Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-09-17, 11:42 AM
All Ohio

Off_Tackle08 is on a distinguished road
Week 4: Norwood (2-1) @ Goshen (3-0)

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-17, 01:25 PM
All Region

PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
Norwood needs to beat Goshen or New Richmond to have a chance at the playoffs. Goshen has yet to be tested really. Senior laden team seems focused.

That being said, I'll take Goshen at home 28-14.
Old 09-09-17, 06:23 PM
All District

abshiresean is on a distinguished road
Need to see if Goshen starters are conditioned for 4 qtrs(assuming they need to play that long) . Warriors defense has scored 7 tds this season. Norwood can not be one dimensional against this defense or its going to be a long night .
With that being said the Warriors back ups have game experience and starters are rested and 100%. Plus it is Homecoming.

I watched game film on Norwood and they have an athlete at Qb. The receivers haven't seen a secondary as good as this all season.

Warriors win 42-24

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-17, 06:42 PM
All Ohio

93 red ls is on a distinguished road
Goshen by 30
Old 09-11-17, 07:20 AM
Varsity

noclue is on a distinguished road
Goshen 35 Norwood 21
Old 09-11-17, 08:20 AM
All Ohio

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
An old school FAVC game! Or is it an old school SBAAC game lol?

Who knows-they may end up as conference foes again some day.

I'll take Goshen by 13.
Old 09-11-17, 01:09 PM
All District

BaBa au Rum is on a distinguished road
Goshen by a lot!

Goshen - 42

Norwood - 14
Old 09-11-17, 08:10 PM
Junior Varsity

Trap is on a distinguished road
My thoughts? Goshen's totally soft schedule continues. They may end the season 0-4.
Old 09-12-17, 11:49 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap View Post
My thoughts? Goshen's totally soft schedule continues. They may end the season 0-4.
I doubt they end the season 0-4, I'd say they have a better chance of going 3-1 in that stretch than 0-4.

No doubt their schedule has been soft thus far, Holy Cross was anticipated to be much more competitive than they were. Hillsboro could finish the season 7-3 and I look for Norwood to finish 5-5, 6-4. So I think their start could be worse. Ross bailed on them late, but Ross might be below most of the teams they played anyways.

Looking for a big Warriors win this week!
Old 09-12-17, 12:43 PM
All District

20yearcoach is on a distinguished road
You all might be underestimating this Norwood team. Didn't they go 8-2 last season. This season same QB but with a more disciplined RB to work with? Don't know squat about their WR's but heard they were small? Still think it might be tighter than some think.

Norwood 21 Goshen 17
Old 09-12-17, 04:26 PM
All District

How about Norwood O-line? Who is the defense stand out? Goshen offense starts 10 sr. Some play both ways but the subs at every position have experience from last season as well.

Old 09-12-17, 04:32 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by abshiresean View Post
How about Norwood O-line? Who is the defense stand out? Goshen offense starts 10 sr. Some play both ways but the subs at every position have experience from last season as well.

I think Goshen has the advantage in depth and experience. I'm predicting Goshen will wear them down in the 2 half. This game has always came down to physical toughness. Who will run the ball down who's throat.
Old 09-12-17, 04:45 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
I think Goshen has the advantage in depth and experience. I'm predicting Goshen will wear them down in the 2 half. This game has always came down to physical toughness. Who will run the ball down who's throat.
#21 Jimmy stunk will run the Ball Down Norwood throat on his own. Hasn't had to do much yet this season but he might go for 200yrds and 3 tds this week

Old 09-12-17, 04:59 PM
All District

Quote:
Stats from last season​ :1344 yards 20 TDS. 5.4 yard avg on 250 attempts . Vs norwood 189 and 3 TDS.
Verified by http://preps.cincinnati.com/Football...Jimmy%20Strunk

Old 09-12-17, 05:18 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yearcoach View Post
You all might be underestimating this Norwood team. Didn't they go 8-2 last season. This season same QB but with a more disciplined RB to work with? Don't know squat about their WR's but heard they were small? Still think it might be tighter than some think.

Norwood 21 Goshen 17
I don't think Goshen is taking them lightly... everyone is well aware that Norwood went 8-2 last year and Goshen actually scored the go ahead TD but it was called back due to a questionable block in the back. Goshen obviously could have done more and that play wouldn't have cost them but the truth is that Goshen ran right with them the entire game and just fell short at the end. When I said big win, I wasn't referring to margin of victory, but rather just a win is big in this situation. Like Peter said earlier, both teams need this for the playoffs.

That being said, I think Goshen's depth and experience will show in this one.
Old 09-12-17, 05:29 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off_Tackle08 View Post
I don't think Goshen is taking them lightly... everyone is well aware that Norwood went 8-2 last year and Goshen actually scored the go ahead TD but it was called back due to a questionable block in the back. Goshen obviously could have done more and that play wouldn't have cost them but the truth is that Goshen ran right with them the entire game and just fell short at the end. When I said big win, I wasn't referring to margin of victory, but rather just a win is big in this situation. Like Peter said earlier, both teams need this for the playoffs.

That being said, I think Goshen's depth and experience will show in this one.
Maybe Goshen gets some recognition after this week....

Old 09-12-17, 09:23 PM
All Region

I'd rather fly under the radar. The last time Goshen made the playoffs (2009) nobody noticed them til week 9 or so and they snuck in a home game. Granted they lost week 11 but my point is i'd rather sneak up on some people I.E. Massie and Wilmington, than get too much hype too early.
Old 09-13-17, 09:14 AM
All District

Quote:

Norwood 21 Goshen 17
1st year head coach, with no high school experience. I don't think any assistants from last year stayed on either.
Old 09-13-17, 10:32 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaBa au Rum View Post
1st year head coach, with no high school experience. I don't think any assistants from last year stayed on either.
Funny you bring this up because I seen in a post earlier in the year about the same things so I inquired. From what I was told the DC is still there, the OC is still there, and 3 other assistants stayed. They hired the OC from Purcell as another assistant and hired another assistant as Special Teams Coordinator that's been with couple D1 teams.
Old 09-13-17, 08:29 PM
All District

48hrs we will have an answer

Old 09-15-17, 07:27 PM
All District

35-7 Goshen at the Half

Old 09-15-17, 10:41 PM
All Ohio

Quote:

Norwood 21 Goshen 17
Goshen 55
Norwood 17
Old 09-16-17, 05:42 PM
All Region

Quote:

Norwood 21 Goshen 17
You sir, underestimated the Mighty Warriors.

P.S. I wasn't expecting a 28 point margin either.
Old 09-16-17, 07:27 PM
All Ohio

Schmitt is on a distinguished road
Off Tackle, you seem to know a lot about Goshen. I believe they scrimmaged McNick preseason how did that turn out? I'm asking because they might see each other in the playoffs at some point. Although McNick has some difficult Coed games left on the schedule.
Old 09-16-17, 09:57 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitt View Post
Off Tackle, you seem to know a lot about Goshen. I believe they scrimmaged McNick preseason how did that turn out? I'm asking because they might see each other in the playoffs at some point. Although McNick has some difficult Coed games left on the schedule.
14-7 Mcnick at end of 3 . starters pulled after 2nd off. Series for Goshen . Even Matchup if they play a real game.

Old 09-16-17, 11:20 PM
All District

Quote:
Funny you bring this up because I seen in a post earlier in the year about the same things so I inquired. From what I was told the DC is still there, the OC is still there, and 3 other assistants stayed. They hired the OC from Purcell as another assistant and hired another assistant as Special Teams Coordinator that's been with couple D1 teams.
Names? OC from PM, was the head coach Tobin. I thought the DC was MaClaine and the OC was Olds son?
Old 09-17-17, 06:57 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaBa au Rum View Post
Names? OC from PM, was the head coach Tobin. I thought the DC was MaClaine and the OC was Olds son?
OC hasn't been Trent Olds in 3-4 years. He left Norwood when he wasn't given the HC job after Majors left. Don't know where he went between but he's now the HC at Westfall HS. Also, Trent is Andy's nephew.
Old 09-18-17, 07:27 AM
All District

Quote:
You sir, underestimated the Mighty Warriors.

P.S. I wasn't expecting a 28 point margin either.
I stand corrected. Goshen must of really outplayed them. From what I heard Norwood's QB gave up a few picks one for a TD ON some severely bad throws and a fumble in the end zone for a TD as well? Then that just deflated the whole team? Props to the Warriors...
Old 09-18-17, 10:43 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off_Tackle08 View Post
OC hasn't been Trent Olds in 3-4 years. He left Norwood when he wasn't given the HC job after Majors left. Don't know where he went between but he's now the HC at Westfall HS. Also, Trent is Andy's nephew.
Trent olds came to goshen a few yrs ago as a 7th grade bball coach and asst. Def cord. Left Goshen for Norwood job.

Old 09-18-17, 10:44 PM
All District

Quote:
I stand corrected. Goshen must of really outplayed them. From what I heard Norwood's QB gave up a few picks one for a TD ON some severely bad throws and a fumble in the end zone for a TD as well? Then that just deflated the whole team? Props to the Warriors...
Norwood sustained the first half 35-17. Warrior's def and special team gets a game ball.