Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > League/School Forums > Elder Panthers

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 09-13-17, 03:06 PM
adselder09 adselder09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 12,696
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
The obvious talent disparity, maybe?
What's so obvious about it? Specifically who's more talented 1v1 from their team compared to Elder? Not disagreeing that they are more talented but it's silly to think it's "that obvious" when you likely haven't even seen Eds play. You ASSume there's an obvious talent disparity because if/when they lose by 2-3 scores it'll fit your agenda.
  #32  
Old 09-13-17, 03:20 PM
Panther_Football1 Panther_Football1 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-25-13
Posts: 163
Panther_Football1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
The obvious talent disparity, maybe?
just because there's a talent disparity doesn't mean that they are going to lose. The year where Eds had all the talent in the world Elder ended up winning. Just because teams have guys with D1 offers doesn't always mean they're a good team. Winton Woods and Lakota West would win State every year if that was the case. Plus this years Elder team has a few D1 guys on it as well. Bono has multiple offers and James at tackle will receive plenty of offers in the future. And there is plenty of guys getting looked at by colleges. This team is better than you're making them out to be, give the boys some credit. They have some talent
  #33  
Old 09-13-17, 03:29 PM
trey2k trey2k is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-21-15
Posts: 1,297
trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
I never once said they couldn't win. Where did I say that? Teams with superior talent lose all the time to lesser teams. Elder teams win these type of games all the time.

But the talent difference exists, whether you will face reality or not.

Breath boys...you all go off when I type something, and then say sh*t that I didn't type. Just breathe a little.
  #34  
Old 09-13-17, 03:31 PM
trey2k trey2k is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-21-15
Posts: 1,297
trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
it'll fit your agenda.
Or the reality.

That's my point...regardless of what happens, you people will never admit the obvious fact that they have more talent.

So what's the point? It will be the refs fault, or the coaches fault...when it's obvious we're playing with less horses.

Why is this so hard to admit?

We're going to end up going 5-5 or 6-4 this year against great teams...but no one will admit that we had less talent than them. If we had more, we wouldn't end up 5-5.

Last edited by trey2k; 09-13-17 at 03:57 PM.
  #35  
Old 09-13-17, 04:01 PM
trey2k trey2k is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-21-15
Posts: 1,297
trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Not disagreeing that they are more talented .
???????

What exactly are you arguing then? They have more talent...every Elder coach would tell you the same thing. Doesn't mean they can't/won't win.

  #36  
Old 09-13-17, 04:04 PM
JElder JElder is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-02
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 13,441
JElder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
Or the reality.

That's my point...regardless of what happens, you people will never admit the obvious fact that they have more talent.

So what's the point? It will be the refs fault, or the coaches fault...when it's obvious we're playing with less horses.

Why is this so hard to admit?

We're going to end up going 5-5 or 6-4 this year against great teams...but no one will admit that we had less talent than them. If we had more, we wouldn't end up 5-5.
Have you watched Ed's play this year? Where are they more talented than Elder at position wise? Please use specific names when talking about Ed's.
  #37  
Old 09-13-17, 04:10 PM
trey2k trey2k is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-21-15
Posts: 1,297
trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JElder View Post
Have you watched Ed's play this year? Where are they more talented than Elder at position wise? Please use specific names when talking about Ed's.
Why?

So everyone will tell me how crazy I am even though deep down they agree with me? It will just start a "no way he's better than him argument...you're just a moron with sour grapes"

I could post 10 obvious names, and it will be as obvious as them being better than us...and everyone will still disagree. And then they will beat us by 3 touchdowns, and everyone will come back and tell me how I was wrong. This place is bonkers backwards. They take the obvious and deny it...then the obvious happens, and they still deny it.

So what's the point? You act like it's some sacriligious statement to say St Eds, who plays the recruiting game, and goes out and gets specific athletes, has more talent than Elder, who doesn't.

Please help me understand how my post is that controversial? In English.
  #38  
Old 09-13-17, 04:31 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Trey=YRoevWadeisgood
Posts: 4,638
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
What's so obvious about it? Specifically who's more talented 1v1 from their team compared to Elder? Not disagreeing that they are more talented but it's silly to think it's "that obvious" when you likely haven't even seen Eds play. You ASSume there's an obvious talent disparity because if/when they lose by 2-3 scores it'll fit your agenda.
Bingo. There wasn't any kind of talent disparity last year, and frankly, Elder outplayed Eds by a good amount. That late TD made it seem like much closer of a game.
  #39  
Old 09-13-17, 04:56 PM
JElder JElder is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-02
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 13,441
JElder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
Why?

So everyone will tell me how crazy I am even though deep down they agree with me? It will just start a "no way he's better than him argument...you're just a moron with sour grapes"

I could post 10 obvious names, and it will be as obvious as them being better than us...and everyone will still disagree. And then they will beat us by 3 touchdowns, and everyone will come back and tell me how I was wrong. This place is bonkers backwards. They take the obvious and deny it...then the obvious happens, and they still deny it.

So what's the point? You act like it's some sacriligious statement to say St Eds, who plays the recruiting game, and goes out and gets specific athletes, has more talent than Elder, who doesn't.

Please help me understand how my post is that controversial? In English.
Have you watched Eds play this year? You have no idea if they are better than Elder or not. You are simply spouting off from recent success. Now if you were talking about X, I would agree with you because we know who actually plays for X.
  #40  
Old 09-13-17, 04:58 PM
trey2k trey2k is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-21-15
Posts: 1,297
trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
And then if Elder goes up and loses by 3 TDs, everyone will say how our coaches suck, how our defense sucks, how the talent disparity doesn't exist...when the real is very simple and obvious. They have more talent and a better team.

And if they win, everyone will run here as fast as they can and say "I told you so" even when I never said they couldn't win.

Just be consistent. I'm not shocking the world by saying we're the underdog. It's not that big of a deal. It's the truth.
  #41  
Old 09-13-17, 04:58 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Trey=YRoevWadeisgood
Posts: 4,638
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JElder View Post
Have you watched Eds play this year? You have no idea if they are better than Elder or not. You are simply spouting off from recent success. Now if you were talking about X, I would agree with you because we know who actually plays for X.
He's so full of $h1t. Don't waste your time.
  #42  
Old 09-13-17, 05:01 PM
trey2k trey2k is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-21-15
Posts: 1,297
trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JElder View Post
Have you watched Eds play this year? You have no idea if they are better than Elder or not. You are simply spouting off from recent success. Now if you were talking about X, I would agree with you because we know who actually plays for X.
What does it matter if I've seen them play? I am 100% confident that the overall football talent is greater at Eds vs what is at Elder. 100%...and so are you.

Doesn't mean Elder can't win. Again...not controversial at all.
  #43  
Old 09-13-17, 05:02 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Trey=YRoevWadeisgood
Posts: 4,638
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
And at Trey using "us" and "we" when referring to Elder.
  #44  
Old 09-13-17, 05:03 PM
trey2k trey2k is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-21-15
Posts: 1,297
trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
He's so full of $h1t. Don't waste your time.
Yet if Elder loses by 3 TDs...you will still say the same thing. And then still call me the moron. When the fact of the matter is all you really have to do is say...you're right.

It's happened on multiple ocassions, and will continue to happen, because no one has the stones to admit I'm right with much of what I spew on this board. Well, some of you do...Visi Football has his head on right. He understands the current landscape of high school sports, and how Elder isn't a part of it...that alone tells you Elder doesn't have as much talent. He's a fan...but he doesn't have blinders on, and is willing to call out "obvious" deficiencies in how Elder operates compared to its competition. He also doesn't act like a jack* at times like I do, I will admit. But when he posts, I nod my head in agreement pretty much all the time.
  #45  
Old 09-13-17, 05:39 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Trey=YRoevWadeisgood
Posts: 4,638
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Trey, I don't even need to see your posts to know how dumb they are. You're a dumb scrotum licker w/o an original thought in your head.
  #46  
Old 09-13-17, 05:40 PM
Purplemojo Purplemojo is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-20-08
Posts: 2,837
Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
Once again...how many people would agree that St Eds probably has the better team this year? Probably 80-90% (the other 10-20% would never admit anyone or anything is better than Elder, ever)?

If that's the case, please explain to me how Elder fans rationally thinking they could lose this game is negativity? How is someone making a prediction off of rational, solid information negative?

Eds rationally has the better team and the better talent...nope, can't have that. Elder will win everything, every single time...or you're nothing but a hater.

How stupid.
Wow. You called me out. Yes, I admit I am an Elder fan. All I know know is that Elder has already had some good play on the field this year and if they can play their best for four quarters (including improvement in pass defense) they can win this.

I would never bet against Elder. After what I have seen in my nearly 50 years of being an Elder fan, I know that they can make magic happen. They won't beat them all, all of the time, but they are capable of beating any team any time.

I mentioned the need to tighten up the pass coverage in prior posts. They need to improve, but, there is no doubt in my mind that these kids are capable of beating Eds this Saturday

Last edited by Purplemojo; 09-13-17 at 05:54 PM.
  #47  
Old 09-13-17, 05:45 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Trey=YRoevWadeisgood
Posts: 4,638
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
Wow. You called me out. Yes, I admit I am an Elder fan. All I know know is that Elder has already had some good play on the field this year and if they can play their best for four quarters (including improvement in pass defense) they can win this.

I would never bet against Elder. After what I have seen in my nearly 50 years of being and Elder fan, I know that they can make magic happen. They won't beat them all, all of the time, but they are capable of beating any team any time.

I mentioned the need to tighten up the pass coverage in prior posts. They need to improve, but, there is no doubt in my mind that these kids are capable of beating Eds this Saturday
Eds didn't seem like the better team last year. He's being his typical b1tch azz self. Eds is good, but to automatically assume they're so much better than Elder, without having even seen them play, is the height of stupidity.
  #48  
Old 09-13-17, 05:54 PM
SMARTY22 SMARTY22 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-23-09
Posts: 1,438
SMARTY22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k View Post
The obvious talent disparity, maybe?
No, he wouldn't just come out and say that at Dads Club! Nice try though!
  #49  
Old 09-13-17, 06:47 PM
ElderPanthersFB ElderPanthersFB is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-08-17
Posts: 1
ElderPanthersFB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
The bulk of negativity is from posters who are casual fans at best. The Secondary is the most pressing weakness, and the QB play needs to be more consistent. However, this is still a good to very good team. The OL play has been miles and miles better than last year, the run game is solid, and the Front 7 and WRs are still very good.
Did you go to Elder?
  #50  
Old 09-13-17, 07:38 PM
trey2k trey2k is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-21-15
Posts: 1,297
trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMARTY22 View Post
No, he wouldn't just come out and say that at Dads Club! Nice try though!
I'm supremely confident that Coach Ramsey believes they can win with every fiber of his being, as he should...and even he would tell you that they have more talent. Just ask him.

Again, someone please explain to me why no one else can state the obvious? Why is it so hard for anyone else to say, because that's all I said.
  #51  
Old 09-13-17, 07:41 PM
trey2k trey2k is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-21-15
Posts: 1,297
trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplemojo View Post
Wow. You called me out. Yes, I admit I am an Elder fan. All I know know is that Elder has already had some good play on the field this year and if they can play their best for four quarters (including improvement in pass defense) they can win this.

I would never bet against Elder. After what I have seen in my nearly 50 years of being an Elder fan, I know that they can make magic happen. They won't beat them all, all of the time, but they are capable of beating any team any time.

I mentioned the need to tighten up the pass coverage in prior posts. They need to improve, but, there is no doubt in my mind that these kids are capable of beating Eds this Saturday
I didn't call anyone out...the main theme of this thread is that this will be a very tough game to win, and we're likely the underdogs. I would whole-heartedly agree that they can pull magic out...I've seen it plenty of times myself.

But I say Eds have more talent, and get my head chewed off. If the talent isn't the reason people think this is going to be a hard game...then what's everyone basing this on? The bus ride?

Of course it's the players. C'mon people.
  #52  
Old 09-13-17, 08:24 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Trey=YRoevWadeisgood
Posts: 4,638
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Trey Logic: unless you blindly believe a team Elder beat last year is better than them, you're a homer.
  #53  
Old 09-13-17, 09:59 PM
trey2k trey2k is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-21-15
Posts: 1,297
trey2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Board logic: unless you blindly believe Elder cannot possibly have less talent than any school ever created, you're a hater.
  #54  
Old 09-13-17, 10:14 PM
adselder09 adselder09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 12,696
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JElder View Post
Have you watched Ed's play this year? Where are they more talented than Elder at position wise? Please use specific names when talking about Ed's.
This is what I was getting at trey. You also said it's obvious, how can it be so obvious to you unless you've seen St Eds play.
  #55  
Old 09-13-17, 10:21 PM
adselder09 adselder09 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 05-11-07
Posts: 12,696
adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Just answer the question trey, it'll be the 4th time it is asked. Have you seen Eds play this year? Answer that, then we can move on to the next piece. If there are 10 names you can toss out there that are better than any Elder player please do so. Back up your argument/stance/belief etc. If it's so obvious or the absolute truth it shouldn't be hard to do.
  #56  
Old 09-13-17, 11:34 PM
PURPLE REIGN PURPLE REIGN is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-17-01
Posts: 5,341
PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
I'm on Team Trey in this argument. It's not as if we are talking about a team from NC, CA, FL, MD, etc. we have not seen play. We watch Ed's play Elder every year and every year they are among the most talented teams in the state. Combine top talent with solid coaching each year and you have a perennial power. They are undefeated and none of the games have been close.

So what he doesn't know who the players are? We don't know who Ignatius players are either but we know they are good...almost every year. We haven't see Winton Woods play either, but anyone want to bet they have great team speed across the board? When teams have proven it time and time again, they get the benefit of the doubt.

Best of luck to Elder, but Ed's is the heavy favorite.

Ed's 31
Elder 20
  #57  
Old 09-14-17, 02:22 AM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Trey=YRoevWadeisgood
Posts: 4,638
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post

So what he doesn't know who the players are? We don't know who Ignatius players are either but we know they are good...almost every year. We haven't see Winton Woods play either, but anyone want to bet they have great team speed across the board? When teams have proven it time and time again, they get the benefit of the doubt.

Best of luck to Elder, but Ed's is the heavy favorite.

Ed's 31
Elder 20
You're first sentence argues against your point. If Eds was so much more talented, you'd know who these players were. It's certainly fair to assume they'll be good, but there's no Shaun Crawford or Cole Gest on this team. And I don't know about you, but last year they certainly didn't look like the better team.

Furthermore, it's fine if you want to believe they are that much better than Elder, that's your prerogative. However, Trey is going on one of his PMS rants, accusing Elder fans not willing to accept this idea as gospel, of being homers. He's dimwitted and incapable of understanding nuance.

Last edited by Descartes; 09-14-17 at 03:48 AM.
  #58  
Old 09-14-17, 07:00 AM
Purplemojo Purplemojo is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-20-08
Posts: 2,837
Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PURPLE REIGN View Post
I'm on Team Trey in this argument. It's not as if we are talking about a team from NC, CA, FL, MD, etc. we have not seen play. We watch Ed's play Elder every year and every year they are among the most talented teams in the state. Combine top talent with solid coaching each year and you have a perennial power. They are undefeated and none of the games have been close.
Elder is also a "perennial power" and is also undefeated.

Elder 24
Eds 21
  #59  
Old 09-14-17, 07:03 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 2,194
Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
So to sum up this page of the thread: there is a large and obvious talent disparity between Eds and Elder, in Eds favor, yet trey cannot come up with one example of this being true, despite being able to name "10 obvious names," so he attacked everyone who addresses this?
  #60  
Old 09-14-17, 07:35 AM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Trey=YRoevWadeisgood
Posts: 4,638
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
So to sum up this page of the thread: there is a large and obvious talent disparity between Eds and Elder, in Eds favor, yet trey cannot come up with one example of this being true, despite being able to name "10 obvious names," so he attacked everyone who addresses this?
It's not unreasonable to assume Eds has more talent. What's ludicrous is to treat it as fact, especially when he hasn't seen Eds play. This is a team Elder beat last season, and Trey's b1tchin out anyone who challenges his weak assertion.This is exactly why his posts aren't worth responding to.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St. Vincent- St. Mary 2017 clarkgriswold Football 187 11-03-17 11:16 PM
Week 3 - Elder at Gahanna Lincoln Pantherontheporch Elder Panthers 132 09-10-17 10:02 PM
2017 OHSAA Last Man Standing Contest (Week 3) Sykotyk Football 30 09-07-17 06:40 PM
SWO King of the Spread Pick'em: WEEK 2 RESULTS Kyle_E_Woyote Football 4 09-05-17 01:15 PM
SWO King of the Spread Pick'em: WEEK 1 RESULTS Kyle_E_Woyote Football 10 08-30-17 12:35 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz