Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-11-17, 01:00 PM
All World

The Final Say is on a distinguished road
Trotwood-Madison @ Tipp City

Trotwood comes off of a big time road win at Pickerington Central which at times they looked dominant. Tipp City looks to have struggled a bunch against Northmont. Can't believe that no thread has been started for this one it has been a good series in the playoffs and here recently in the regular season. Trotwood-Madison is a offensive team that has a lot of weapons and maybe the best player in the state. What does Tipp have this year? Can the Red Devils slow down Stephens-Peppers? Will Hargrove go for 250 plus? And is this on Turf or Grass? Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-17, 01:27 PM
All Ohio

wrestlingdad33 is on a distinguished road
This is being played at the cow pasture.... No artificial turf here fellas. The field is somewhere between dung, dirt and grass.... We promise to move the cattle out at least 48 hours before game time.

Klump told me Tipp by 14+
Old 09-11-17, 01:49 PM
All Ohio

member1 is on a distinguished road
I think this one might get ugly. If the Rams play like they did last Friday night. Ewwww!

Rams roll 44-14. Tippy scores a TD late to give them 14 as the young guys are in for the Rams.
Old 09-11-17, 02:29 PM
All World

The Final Say is on a distinguished road
I think

This has the potential to be a let down game if Trotwood isn't careful. I am sure they will get some crazy tweet or post from Tipp that will bring about a good since of motivation though. If Trotwood plays how they did last week Tipp has no chance, in fact it could get really ugly in a hurry if that is the case.
Old 09-11-17, 02:47 PM
All Region

Geno1 is on a distinguished road
Sorry to say this but I see a running clock for the 2nd half.

Tipp City has a scrappy team and they play hard. But, I see no chance against Trotwood this year.
Old 09-11-17, 03:40 PM
All District

GOBURG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno1 View Post
Sorry to say this but I see a running clock for the 2nd half.

Tipp City has a scrappy team and they play hard. But, I see no chance against Trotwood this year.

Agree. TWOOD is on a different level than almost every team in the GWOC right now. Coach Black running the D has taken them to a new level!
Old 09-11-17, 03:49 PM
All Region

BoomerSooner is on a distinguished road
Tipp has managed to give Trotwood a fight a couple times in their recent meetings, but I just don't see that happening this year.

Trotwood by 4+ scores
Old 09-11-17, 05:34 PM
All District

Professor.Klump is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingdad33 View Post
This is being played at the cow pasture.... No artificial turf here fellas. The field is somewhere between dung, dirt and grass.... We promise to move the cattle out at least 48 hours before game time.

Klump told me Tipp by 14+
LMBAO..... I didn't say anything, and I won't no mater what, unless my hand is forced. I been talking Sh*** on here for 4-5 years now, and I don't feel like
I deserve to do so.. Being the Region 12 overseer is cool, and even Region 8 when we were in DIV II, but I'm tired of the final 4, and even the SHIP BUT NO Ring. You guys deal with me you don't have to see these kids faces when it's over. So until we win the damn thing again I will be respectful, unless my hand is forced..

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY

Last edited by Professor.Klump; 09-11-17 at 06:32 PM.
Old 09-11-17, 06:27 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBURG View Post
Agree. TWOOD is on a different level than almost every team in the GWOC right now. Coach Black running the D has taken them to a new level!
No disrespect but no one coaching addition has made the difference. These dudes have been made a difference. Black is a good addition but those kids Jeff Graham and Mo Doug made the difference. They just came off a state runner-up? They have been on a different level for the lasf 10 years.
Old 09-11-17, 06:36 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerSooner View Post
Tipp has managed to give Trotwood a fight a couple times in their recent meetings, but I just don't see that happening this year.

Trotwood by 4+ scores
Not much of a fight. The Jacob Hall team was a good game Rams still won by 2-Tds. Rams by 28.
Old 09-11-17, 06:51 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by member1 View Post
Not much of a fight. The Jacob Hall team was a good game Rams still won by 2-Tds. Rams by 28.
Yeah....it was a good game, hence a fight. In both that game and 2015, Tipp was within one score in the 4th with the ball.

But this Tipp team isn't as good as either of those, and Trotwood appears to be scary good after knocking off Pick Central. 28 points may even be too small of a line
Old 09-11-17, 06:56 PM
All Ohio

wrestlingdad33 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor.Klump View Post
LMBAO..... I didn't say anything, and I won't no mater what, unless my hand is forced. I been talking Sh*** on here for 4-5 years now, and I don't feel like
I deserve to do so.. Being the Region 12 overseer is cool, and even Region 8 when we were in DIV II, but I'm tired of the final 4, and even the SHIP BUT NO Ring. You guys deal with me you don't have to see these kids faces when it's over. So until we win the damn thing again I will be respectful, unless my hand is forced..

RAMNATION ALMIGHTY
I was trying to see if I could get you fired up! I wish this game was at t-wood I want a steak burger!
Old 09-11-17, 07:22 PM
All District

Ram Nation 95 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Trotwood had the #1 defense last year in the gwoc almost the entire regular season and then slipped to #2.
Old 09-11-17, 08:13 PM
All Region

buckeye1689 is on a distinguished road
T-M by a lot.
Old 09-12-17, 06:40 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Yeah....it was a good game, hence a fight. In both that game and 2015, Tipp was within one score in the 4th with the ball.

But this Tipp team isn't as good as either of those, and Trotwood appears to be scary good after knocking off Pick Central. 28 points may even be too small of a line
Stop it. The Hall game was a good one. I gave you that but Rams still one by 2-td's. In 2015 Hargrove had dang near 400 yards rushing and the Rams were never threatened after the 2nd quarter. Tipp could not stop the Hargrove. I understand that you guys out there in Tipp wanna stomp with the Big Boys and moral victories may mean something to some of the fans.. But in reality Tipp has not been an formidable opponent to Twood over the years. Just one game in a few where it was close then boom....Rams up by 2-tds Good luck to the Tipp kids maybe the Rams will have a let down or something? If so, maybe a good game? If they don't, it gets ugly! And hopefully someone won't come back with well Tipp played them well until the 2nd quarter???? Cmon!
Old 09-12-17, 06:56 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Nation 95 View Post
Trotwood had the #1 defense last year in the gwoc almost the entire regular season and then slipped to #2.
Last year, heck just about last 10 years our defense has been pretty dang good. If anything coming to Trotwood has helped Coach B become a better coach. No disrespect to the guy because he seems to be a good addition. But don't think him coming over here and sprinkling some M-burg dust on these kids has them playing at any different level than they have been. Rams D has been in the top 10 in the GWOC since 2006 with like three years in a row at number 1. 2011-13 maybe?? It's all on the GWOC site.. Anyway to be honest the Trotwood back-end (db's) are as about as bad right now as I have ever seen them so maybe the new coach should spend some of his time working with those guys a little more. I am sure they will get better as the season goes on but they are struggling right now. But to say that and the D is still playing pretty well... That is not one coach. That is a program sir!
Old 09-12-17, 07:13 AM
All American

InTheDarke is on a distinguished road
Trotwood is the best team in the entire GWOC across the board. Right now, I would pick them over all the big boys. Tipp could let the grass grow all week, and it's not going to matter. It didn't slow down Northmont, and it's most assuredly not slowing down the Rams. Over by halftime.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-17, 07:25 AM
All District

Quote:
Last year, heck just about last 10 years our defense has been pretty dang good. If anything coming to Trotwood has helped Coach B become a better coach. No disrespect to the guy because he seems to be a good addition. But don't think him coming over here and sprinkling some M-burg dust on these kids has them playing at any different level than they have been. Rams D has been in the top 10 in the GWOC since 2006 with like three years in a row at number 1. 2011-13 maybe?? It's all on the GWOC site.. Anyway to be honest the Trotwood back-end (db's) are as about as bad right now as I have ever seen them so maybe the new coach should spend some of his time working with those guys a little more. I am sure they will get better as the season goes on but they are struggling right now. But to say that and the D is still playing pretty well... That is not one coach. That is a program sir!
That was my point that trotwoods defense was already good I just used last year as an example.
Old 09-12-17, 07:35 AM
All Ohio

I got ya! I was really trying to get the point across to M-burg dude. Coach B is a good addition but got the Rams playing on another level??? Nah! Already been on that level.
Old 09-12-17, 08:13 AM
All District

Quote:
I got ya! I was really trying to get the point across to M-burg dude. Coach B is a good addition but got the Rams playing on another level??? Nah! Already been on that level.
You can look at stats (and by the way you should have the #1 D in the GWOC based on the conference you were in for the 2016 season). I know first hand the kind of coach Dion is and he is at the right place. He will make a positive impact on and off the field. Just pointing out that TWOOD fans should appreciate the fact that he is a great D coordinator and a fantastic role model. The sad thing is TWOOD fans find the need to be confrontational even when someone is complimenting the program.
Old 09-12-17, 08:27 AM
All Ohio

No one is being confrontational at all. You stated he has those kids playing on "another level". Those were your words. In the initial response I stated he was a good pick-up for the team but wanted to make sure you knew that this one addition would not have anyone playing on any higher level. He is a good pick-up and a good role-model for the kids that are already surrounded by other great role models on that staff. So in essence this gentlemen will be an attribute to the staff. As will coach Worthom from Meadowdale and a few other new guys. But don't get it twisted, Graham, Ivey, Freeman, Paschal, D'arazio, Moore and them other guys that have been working with those kids for years are the original difference makers and role models for those kids. Coach B just was able to jump on a train that is just rolling along! Choo! Choo!

Don't take it personal. No confrontation. Just facts.
Old 09-12-17, 09:00 AM
All District

Quote:
Agreed #facts
Old 09-12-17, 09:08 AM
All Region

Quote:
Stop it. The Hall game was a good one. I gave you that but Rams still one by 2-td's. In 2015 Hargrove had dang near 400 yards rushing and the Rams were never threatened after the 2nd quarter. Tipp could not stop the Hargrove. I understand that you guys out there in Tipp wanna stomp with the Big Boys and moral victories may mean something to some of the fans.. But in reality Tipp has not been an formidable opponent to Twood over the years. Just one game in a few where it was close then boom....Rams up by 2-tds Good luck to the Tipp kids maybe the Rams will have a let down or something? If so, maybe a good game? If they don't, it gets ugly! And hopefully someone won't come back with well Tipp played them well until the 2nd quarter???? Cmon!
Haha you're the one that needs to stop it. All I'm saying is those games were competitive most of the way. Obviously Trotwood threw the knockout blow in the 4th of both of those games, and yes, Tipp couldn't touch Hargrove in 2015. You're not making any points that refute what I'm saying. Nowhere did I say Tipp has been formidable over the years, just that they had a few times where they were able to stay in the game.

Keep putting words in my mouth though, non-existent internet fights are entertaining, if nothing else.
Old 09-12-17, 09:25 AM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You can look at stats (and by the way you should have the #1 D in the GWOC based on the conference you were in for the 2016 season). I know first hand the kind of coach Dion is and he is at the right place. He will make a positive impact on and off the field. Just pointing out that TWOOD fans should appreciate the fact that he is a great D coordinator and a fantastic role model. The sad thing is TWOOD fans find the need to be confrontational even when someone is complimenting the program.
Coach Black coaches the DB's. Mike D'Razio is the defensive coordinator and has been for the last 10 years Coach Black may be/is a good coach but trust me he isn't adding anything that wasn't already there. NO ONE has had the sustained success that this program has had the last decade maybe since 06', and this staff addded several new coaches this season. The nucleus has never left and that's JEFF"NO JOKE"GRAHAM(who doesn't receive the credit he deserves unlike some of his less successful GWOC coaches),KERRY IVY(OC/OL one of the best in Ohio if not the best) MIKE D'RAZIO(DC/DL, and GREG"DUKE"MOORE(RB'S The best,Developed these running back this era at Twood). These guys are legendary and HOFers and is the reason why along with Maurice Douglass, this program has been successful on and off the field.

This program will never get the credit it deserves.
Old 09-12-17, 09:28 AM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Haha you're the one that needs to stop it. All I'm saying is those games were competitive most of the way. Obviously Trotwood threw the knockout blow in the 4th of both of those games, and yes, Tipp couldn't touch Hargrove in 2015. You're not making any points that refute what I'm saying. Nowhere did I say Tipp has been formidable over the years, just that they had a few times where they were able to stay in the game.

Keep putting words in my mouth though, non-existent internet fights are entertaining, if nothing else.
Boomer,are you serious IT'S OVER! WHO CARES!
Old 09-12-17, 09:34 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezzo! View Post
Boomer,are you serious IT'S OVER! WHO CARES!
I'm not the one who brought all this up, I just said Tipp has given them a fight a couple times, and apparently that offended someone. Our definition of "fight" differs, apparently.
Old 09-12-17, 09:59 AM
All District

Quote:
No disrespect to the new addition to the coaching staff I've only heard good things about him.

So basically your saying trotwood had the #1 defense cause we play in a bad division then you said we're on another level on defense because of the new coach and we still play in that same bad division lol. Just messing with ya lol!!!
Old 09-12-17, 10:15 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Nation 95 View Post
No disrespect to the new addition to the coaching staff I've only heard good things about him.

So basically your saying trotwood had the #1 defense cause we play in a bad division then you said we're on another level on defense because of the new coach and we still play in that same bad division lol. Just messing with ya lol!!!
Not at all....just saying if you did not have the #1 D playing Fairborn, WC, Stebbins and Xenia there should be a problem. You should be able to run out your JV team and throttle those teams, which you basically already do.

To clarify I am 100% not saying that TWOOD is good because of their GWOC conference. Your program got screwed by the GWOC with this group.
Old 09-12-17, 10:35 AM
All Ohio

yakyak is on a distinguished road
I am hearing the difference this year is the qb play with the rams (from a winning state perspective). They are scary if the QB can control a game also with that crazy good RB.

I was really surprised Tipp did not put up a better fight against the bolts. It looks like speed will hurt them this year. I think they can play with the grinders in the north this year, but not these guys.

Running clock. Might be the biggest defeat at home in a long time.
Old 09-12-17, 10:46 AM
All Ohio

Quote:

I have never put a word in your mouth. I was responding to a comment you made. Simple as that. Tipp had one good game vs. the Rams and they still got beat by 2-TDs. Just the facts.. Good lick to Tipp on Friday night. I fear it may get ugly but regardless I hope for no injuries and a clean fun football game.