Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-10-17, 06:41 AM
Junior Varsity

Lefthook37 is on a distinguished road
I was there at the new House McKinley from what I saw will be a team to deal with MUCH improved passing and Catching...total big step up from last year...it showed why they finished runner up in the USA 7 on 7 against 18 teams .....Ed's was huge but McKinley seamed to wear them down two TD's called back one on holding an a pick 6 that they blew dead...Ed's had a pass interference called on them would have put the ball at the 15 but they didn't walk it off....it finished 5-1 McKinley freshmen an JV teams ran them off the field as well....know its the first but you only get better with more reps.....be a good test Saturday with Stow....but that house is some thing else need to be there to take it all in
Old 08-10-17, 07:21 AM
All World

THESHADOW14 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefthook37 View Post
I was there at the new House McKinley from what I saw will be a team to deal with MUCH improved passing and Catching...total big step up from last year...it showed why they finished runner up in the USA 7 on 7 against 18 teams .....Ed's was huge but McKinley seamed to wear them down two TD's called back one on holding an a pick 6 that they blew dead...Ed's had a pass interference called on them would have put the ball at the 15 but they didn't walk it off....it finished 5-1 McKinley freshmen an JV teams ran them off the field as well....know its the first but you only get better with more reps.....be a good test Saturday with Stow....but that house is some thing else need to be there to take it all in
good update - if they beat ST Ed 5-1 in scrimmage..... well..... look out for Pups!....

For the record - St Ed don't lie down in scrimmages - I tell you, Pups are for real and going to be for now on...

cant wait for scrimmages this weekend - Jackson scrimmage will tell a lot - this is just my opinion
Old 08-10-17, 07:23 AM
All World

Just Curious - does Massillon have posters anymore?
Old 08-10-17, 10:56 AM
All Region

Cali_Eagle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle_62 View Post
I was wondering if anyone has mentioned the health and whereabouts of Oil Filter.
I have asked this question on 2 or 3 different threads since his abrupt disappearance and have never got what seemed like a well informed reply.

He had sooooo many posts that I don't believe he just up and left the forum. I have no definitive or genuine knowledge at all on his whereabouts.,but I do fear the worst, that he has simply passed away and no one here knew him well enough to note it.

If someone DOES have "definitive or genuine knowledge" of what happened to him, it would be Great if they would share it. He was a Great poster here and is missed.
Old 08-10-17, 10:57 AM
Freshman

4i3 Magics booster is on a distinguished road
It will be interesting to see how Canal Fulton Northwest does in the PAC this season. They have to be relieved that they are not playing that crazy independent schedule.
Old 08-10-17, 11:11 AM
Building Tradition

Eagle_62 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Eagle View Post
I have asked this question on 2 or 3 different threads since his abrupt disappearance and have never got what seemed like a well informed reply.

He had sooooo many posts that I don't believe he just up and left the forum. I have no definitive or genuine knowledge at all on his whereabouts.,but I do fear the worst, that he has simply passed away and no one here knew him well enough to note it.

If someone DOES have "definitive or genuine knowledge" of what happened to him, it would be Great if they would share it. He was a Great poster here and is missed.
Thanks Cali_Eagle, I was thinking the same, that would be a shame. Although this is just an anonymous forum you sometimes feel as you know who you're talking to and you at the least would like to give them a nice yappi send off. I think that Egret has mentioned him so maybe he can help.

Last edited by Eagle_62; 08-10-17 at 11:25 AM.
Old 08-10-17, 03:44 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle_62 View Post
Thanks Cali_Eagle, I was thinking the same, that would be a shame. Although this is just an anonymous forum you sometimes feel as you know who you're talking to and you at the least would like to give them a nice yappi send off. I think that Egret has mentioned him so maybe he can help.
Obviously Oil Can is missed... he provided some great Banter over the years - hope he/she is well and just switched to another yappi name (like others over the years)
Old 08-10-17, 03:47 PM
All American

Summa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHADOW14 View Post
Obviously Oil Can is missed... he provided some great Banter over the years - hope he/she is well and just switched to another yappi name (like others over the years)
He was a unique poster. I think it would be fairly obvious if he just switched over to a new username. Hopefully he is well, but he has not posted on Yappi under any name in a long time now.
Old 08-10-17, 07:44 PM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Me.
Old 08-10-17, 07:47 PM
All World

Egret is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summa View Post
He was a unique poster. I think it would be fairly obvious if he just switched over to a new username. Hopefully he is well, but he has not posted on Yappi under any name in a long time now.
Sorry guys I just saw this. I honestly don't know what happened to him. It's almost like he dropped off the face of the earth. I asked a good friend of his in Massillon a year or so ago and he also didn't have a clue. Guy was smart as he!! and torched EVERYONE on here. I miss him. Met him McKinley weekend some years ago. He was a guitar player in a local band and I happened into the place. Pretty cool guy. Wish he would come back. He's definitely not on here. He had a unique posting style that I haven't seen since.
Old 08-10-17, 09:17 PM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
True Egret. And just about the last guy you'd suspect got tired of spouting his opinion, lol. Miss him. And boy did we have some run ins.
Old 08-10-17, 09:40 PM
All World

Ok... Bye bye Oil Can... wish you well...

Now.... Perry beats Buchtel... that's something to talk about... hope Perry Poster can give us highlights from scrimmage?
Old 08-10-17, 09:48 PM
All World

BIG ED is on a distinguished road
The Panthers scored on their fifth play as Max Baker hit Robbie Kirchner on a 51 yard pass. Then on mainly running plays went from their 30 to Buchtel's 40 in four plays.
Buchtel's first 10 plays went from their 30 to their 47.
Perry's next TD came on a 39 yard pass from Baker to the WR number 8, whose name escapes me, on play 7.
Next offensive series for Buchtel died at their own 45.
Perry's next series went to Buchtel's 30.
Buchtel's last offensive series went to the Perry 4 on play 8, but Perry stopped them for no gain on the next two plays.
Overall not bad for the first time out. Buchtel is quick and hit hard. Panthers look to have some good skill and their young line did a decent job.
Old 08-10-17, 09:53 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG ED View Post
The Panthers scored on their fifth play as Max Baker hit Robbie Kirchner on a 51 yard pass. Then on mainly running plays went from their 30 to Buchtel's 40 in four plays.
Perry's next TD came on a 39 yard pass from Baker to the WR number 8, whose name escapes me, on play 7.
Buchtel's last offensive series went to the Perry 4 on play 8, but Perry stopped them for no gain on the next two plays.
Overall not bad for the first time out. Buchtel is quick and hit hard. Panthers look to have some good skill and their young line did a decent job.
Thanks!.... Like I have heard and believe... Wakefield will get those young Kids ready no question to compete at high level... Quick!
Old 08-11-17, 10:03 AM
All Ohio

my2sense is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I can only presume that the season is not looking real promising or we both know that they would be chest thumping and cyber high fiving all over the place
Old 08-11-17, 10:08 AM
All American

Stark Born & Bred is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG ED View Post
Sounds like a nice scrimmage for the Panthers. Please tell your boys to take it easy on my Crusaders on September 1.
Old 08-11-17, 11:00 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
I can only presume that the season is not looking real promising or we both know that they would be chest thumping and cyber high fiving all over the place
ummm.... agree!

I have not heard anything from my Massillon faithful either.... but I do know one thing...

Tigers aint gonna have fun at Benson field this year!
Old 08-11-17, 11:06 AM
All American

BigSack is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
f you man, the Tigers are going to crush Mentor week one and win every other game and pick up state title #53. The Tigers are the top team in OH...again
Old 08-11-17, 11:26 AM
All Region

mtigers96 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
ummm.... agree!

I have not heard anything from my Massillon faithful either.... but I do know one thing...

Based on what? First scrimmage? Let's talk in about a month then let's get week 10 trash talk going!!!
Old 08-11-17, 01:07 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtigers96 View Post
Based on what? First scrimmage? Let's talk in about a month then let's get week 10 trash talk going!!!
McKinley is state champs because they "beat" Ed's in a scrimmage...you didn't get the memo?
Old 08-11-17, 01:27 PM
All Region

mtigers96 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
McKinley is state champs because they "beat" Ed's in a scrimmage...you didn't get the memo?
Apparently not!!!
Old 08-11-17, 02:11 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
Sorry for confusion... l really meant "Beat Up" St Eds!
Old 08-11-17, 05:58 PM
All District

jtigerjoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
ummm.... agree!

Think the last time the Crusaders played the poor old Tigers, they got rolled by 50. Perry won't play the Tigers. Why don't they schedule them and take all the easy Harbins. How many fans are the fighting Panthers taking to the Vandalia Butler game. Are there any bus tickets left? Talk about a bunch of chest thumpers. Egret, I doubt you are a Tiger fan. If you are, stay in Florida, we don't need fans like you. Keep posting though, you know more than all the people who live here. Can't figure out while Oil don't post anymore. He is probably sick of all the nonsense.
Old 08-11-17, 07:24 PM
All World

"Central could beat Massillon last 3 years".... and

Jackson gets squashed by Mentor today!

Both facts!...
Old 08-11-17, 07:27 PM
All Ohio

starkfb
Jt, Egret has some class. Perry has nothing to prove or gain by playing your team. Funny your transfers had to sit home again after the first round of the playoffs.
Old 08-11-17, 07:38 PM
All District

Quote:
"Central could beat Massillon last 3 years".... and

Jackson gets squashed by Mentor today!

Both facts!...
Maybe Central beats the Tigers, but we will never know. Same with Perry. Perry has been good the last several years, I'll give them credit. Wakefield still won't play Massillon. No, they don't have anything to prove, but they still are not willing to play the Tigers. I see the logic of not playing Massillon. Great crowd at both venues, great competitive games. How many did Butler bring last year. I know Perry don't need money, but they are turning down a nice nest egg by avoiding Massillon. Oh, by the way, if Wake is so great, why did you guys can him in the first place. Oh, also, not so sure Central beats Massillon. Why don't you guys schedule us? Who cares about Jackson? They will choke halfway through the season anyway.
Old 08-11-17, 07:42 PM
All District

Central lost to New Philly, St. Thomas Aquinas. and one other team I am drawing a blank on. So don't act like they were invincible.
Old 08-11-17, 07:44 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtigerjoe View Post
Central lost to New Philly, St. Thomas Aquinas. and one other team I am drawing a blank on. So don't act like they were invincible.
Sorry... Tigers wanted nothing to do with Crusaders of recent... that's that!
Old 08-11-17, 07:47 PM
All World

I never said Crusaders were invincible... I said they could beat Massillon... that's all!
Old 08-11-17, 07:56 PM
All District

Quote:
Sorry... Tigers wanted nothing to do with Crusaders of recent... that's that!
That's that. So that proves it. They in all likely hood would have spanked your as---two out of three and probably three out of three. When did you become the football god? You don't know unless you play. It's easy to talk. Man up and play us.