Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-24-17, 10:33 PM
Freshman

puavingtondolla is on a distinguished road
Lakota East football season summed up

Lakota East football season can be summed up in one letter and it starts with the first letter of their name... L I do not claim this do to the talent of the team but the majority of the coaching is absolutely below subpar. There is no team out there besides Colerain and Georgia tech that should be running the triple option. Mothers, fathers, friends, little kids know what Lakota east is running I can tell you right now.. RIGHT up the middle.. as an overall record of 40-44 obviously Lakota Easts Richard Haynes the offensive coordinator and head coach should really realize it does not work. Les miles was 141-55 an incredible record but was released. under Ricks command the hawks have been 40-44 and are just falling more and more being a fan I hope to see them change their offense or rick to step down. if not I can tell you the next ten games will be hard to win 1 I do not believe their will be a winning game or a winning season as Richard is the coach.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-17, 11:15 PM
All District

MooseJaw is on a distinguished road
Navy runs it pretty good too!
Old 08-25-17, 08:29 AM
Junior Varsity

cincyfb13 is on a distinguished road
Haynes and the AD are buddy buddy so he will be there as long as he likes. We continue to lose kids to Lakota West and Catholic schools all while West brings kids in from out of the district. This should be a long year of us getting out coached and never making adjustments.
Old 08-25-17, 08:43 AM
All District

wideout4life is on a distinguished road
Are they getting kids in college?
Old 08-25-17, 08:45 AM
All World

Spize is an unknown quantity at this point
Look at the bright side... Nate Moore is probably available this winter.
Old 08-25-17, 08:50 AM
All Yappi

DonMagicRon is on a distinguished road
The Lakota East base is running out of patience.
Old 08-25-17, 09:20 AM
Freshman

[QUOTE=cincyfb13;6815350]Haynes and the AD are buddy buddy so he will be there as long as he likes. We continue to lose kids to Lakota West and Catholic schools all while West brings kids in from out of the district. This should be a long year of us getting out coached and never making adjustments.[/QUOTE]

It's absoutly ridiculous we are losing talent left and right and I don't blame the parents, PARENTS if you want your kid to go to college for free don't send them to Lakota East. take em to the bombers or big moe. Lakota east has maybe sent 3 players D1. The bombs are sending them out left and right
Old 08-25-17, 10:09 AM
All World

CardDad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by puavingtondolla View Post
[QUOTE=cincyfb13;6815350]Haynes and the AD are buddy buddy so he will be there as long as he likes. We continue to lose kids to Lakota West and Catholic schools all while West brings kids in from out of the district. This should be a long year of us getting out coached and never making adjustments.
It's absoutly ridiculous we are losing talent left and right and I don't blame the parents, PARENTS if you want your kid to go to college for free don't send them to Lakota East. take em to the bombers or big moe. Lakota east has maybe sent 3 players D1. The bombs are sending them out left and right[/QUOTE]

Sounds like recruiting to me
Old 08-25-17, 10:12 AM
All World

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
I love these threads
Old 08-25-17, 10:25 AM
Junior Varsity

Let run the ball straight up the middle 33 times a game then lets bring out an ancient defense that never runs a stunt AND THEN lets act shocked when we get our heads kicked in. The coach's arrogance (refuses to adjust ever) and lack of self-awareness is the pure reason for mediocracy year after year.
Old 08-25-17, 12:32 PM
Freshman

CincyTalentScout is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wideout4life View Post
Are they getting kids in college?
No... that's your answer no
Old 08-25-17, 12:37 PM
"Officially" Retired

tofer23 is on a distinguished road
Well, maybe next year.
Old 08-25-17, 12:43 PM
Freshman

Lakota East Players will have a 0-10 season this year do to coaching. As they get their backs beat down by walnut. I highly suggest the AD of Lakota east go looking for a new coach that knows more plays than the 2004 NFL street ball game
Old 08-25-17, 12:45 PM
All Yappi

FBGuy is on a distinguished road
Alter seems to have some success running the ball up the middle a lot.

Hilliard Davidson and Colerain have done well with running the ball up the middle most of the time.

Lets not let the truth get in the way of this thread though.
Old 08-25-17, 01:12 PM
All District

Quote:
Lakota East Players will have a 0-10 season this year do to coaching. As they get their backs beat down by walnut. I highly suggest the AD of Lakota east go looking for a new coach that knows more plays than the 2004 NFL street ball game
Sheesh 0-10 come on I know they can beat walnut
Old 08-25-17, 01:18 PM
Junior Varsity

Da Bad Guy is on a distinguished road
not from there, but teams that run option are a pain to prepare for. Up north, Milan Edison is great at it. Did this coach bring it with him when he was hired? If so, blame the people who hired him, not the coach. Most triple option coaches run it because that is all that they know. Others may run it for the same reason as a wing t. Small offensive linemen taking angles vs zone blocking. Maybe you should talk to the coach instead of ranting on a public forum?
Old 08-25-17, 01:18 PM
All World

The Myth is on a distinguished road
I remember back a couple years ago if the kids stayed Lakota East could have run the Triple Option with Greg Simpson at QB, Chenault at FB and Mikel Horton at TB. Not sure why they transferred but that trio could have won a LOT of football games running any offense.
Old 08-25-17, 01:24 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by da bad guy View Post
not from there, but teams that run option are a pain to prepare for. Up north, milan edison is great at it. Did this coach bring it with him when he was hired? If so, blame the people who hired him, not the coach. Most triple option coaches run it because that is all that they know. Others may run it for the same reason as a wing t. Small offensive linemen taking angles vs zone blocking. Maybe you should talk to the coach instead of ranting on a public forum?
+1
Old 08-25-17, 02:32 PM
All Region

cincyhsfan
Lakota east doesnt have the speed to run the option. When haynes was at colerain he had all kinds of kids with speed.
Old 08-25-17, 02:54 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Myth View Post
I remember back a couple years ago if the kids stayed Lakota East could have run the Triple Option with Greg Simpson at QB, Chenault at FB and Mikel Horton at TB. Not sure why they transferred but that trio could have won a LOT of football games running any offense.
Don't forget bobby brown and will mahone. They could of definitely won A LOT of games BUT they left and kids continue to leave. That all comes down to the head coach. And ya ya ya Colerain runs the triple hilliard runs the trip alter does shut up. East is not any of those teams and will not be if kids leave. At this point 6 years of the triple and it doesn't look like it works at all maybe we try something different like castner did at mason.
Old 08-25-17, 03:34 PM
All World

The Myth is on a distinguished road
But you don't see kids leaving those programs because of their offense.
Old 08-25-17, 03:51 PM
All District

PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
Now I'm hoping East has a 6 or 7 win season because of the joker who started this thread....Who joined this site yesterday....
Old 08-25-17, 04:11 PM
Freshman

Harambe4Ever is an unknown quantity at this point
He may be a terrible coach but NOBODY serves a better pickle juice than Mr. Haynes.

(I've heard that he calls all the 'star' players down to his office during game days to have them drink pickle juice to prevent cramps. I agree with the OP, that's pretty much the extent of his coaching )
Old 08-25-17, 04:42 PM
All Ohio

HSFB Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
Now I'm hoping East has a 6 or 7 win season because of the joker who started this thread....Who joined this site yesterday....
Most likely a dad pissed because junior is on JV....

Folks its HS Football....The option game is run by many teams around the country mostly because they do not have the size numbers to run a more traditional offence but there are a lot like Colerain that are powerhouses in their state that run the option....

As far as college recruiting...It comes down to talent...If the kid has it it does not matter the team record,coach or scheme. Go to the GMC college commit page and you will see teams that are consistent 3/4W teams with kids going to Big D1 Programs....

As far as EAST not having speed....They do better than Colerain in track (Although so does most of the other GMC schools) so, they have speed they may need to encourage it to play football....
Old 08-26-17, 09:27 PM
All American

Carl Rick is on a distinguished road
I don't think he is a good coach. They never beat good teams. As far as going to college, that comes down to talent. Think it is very well known that Larry at Lakota West is below average and they send their talent all over the place. If a player is good they will find you. I have no idea if Haynes is tight with the AD or not. With their schedule they could be 4-1 going into the West game. (Kings, Princeton, FF, and OHills) In the 2nd half of the season W's will be hard to come by. If they don't beat the lesser teams early then could be a 2-8 type season.
Old 08-30-17, 08:37 PM
Freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
naaaaaaaa 6 and 7 wins won't happen this first win might be the only one all season. yeah I'm a joker. just go ride your dragon on to someones else post JOKAAAAAA
Old 08-30-17, 09:01 PM
All American

KingKong24 is on a distinguished road
Will they beat Kings this Friday??? Kings is supposed to be down this year.
Old 08-31-17, 07:22 AM
All District

JetSweepAudible22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKong24 View Post
Will they beat Kings this Friday??? Kings is supposed to be down this year.
I think they will take down Kings on Friday. The win over Walnut was a good one....Walnut is going to be a lot better then people think.
Old 08-31-17, 10:51 AM
All District

PeterDragon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
naaaaaaaa 6 and 7 wins won't happen this first win might be the only one all season. yeah I'm a joker. just go ride your dragon on to someones else post JOKAAAAAA
You're almost up to double digit posts. Good work.
Old 09-01-17, 09:42 AM
All District

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
I just don't see all the hate for Coach Haynes. I have no skin in this, but both Lakota teams seem to have the most unrealistic expectations for their coaches and programs. Look, in the 6 years & 1 game Haynes has been there, East has a record of 35-30. He has taken his team to the playoffs twice in 6 years.... better than just about anyone else in GMC that is not Colerain or West. He also won 1st playoff game each time..... that is to be commended. In 2012, he lost to the state champ.

Now, you may not like the Triple or his simplistic defense. That's fine, but as the old saying goes, it's not the x's and o's, it's the Jim's and Joe's. People always find reasons to complain, and they even complain at success! It is a public school, which will always have ebbs and flows. Not to mention there are so many schools in the area that are competing for kids with open enrollment and Catholic Schools. Many complain that he doesn't adjust; those folks would be the same ones to complain if he changed things too much during a game. They'd be on here saying "He can't make up his mind, he has no clue." If he had the sexy spread where they throw 50 times a game, they'd be complaining about how they don't run the ball enough, and it puts the defense in a bad spot. Be happy with what you have, much of the GMC would love to have the success of the past 6 years that East has had. The 6 seasons before Haynes were atrocious with only 1 winning season. Relax people, it's high school football and we are talking about teenagers.