Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-22-17, 03:48 PM
Pope Francis 1 Pope Francis 1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-30-16
Location: Vatican City
Posts: 1,346
Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
2016 Handicapping Champion, Pope Francis 1, Shocking Locks of the Week... Week 1

Greetings and salutations to all my deplorable fans out in Yappiville. Keep those cards and letters coming.

After shocking the world with my upset special last fall, picking the St. X. Suicide Bombers over the Iggy Mildcats in the championship game, I'm back to provide my "locks of the week" for 2017.

Pope Picks - Week 1

St X Suicide Bombers over Hinsdale Central, IL
(nothing good ever came out of Illinois)

LaSalle Low-Energy Lancers over Crooked Colerain Cards
(GCL = Guaranteed Colerain Loss)

Iggy Mildcats over Akron Hobo's
(why would anyone choose to live in Akron?)

St. Eds Beagles over Erie McDowell
(Erie PA...... almost as depressing as Akron)

Gibsonia Pine-Richard over Wayne's World
(seriously, G P-R.....who in the hell comes up with these names?)

Elderly Pitiful Panthers over Lakota West
(and speaking of ugly communities, have you been to Price Hill lately?)

Moeller Crooked Crusaders over Hamilton
(Moeller, the high school recruiting capital of the world)



Final note: My NFL picks went 15-1 last year as I picked the Browns to lose every week.




Sirach 26:14 "A silent wife is a gift from the Lord"

Last edited by Pope Francis 1; 08-22-17 at 04:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 08-22-17, 08:56 PM
sapientia et veritas sapientia et veritas is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-07-13
Posts: 1,787
sapientia et veritas is on a distinguished road
No pick for the Voucher Bowl?

Toledo Central Public at Columbus Bishop Public.

Toledo has a 220-97 edge in voucher points - take that into account.

Also keep in mind that all of Toledo not counting Ottawa Hills and Sylvania is depressing, ugly, and dirty.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-22-17, 09:44 PM
kdogg's Avatar
kdogg kdogg is offline
Go Bombers !!!
 
Join Date: 08-23-04
Location: Searching for Excellence
Posts: 1,080
kdogg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Francis 1 View Post
Greetings and salutations to all my deplorable fans out in Yappiville. Keep those cards and letters coming.

After shocking the world with my upset special last fall, picking the St. X. Suicide Bombers over the Iggy Mildcats in the championship game, I'm back to provide my "locks of the week" for 2017.

Pope Picks - Week 1

St X Suicide Bombers over Hinsdale Central, IL
(nothing good ever came out of Illinois)

LaSalle Low-Energy Lancers over Crooked Colerain Cards
(GCL = Guaranteed Colerain Loss)

Iggy Mildcats over Akron Hobo's
(why would anyone choose to live in Akron?)

St. Eds Beagles over Erie McDowell
(Erie PA...... almost as depressing as Akron)

Gibsonia Pine-Richard over Wayne's World
(seriously, G P-R.....who in the hell comes up with these names?)

Elderly Pitiful Panthers over Lakota West
(and speaking of ugly communities, have you been to Price Hill lately?)

Moeller Crooked Crusaders over Hamilton
(Moeller, the high school recruiting capital of the world)



Final note: My NFL picks went 15-1 last year as I picked the Browns to lose every week.




Sirach 26:14 "A silent wife is a gift from the Lord"


Pope: I was with you all the way up until the HHW game Brother. Warriors are to strong and hungry this year. Other than that,...........looked spot on.



P.S. Go Bombers !!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-22-17, 10:16 PM
vamp2syd vamp2syd is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-24-02
Location: HH Wayne 35 Moeller 17
Posts: 34,734
vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg View Post
Pope: I was with you all the way up until the HHW game Brother. Warriors are to strong and hungry this year. Other than that,...........looked spot on.



P.S. Go Bombers !!!
Don't think so.... Pine Richland returns a bunch plus a bunch of transfers came over and they are absolutely loaded. Wayne lost way too much to graduation.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-22-17, 11:29 PM
Sykotyk Sykotyk is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Location: Lowellville, OH
Posts: 3,842
Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
Just a few days from the game, I'm picking Pine-Richland and there's a chance it won't be close. This game might not count for playoff for PR, but being on ESPN at home and a very strong 'growth' district that's growing in affluence, they're going to be out there to make a statement and I think they can do it.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-23-17, 09:21 AM
Pope Francis 1 Pope Francis 1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-30-16
Location: Vatican City
Posts: 1,346
Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg View Post
Pope: I was with you all the way up until the HHW game Brother. Warriors are to strong and hungry this year. Other than that,...........looked spot on.



P.S. Go Bombers !!!


I originally picked Wayne's World, but then I checked into PR..... and they are loaded!!! (Hope I'm wrong as I'd love to see WW win this one)

On a side note, my inside sources at X tell my they were very happy at not having to face Wayne's World in the playoffs last year.

Last edited by Pope Francis 1; 08-23-17 at 09:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-23-17, 09:35 AM
Pope Francis 1 Pope Francis 1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-30-16
Location: Vatican City
Posts: 1,346
Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapientia et veritas View Post
No pick for the Voucher Bowl?

Toledo Central Public at Columbus Bishop Public.

Toledo has a 220-97 edge in voucher points - take that into account.

Also keep in mind that all of Toledo not counting Ottawa Hills and Sylvania is depressing, ugly, and dirty.


Indeed, Toledo, much like the city in northeast Ohio, is deplorable. Not sure if any rivers in Toledo have ever caught fire?

As far as the game is concerned, I gotta go with CBP but please note this is NOT included in my guaranteed "Locks of the Week"....... as I've never heard of either school.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-23-17, 11:11 AM
Pope Francis 1 Pope Francis 1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-30-16
Location: Vatican City
Posts: 1,346
Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Featured Moms Club of the Week:
St. X. Football Moms Club itinerary for Week 1

9:00 AM - Daily maid service arrives at each estate to cook, clean and do laundry

11:00 AM - Brunch at Hyde Park Country Club

1:00 PM - Attend polo match

3:00 PM - manicure & pedicure

5:00 PM - dinner and drinks at Hyde Park Country Club

7:00 PM - attend football game
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-23-17, 11:19 AM
OUcats82 OUcats82 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-14-04
Posts: 829
OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Francis 1 View Post
Featured Moms Club of the Week:
St. X. Football Moms Club itinerary for Week 1

9:00 AM - Daily maid service arrives at each estate to cook, clean and do laundry

11:00 AM - Brunch at Hyde Park Country Club

1:00 PM - Attend polo match

3:00 PM - manicure & pedicure

5:00 PM - dinner and drinks at Hyde Park Country Club

7:00 PM - attend football game
Make sure everything wraps up at the HPCC in time for all of the workers to make it back on time to cheer for the Crooked Cardinals and Low Energy Lancers.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-23-17, 11:40 AM
MickeyMantle MickeyMantle is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 04-13-09
Location: Cushy state job
Posts: 16,051
MickeyMantle is on a distinguished road
Solid thread. Good work, all.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-23-17, 12:03 PM
bkmk1 bkmk1 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-22-16
Location: Erie,PA
Posts: 476
bkmk1 is on a distinguished road
Since I am seeing many Ohio people picking Pine Richland to beat Huber Hts. Wayne, I'd be curious if there is an Ohio team or teams that those same people would pick to beat Pine Richland this year if they played. And if so, what team or teams would you pick. Very curious!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-23-17, 12:45 PM
OUcats82 OUcats82 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-14-04
Posts: 829
OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmk1 View Post
Since I am seeing many Ohio people picking Pine Richland to beat Huber Hts. Wayne, I'd be curious if there is an Ohio team or teams that those same people would pick to beat Pine Richland this year if they played. And if so, what team or teams would you pick. Very curious!
I would put St. X up against anyone right now. They were supposedly a year away last year from being strong and that resulted in a state title (one that likely surprised even the biggest Bomber fans).

I would also put Ignatius and Ed's up against anyone as they are always good to great and play anyone.

Pick Central sounds pretty tough this year, too.

I would like to say Colerain but they usually are on their heels a lot when they play a team with a really strong QB. The secondary may be a little too green yet for a challenge like the guy going to Notre Dame I believe.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-23-17, 01:00 PM
bkmk1 bkmk1 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-22-16
Location: Erie,PA
Posts: 476
bkmk1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUcats82 View Post
I would put St. X up against anyone right now. They were supposedly a year away last year from being strong and that resulted in a state title (one that likely surprised even the biggest Bomber fans).

I would also put Ignatius and Ed's up against anyone as they are always good to great and play anyone.

Pick Central sounds pretty tough this year, too.

I would like to say Colerain but they usually are on their heels a lot when they play a team with a really strong QB. The secondary may be a little too green yet for a challenge like the guy going to Notre Dame I believe.
So does that mean that if you were ranking Ohio teams, you would rank them as follows:
1. St X
2/3. Iggy/Eds
4. Pick Central

???
And if so, where would you rank Wayne?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-23-17, 01:11 PM
Pope Francis 1 Pope Francis 1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-30-16
Location: Vatican City
Posts: 1,346
Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmk1 View Post
Since I am seeing many Ohio people picking Pine Richland to beat Huber Hts. Wayne, I'd be curious if there is an Ohio team or teams that those same people would pick to beat Pine Richland this year if they played. And if so, what team or teams would you pick. Very curious!

Maybe X and Iggys........ hope Wayne pulls it off
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-23-17, 01:29 PM
Struthersfan Struthersfan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-20-11
Location: San Jacinto, California
Posts: 2,611
Struthersfan is on a distinguished road
Oh exalted one.
We'all know these here parts are not your neck of the woods nor your particular area of expertise.
Could you kindly chime in with shocking predictions/revelations of what the two "beautiful" Youngstown, Ohio voucher academies will do this weekend and year?

Beautiful Youngstown cardinal south Public Academy
and
Beautiful Youngstown North Voucher Academy.

Enlighten us oh exalted one with words of wisdom and enlightenment.

You really should visit these exotic areas/locales of Ohio in order to further your resume.

Last edited by Struthersfan; 08-23-17 at 02:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-23-17, 01:53 PM
Pope Francis 1 Pope Francis 1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-30-16
Location: Vatican City
Posts: 1,346
Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Struthersfan View Post
Oh exalted one.
We'all know these here parts are your not neck of the woods nor your particular area of expertise.
Could you kindly chime in with shocking predictions/revelations of what the two "beautiful" Youngstown, Ohio voucher academies will do this weekend and year?

Beautiful Youngstown cardinal south Public Academy
and
Beautiful Youngstown North Voucher Academy.

Enlighten us oh exalted one with words of wisdom and enlightenment.

You really should visit these exotic areas/locales of Ohio in order to further your resume.


Hate to admit it, but I'm clueless on this one. Not even sure what insults I can hurl at the supporters of these two fine institutions.
And speaking of institutions, I've been told marriage is a wonderful institution... but who wants to live in an institution?!?!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-23-17, 01:56 PM
Pope Francis 1 Pope Francis 1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-30-16
Location: Vatican City
Posts: 1,346
Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmk1 View Post
So does that mean that if you were ranking Ohio teams, you would rank them as follows:
1. St X
2/3. Iggy/Eds
4. Pick Central

???
And if so, where would you rank Wayne?

Absolutely loved Wayne last year.....and I think they would've beaten my X Suicide Bombers. Had they beaten X, I would've jumped on their bandwagon. But I'm not sure, what did they lose talent wise from a year ago?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-23-17, 02:02 PM
Pope Francis 1 Pope Francis 1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-30-16
Location: Vatican City
Posts: 1,346
Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUcats82 View Post
Make sure everything wraps up at the HPCC in time for all of the workers to make it back on time to cheer for the Crooked Cardinals and Low Energy Lancers.

Good point. HPCC has made accommodations to allow kitchen staff early dismissal from work so they can watch their Crooked Cards Friday night.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-23-17, 06:05 PM
Pope Francis 1 Pope Francis 1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-30-16
Location: Vatican City
Posts: 1,346
Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmk1 View Post
So does that mean that if you were ranking Ohio teams, you would rank them as follows:
1. St X
2/3. Iggy/Eds
4. Pick Central

???
And if so, where would you rank Wayne?


Pope's Preseason Poll (PPP)
1) Suicide Bombers
2) Mildcats
3) Beagles
4) Crooked Cards
5) Nose Pickers (Pick Central)
6) Waynes World
7) Olentangy Liberty
8) Fairfield Indians
9) Dublin Coffman
10) Pitiful Panthers
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-24-17, 02:44 PM
vamp2syd vamp2syd is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-24-02
Location: HH Wayne 35 Moeller 17
Posts: 34,734
vamp2syd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Francis 1 View Post
Absolutely loved Wayne last year.....and I think they would've beaten my X Suicide Bombers. Had they beaten X, I would've jumped on their bandwagon. But I'm not sure, what did they lose talent wise from a year ago?
Football is about match ups and I believe Wayne would of whipped up on X last season but struggle against Iggy....

Wayne lost a ton from graduation as well as move outs losing some studs.... It might take awhile for this years Wayne team to get it going but still will be a dangerous team if they find a way into the playoffs. Watch out for Wayne in 2 years though, they will be loaded and back at the elite level...
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-25-17, 12:13 PM
Pope Francis 1 Pope Francis 1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-30-16
Location: Vatican City
Posts: 1,346
Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
Football is about match ups and I believe Wayne would of whipped up on X last season but struggle against Iggy....

Wayne lost a ton from graduation as well as move outs losing some studs.... It might take awhile for this years Wayne team to get it going but still will be a dangerous team if they find a way into the playoffs. Watch out for Wayne in 2 years though, they will be loaded and back at the elite level...

Agreed Wayne's World would've smoked X in the playoffs last year. An asst coach at X said as much (actually he said they wanted no part of Wayne and they were relieved when Wayne got upset the week before playing X)
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-26-17, 05:21 PM
Warrior78's Avatar
Warrior78 Warrior78 is offline
Proud Dad of a US Marine
 
Join Date: 10-05-05
Location: Warrior Way
Posts: 2,941
Warrior78 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotyk View Post
Just a few days from the game, I'm picking Pine-Richland and there's a chance it won't be close. This game might not count for playoff for PR, but being on ESPN at home and a very strong 'growth' district that's growing in affluence, they're going to be out there to make a statement and I think they can do it.

Wow, maybe Wayne should just stay home. Save the gas money and start planning for week 2...that is if you think they a chance in that game as well.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-26-17, 05:29 PM
Pope Francis 1 Pope Francis 1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-30-16
Location: Vatican City
Posts: 1,346
Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Hope we're all wrong and Wayne comes home with a W....
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-27-17, 08:38 PM
Pope Francis 1 Pope Francis 1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-30-16
Location: Vatican City
Posts: 1,346
Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg View Post
Pope: I was with you all the way up until the HHW game Brother. Warriors are to strong and hungry this year. Other than that,...........looked spot on.



P.S. Go Bombers !!!

Did you see the final score of the HHW game? Brutal
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-27-17, 08:40 PM
Pope Francis 1 Pope Francis 1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-30-16
Location: Vatican City
Posts: 1,346
Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Pope Francis goes 7 for 7 in week 1........ Papal infallibility!

So if you bet $10,000 on each game, you'd be $70,000 richer today!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-27-17, 09:07 PM
eaglepride eaglepride is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 09-12-02
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 3,576
eaglepride is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior78 View Post
Wow, maybe Wayne should just stay home. Save the gas money and start planning for week 2...that is if you think they a chance in that game as well.
Guess he was right and they should have saved the gas money.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-27-17, 09:15 PM
Pope Francis 1 Pope Francis 1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-30-16
Location: Vatican City
Posts: 1,346
Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglepride View Post
Guess he was right and they should have saved the gas money.
Yes it may be a rebuilding year at Wayne's World in 2017.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St. Vincent- St. Mary 2017 clarkgriswold Football 187 11-03-17 11:16 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz