Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-22-17, 01:12 PM
SLAGuy SLAGuy is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-11-17
Posts: 479
SLAGuy is on a distinguished road
Browns players kneeling during the National Anthem

What did you think of this display?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 08-22-17, 01:26 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 9,040
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
It has become old and tired. At this juncture, I don't pay much attention to it. I don't care any more about the a professional player's political views than I care about a celebrity's.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-22-17, 02:20 PM
Chop Stix Chop Stix is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-06-05
Location: 8000 Utopia Pkwy
Posts: 3,404
Chop Stix is an unknown quantity at this point
It was awesome. The Browns are officially my favorite national anthem team.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-22-17, 03:15 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 67,279
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chop Stix View Post
It was awesome. The Browns are officially my favorite national anthem team.
The Don't be like Lebron post was a loser, but this one made me chuckle.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-22-17, 03:54 PM
14Red 14Red is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 2,212
14Red is on a distinguished road
Some of the players kneeling claims they were "praying" for the country? Ok, but isn't it still disrespecting the anthem if you're not standing? With clarkgriswold, it's old and tired already.
As we all know the NFL is a business, and players bringing attention to themselves this way, while representing their teams is just a bad look.
I fully expect the NFL to do one of two things if this continues.
1. the players, coaches and staff will be in the locker rooms during the anthem, then will come on the field after the opening game ceremonies.
2. the anthem simply won't be played during the game. I don't know how much it's done now, but there are probably random fans who don't stand during the anthem, some talk or do other things as the anthem is being played.
Stay tuned...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-22-17, 04:14 PM
Monclova Steve Monclova Steve is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-26-09
Location: Monclova, OH
Posts: 839
Monclova Steve is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Some of the players kneeling claims they were "praying" for the country? Ok, but isn't it still disrespecting the anthem if you're not standing? With clarkgriswold, it's old and tired already.
As we all know the NFL is a business, and players bringing attention to themselves this way, while representing their teams is just a bad look.
I fully expect the NFL to do one of two things if this continues.
1. the players, coaches and staff will be in the locker rooms during the anthem, then will come on the field after the opening game ceremonies.
2. the anthem simply won't be played during the game. I don't know how much it's done now, but there are probably random fans who don't stand during the anthem, some talk or do other things as the anthem is being played.
Stay tuned...
Do you EVER try to understand ANY viewpoint other than your own?
I'm sure that you would say "Of course I do", right?
Well then, please explain what -- in your view -- these players could be trying to communicate by their actions during the national anthem.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-22-17, 05:28 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 67,279
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monclova Steve View Post
Do you EVER try to understand ANY viewpoint other than your own?
I'm sure that you would say "Of course I do", right?
Well then, please explain what -- in your view -- these players could be trying to communicate by their actions during the national anthem.
He doesn't care. He just wants something to cry about.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-22-17, 06:56 PM
Neopolitan Neopolitan is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 2,412
Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
An Ohio Supreme Court Justice is upset with the "draft dodging" Browns players

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-22-17, 06:58 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 67,279
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Like he was going to watch the Browns anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-22-17, 06:58 PM
Arrogate Arrogate is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Posts: 2,040
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Who would want to attend a Browns game anyway? Only way I can think is if an opposing teams fan showed up
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-22-17, 07:16 PM
Raider6309 Raider6309 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-12-15
Location: Athens
Posts: 1,321
Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
The Browns suck and they are trying to get some attention.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-22-17, 07:42 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 9,040
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Browns are finally a league leader in some area.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-22-17, 11:52 PM
ronnie mund ronnie mund is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-13
Posts: 5,862
ronnie mund can only hope to improve
I love it because the snowflakes on the right get triggered big time. More kneeling during the anthem please.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-23-17, 05:44 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 28,048
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
The Browns players knelt to pray for unity in America and for Kaepernick to be able to read a defense and call a play at the LoS. Selfless act by fine Americans.

Last edited by cabezadecaballo; 08-24-17 at 04:20 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-23-17, 12:38 PM
tom 48 tom 48 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Posts: 4,071
tom 48 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
An Ohio Supreme Court Justice is upset with the "draft dodging" Browns players

Were any of the players alive or of age when we had a draft? Is the man daft? I guess I answered my own question. To think that he sits on the Supreme Court of the state.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-23-17, 12:48 PM
SLAGuy SLAGuy is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 01-11-17
Posts: 479
SLAGuy is on a distinguished road
Why is it that the sport with the most non-Americans is the one sport we don't hear about this controversy. Good job MLB by not letting the players get overinflated egos.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-23-17, 01:15 PM
Raider6309 Raider6309 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-12-15
Location: Athens
Posts: 1,321
Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Stop shooting each other. Get a real job. If you knock up a girl, grow up, become a man, and raise that child. Stop using meth.

As meth increases, the heavy crimes will increase, and more black people will be shot by the police
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-23-17, 03:14 PM
Monclova Steve Monclova Steve is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-26-09
Location: Monclova, OH
Posts: 839
Monclova Steve is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
Stop shooting each other. Get a real job. If you knock up a girl, grow up, become a man, and raise that child. Stop using meth.

As meth increases, the heavy crimes will increase, and more black people will be shot by the police
Are you talking about the Browns? Are you talking about those who knelt and/or placed their hands on their kneeling teammates' shoulders?
Why are you only referring to black people?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-23-17, 03:18 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 67,279
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Weird rant by the raiders guy.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-23-17, 03:24 PM
Monclova Steve Monclova Steve is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 05-26-09
Location: Monclova, OH
Posts: 839
Monclova Steve is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Weird rant by the raiders guy.
Yep. Where did that come from?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-23-17, 03:26 PM
Raider6309 Raider6309 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-12-15
Location: Athens
Posts: 1,321
Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monclova Steve View Post
Are you talking about the Browns? Are you talking about those who knelt and/or placed their hands on their kneeling teammates' shoulders?
Why are you only referring to black people?
It's also the rural white community. Be nice if both poor black and white people worked together to fix their communities
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-23-17, 03:34 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 67,279
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
It's also the rural white community. Be nice if both poor black and white people worked together to fix their communities
Yeah, it'd be great. What does this have to do with the not so poor football players not standing for the Anthem? Or is it random post day?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-23-17, 03:46 PM
Raider6309 Raider6309 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-12-15
Location: Athens
Posts: 1,321
Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Yeah, it'd be great. What does this have to do with the not so poor football players not standing for the Anthem? Or is it random post day?
They are kneeling for police brutality. I really don't care if someone wants to kneel, that is their right. Im just saying why kneeling will do nothing if you only blame the police
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-23-17, 04:02 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 67,279
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Kneeling alone is symbolic at best, I agree. Although it seems Kaep has put his money and time where his mouth is off the field.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-23-17, 05:10 PM
Raider6309 Raider6309 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-12-15
Location: Athens
Posts: 1,321
Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Kneeling alone is symbolic at best, I agree. Although it seems Kaep has put his money and time where his mouth is off the field.
I'm surprised he can't find a team but idk what kind of money he's asking for
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-23-17, 06:18 PM
Descartes Descartes is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-06-16
Location: Trey=YRoevWadeisgood
Posts: 4,638
Descartes is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
I'm surprised he can't find a team but idk what kind of money he's asking for
The people protesting outside NFL Offices are idiots, do they think Goddel can force a team to sign him? And you know the instant the starting QB struggles, the SJWs will be pushing for him to start.

And Miami might have signed him instead of Cutler, if he hadn't worn that Castro shirt.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-24-17, 12:12 AM
ronnie mund ronnie mund is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-13
Posts: 5,862
ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
I'm surprised he can't find a team but idk what kind of money he's asking for
cabez has vast amounts of knowledge on the money he was asking for. I'd ask him.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-24-17, 04:22 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 28,048
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monclova Steve View Post
Are you talking about the Browns? Are you talking about those who knelt and/or placed their hands on their kneeling teammates' shoulders?
Why are you only referring to black people?
Because Kaep's protest was about black's being shot by cops
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-24-17, 04:23 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 28,048
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
It's also the rural white community. Be nice if both poor black and white people worked together to fix their communities
But Kaep doesn't care if they^ get shot....
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-24-17, 04:31 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 28,048
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
cabez has vast amounts of knowledge on the money he was asking for. I'd ask him.
He wants too much. He wants more than he's worth to any team at this point.

Pete Carroll says Kaep is "a starter in this league". He worked Kaep out when Seattle needed a back-up, and did not sign him. I wonder why ? Do you think Carroll was worried about media scrutiny if Kaep was on his roster ? Do you think Kaep thought he was going to beat out Russell Wilson ?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ohio Longhorns Looking for 10U, 12U, 13U & a few HS players to Finalize Rosters. BulldogBaseball Baseball 0 08-02-17 09:25 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz