Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-09-17, 09:30 AM
All Ohio

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Coldwater vs Fort Recovery

Huge implications for Region 24. The loser will certainly be in a tough position to get into the playoffs.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-17, 09:38 AM
Fan of Eagle

EagleFan will become famous soon enough
Coldwater 35
Fort Recovery 34
3OT
Old 09-09-17, 09:51 AM
All American

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Would not want to play CW with their backs against the wall. However if FR can get the running game going it could be interesting. Will pick CW 24 to 14.
Old 09-09-17, 09:58 AM
Fan of Eagle

We will see how far Coldwater has fallen this season in this game. They slipped behind MSML in the league, but have they slipped more toward the middle of the MAC pack?
Old 09-09-17, 10:10 AM
All American

InTheDarke is on a distinguished road
Good question^^, but I still have them above Versailles. Above that, I still think they'll win at least 2 of the 3 against Anna, St Henry, and Minster.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-17, 10:24 AM
All Ohio

OCC GUY is an unknown quantity at this point
Cold water will be in the big game again this year.
Old 09-09-17, 10:29 AM
Fan of Eagle

which big game? Aren't they is same Region as MSML?
Old 09-09-17, 11:47 AM
All District

Bengal WhoDey is on a distinguished road
I expect Coldwater to win this one pretty easily. It is very difficult to run the ball on CW.
Old 09-09-17, 11:50 AM
All Region

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheDarke View Post
Good question^^, but I still have them above Versailles. Above that, I still think they'll win at least 2 of the 3 against Anna, St Henry, and Minster.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Agreed
Old 09-09-17, 11:51 AM
All Region

28-14 Coldwater
Old 09-09-17, 11:52 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal WhoDey View Post
I expect Coldwater to win this one pretty easily. It is very difficult to run the ball on CW.
FR ran the ball pretty effectively last year on CW.
Old 09-09-17, 12:20 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
FR ran the ball pretty effectively last year on CW.
Our run defense was also borderline garbage last year. It is definitely improved. Plus we've played 2 power running teams the last 2 weeks.
Old 09-09-17, 12:25 PM
All District

CJK84 is on a distinguished road
Fort will struggle offensively against a really strong CW defense. And Cavs will be playing inspired football, coming off an uncharacteristic 2-game losing streak.

Will Homan may be best back in the league, but he won't get more than a handful of good looks.

30-6 CW
Old 09-09-17, 10:23 PM
All American

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Believe this game is going to be much closer than some posters are saying. FR has a big o-line like Massie and has one of top backs in the state. Football sometimes is nothing more than match-ups. CW other than no.75 is not real big in the front 7. Question is can the Fort stop CW.
Old 09-10-17, 07:51 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Believe this game is going to be much closer than some posters are saying. FR has a big o-line like Massie and has one of top backs in the state. Football sometimes is nothing more than match-ups. CW other than no.75 is not real big in the front 7. Question is can the Fort stop CW.
FR has very large and physical lines. They will run the football. They need to take care of the football. 7 turnovers in the last 2 games is way to many.
Old 09-10-17, 09:14 AM
All American

bigkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
FR has very large and physical lines. They will run the football. They need to take care of the football. 7 turnovers in the last 2 games is way to many.
if you have that many turnovers against Coldwater.....they will beat you like a drum....nobody does a better job of turning turnovers into points then the Cavs
Old 09-10-17, 11:35 AM
Freshman

flyeaglesfly is on a distinguished road
Another big game in the MAC
Old 09-12-17, 05:14 PM
All Region

Cavman96 is on a distinguished road
You guys might be putting too many points up here. This Cav offense is struggling. The quarterback is quick, but the receiving corps is not what we have been seeing in recent memory. I agree with the posts that the Cav defense is pretty good.

I'll say it'll be low scoring. 20-6 or 21-7.
Old 09-12-17, 05:20 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavman96 View Post
You guys might be putting too many points up here. This Cav offense is struggling. The quarterback is quick, but the receiving corps is not what we have been seeing in recent memory. I agree with the posts that the Cav defense is pretty good.

I'll say it'll be low scoring. 20-6 or 21-7.
What kind of defense do the Cavs play? What makes them "pretty good" In your opinion?
Old 09-12-17, 05:22 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
which big game? Aren't they is same Region as MSML?
If the Cavs come back these next seven games, fixes their issues with their struggling offense, gets better on special teams, and gets into the playoffs, I believe anything can happen.

I they have any offense over the last several years in last week's game, they win that game against MSML. I honestly believe that. Even if they don't turn the ball over, they win that game last week. Other than the one drive from around the 50 yard line and the other from the 10, Marion Local had nothing on offense against the Cav D. Coldwater has to be the ones to clean it up, and if they do, who knows?
Old 09-12-17, 05:25 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
If the Cavs come back these next seven games, fixes their issues with their struggling offense, gets better on special teams, and gets into the playoffs, I believe anything can happen.

I they have any offense over the last several years in last week's game, they win that game against MSML. I honestly believe that. Even if they don't turn the ball over, they win that game last week. Other than the one drive from around the 50 yard line and the other from the 10, Marion Local had nothing on offense against the Cav D. Coldwater has to be the ones to clean it up, and if they do, who knows?
I agree, Coldwater is definitely a team to be respected. Chip will right the ship..... hopefully starting in week 5.
Old 09-12-17, 05:25 PM
All Region

I will ad to my above post that Marion Local also missed some opportunities as well last week.
Old 09-12-17, 06:40 PM
All Region

Quote:

If we don't give Fort the ball at the ten on a turnover like we did the last 3 games, then I'll be pleased. I'm confident that this offense eventually will find their niche and be good. We're not really that far off from being good. The defense that worried me last year seems to be our strongsuit this year. As far as making it to Canton, that's another topic for a different day. We're not at that point yet.
Old 09-12-17, 06:52 PM
All Region

IRLMN1999 is on a distinguished road
FR showed up well against VV. They should put up a very good fight this week against Coldwater

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-17, 09:21 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
If we don't give Fort the ball at the ten on a turnover like we did the last 3 games, then I'll be pleased. I'm confident that this offense eventually will find their niche and be good. We're not really that far off from being good. The defense that worried me last year seems to be our strongsuit this year. As far as making it to Canton, that's another topic for a different day. We're not at that point yet.
How is CW passing attack? I must admit I have been a bit surprised by FR's passing defense so far.
Old 09-12-17, 09:32 PM
All Region

Not as explosive as years past. We don't really have that big playmaker receiver. Ben Wenning is pretty slippery however and Jacob Wenning seems to be our main target. Caleb Dippold is our tight end type. Jacob Hartings is a returning receiver from last year. Sam Broering can throw it but sometimes it worries me. Our running game, I think, is better at this point. How's your run defense?
Old 09-12-17, 09:41 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Not as explosive as years past. We don't really have that big playmaker receiver. Ben Wenning is pretty slippery however and Jacob Wenning seems to be our main target. Caleb Dippold is our tight end type. Jacob Hartings is a returning receiver from last year. Sam Broering can throw it but sometimes it worries me. Our running game, I think, is better at this point. How's your run defense?
Our run defense has been surprisingly weak so far. We seem to play a bend but don't break (to often) type defense. We tend to keep the safeties back to help our very young corners. We rely on our front 7 to stop the run and so far it has not been a great success.
We have some serious size on the lines as Stocker at 250 is the small one. We rely on that size advantage to wear out opposing lines.
Old 09-12-17, 09:43 PM
All Ohio

We simply have to take care of the football. 3 turnovers against VV and 4 against Parkway. We can't lose the turnover battle Friday night and win.
Old 09-12-17, 09:45 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
The daily standard did not have any CW backs listed in their leader board. Does CW have a back with more than 100 yards on the season?
Old 09-12-17, 09:45 PM
All Region

Quote:
Our run defense has been surprisingly weak so far. We seem to play a bend but don't break (to often) type defense. We tend to keep the safeties back to help our very young corners. We rely on our front 7 to stop the run and so far it has not been a great success.
We have some serious size on the lines as Stocker at 250 is the small one. We rely on that size advantage to wear out opposing lines.
We have 2 guards that are about 290