a running game,1.7 per carry is because of the o-line not the RB
Old 09-11-17, 03:15 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowyourroll View Post
Point 1- was enough for me
My point is, going against Centerville, Fairmont, Wayne, Beavercreek, and Springboro will result in some surprising Losses.

Tall task if you ask me.
Fairmont has improved a ton so has creek but neither are same category as Wayne or Centerville.
Old 09-11-17, 05:28 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

My thoughts & questions:

Danny was an amazing player. This team has more talent then we have had in a long time. Main problem is they are young but they are tough and physical. Douglasa had nothing to do with Coffman being over it was a 2 year deal for opening game.

Springfield has seen d1 players as well. Lima sr isn't Moeller but they are far from a pushover and well coached by Archie Griffin son. They have a huge receicer who is going to UK and very physical.

Im sure Centerville will come into this game wanting revenge but trust Springfield wants to show it wasnt a fluke. Good luck to Elks friday and hopes for a injury free game
Old 09-11-17, 06:56 AM
All District

ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:

My thoughts & questions:

Really good post! If the Elks can keep Taylor in the pocket, I don't think he can beat us with his arm. Elks will have the edge of revenge on their mind after dropping a game they should have won last year. The loss of Davis is big.
Old 09-11-17, 07:16 AM
All Yappi

Would like to see Springfield pull this out. (Nothing against Centerville) The Springfield wins are very unimpressive. I almost consider Princeton the worst team in SW Ohio based on their loss to West Clermont. And Springfield only beat them by one score.
Old 09-11-17, 07:35 AM
All American

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Danny was an amazing player. This team has more talent then we have had in a long time. Main problem is they are young but they are tough and physical. Douglasa had nothing to do with Coffman being over it was a 2 year deal for opening game.

Springfield has seen d1 players as well. Lima sr isn't Moeller but they are far from a pushover and well coached by Archie Griffin son. They have a huge receicer who is going to UK and very physical.

Im sure Centerville will come into this game wanting revenge but trust Springfield wants to show it wasnt a fluke. Good luck to Elks friday and hopes for a injury free game
Disagree about How well coached Lima Senior is, Marion Local played Lima Sr.'s JV team and I never seen a more disorganized football team. Some of that has to fall on the head coach and I am a huge Archie Griffin fan.
Old 09-11-17, 08:19 AM
All American

Quote:
Fairmont has improved a ton so has creek but neither are same category as Wayne or Centerville.

What? They beat a 1-9 Fairmont team by 7 and beat Beavercreek by 5....and Northmont by 6. If any of those teams have improved, then it's very plausible to think the Wildcats are in trouble.
Old 09-11-17, 08:23 AM
All American

Quote:

Just a few reasons why I said that Cats:

Against the Elks last year, Davis had 197 yards of the Cats total 260 yards.

Against Fairmont, Davis had 192 yards of the Cats total 249 yards.

Does Springfield have ton of talent yes!
Old 09-11-17, 08:34 AM
All American

Then the AD took a silly path to helping the Wildcats jump to the next level. With all the transfers Douglas gets/will get, they should have really stepped up the non-conference schedule.

You guys have watched their first 3 games. Will any of those opponents win more than 3-4 games?
Old 09-11-17, 08:54 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Then the AD took a silly path to helping the Wildcats jump to the next level. With all the transfers Douglas gets/will get, they should have really stepped up the non-conference schedule.

You guys have watched their first 3 games. Will any of those opponents win more than 3-4 games?
Springfield didn't schedule a bad non conference slate. No one knew those teams would be this sorry, most season's they're not.
Old 09-11-17, 09:06 AM
All American

The point is ball protection,11 turnovers in two games will make the score close,How do you even win those two games?Springfields tailback had 14 yards less the Limas offensive total,Springfield had more then 200 yards then Lima,my point is no turnovers this week then I believe Springfield rolls
Old 09-11-17, 09:08 AM
All American

Quote:

Lima and Lancaster will,Lime came into the game 2-0
Old 09-11-17, 09:12 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Disagree about How well coached Lima Senior is, Marion Local played Lima Sr.'s JV team and I never seen a more disorganized football team. Some of that has to fall on the head coach and I am a huge Archie Griffin fan.
This is the second time you have mentioned ML Lima jv game,what does that have to do with anything?ML jvs couldn't beat Springfields
Old 09-11-17, 09:32 AM
All American

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigv View Post
This is the second time you have mentioned ML Lima jv game,what does that have to do with anything?ML jvs couldn't beat Springfields
You mentioned how well coached Lima Sr. was, their JV team was not and some of that falls on the head coach, so I question how well their varsity is coached. Whether ML JV's would beat Springfield JV's I have no idea who would win since they do not play each other.
Old 09-11-17, 09:35 AM
All American

Quote:
What? They beat a 1-9 Fairmont team by 7 and beat Beavercreek by 5....and Northmont by 6. If any of those teams have improved, then it's very plausible to think the Wildcats are in trouble.
Now that was just dumb,you just mentioned three wins,you talk like Springfield has been a power house of late,Springfield is on the come up just like Centerville and Fairmont
Old 09-11-17, 09:37 AM
All American

You guys are about to piss me off!lol