Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-08-17, 08:41 PM
All Region

bluepride1990 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
How many played Two ways for M-Ville
Probably about 15 to 18 played both ways with varying degrees of reps. Big item that was obvious was 3 offensive lineman played alot of defense including sets with all three in.

A couple skill not off the field except special teams.

Now they know they can compete with these teams just need to develop the depth to stay fresh.

Marysville stopped being able to move ball mid 4th and at the same time could not stop Liberty.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-17, 08:42 PM
All Region

bluepride1990 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambeau Fields View Post
Bummer. That would have been a nice win for the Monarchs.
No kidding it was looking good and Liberty was starting to look down as they did not expect a ball game.

Old 09-08-17, 08:49 PM
All World

Lambeau Fields is on a distinguished road
YOTW 3-0 with Kilbourne coming to town in Week 4. That should be a lot of fun out at the old school on 161.
Old 09-08-17, 08:50 PM
All American

Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
I 9u80ubgfvPick North just choked away { stupid penalties other gaffes } a win at Centerville who is good not great North with Jimmy football still can't get it right , gave up huge pass plays against an offense who doesn't really know how to do it? Coaching in flux different guys all the time no continuity, OFFENSE is OK defense can't cover anyone of course you lose to a team that . Sorry North you lose another two to three games
Old 09-08-17, 09:51 PM
All World

Cthelites is on a distinguished road
And I hate the effing 7 pm kick.
I almost didn't even go tonight. Caught the last few in the half. It's bs!!!
Old 09-08-17, 10:04 PM
All District

Big GLHS is on a distinguished road
Heartbreaker

Gahanna Lincoln lost a heartbreaker this evening to Elder 27-23,with less than a half minute left the Panthers hit a long pass into the end zone for the win.

.............very proud of the effort tonight....
Old 09-08-17, 10:12 PM
All District

finals week 3

Canal 33/ Teays Valley 7

Central Crossing 49 / Grove City 42

Coffman 49 / St John's College 0

Bradley 28 / Davidson 10

Reynoldsburg 31 / Olentangy 7.....( SHOCKER)
Old 09-08-17, 10:20 PM
All Region

Walt is on a distinguished road
OCC crapped the bed tonight against out of the area teams...Pick Central, Pick North, and Gahanna all choked against Dayton/Cincy teams.
Old 09-08-17, 10:24 PM
All District

!@#$%^&*()_+%$#@

Yes Walt.....an ugly night for the OCC Ohio.........Reynoldsburg the only bright spot........

I was pulling for the Tigers, and was surprised they lost, same with the Panthers......
Old 09-08-17, 11:55 PM
All Ohio

OCC GUY is an unknown quantity at this point
I was way wrong on my picks!
Old 09-09-17, 08:14 AM
All World

BGFalcons86 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepride1990 View Post
No kidding it was looking good and Liberty was starting to look down as they did not expect a ball game.

Looks like Marysville football is moving in the right direction again. Good for them. Nothing against Liberty, but wanted to see the Monarchs pull that one out.
Old 09-09-17, 08:23 AM
All World

Quote:
Sorry North you lose another two to three games
Possible. Everyone knew the Pick Central and Gahanna games were going to be tough. The Westy Central, Liberty and R'burg games aren't going to be gimmes, either.
Old 09-09-17, 10:27 AM
All American

sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt View Post
OCC crapped the bed tonight against out of the area teams...Pick Central, Pick North, and Gahanna all choked against Dayton/Cincy teams.
SWO 3
OCC 0

Playoff preview maybe.

And Coffman looks like the best team in Canada!
Old 09-09-17, 10:29 AM
All American

YAAAAWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNN, As predictable a response as " Fake News from the bloated orange guy with the too long red tie
Old 09-09-17, 10:33 AM
All American

Two last minute losses { Or seconds} doesn't exactly seem like anything definitive to talk about a play-off preview really . TWM is in a lesser division although I will admit that wasn't a great result seeing as though PC after beating Wayne { OK very fortunate to } last year and having most guys back . But not as if C-Ville or Elder were really any better than their foes , won games a the end again kudos but not dominate at all to suggest they would be a big favorite in a paly-off scenario certainly Gahanna is R-2 anyway , and if C-Ville played North at a Neutral i'll still take North
Old 09-09-17, 11:32 AM
Yappi Supporter

FormerWildcat is on a distinguished road
I think the world is about to stop spinning, because I'm actually going to agree with stivvy for the very first time.

Pickerington North's last second loss to Centerville, and Gahanna's last second loss to Elder aren't that big of a deal. Those games could have just as easily gone the other way. If they had gotten shellacked, I would have agreed with everyone else.

Now, Pickerington Central's loss to Trotwood-Madison is a bit harder to explain. After beating Cass & Cathedral, I don't think you'd expect the Tigers to lose to the Rams. It may just be one of those situations where their game plan is just effective against Central's natural tendencies, kind of like their losses to UA, which were also hard to explain.

Unlike UA, I think there is something to the notion that Trotwood is one of the few programs out there that can put just as many future DI college players on the field as Central. So, the Rams are able to neutralize the usual college talent advantage that PC has over most of the other teams they play.
Old 09-09-17, 11:47 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerWildcat View Post
Unlike UA, I think there is something to the notion that Trotwood is one of the few programs out there that can put just as many future DI college players on the field as Central. So, the Rams are able to neutralize the usual college talent advantage that PC has over most of the other teams they play.
Agreed. Trotwood is one of the few programs that go toe-to-toe with Pick Central on talent. And.. I don't think PC will lose to UA this year. In fact, I think UA is probably looking at 6-4 (losses to PC, Coffman and Davidson), possibly even 5-5 (Westy South or Marysville might surprise them).
Old 09-09-17, 02:13 PM
All American

Very first time? Really ? You are right I know nothing about football or anything else in fact that was only the second smart thing I have ever said in 10 years that a wicked smaaaht guy like you might find truthful or insightful . For the first one check my Davidson Bradley write up on the Coffman thread , kind of insightful actually as in spot on .

Agree for the first time as if I say wrongheaded obtuse things ? Hmmm people seem to view al of my stupid innane musings for some reason , oh yeah that's right people view the page because they love Coffman so much or want to see a car wreck .

Sorry Dude that was a really ignorant thing to say , i pretty much make decent observations that many also agree or at least acknowledge , but then again if you are always disagreeing 99 percent of the time then i know I am on the right track .

If you are so clear headed and disagree with my takes , it would reason you think the exact opposite way, which is really smart right? Go start a thread and see how many people come and look at it .

First time ?
Old 09-09-17, 03:51 PM
All World

Quote:
Pick Central had a brutal 3 game opening slate. As tough as any I can remember a CO team playing. Tough for kids to get 'up' 3 weeks in a row for games like that . Also tough for 17-18 year olds to stay grounded after 2 big opening week wins. Not saying that had anything to do with the loss to Trotwood ( and definitely not trying to take anything away from the Rams)., just making an observation.

Something else to consider, I think Central took week 3 byes a few years back when they were doing the Herbie/Skyline games. Very tough 3 game openers, with a very solid OCC schedule left. Central definitely manned up with the schedule this year.
Old 09-09-17, 04:02 PM
All American

Yes very good observation TWM did not have those two heavyweight games to start . Schedule spots are not always equal , first two games for PC were 4 quarter wars , 3 straight games against thus caliber of opponent made this result not inevitable but certainly undetstandable. Bit off a large chunk of schedule pie , only so much gas in the tank , two hard drives took a bit too much from Centrals , TWM had a bit more in their tank
Old 09-09-17, 05:16 PM
All Region

Quote:
Yes very good observation TWM did not have those two heavyweight games to start . Schedule spots are not always equal , first two games for PC were 4 quarter wars , 3 straight games against thus caliber of opponent made this result not inevitable but certainly undetstandable. Bit off a large chunk of schedule pie , only so much gas in the tank , two hard drives took a bit too much from Centrals , TWM had a bit more in their tank
It definitely seemed that the emotional gas tank was empty. No fire or intensity... in previous weeks after they fell behind in tbe 2nd half it seemed to kick start the intensity and they played with a sense of urgency that was lacking last night.
Old 09-10-17, 07:40 PM
All District

Week Four Top Games

Bradley @ Darby

Coffman @ Olentangy

WV Central @ PK North

Liberty @ Davidson

Kilbourne @ Thomas Worthington......can u believe these Cards!!!

WV South @ UA

Jerome @ Scioto.......love these rivalry games
Old 09-10-17, 08:03 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big GLHS View Post
Kilbourne @ Thomas Worthington......can u believe these Cards!!!
I think I'm heading over on 161 for this one. Would love to be there to see them improve to 4-0.
Old 09-11-17, 07:29 AM
All Ohio

OCC GUY is an unknown quantity at this point
Will be at my Shamrocks vs Olentangy game. Will be a test for us, but hopefully we move to 4-0. No predictions this week, I don't want to jinx us. My wheels really fell off last week in predictions.
Old 09-11-17, 09:04 AM
All Region

Speaking of wheels falling off... what the heck happened with Olentangy?!?!?
Old 09-11-17, 09:25 AM
All American

sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Speaking of wheels falling off... what the heck happened with Olentangy?!?!?
Reynoldsburg is generally underrated. They've got some serious speed and talent. And the D stuffed them five times on fourth down and the O got 3 TDs off those. Plus, the Raiders were probably mentally fired up after that epic collapse last season.
Old 09-11-17, 09:29 AM
All Ohio

The Dock is on a distinguished road
I'm hoping that the Gales aren't looking past Newark, in anticipation of Davidson next week.

Thoughts on Davidson/Liberty?
Old 09-11-17, 09:41 AM
All American

I think Liberty expended a ton of defensive energy against Wayne , was out on the field too long and considering did pretty well . They did a very good job on tge Wayne run game.

Lackluster performance vs. M-vile as a result ?? Expending that kind of physical energy probably showed up last week not to take anything away from Marysville who certainly looks better this year and who has a few very good players .

I think Liberty is able to limit Davidson offensively but a desperate Davidson team who got handled by Liberty last year defends its turf well. Low scoring slugfest. Still lean Liberty but close
Old 09-11-17, 09:48 AM
All American

Basically a playoff game for Davidson , home game off of a good beating by Liberty last year Patriots not as strong or experienced as last year , but either is Davidson , I expect Liberty to be sharper and focused off of the subpar Mville game and Davidson to treat this game with play off level urgency because basically it is a playoff game
Old 09-11-17, 10:26 AM
All American

bigv is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It definitely seemed that the emotional gas tank was empty. No fire or intensity... in previous weeks after they fell behind in tbe 2nd half it seemed to kick start the intensity and they played with a sense of urgency that was lacking last night.
I think Trotwood beats Central regardless ,even if it was week one,sounds like excuses to me